Favorite mini-motivators?

• Hi all, what are some of your favorite mini motivators/reminders to help get you thru the dog days of dieting?

A few of mine are:
    -Clothes shopping at our good local thrift store and seeing the bargains that I cant quite fit into yet... (clothes shopping anywhere does it for me, but I am very frugal)

-Hanging a piece of clothing just one size too small where I can see it daily.

-re-reading the list of why I want to lose.

I find I have to keep coming up with new ones to keep them working. Do you use any other ones that are effective?

Jan
  • Looking through Oxygen magazine. Too many muscle pics and fitness articles are a definite appetite suppresant!
  • I cut out a picture of a body image I want from a mag (a reasonable one not a super model or anyhing) and cut a picture of my head and put it on the cut out of the body, seems to work whenever i get depressed i look at it and it cheers me up to think Ill look like that once I've gotten to my goal.
    I also have mini goals and mini reward like by nov 11 I want to lose 2lbs my reward is a new pair of earrings or lipstick something cheap.
    Heather
  • I got this idea somwhere else on this website, so I can't take credit for it, but I have bought a charm bracelet and add a charm for every 10 pounds I lose. I wear it almost every day and it reminds me that even though I have only three charms now, the bracelet will be full some day and will be an ongoing reminder of how far I've come.