Some of the motivators I used was:
1. Buying a nice outfit that I really loved in a size smaller than I wear and hanging it in plain daily sight. When it fits, buy another a size smaller.
2. Reminding myself that if I splurged from time-to-time that I might gain a pound or two, but look how much I've lost.
3. Shopping for some article of clothing every week and enjoying the heck outta the clearance racks. Had a lady at Wal*Mart the other day, looking in the same rack I was, state "These are for skinny people like you". And me, ever the picture carrying fool, whipped out my before and after that I keep in my wallet and started chatting it up. LOL!
4. I started reading lots of magazine articles on people who lost weight. I pick up a mag everytime I see such a story on the cover. Prevention carries them in about every issue.
5. And living in a region that is large on healthy living helps tremendously.