Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-12-2004, 09:35 AM   #136  

Good morning all and happy Friday!!!!!! I am hoping today will be a good day.

Water Nymph it doesn't sould like too much to me. But than I would be happy if it was 10 pounds a week!!!! I am sure as long as your feeling fine than that's all the should matter. They say that people who lose too fast tend to put it back on. But I think as long you know that this eating healthy and exercisingprogram is a lifetime committment then you won't gain it back. Keep up the great work!!!!!

Welcome Jedi!!!!!!!!! Congratulations on the baby. I love babies lots and lots. My daughter is 10 and I miss her as a baby but she still pretty darn cute.

I am at work and its really busy for a Friday. I will post more later or tomorrow since I think I am going out tonight.

Bye all!!!!

Dale
Trixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 10:25 AM   #137  

Good morning all. I am back and wanted to check in. It looks like you low carb folks are definately losing at a faster rate than me. I am on a low calorie diet and am definately losing, but clearly not as fast....I guess that is to be expected. I did Atkins two years ago and lost 15 pounds quickly, but just could not stick with it. So now I just try to watch that I don't eat too much bread and refined sugar. I guess this is the price I have to pay if I want to eat my bread.

Hula, I hope you have a wonderful vacation. To all the losers, congratulations! I hope next week I have more than a pound to report.

It is 89 degrees here in Phoenix today, so I will probably do some outside gardening late this afternoon/early evening after work. I have my session with my trainer this morning. I have been gone since Monday night and feel sluggish, so hopefully this will be a good pick me up.

My relatives are coming in tomorrow for the weekend, so I will have to be extra careful with my eating.

Well everyone, have a great Friday and I will check back in soon.

Hugs and purrrrs,
Kitty

Last edited by AZKitty; 03-12-2004 at 10:28 AM.
AZKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 10:31 AM   #138  

Smile Happy Friday and Welcome Jedi!

Welcome Jedi, you will like it here. Is this your first kiddo? You are doing the right thing by starting your program now as when the baby starts walking you will need so much energy to chase him (or her). I'm sure you know that but it is soo true. I think 1.5 pounds is workable! They say keep safe weight loss is between 1-2 pounds so you're right there in the middle. Be sure to read post #39 so you will know how to award yourself for pounds loss here at the FDC!

Dena-No worries at all! I didn't even see your posting and had to go back and look at it. I'm not the type to get upset over stuff like that plus all you FDC's have equal ownership and accountability in this challenge. I just typed the first thread and am grateful to have such great people join me! I will probably keep my Sunday weigh day since I started exactly on Sunday and the challenge ends on a Sunday (sorry if I sound anal) I would have like to have had a Friday start instead but oh well. Hey, did you see those Mrs. Mays Almond Crunch thingy's at Costco? They are probably near the
nuts and candies. They're pretty good, and low carb! I know I sound like a low-carb product FREAK!

Trixi-I had to giggle at the thought of you arguing with the Subway person. You're funny! I can totally relate - it's like if I order a diet coke and it tastes "good" then I keep tasting it to make sure it is "diet" then I ask the person if they're sure it is "diet". And then I ask my husband to taste it. haha. So, I'm sure the net effect of your wrap was still around 12 grams so you're probably okay.

Water-I think if you feel great and haven't injured yourself working out
then your weight loss pace is fine. It doesn't sound like too much since
the recommended is 1-2 pounds per week! I guess just listen to your
body. Congrats on 18.50 pounds, that's wonderful!

Well, a sensible day to all. I weigh in Sunday and this week I'm already feeling I had too many visits from the "carbo-witch" this week (mainly due
to my TOM) so I'm hoping I did okay. My ketosis went from "large" amounts to "small"/"trace" this week so my 3 week goal is to bring it back down. Okay, I'm just thinking out loud. Cheers!

"Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go."
~William Feather
Hula-Baloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 10:33 AM   #139  
Keep up the PMA!!

