Motivation!

• Hey eveyrone!! Just wanted to get an idea on how you keep your motivation and what inspires you to lose weight. My motivation is being able to see pictures of myself without cringing when I look at it. I also want the added benefit of going into a store and picking up a normal, non-plus size article of clothing off the rack and knowing it will fit!!

SW: 180 CW: 176 GW: 140
  • Half my motivation is chewing on my arm right now...

It's all about my girls. I grew up with no clue into proper nutrition, but I want to be able to teach it to my daughters. And kids learn through seeing, so...
  • Some of the motivators I used was:

1. Buying a nice outfit that I really loved in a size smaller than I wear and hanging it in plain daily sight. When it fits, buy another a size smaller.

2. Reminding myself that if I splurged from time-to-time that I might gain a pound or two, but look how much I've lost.

3. Shopping for some article of clothing every week and enjoying the heck outta the clearance racks. Had a lady at Wal*Mart the other day, looking in the same rack I was, state "These are for skinny people like you". And me, ever the picture carrying fool, whipped out my before and after that I keep in my wallet and started chatting it up. LOL!

4. I started reading lots of magazine articles on people who lost weight. I pick up a mag everytime I see such a story on the cover. Prevention carries them in about every issue.

5. And living in a region that is large on healthy living helps tremendously.
  • My motivation right now is looking in the mirror. Seeing the areas I want to change helps me to "just say no". It also inspires me to move my butt. If I start feeling complacent, I ask myself if I want to be comfortable on the beach for once, or if I want to live my entire life and never be the cute girl in the bikini.