Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-13-2004, 09:00 PM   #16  
Tons of fun!!!!

Tara, hey don't be too mad at yourself, 1600 is still good. 1200-1300 is a dramatic change so going over is not that bad, don't beat your self up over it... you should still be proud of yourself, changing your whole way of eating is not an easy thing to do and believe me we all know that. I used to pretty much eat dinner and maybe a snack or two a day, but when I ate dinner I ATE dinner, and I thought in my head that it wasn't that many calories, but then I log onto fitday.com (it calculates your calories of EVERYTHING) and at just one meal I am sure it was way over 1600 calories. Its weird how aware you become of the calories in everything when you start paying attention to what you are putting into your mouth. Or checking the labels on everything (or am I the only one who does that???) This is the most challenging thing I have done in my life, and sometimes I might slip but I am gonna keep on pluggin away, and I am gonna do it right this time. I promised myself I would not be to hard on me, if I slip, after all I am doing better than I have ever done before. So BE NICE to yourself, you are doing great and anytime you feel bad or anthing just log on here and vent to us......thats what we are here for!!!! Jamie
hippiechic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 09:36 PM   #17  
Newlywed at 45!!!!

Jamie is right, with such a dramatic change you just can't be too hard on yourself...as you go you will need less and less to maintain, so you won't get as hungry,
On my plan i can have 2 free meals a week, and the Dr. explained that I actually am doing my weight loss a favor because I am sending it the message that i am not starving myself and it doesn't HAVE to hold on to fat. I don't get too crazy....PIZZA AND WINE...
Your body as it loses will go into"starvation mode", you will experience that when you hit plateu's... thats when instead of eating less you actually need to up the calories a bit, eat a little fat or up your calories, this releases the message "it's not a famine, we can start losing again".
This is why I eat 6 times a day, I am burning fuel all day, my body doesn't think it's starving and as long as I don't go over the fat grams I'm alloted, and I'm active, it burns.

This is new to your bod and the changes are tremendous, hang in there and what you want and what your getting will catch up with each other.

Jamie..I laughed when I read about the label reading...Larry brings a book now when we go to the store...I'm in there awhile, reading away... he sits in the car and reads...and is patient, he wants this for me almost as much as i do.
Your right about those pesky calories...they can hide so well and sneak right up on you,
I got a copy of that "fat counter' book and its helping me with my grocery list.

Hang in there chicks we will all find our way..
Diane
ralphmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 09:52 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 185/185/145

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the links, and vitamin c info gals. And what's with Krispy Kreme's? I came from Southern California, and they only started putting KK stores in within the last couple of years, and they are so popular, but I really think their donuts suck! NO offense to anybody, but I really don't like them at all, and they seem like such a big waste of calories to me! I have not yet had a KK donut that I was glad I ate. Maybe I'm just a weirdo, I don't know. You know what has become a temptation for me though? Dairy Queen. If I just got a soft serve cone, even chocolate dipped, it wouldn't be so bad, but the cherry cheesecake blizzard could easily become a problem...lol Good thing I have to go out to get it, and hubby takes the car to work with him! lol

Looks like everybody had a great day, even you, who thinks you ate too much! I am looking forward to checking out fitday.com, I have never heard of it, even though I've tried to find something like it before. I can't wait to check it out! Looks like a great tool.

I got a short little walk in tonight, between Thundershowers. I didn't want to get caught in the rain, let alone an electrical storm with the baby, but we got in a little walk, and I worked a hill into it, so I feel good about it, especially since I didn't really feel like doing it. We got in about 1 1/4-1/2 miles, better than nothing.

Have a great night ladies! Looking forward to another great day tomorrow.

Lisa
favepairobluejeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 10:19 PM   #19  
Newlywed at 45!!!!

I won't go into it...BUT when that neon sign comes on I'm the one melting.

You KK fans KNOW what I'm talkin' 'bout!!!!

But Lisa...right you are they are wasted calories...BUT WHAT A WASTE.

Old fans will remember when all the ingredients weren't fake, ok enough said....lol

thats great on your walk...and a hill too!!???
YOU GO GIRRRRRLLLLL!!
Old 05-13-2004, 10:45 PM   #20  
Tons of fun!!!!

I know your stomach shrinks when you are dieting.....right? So when I wasnt on a diet I must have been stretching the poor organ way out of shape. The reason I am saying this, is the past two nights when I eat dinner (which is maybe 1/3 or 1/2 of the amount of food I used to eat) My tummy hurts....is this normal? Maybe I should eat slower or something, I dont feel very good...hmmmmm. Well I dont know....Maybe I should eat an even smaller amount, cuz my breakfasts and lunches are pretty small?? advice????? thanx, Jamie
Old 05-13-2004, 11:44 PM   #21  
Newlywed at 45!!!!

What has changed in your food choices???
Are you eating more gas producing foods for dinner??
Cabbage?? More raw veggies??
More dairy??
Beans??

I went through the same thing when I started eating alot more grains and beans, but it has calmed down.

Are you ....Going you know where, regularly??
All these changes can take some getting used to.

I like to write down my menu for the day in the morning or night before, this helps if I have a problem I can go back and check.
It also helps keep me on track, I check my list before meals and snacks, I eat whats on there and thats it, it keeps me from making bad choices when I'm in the middle of being hungry.

Hope you feel better,
Diane
Old 05-14-2004, 12:02 AM   #22  
Tons of fun!!!!

No, I haven't eaten anything too different no cabbage, no beans, same amount of dairy and not too many raw vegies (I usually steam them). Everything is regular in all other departments .... I guess I will try to keep track of everything and see how it goes.....thanx
Old 05-14-2004, 01:24 AM   #23  
Tons of fun!!!!

Well, it went away after about an hour or so. I keep a running journal of everythin I eat on fitday. I didnt get to eat as many times today (I was bad and skipped lunch and a snack) so maybe that was it. Oh well whatever it was passed and I feel much better now. talk to you all in th A.M. Jamie
Old 05-14-2004, 07:42 AM   #24  
Newlywed at 45!!!!

I eat way too fast, I have to actually think about chewing my food s.l.o.w.l.y...
Last weekend we had pizza and I was done with my 2 before Larry was started on his second piece.

This also creates painful gas pains for me sometimes.
I will try to eat slower. and chew every bite well.

Its just always been how I ate, and I know that can lead to overeating, my minds not getting the message I'm full until I've packed away too much.

Well. its the weekend again...hope everyone has a nice lean one.
Larry will be home today so I may not be around too much, got some projects to work on.
Diane
Old 05-14-2004, 08:35 AM   #25  
Cheryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by favepairobluejeans
Thanks for the links, and vitamin c info gals. And what's with Krispy Kreme's? I came from Southern California, and they only started putting KK stores in within the last couple of years, and they are so popular, but I really think their donuts suck! NO offense to anybody, but I really don't like them at all, and they seem like such a big waste of calories to me! I have not yet had a KK donut that I was glad I ate. Maybe I'm just a weirdo, I don't know. You know what has become a temptation for me though? Dairy Queen. If I just got a soft serve cone, even chocolate dipped, it wouldn't be so bad, but the cherry cheesecake blizzard could easily become a problem...lol Good thing I have to go out to get it, and hubby takes the car to work with him! lolLisa
Hey, I'm there with you! KKs aren't all that great to me... And I love donuts. But the DQ, there ya go. We don't have a DQ in Xenia, just a Dairy King. (It's the same as a DQ, they just let the franchise slip away. Instead of Blizzards, we have Tornadoes... Diane, you probably understand the joke in that!) And I haven't met a Blizzard I didn't like.

Just checking in here, ladies. Guess what? When I woke up this morning, I didn't have a headache! I guess the cold front finally came through. Doesn't matter... I'm just glad it's gone.

I have a snack suggestion: sugar snap peas! Not peas like the little round thingies (that are really a starch). These look like fat green beans. I buy a lot of these. I was checking the label, and a cup and a half are only 35 calories, 0 fat, and <10 carbs. I eat them raw, right out of the bag. (Check, most say they've been washed and are ready to eat.) They crunch like potato chips and are slightly sweet. And they fill you up!

Well, better get back to work... Everyone have a GREAT day!
Gilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 08:40 AM   #26  
Cheryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiechic
Well, it went away after about an hour or so. I keep a running journal of everythin I eat on fitday. I didnt get to eat as many times today (I was bad and skipped lunch and a snack) so maybe that was it. Oh well whatever it was passed and I feel much better now. talk to you all in th A.M. Jamie
Hey, Jamie... Does it hurt before you eat? A dull pain? If so, that's your tummy telling you it wants food. I had that one time I was on a strict diet (won't go into it now, but it was the worse thing I ever did for myself). My tummy would hurt around lunch time, and I ended up skipping lunch. One day I ate anyway, and the ache went away.

If that is the same as what you've got, try eating a small snack a little earlier. If not, and the symptoms persist, get it checked out. I'm a big believer that unexplained pain needs to be investigated!
Old 05-14-2004, 09:11 AM   #27  

Default KK's

Good morning!
KK is about 1/4 mile from my house, I have to see it everytime I go to the grocery store and I think they intentionally pump out KK smell into the air..it smells so great. But, i think they are like a drug. If I don't go over there I don't really want them THAT bad, but if I go, I will have to eat about a half dozen hot ones! We had a Dunkin' Donuts in town a few years ago but they closed down. ENOUGH ABOUT KK'S

I have been on my diet just since Monday, I have lost 5.5 lbs, I have not cheated and, so far, my husband has been pretty supportive. He went to the grocery store and bought things that I can eat and he is eating the dinners with me, although he doesnt have a weight problem. He will be supportive until I have a binge.

Start 195.5
Today 190
Goal 165
NancyDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 09:35 AM   #28  

Good morning!

For breakfast this morning I ate a half pint of blackberries mixed with a full container (6oz.) of Dannon (yes, Dannon!) vanilla yogurt.

I feel much better now, that empty feeling has gone and I can think more easily. I think I'll have a couple of pieces of wheat toast. Yes.

Note to self: leave the 1/2 teaspoon of brown sugar out of your latte. You don't really like it and it isn't doing you any good.

Self: Okay.

Oh, and I've seem to have lost a full inch around my hips. Have no idea where it's got to, and I'm sure not going looking for it! Have not weighed Self for some time as the scale is tucked away in a place not easily reached. (How'd it get there?? )

Hope everybody has a good day today!
QuinnLaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 12:30 PM   #29  

Default KK and other addictions:

Hi girls - I've been lurking around for awhile, not quite matching up with a buddy etc - and found this thread, and you guys crack me up!! I am 32, with alot of tonnage to lose (60 before I get pregnant again, and 100 total) but off to a pretty good start (joined Curves, 1400 cal, getting rid of bad carbs etc). Now for the important issues:
KK - They are not great at the grocery stores, but they are delicious sin on a plate fresh from the KK store when "the light is on" - it has been sooooo long...
Now to my real addiction: Starbucks. (and I mean the mochas, not the teas!) Even when you go "no fat no whip" those suckers are the calorie equivilant of a nutritionless meal! I have not seen my dealer (my Starbucks) in 6 weeks, and dare not go in b/c if I open the floodgates, I may never control myself again...what I would do for a tall frappuccino!

Anyway, thanks for the humor - I can't shed this tonnage w/o some good laughs!
Pkwolfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 12:57 PM   #30  
Cheryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pkwolfie
Hi girls - I've been lurking around for awhile, not quite matching up with a buddy etc - and found this thread, and you guys crack me up!! I am 32, with alot of tonnage to lose (60 before I get pregnant again, and 100 total) but off to a pretty good start (joined Curves, 1400 cal, getting rid of bad carbs etc). Now for the important issues:
KK - They are not great at the grocery stores, but they are delicious sin on a plate fresh from the KK store when "the light is on" - it has been sooooo long...
Now to my real addiction: Starbucks. (and I mean the mochas, not the teas!) Even when you go "no fat no whip" those suckers are the calorie equivilant of a nutritionless meal! I have not seen my dealer (my Starbucks) in 6 weeks, and dare not go in b/c if I open the floodgates, I may never control myself again...what I would do for a tall frappuccino!

Anyway, thanks for the humor - I can't shed this tonnage w/o some good laughs!
Now, that's my goal in the next 2 weeks: get back to Curves. Joined last July... loved it! Went as scheduled until November. Work interfered, and I got sick in December... the lovely flu that turned into a sinus infection that turned into an ear infection (I haven't had an ear infection since I was 12!). When I finally felt better (about mid-January), the project from **** showed up at work. That is easing off now... so I really, really want to get back.

I didn't so much notice weight coming off because of Curves, just inches... And I felt great!

Definitely a recommend from me!