Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-13-2004, 07:42 AM   #61  

Hey everyone!

I hope you are all doing fine! Me? Well I am tired and stressed as usual but it is getting better. Things have finally started to feel normal, almost to the point where I can begin to concentrate on this "weightloss" I have lost the two pounds (thinking it was just water) and am motivated to continue...if I could just get my butt in gear.

Yesterday went bathing suit shopping with my mother, she got a great one for herself (we went to Addition Elle which is a great store that deals only in 14plus.) I did not find anything for me though. It has been so long since I bought a bathing suit that every one I tried one felt like I was almost naked. Only time I show that much skin is in the shower! I am hoping that when I lose a few more pounds I will feel a little more comfortable. (I don't even wear shorts).

Well its 7:30 am and I am already at work. Was here at the same time yesterday. Hoping to get alot done before everyone comes in and needs something from me. I can't beleive the amount of interuptions I have in a day. Oh well,...have a great day everyone!

Dale
Trixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 08:55 AM   #62  

Good Morning Dale. 2 pounds is 2 pounds-good for you! I know what you mean about the bathing suit issue. I also do not wear shorts, one reason is that my husband and I have totally different thermostats, he is usually trying to freeze me to death, so I do not wear them for that reason and that fact that I do not like the way I look in them. I do not understand why they think that everyone who wants a bathing suit wants to be just about naked in them - thin or not. I have to much respect for myself, husband and God to offend any of us by showing off body parts that only my husband, GOd and my gyn. doctor sees, and if I could do away with the gyno. I would! Anyway just hang in there. Have a blessed day. will catch you tonight after I get off of work. God Bless.
praytherosary822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 01:53 PM   #63  
my dad made me1 from wood

I so feel ya guys I don't wear shorts either and have no clue why bathing suit have to be so tiny......... GOOD JOB DALE ON THE 2LBS!!!!!
I started MY TOM I feel awful... At least its not 12-15 days anymore before I had my kidney transplant it used to be atleast that long sometimes longer or sometime I wouldn't have one and when I finally did it was just cramp city sever cramps I would be sick all day so im very thankful for that at least(trying to make myself feel better)
I did get some exercise in this morning not as much as I would have liked but hey I don't feel up to it. Well I post later... Heather
scorchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 10:41 PM   #64  

Hello Heather. Life can be tough for us females. First we have the hormone rush during puberty then we start our monthly cycles, then we go through different stages through adulthood, then when we get older menopause and hormones from **** again, we have hormonal issues for our whole lives it seems! How long since you had your transplant? Anyway take care. God Bless.
Old 07-14-2004, 09:49 AM   #65  

I had my transplant on Jan 22 of this year.....
Old 07-14-2004, 09:32 PM   #66  

Glad you were able to have a donor, God is so good, He even turns someone's tragedy into a blessing for someone else, and what a blessing for the donor and their family to know that through their sorrow they have allowed another person to live a normal life.
Will catch up with you tomorrow night, have some more messages to post. God BLess.
Old 07-14-2004, 10:35 PM   #67  

I certainly know what you guys are talking about when the "woman" issues come into play. I had a hysterectomy when I was 28 and have not a my monthly in four years. While I am no longer in pain I find that I now deal with other things.....like everytime i see a baby..I just want to put them in my pocket and keep them forever. I do consider myself very lucky that I have my daighter. I love her sooooo much that she makes my life complete, every once in a while though I want another. I try to focus on thinking that now I can make a whole bunch of babies, children and families happier and healthier because I spend time and show them how lucky they are and should cherish every moment they have with each other. I do best when people get frustrated that they have to deal with their babies and when they learn that I (who can't get enough of babies) cannot have anymore, They start to look at things a different way. It makes it worthit, knowing that while I will never bare another child, I can make a difference in others and that is very satisfying (sp). So anyone out their with extra babies send them my way!!!!

Finally got the internet at home working so I will be around more often. I am thinking of all of you and hope that you are having a wonderful evening! Take care!

