Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-23-2004, 07:06 PM   #1  

Cool Anyone done or ON weight watchers?

I just started today, and have some questions.

I have things that I like to eat a lot of, and are 0 pts. Does that mean I can eat as much of it as I want cuz it's 0? and what if I eat the 0pt foods all day, is that still considered starvation, even though I ate all day, just because I didn't get in 24 pts?

another thing is, how do the exercise pts work?

another. How in the world do you use your points? seems like today it was kindof hard to manage. after breakfast, I thought it would be easy, cuz that was only 4 pts, but OMG they add up quick.

what about flex points? How do you use those? and does anyone know if you dont use them, do you lose weight a LOT quicker, or what? cuz I want free days

thanks in advance,
amy
pigapotamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 04:53 PM   #2  

Have you no WW materials? The only truly zero point foods are veggies. You can't really just eat them. You must eat your points and WW does give guidelines are how to spend them - so many for protein, so many for starch, so many for dairy so that you get a healthy balanced diet. This is not a quick loss plan but a lifestyle change.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 10:00 PM   #3  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

I believe WW is holding there open house soon and you are able to go and check it out for free if I am not mistaken. Please correct me if I am wrong
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 10:55 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Are you talking about veggies as the zero point food you like to eat all the time? Or are you talking about other foods that, when calculated per serving, look like they're zero points on the Pointsfinder? If it's the latter, you can't eat more than one serving and count it as zero. For example, if you look at Trader Joe's eggplant hummus, one tablespoon (maybe two, don't remember) comes out as zero points on the Pointsfinder. But if you eat one tablespoon two times during the day, then you'd have to count it as 1 or 2 points. I eat these great ricotta cheese blintzes that are one point per blintz. However, if you eat two, it's three points. And if I eat one in the morning and one in the evening, I count three points. And as Susan says, you need to get other food groups besides veggies in daily. You need to eat at your target point range every day, although if you can't some days, you need to at least eat 20 points. Eating lower than your target will actually stall your weight loss.

Regarding activity points and flex points, you can use them or not. If you are exercising daily, I urge you to use one or the other or both. Eating smaller, more frequent meals throughout the day will boost your metabolism. When I thought I'd boost my weight loss by eating less and not using any activity or flexpoints, I actually started losing only .5 lbs. or less per week. I began using the activity and flexpoints and got a much better result. So, in my experience, you do not lose quicker if you don't use the flexpoints.

I usually use one or two flexpoints per day throughout the week, no activity points, and then I use quite a few flexpoints on Friday if we're going out. Their "your" points and you can use them however you like as long as you don't go over 35 per week.

I'm with Susan when she says that it's a lifestyle change. Weight Watchers isn't a quick fix, and if you go into it intending to just lose weight and go back to your old way of eating once you've lost weight, you will not succeed. You may lose the weight, but you won't maintain your weight loss. So, my suggestion is to find out how the points system best works for you and look upon it as the way you'll be eating for the rest of your life. I feel like I can eat anything I want as long as I count the points because I don't want to deprive myself of the stuff I enjoy.

Good luck!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote