Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-04-2004, 02:38 AM   #1  
Proud Mama

Default Who needs a scale when you have the mall!?!?

Has anyone tried this? I can't afford to buy new clothes everytime I lose weight, but one of the most fun things I've tried, instead of scales, is to go into stores, and TRY on the clothes. You don't need to buy anything, but I LOVE doing this! Sounds silly, but it makes me feel better knowing what I couldn't fit into before, and now can.

Anyone else try this? What were your experiences??
Uggamugga4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 06:27 AM   #2  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I try on about a dozen outfits every Saturday, and generally buy one item.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 10:48 PM   #3  

when I need to be remotivated, I do go to the mall and try on clothes because it always gets me thinking of where I was just a few months ago. With how far I have gone in that period of time makes me feel as though I could do alot more although I do hop on the scale since I do want to be under a certain weight too.
gabwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 11:37 PM   #4  

Clothes are a big motivator for me too. Not everyone would be comfortable with this, but I go to our local thrift store and buy smaller sized clothes that I would really like to be able to wear someday soon, then launder them and hang them around the house (I live alone) for inspiration. The clothes are inexpensive in my local store, esp the 5cent rack!!, and some items are very nice. I live in an upscale area so there are many really nice things donated. If I end up not liking the fit of the item, I will simply re-donate it. In fact tomorrow I am going again -- the thrift store is right next to the grocery where I shop.

Jan h250,s214,c205,g?170?
jansan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 05:30 PM   #5  
Proud Mama

Jan, I have my "older clothes" from a couple of years ago, before my 3-kids-in-a-year body. OH ! I MISS THAT GIRL WHO USE TO WHERE THOSE CLOTHES! She was so pretty and stylish!! Where is she?! Hahaha! (I need to get over myself!!) :laughing: :rolling:

I lost 2 pounds this week! Well kind of! I went up and down two pounds, and it settled on a final 2 pound loss this week. YAY! My husband bought me some really cool hair color. Looks awesome. (So dark red it almost looks brown, but in the light it is really cinnamon/fire red.) LOVE it! I feel pretty, OH so PRETTY! *singing*

HOpe you all are having a great day!
Uggamugga4 is offline   Reply With Quote