Dale
Old 07-14-2004, 10:49 PM   #68  

my donor was a living donor unrelated donor.He is from my church. I am bery thankful for what he and his family have done for me.
That is a very postive attitude u have dale......
Old 07-15-2004, 09:41 AM   #69  

Nothing much has happen to me Just feeling tired and didn't wanna do much yesterday stupid TOM.... However, today i got in all my exercising my dh had a 10k to do this am so i got up with him... Next friday he has a 20k wow I don't think I could do 12mls in like 2 or 3 hrs with an extra 30lbs on my back hehe... Well I'm gonna go clean up talk to u chickies laterz...
Old 07-15-2004, 09:05 PM   #70  

Good evening ladies. We didn't go walking this morning because hubby deciced yesterday in all the heat to pressure wash the house and pavement, well his feet got wet so he took off shoes and socks, well the tops of his feet are so RED and sunburned! He had to ride home from work bare foot, so no walking for a few days I guess, I do not feel safe walking by myself in the dark in a deserted parking lot. Hopefully for our weigh in tomorrow we took off what we gained last week celebrating his birthday. Well now I am going to be a good wife and rub some aloe vera that is chilling in the refrigerator on his burned feet. God BLess..will catch you tomorrow evening after work.
Old 07-16-2004, 09:36 PM   #71  

Hello everyone. Hubby and I had our weekly weigh in. We loss the 2 pounds we gained celebrating hubby's birthday, so we are back to square one, so next week we will have a better weigh in. So have a wonderful weekend, will catch you tomorrow night. God Bless.
Old 07-17-2004, 11:57 AM   #72  

Happy Saturday!!

Got no plans today except to clean the house, go shopping and relax! It feels good not having to feel rushed! House is almost in order and things are getting better at work. I got a raise yesterday and this morning I woke up missing a pound! Yes I call this a good day. Hope everyone is doing great.

Pray...congrats on the loss!
Old 07-18-2004, 01:34 PM   #73  

GOOD JOB PRAY AND TRIXI.....
We got a puppy on Friday night it a american eskie toy spitz. She is so cute.... I didn't exercise yesterday all we did was walk and took puppy to park today I'm gonna try to workout a lil more... Hope everyone has a wonderful day........
Old 07-19-2004, 08:55 PM   #74  

Hello Everyone.
Trixi-congratulations on the raise and the loss. You go girl!!
Scorchin-Life with a dog is really fun. Ours is spoiled rotten. She knows that she is our little girl and takes total advantage of her pop and me. She loves her maw maw to babysit her sometimes (my mom) because, we have a grown son, so we I guess we needed someone to be mom and dad to, so she has been with us going on 6 years, she sleeps with us and we just love her. We named her Precious Mary after the mother of Jesus, there are times I wonder at the wisdom of that when she is bad. So what are you going to name your puppy? Anyway have a blessed evening. God Bless.
Old 07-20-2004, 07:31 PM   #75  

Good Evening all....sorry I haven't posted all weekend after I posted on saturday I started to feel horrible...got a cold! Felt prety crappy until today. But now I am better, just a sore throat and tired but that's to be expected right? Lost another pound as of this morning so that's two for this challenge and hopefully I can keep it off. I have been eating really good the past couple of days and I have a "all girls" pre-wedding party this weekend and I bought a new dress...very bright and cheerful and after so many years of wearing black I am kind of leary about it but I am going to wear it anyway! I have lost a total of 32 pounds since the end of February and I want to start to feel like I look different and when I tried the dress on I finally did.

I would love to have a puppy but my cats would not be so thrilled they are my babies as well and they know it. I would actually feel sorry for the puppy if I got one. My cats rule and the "new arrival" woud not make them happy. Beside I like that they pretty much take care of themselves until they "need" loving and then it's their time.

I hope you are all having a good eveing. Got my chicken and broccolli cooking. My daughter has decided that she wants to spend half the summer with me and half with my sister. When she is here my nephew is as well so it works out that she has someone to spend the summer with (they are best friends) and I get a break once in awhile as well. I am thinking of even sending him to camp with her (his mom cannot afford it but I know he would love it).

Off to dinner....have a wonderful evening.

Dale