Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-31-2004, 01:00 AM   #1  

Default I feel like I should die.....

Yes, you may think the title is a bit dramtic but that is EXACTLY how I feel.
Some might remember me, im the 16 year old boy that posted before. I started at 188 lbs 5'7 107 days ago, yesterday I was 149...... Latley, I mean the last 2 months, I havn't been eating perfect ( chinese for dinner, sweety snacks, not candy, but still sweety ) and all, but I still maintained even loss a little weight. Recently, I got a job at my FAVORITE PLACE to eat, Quino's Sub. Ive worked a couple times before yesterday, and the last time I ate like crap ( 5 small sandchiches, honey mustard chicken, not the best ) but I still didnt gian that day. Yesterday, I went ballistic...... I thought I wouldn't gain so I ate..... and ate, and ate....... I had about the same AMOUNT of sandwhiches, every like 2 hours I had one ( 1 Small Tuna, 1 Small Honey Bacon Club, 1 Small Classic Italian, and for dinner I had a regular which is size of 2 smalls.....) That night I felt HORRIBLE AND BLOATED, I looked in mirror and my stomach was so much bigger....... I woke up this morning, looked on scale, and I am FIVE pounds heavier! I ate only like 1800 calories today ( normally its like 2500 ) and I still did my daily run:
5 Min warmup ( All the warm up and warm downs are mile or a little less pace)
20 Second 95% spring, 10 sec jogging rest, then repeat for 4 minutes.
10 Minute Warm down.

Now, before I go to bed, I present to you this case of the guilty kid =( Sorry for this LOONg essay but i just had to blow this steam, do you kind folks think Ill lose it again? I really feel like giving up, I HATE MYSELF!
koku69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 01:10 AM   #2  
Hittin' the Beach

S/C/G: 225/212/130

Height: 5'0"

It is impossible to gain that much weight in a day. It is just water weight and if you weight that same night after you weighed, the food is still in you. You will lose it again but you have to stop beating yourself up. You have lost a lot of weight in a very short time.

If you feel guilty all the time about little slips, it will lead to more binging. I have seen some of your posts on here and hate to make assumptions but it seems like you are taking this a bit far and are becomming obsessed with food and losing weight. While I am all for being healthy, I think you have to seperate a way of eating, with an all consuming need to be thinner.

You are still growing, you need your nutrients. You have to sit back and think of why you ate the way you did. Were you hungry? What do you eat per day that is 2500 calories? That is a good amount for you and if this is the case, I am glad you are doing it the healthy way. But the way you speak of yourself makes me think the calories may begin to go down. Because you are frustrated and as you said hate yourself.

You will lose it since it was water weight. But like i said please do not hate yourself over something like this. Maybe you can talk to a nutritionist or doctor about it?

Good luck with everything. You are worth a lot more than whatever your weight is. You ARE more than whatever your weight is.

Last edited by ozziesgirl; 05-31-2004 at 01:47 AM.
ozziesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 02:19 AM   #3  

Most of my calories come from dinner.
My daily habits are usually like this ( they change around all the time, but the HEALTHIEST day i would have is ) :
Breakfast:
Soy Protein Cereal w/ Skim Milk
Snack:
Fat Free Sugar Free Yogurt / Nutrition bar ( one or the other, mayb sometimes half of my lunch sandwhich if im hungry )
Lunch:
Sandwhich ( turkey, cheese, low fat myo ) + Apple
After School:
NuGo Bar ( Tasty nutrition bar with some sugar, I use it as a energy bar since I run 45 min ish after. )
45 min or so after I run I feel hungry ill eat cereal + some soy milk.
Dinner:
This is where all the cal come from, i usually eat chinese food with family since my dad is a family type of guy and he makes me eat it.........

Like I said my intake thruought the day is different for each day, but that is a normal weekday, weekends I indulge a lot since i go many places with family and my dad gets pissed at me for not eating with them ( he hates my diet thinks im losing too much)

Thanks for the reply, I feel a little better, but I still wish I would get that ripped body sooner and stop being a fatty.... ( BTW I just ordered this Pilates video thing, I hope it helps, also I joined a gym for summer.... =)
koku69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 07:34 AM   #4  
Ilene the Bean

Hi Koku

I have a 16 year old son too... So I'm speaking as a mom, but more of a fitness ethusiaste...

Here is my view on your daily menu...

In my HONEST opinion you are not eating enough nutritionaly dense foods... The foods you seem to be eating are processed, energy bars, chineese food and even the FF SF yogurt is not filling... Try eating as unprocessed as possible with MORE lean protein... A growing boy exercising needs more lean protein like turkey, tuna, salmon, lean red meats... A lone sandwich and an apple for lunch would not keep me energised very long either, is the bread you are eating at least a good dense whole wheat bread? Maybe if you don't diet but eat and think healthy your dad will understand better your new way of life... because you know it IS for LIFE... you cannot YO-YO in weight and be healthy... When I was your age I introduced steamed brocolli , cauliflower to my parents they had never heard of steaming at the time... I'm 47 now and they are 75 and still eat their healthy veggies and they are very very healthy for old folks... Sometimes we have to show our parents what we have learned for them to understand...

In regards to your eating sandwiches at work it could be that you are stressed and this leads you to eat, if you truly cannot control this, you should really consider finding a type of job that is away from the food industry... A sporting goods, a hardware store comes to mind and it would be much more in line with staying healthy and keeping you away from thinking of food all the time.

Now this is my 2 cents I hope this helps PM me if you want any time...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote