Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-12-2004, 01:02 AM   #1  

Unhappy Please Help

Hi. I'm new here so bear with me. I don't even know where to start. I need some motivation and inspiration to get me going. I am at such a low right now that everyday is a struggle for me to even get myself out of bed. Let me try and shead some light here. About 4 years ago I lost about 65 pounds and felt absolutely wonderful!! I was on top of the world. Something inside me just clicked and I was like a machine. I did TaeBo every day except Sunday. I ate nothing but fruit, veggies, yogurt, tuna, greens and beans, very little red meat and absolutely no starch or sugar. I was never hungry and the pounds just melted off. It was euphoric! I felt so good about myself and I was so very happy. Then, I found myself slowly eating a little of this or that here and there but I was still losing weight so I ate a little more of this or that and became lax with the exercise. Well you probably already know that of course the weight came back and then some. I feel so disgusted with myself every day. I can't even look in the mirror, it makes me sick and I have nightmares thinking of what my husband must see when he looks at me. I have tried so hard to try and regain that determination and I just can't do it! I think to myself everyday I'm getting older and the older I get the harder it is going to become for me to lose weight. I'm 35, my back is in constant pain and now, just recently, my shin's and hips hurt when I stand up from a sitting position. I'm 5 feet tall and I weigh about 215 lbs (at least the last time I checked). My self esteem is in the toilet! I feel silly comming here but I felt that only others who have or have had a weight problem would be able to relate to this and I am too ashamed to cry on a friend's shoulder. I was just hoping that by comming here maybe, just maybe, I could find something to spark that desire in me and run with it. Any help or advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading. I feel better just by getting this off my chest and out here. "C"
cma68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 01:32 AM   #2  

hey,
you've definitely come to the right place. every person here knows exactly what you're going through. take a look around, you'll find wonderful people with advice, support, knowledge and sometimes evn a boot in the rear. oh and of course a lot of hugs.
it's all possible, you've taken the first step. just keep one foot in front of the other (ok we all backslide from time to time )
find discusson threads that speak to you, ask questions, make a plan, post your plan and keep coming back for motivation.
good luck to you, see you around
gen
gatsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 02:16 AM   #3  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Hello, and welcome! I invite you to stop by the 100 lb. Club. You couldn't find a kinder, more supportive group of people -- most of whom know intimately the pain of regaining what you've lost. They even call getting back down to those "newly" lost pounds, "virgin loss." It's not required that you have literally 100 pounds to lose *looking at the lovely, svelte Gen here, who has graced our group with her most charming presence* the key is that you surround yourself with positivity, support, and knowledgeable people who can personally relate to what you're going through.

You can get right back in the saddle, girlfriend; you wouldn't believe how much better you're going to feel once you sieze control of your destiny and health by taking the second step. You were very wise to come here.....now come back and give yourself a chance to succeed!
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 11:29 AM   #4  
Getting back on track!

Hi
Just want to second whats already been said and say WELCOME!!!
I've got a similar amount to lose and have lost it before and put it on again, and tried this diet and tried that diet and lost a bit and put it on etc etc. I know how you feel, I look at pictures of myself before I was fat or from when I lost weight the first time and could just myself for putting weight on.
On my 33rd birthday this year (in August) I started again and I'm not doing any particular diet just eating healthily,reducing portion sizes, drinking lots of water and taking some exercise. I've gone past quick fix efforts and I just know I don't want to be fat all my life so I'm going to stick at this and make it my lifestyle. I still have treats but they are not my staple diet like they used to be!!!
As you move around on here you'll see loads of people doing different diets/eatingplans etc and I think you just need to find out what is best for you. What is excellent about 3FC is that people are so encouraging and supportive. I love reading about people who have lost incredible amounts of weight and are keeping it off.
You are not disgusting, you're brave and you are taking matters in your own hands which is an amazing first step - you can do this!!!!! We've all been where you are. I even hate catching my reflection in shop windows but I just keep telling myself that this is temporary, I'm addressing it, it's going to take time but I'll get there.
If I can help you I will, I hang out mostly at the 100 club with some amazingly kind and encouraging people who would love to see you there. (I'm sure you'll be welcome anywhere!!)
Love from Annie
Annie-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 09:50 AM   #5  

Hopefully you have learned from this that eliminating whole groups of food may let us lose weight quickly but doesn't give us the power to keep it off. Try starting slowly, drink water, snack on veggies and fruit. Take it one day at a time - sometimes I have to take it one hour at a time. Set you sight on a smaller goal than the total you want to lose - 10% of your current weight, 5 pounds, etc. Have a plan ready for things to take your mind off eating when you feel the urge to overeat - having a bubble bath, for example, is not compatible with eating. Ask you husband and family to help you. Keep coming here for great support. Good luck to you!
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 10:05 AM   #6  

Welcome! You will find a lot of people here just like you. Posting here is fun, because it gives you motivation. You can find a daily thread. Then check in every day and talk about small successes. It makes the time go by fast.
Aquareggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 07:48 AM   #7  

Welcome ... we've all been there sweetie and we all know what it feels like. No words that we can say can set you down the path to long-term weightloss, it has to come from within. By admitting that you need to take action, you have taken the first step. Once you've taken the leap, we'll all be here to support you along every step of the way!
goeatanapple is offline   Reply With Quote