Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-22-2004, 06:19 PM   #1  

Red face Where did you start losing weight first?

Hi everyone!

So I am looking for everyone's advice/insight yet again! My question is, what part of your body did you start losing weight first and so forth? I guess you might only know this if you measured everything (like I am currently ) but you might have also noticed from how your clothing fit.

I did my first weigh-in/measurement today and although there were less inches in most places, I seem to have lost the most in my bust, upper thighs and ankles. At first I thought I might be on some hidden camera show because who honestly loses the most weight in their ankles and bustline? The latter being the one place you wouldn't really mind keeping plump?

Anyways, I look forward to your insights! Maybe it is a cycle and changes as you get more into your weight loss or just very specific to the person...

have a great day!
kalei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 07:24 PM   #2  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Unfortunately, per my husband, in my boobs. Goodbye to some old friends. LOL
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 08:12 PM   #3  
Ilene the Bean

EVERYONE is different when it comes to this ... The first place you put it on is the last place you will take it off...

I loose in my chest first and my hips and thighs last... I don't mind loosing in the chest at all I don't particularly like a big chest I have never been bigger than a C, and that was when I was pregnant... now I'm an A.5 I call it because an A is too small and a B is too big...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 09:25 PM   #4  

(Raising hand in agreement) Boobs here as well. I was actually pretty happy about that, but my husband was not
featherz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 01:25 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 256/179/135

Height: 5'6"

I'm losing from the top down, to my hubby's dismay.

The butt & thighs will definitely be the last to go.
RoseWaddles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 03:49 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 176/143/138

Height: 5'7

I lost around my waistline first, so for awhile there I had this extreme hourglass figure happening before everything else caught up lol. The boobs were next to go (much to my horror!) and then the arms, then the butt, then the face and then my thighs last of all.

Livi
Lyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 06:50 AM   #7  
Blonde Bimbo

Why is it when we lose weight we think our husband's will be pleased with the new skinnier us, yet they don't seem to like where we lost the weight from?
Old 08-23-2004, 09:42 AM   #8  

The first place I really noticed I lost weight was in my boobs too. This is no big deal to me. Next, my face began to look much thinner, and that is when friends and family started noticing I was losing! I have never had a real big tummy, but I find losing the weight in the thighs and hips is terribly hard! I am at my goal weight now, however, I sure wouldn't complain if I lost a few more inches off my hips and thighs!
Have a great day, everyone!
CAROL
Carolfromfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 10:26 AM   #9  
Princess In Training

I usually lose first in my face, then it is a tie between my thighs and waist. But I am going stricktly from the feel of my clothes... LOL I hope to goodness I lose some of my chest though... Sheesh... Being well-endowed is for the birds! Can't ever find button up shirts that fit right...
IWantMyFairyTale2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 04:34 PM   #10  
Running Babe

Remember we do need fat though especially in the butt/thighs area (and I have plenty if anybody wants some ). On that note, I am very big thighed and I definitely still have a curvy behind. Even at a tight 140lbs my thighs still touched, just the way my body is. Overall my weight loss was pretty proportional. I used to be a big pear shaped person, now I am a smaller one. My boobs were relatively small at 256, now my chest resembles a gymnast (thank God there is something called padded bras).

One place to look while you're losing is your back. I noticed the fat fly off so I could see my knuckles, my collar bones, my jaw line and foot bones etc, but kind of ignored my back. Then one day at about 160lbs I turned and noticed something in the mirror: DEFINED SHOULDER BLADES and no back flab, that felt good

Good Luck to you all!! It's a discovery process!

Ali
Sweater Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 04:36 PM   #11  
Running Babe

Jack: I lost half a size (for shoes). My mom lost 2 sizes. I lost three ring sizes.

Cheers!

Ali
Sweater Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 01:27 PM   #12  
yay!!!!!

Hi all new here but I thought I'd chime in as well! I've really lost most of my weight it seems in my lower calves and waist. It's funny I just read your post sweater about shoes... I put my dress shoes on the other day and they were to big! I was Lovin it

(oh and ya boobs here too )
trickdaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 12:01 AM   #13  
resident lactivist

I can vouch that not only is it different for every person, it can be different for the same person at different times.

I lost some weight in high school and it came off my chest. When I first started losing weight this time, right after having my daughter, it came from my face first, then my hands. I gained some when pregnant with my second daughter, and now it seems bound & determined to cling to my neck while my fingers are getting smaller--I had to put my engagement ring on my middle finger first, then my wedding ring (which is a slightly smaller size) after it to keep it on. My first wedding ring was a 9.5 (no clue what size the replacement is), my engagement ring is a 9, and I have a brand-new cross ring, size 8, that is a tiny bit loose on my ring finger.

I have lost some around my ribcage, but my breasts really aren't getting much smaller if any. That, though, is a result of milk, not diet.

And I have also gone from a 9.5 down to an 8W.
GreatBigMonsterMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 07:48 AM   #14  
Searching

I lose off my face first, cheekbones those are cool. Rings are usually next. I have one ring that really fits me that my Mom gave me. She is a sweetheart, she always guesses what size I am off what she is. So I always get something smaller.

I have gone from a 44DD to a 38D cup. At 120 lbs I was a 34D cup so I hope that I don't get much smaller. That age thing! My mom loses off her breast first now. OMG the last time we were both really thin I think she was in a B.

Chris
rochemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 10:22 PM   #15  
Blonde Bimbo

I've gone from a 42D to a 34B, from a size 7 1/2 ring to a size 5, and from a size 8 shoe to a size 7.

LOL Jack. Hubby didn't mean it to be bad, it's just he misses some old friends.