Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-11-2004, 02:09 AM   #1  

Thumbs up Singlemomma need motivation

I need some serious motivation. I am teenage mom with a 3 yr old son.

I have a 12-10 Job. 5'6 about 180 Lbs, I have been a heavy child and teenager as well my lowest weight was 150 when I was depressed. While I was pregant I went up to 215LBS! .. It's been almost 3 yrs now and I don't look good in clothing, I am having a very hard time trying to just be Fit and Healthy Not so much to get Skinny just be live longer and keep up with my active 3yr old. I feel if I can feel better health wise my self esteem will improve and I will have the confidence to do more in my life, I.E got back to college. . . I don't feel I fit the college girl Mold...

I love sweets, love bread, pasta - downfall.
I don't like veggies.

I am looking for a Diet buddy someone to support me in this. Don't really know where else to start. . .

CW : 180
GW: 140
MarkzChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 07:48 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 226/222.2/140

Height: 5' 9"

Default Hi

Keep a jounral for a week, study it and then choose one area at a time to work on - for example, swapping soda for water, trying a new veggie or a new way to cook a veggie, playing active games with your toddler. Why don't you join us on the 10 day challenge. It is a lot of fun and you will get a lot of support for your goals.

Good luck

Lee
EternalDieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 08:05 AM   #3  
Dragon2Fly

Smile

Hello MarkzChik! Welcome aboard!

Congratulations for making you first right step in the direction of permanent fat loss and healthy lifestyle! I'm sure you can do it, like many girls here have already done or are just about to be there!

I'm 31, mom to a 2.5y old boy and have just joined the board at the beg. of Oct for the very same reasons like you and am fighting the same battle with sweets. Since I'm not a follower of any known diet, and think that low-carb, low-fat + proper exercise is the right and sustainable routine for me, I joined the 10-day challenge thread and am currently on a sugar ban.

Did you decide about the program that will work best for you?

Whatever you opt for, you will find a plenty of support here, both physchological and practical. Just believe in yourself and you can do it!
See you around,
D2F
dragon2fly is offline   Reply With Quote