Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-24-2004, 01:33 PM   #1  
yay!!!!!

Default Why did the scale stop moving?!

I feel like I've been trying so hard and doing so well.. I've really been excited the last week because I'm right at that 200 mark and I want the One's soooooo bad! And yet here I am still the same... I've been extra good no cheating, staying on course and yet can't get past that mark.. Has anybody else had this happen.. It's so frustrating cause I feel I'm at a turning point and nothing is going on!
trickdaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 02:55 PM   #2  
Princess In Training

Probably just a plateau. They aren't fun, but they don't last forever...

Ramp up your exercise for a few weeks and vary your calorie intake (within a normal range) from day to day to "shock" your metabolism into working again. As your weight drops your metabolism adjusts to the lower calorie intake and works at that level.

Keep working at it!!!
IWantMyFairyTale2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 04:11 PM   #3  

I know your frustration, I have stayed at the same wt. for 3 weeks before a change.... it happens. I know how important it must be for you to get past that 200 mark but for the moment reflect on your achievement so far. You have done well. Hopefully you are feeling better and your confidence growing. Don't let 1 little pound throw you off course.

Turn that frustration into determination
Tina1uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 04:32 PM   #4  
yay!!!!!

Thanks guys for the support.. Your right one pound should not throw me off I'll keep fighting and stay on track .. maybe I'll go on a extra long walk tonight and not weigh in for a couple days.. THANKS!!!!!!!
trickdaisy is offline   Reply With Quote