Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

View Poll Results: Is your self esteem most affected by
Not sticking to your plan 5 83.33%
Not reaching your goal 1 16.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-02-2004, 08:40 PM   #1  

Default Self esteem issues

Hi All,

I"ve noticed something about losing and keeping weight off. My self esteem is not so much tied to my achieveing the goal. But is tied on a more day to day basis by how well I stick to "the" plan.

It seems every hiccup along the way with missed exercise or innaproprate foods (I am hyperinsulanaemic or is that hypo? I always get those mixed up. Anyway make too much insulin.) can set off negative thoughts and self defeating talk.

Although it feels great when I do reach my goal as soon as I break the maintenance routine once again I get on a spiral of low self esteem. Not so much about my weight or how I look but because I didn't stick to "the " plan!

So I've created a poll as I'm interested about what others feel on their weight loss journey.

If you feel your self esteem is tied to your efforts please take the poll.

Cheers
Andy
AndyI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 10:16 AM   #2  
Old Cackler

hmmm. several people have checked in, but no one has commented!!!

interesting poll, andy. and i'm not sure i agree with the premise from the start. if my self esteem were actually tied to my efforts in weight loss, i'd miss out on a whole lot of interesting life!!!! i'm not perfect. and if i let a slip ruin my day, i'd have real trouble picking myself up and moving on in any aspect of my life.

but, when i do my best, and actually see results, then i feel good. but i also feel good when i accomplish a project at work, or learn something new, or have any number of other experiences.

we ARE more than our weight. we have to be.
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote