Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-06-2004, 09:00 PM   #1  
Newlywed at 45!!!!

Talking April Chicks...#2...

Starting a new week, if you had a bad one last week, pick yourself up and brush yourself off,learn from your mistakes and start over.

HC.. thats great on the loss,no one has to post their weight if their not ok with that, but one day you will be.....

I am wore out, Larry will be home tomorrow and I have busted my butt this week on this house, when he left we had just finished putting in a new ceiling in the bedroom, ripping out paneling and putting up drywall in there too.

So I was left with the painting and the clean-up.

When we finished it was like a tornado had been thru here....ahhhh exercise..
ralphmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 10:13 PM   #2  
one day at a time

Height: 5'2"

just wanted to check in and say hi....i had a long day...and now ive got to get my place clean and get a shopping list ready for tomorrow after work.....got a party of my little neices to go to on saturday...shes 1 today!!...so cute....u all take care...and if i dont check in soon i will on sunday.....have a great friday!!
aprillpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 10:20 PM   #3  
Newlywed at 45!!!!

Have a great time April and watch out for that bday cake!!!!
Old 05-06-2004, 11:00 PM   #4  
Tons of fun!!!!

Default just curious.....

Does anyone know anything about weight watchers, like how many points you should be eating a day to lose weight, or anything like that??? I was thinking maybe that would be easier to track daily instead of logging everything and adding up the calories..... if you have any advise or anything , get back to me......thanks girlies!!!!
hippiechic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 12:07 AM   #5  

just a quick note to let everyone that i was down 2 1/4 more ....so now i have hit 1/3 of the way to goal. GO ME!!
bearzy2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 01:48 AM   #6  
my dad made me1 from wood

Talking

GOOD JOB BEARZY AND JAMIE ON UR WEIGHT LOSS.....
hehe don't eat all that b-day cake now april jp with ya....
hippie don't know anything bout weight watchers...
I had a good day today i exercise and ate great
Still got that question anyone else notice cellulite since they been working out>????
Take care all much love,
Heather
scorchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 08:31 AM   #7  
Newlywed at 45!!!!

Sorry heather, i meant to say something about that...could be your just not as puffy,theres a layer of fat just under your skin that swells when your retaining water,and maybe as that disappears by you hydrating yourself better with water, your not retaing as much now....seems when you first start getting real serious about combining a better way of eating with exercise ALOT of body changes go into effect, some we can see others we can feel some we don't see for awhile even though they are going on.
I know that since our water challenge, which ended yesterday, (hope everyone at LEAST doubled their intake) my ankles have not been swelling like they had been, especially after all day on my feet.

HC-I just saw somewhere that WW has come out with a new book that has their whole program mapped out in it..how to figure how many points (most people don't go over 25 to start)you are allowed. There is also WW magazine I check out from my library,good tips in there.
I am not on WW per say BUT I certainly have used some of their recipes and they give counts for cal. fat, fiber etc. so if it fits into my plan and sounds good I try it.
I also like some of their frozen desserts once in awhile.

I have invited a couple of newbies to join us...they posted and seemed really lost,I wonder where FM is????
I will e-mail her tonight and see how she's doing.

Well chicks,lets drink our water and work our plans,talk to ya later,
Diane
Old 05-07-2004, 09:42 PM   #8  
Tons of fun!!!!

Thanks, diane for the info, how did I know you would be the one with the answer??? You are just too good!!! what would us April chicks do without you??? well I hope everyone has a nice night, talk to you all soon!!!
hippiechic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 11:28 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 185/185/145

Height: 5'4"

Here you are! I have lost you all week, couldn't find you all. Is there a way to bookmark the group, or have messages go to inbox or anything? I'm down two lbs this week! YEAH! The funny thing is, I've had at least 2 chocolate chip cookies everyday....hmmm, maybe its magical happy chocolate, lol. I think the difference has been the increase in water, and the decrease of general intake. Anyways, its been a great week, weather has been funky, so not too much exercise, need to get back on that!

Good job to everyone who experienced success this week! Keep up the good work!

Lisa
favepairobluejeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 11:31 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 185/185/145

Height: 5'4"

can I just say, Duuuuuh. I found the subscription tab, now I can keep up!
favepairobluejeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 02:33 AM   #11  
my dad made me1 from wood

Thank diane!
Congrats Fave on the weight loss u know what i haven't subscribed either lol.......
scorchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 08:09 AM   #12  

i just add the forms that i am on to my favorites list. keep up the good work everyone.

Talk to you LIGHTER!!!
Peg
bearzy2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 12:11 PM   #13  
Newlywed at 45!!!!

Hi Chicks,
Just checking in...Larry keeps me busy on the weekends...
Will be back tomorrow.

LISA...congrats on those 2 lbs, and being able to fit a treat into your plan, I think thats what makes it easier..finding combinations of things that work and not having to give up the things we really enjoy, a little bite of something really can go a long way.
And most times thats all we need, a little bit so we don't feel totally deprived.
If you can have a little of something and not feel guilty that helps too.
I have had a problem in the past kind of rebelling against myself when I insisted on depriving myself of something I really wanted, sabatoge can be a tricky thing.
You're finding a way and thats great.

Diane
Old 05-09-2004, 02:47 PM   #14  

Default Dham Road trip!

Hey Girls! Well Done! On our Losses!

HC- I know all there is to know about the weight watchers program what all would you like to know? I would be happy to answer any questions you may have, the points all depend on your weight. And you must also spend a certian amount on milk products etc....

Wow i had a busy weekend, i went on a road trip with two friends of mine. And well kinda gave in yesterday and ate and a veggie burger, fries, ice cream. At Mc Donalds. the stupid thing is i don't even like McDonalds, let alone eating that much!..... Grrrrrr, but today i am going back on the points system... it should go well!
Britt_Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 07:17 PM   #15  
Newlywed at 45!!!!

Britt..you could have done worse!!!!
Congrats on getting back up and not letting it get way out of hand.

I had a question about those points...what exactly is a "point" based on???
Like if something has a certain amount of calories does that determine how many points it gets??
Do fat grams play a part in figuring it up??