Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-01-2004, 01:03 PM   #1  
solitas...lacuna

Default I want to be normal...

OK, I've posted my newbie greeting thread, this is the one where I'm going to whine...

I want to be normal again! I want to be able to walk into ordinary clothing stores and find cute things to wear. I want to be able to fit in booths at restaurants. I want to be able to ride the rides at amusement parks. I want to be able to climb a tree. I want to be able to sit down anywhere without worrying that what-ever it is might break. I want to stop getting bruises and cuts because I can't adjust for the enlarged dimensions of my shape. I want to see my feet without bending over. I want to be able to put shoes on without getting out of breath. I want to cross my legs, all the way. I want to be able to accept the jewelery people buy me, unconcerned that it's too small. I want to fit comfortably in theater seats. I want to walk without pain in my knees, my ankles, my feet. I want to sleep on my back and not feel suffocated. I want my boobs to weigh less than my cats. I want to be free of constant back pain. I want to stop hearing myself gasp and groan every time I take the stairs.

I want I want I want!

I don't want to be morbidly obese anymore.

I want to be me again!
The Lumpy Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 01:40 PM   #2  

amen, sister and if you have come to this place you are in the right place. i want the same things and am doing something about it. i am on my way to normality and undoubtedly you are also.
chequitagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 01:50 PM   #3  

Go fot it! Just put in the work and you'll get there. Just remember, you have to WANT to be slim more than you WANT to overeat or be a couch potato. Just keep that attitude up for the long haul...
SeekInnerThinChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 07:00 PM   #4  

I totally understand how you feel. I feel the same way, and here it is, another summer......another FAT summer! No matter how many times I promiss myself next year will be the one, here is another summer to prove Im full of s***. Do I dare try to cheer myself up and say...next summer, Ill be thin then.

I do know its doable, I have seen others make it over to the other side, the thin side, they give me hope, let them give you hope as well.
BabySteps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 10:19 AM   #5  
Old Cackler

you go, girl!!!!!! post often. read everything you can. take it one day at a time..
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 10:23 AM   #6  
comeback member

Lumpy shadow,

You can substitute 'I want' for 'I will'.

You can do it, we are all here for you!! The support here is awesome! Post often!

Sacha
bella sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 08:53 PM   #7  

Print out those "I Wants" and I agree with Sacha, put a bunch of I WILLS and How Im going to go its under that and print it out. Put it on your fridge. Put a copay attached to the bottom of your tv. Put it on your bathroom mirror. Look for tips from others from these posts. Keep the online diary showing what you are doing every day and your feelings about the fact that you did something today. Its kinda like AA. Admitting there is a problem is the first step. ;-)
TaraJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 05:00 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lumpy Shadow
OK, I've posted my newbie greeting thread, this is the one where I'm going to whine...

I want to be normal again! I want to be able to walk into ordinary clothing stores and find cute things to wear. I want to be able to fit in booths at restaurants. I want to be able to ride the rides at amusement parks. I want to be able to climb a tree. I want to be able to sit down anywhere without worrying that what-ever it is might break. I want to stop getting bruises and cuts because I can't adjust for the enlarged dimensions of my shape. I want to see my feet without bending over. I want to be able to put shoes on without getting out of breath. I want to cross my legs, all the way. I want to be able to accept the jewelery people buy me, unconcerned that it's too small. I want to fit comfortably in theater seats. I want to walk without pain in my knees, my ankles, my feet. I want to sleep on my back and not feel suffocated. I want my boobs to weigh less than my cats. I want to be free of constant back pain. I want to stop hearing myself gasp and groan every time I take the stairs.

I want I want I want!

I don't want to be morbidly obese anymore.

I want to be me again!
hey sweety there are so many of us who have never said all the things you have just said good job i am very large and have all the problems you have just stated i am just hoping my hubby doesn't notice how big i am keep coming back shrimpy
jumbo shrimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 11:25 AM   #9  
Legend in my own mind

What is normal? I ask because I think that is where you need to start.
Forget thinking you are not normal and there is something wrong with you.
you can see other people who are different, but there are also lots of people just like you.
You are normal, a human, with problems, just like everyone. figure out what you would like to improve about yourself and work on that, but don't be all putting yourself down in the mean time. That is the trap.
Partytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 11:32 AM   #10  

Obese people have totally scewed thinking most of the time and you need to reprogram your brain. You are NOT abnormal because you don't fit into some stupid category that is deemed normal. What you need to do is sit down and work on your brain and how you are processing all of this.

YOU CAN:

GO INTO TARGET AND BUY CLOTHING
FIT INTO AIRLINE SEATS
GO TO AMUSEMENT PARKS
FIT INTO THEATER SEATS
AND I COULD GO ON AND ON

THE QUESTION IS, ARE YOU WILLING TO WORK TO GET THERE? IT TAKES WORK, HARD WORK, BUT TAKE IT FROM SOMEONE WHO DEFINITELY KNOWS, YOU CAN DO THIS AT ANY SIZE AS I AM DOING IT. PLEASE CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE TO GIVE YOU SOME ENCOURAGEMENT TO GO FORWARD WITH THIS!

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 10:01 PM   #11  

Lumpy Shadow,

I didn't read someone whining! I read someone with aspirations! Which is awesome! Now make it happen! You can do it! You have the want and the will.

Be Good To Yourself!
MQ
MotivatedQueen is offline   Reply With Quote