Hey guys!

I haven't posted again in a few - but have been trying to find the time too!

Congrats to all the many sucesses each of you have had this week! Sounds like everyone is staying on track pretty much!

As for me:

Monday - was a bad day, just felt kinda blah. My puppy was sick and spent the evening at the vet with him so I didn't get my workout in - that made me feel even more blah!

Tuesday - was much better than monday! I made my exercise goal and finally hit 4 and half miles on the eliptoglide machine! That in itself would have made my day - but I weighed myself as well and was down to 221 - not a huge difference but a difference nonetheless.

Wednesday - was another good workout day - I hit 4.52 miles and that .02 more feels like ALOT - so I was pretty happy. My workouts are my major motivation and I always feel like superwoman after finishing a good one!

Thursday - I made it to 4.55 miles - so I'm thinking of upping my level once and seeing how it goes I also started a 30min Ab blaster workout that my gym offers - talk about feeling your abs! I splurged a little on dinner when I went out with my husband - but I didnt really feel bad about it. I figure as long as I'm eating healthy and a lifestyle that I can keep - the weight will come off slowly and it will all work out!

Friday - today! I'm just having morning coffee still - and working on my philosophy paper. I'll hit the gym later this afternoon with my sister - who is an awesome workout buddy. I plan on making up missing monday with a workout on Sat - so that way I'll still get 5 days in this week of working out.

This weekend wont be too busy - we plan on taking the dogs to the park - never enough time to just chill with them it seems Also my puppy graduates puppy obedience class on Sunday! yay So that will be fun - other than that - it's homework and studying.

I hope each of you has a wonderful weekend - remember to smile and hang in there! We will suceed!

~D~
Dianna77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 10:59 AM   #140  

Good Morning everyone! I’m feeling great today. For some reason the morning after I work out I always feel extra good. It’s a great incentive to work out again, knowing it just makes me feel so good. Wow! Who would have ever thought that I’d be happy about working out? I’ve always been the person who HATED the thought of working out!

Welcome Jedi! Its great to have another person join the group.

Trixi – I too would be happy, no make that ecstatic, if I lost 10#’s a week! I would actually love it if I could lose at least 3#’s a week but I realize that is probably just not possible.

AZKitty – I can’t do the low carb thing either I am addicted to carbs and wouldn’t know what to eat through-out the day without carbs. Although, I do need to start eating more protein. I tend to do a lot of veggies and fruit.

Hula – I’m sure you did better then you think and the scale will show you. Have a great time in NY this week!

Deanna77 – Wow! Great job on all the work outs! Do you work out with your sister every night? I have a work out buddy for Curves but I go to the regular gym by myself. I prefer going to the gym with someone but haven’t been able to convince any of my friends to go to the gym with me.

Leigh
Water Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 12:57 PM   #141  

Default New low carb goodie discovery...

I've been on every low calorie diet worth trying on and off for the last 20 odd years or so. I will tell you that this carb watching is REALLY awesome!! All it takes is the ability to find good tasting food that you WANT to eat! I haven't missed sandwiches or subs, because the low carb Pitas are AWESOME!! Last night we had hamburgers for supper in the pitas, stuffed with all the usual trimmings you would put on a burger, and a side of peppers and onion. Today for lunch I had a pita Pizza. Supper will be a shrimp stir fry with a salad on the side.

I will admit, I am getting tired of eggs, and on days I'm not working, I opt not to eat breakfast early in the morning, rather just have my coffee and wait until a bit later to eat. When I was at Walmart yesterday, I found a box of Cereal bars that only have 4gr of effective carbs...after the S'more's incident,I was leary of trying them, but guess what? They're pretty darn good!!! I"m back to WalMart tonight to get some more!!

They are made by a company called CarboRITE, and for $3.85 you get 5 bars. Available in Cinnamon (yum by the way..), strawberry and blueberry, which I am going after tonight.

I am tickled to death to see all the reward Icons popping up!! This is SO COOL!!!

Jedi, welcome to the 'group'. I'm happy you are here! Stick with us, and you will reach your goals!
Lissandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 01:12 PM   #142  
motivational guru wannabe

S/C/G: 205/205/185 by spring

Height: 5'4"

Hey gals! Sounds like every one is in a really positive mood. Several ups with a few downs thrown in isn't too bad.

I don't know how bad I was for lunch. I had one of the low carb thickburger at Hardees. Was in a rush, and thought that might work. It tasted wonderful, although it was a real bugger to eat. I wore one of the tomatoes before it was over!

Gotta get some excercising in today. I took the day off because my kiddo was off school. Then she opted to go to her Maw-Maw's to spend time with her cousins this morning. I am trying to put some of the remodeling stuff away, as I am tired of looking at the mess. Getting closer to having this project done!

I'd love to comment to everyone, but don't have time right now. Will stop in later!
boatingmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 01:35 PM   #143  

Haven't got but a minute - will come back and read and post more later
But for my first weigh in I lost 6 pounds!!!!!
I know the first week I will loose the most, but I am pumped!!

Later,
DeenieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 02:38 PM   #144  
Jedi

Wow, thanks for all the great welcoming from everyone! I'm glad I finally found a place where everyone is having the same troubles I am.

Trixi - I hope you have fun going out tonight!

Kitty - Sometimes family can be the worst medicine for weight loss goals. Every time I am around them I tend to go back to my "comfort zone" eating. It may sound horrible but every time I know my mother is coming over I make sure to have a very large bag of baby carrots on hand so that when I start my automatic hand-to-mouth snacking atleast it is on something good. Plus if she wants to go out to eat I'm not nearly as hungry when I get there.

Dianna - You TOTALLY should feel like superwoman after every workout! If you feel that great it makes it easier to do it again and again and....
Keep that motivation- it will inspire us all.

This is actually my second child. I also have a 5 year old boy who definately has WAY more energy than I can keep up with. Escpecially when the baby keeps me up all night. I also have two step daughters. A 15 year old who lives with us (oh my) and a 12 year old who lives about 5 hours away who comes up for spring break, christmas, whole summer vacation, etc. So I certainly have my hands full of children. Which is another reason I'd like to take off some weight. More energy and a better self image so I can set a good example. Last thing I would want to do is make them self concious of what they look like (society will do that enough).

I had my very first Curves workout last night and fell in love with it. Talk about being pumped up after. Or rather - feeling like superwoman! I can't wait to go again tonight. A few people have also recomended TOPS. Does anyone have any comments or opinions I should know about before going? I am very nervous. My first "trial" meeting with them is this wednesday. If it works out then this will be my weigh in day because I make it a point to not have a scale in my house. Otherwise I am on it every hour or after I eat ANYTHING! Not a very healthy relationship with an inatimate object.

Anyway, thanks again for the welcome. Everyone keep up the good work and hopefully your success will rub off on me as well.
Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 03:38 PM   #145  

S/C/G: 177/134/132

Height: 5'5

Happy Friday, Everyone!!!

Just a quick note, since hubby is home today, and we have a billion things to do. But wanted to report that I lost 2 lbs. this week!!!!

Deenie, CONGRATULATIONS on your 6 lb. loss!

Jedi, WELCOME!!

Have a super weekend. We're going out to dinner and I'm wearing my new top! I'm so proud of our group. We're all doing great!
Dena

177/145 CW/127 GW
Den@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 03:42 PM   #146  

I'm back
Welcome Jessica and glad to have you along! It is wonderful to see so many people sticking with their plans, and it is really great too to see those who may not have had a good day but recognized it and got back on track and DID NOT give up!!! We can do it!

Since today was my weigh in I keep track of the week up to here

Goals met:
exercized (Joyce Vedral weight tapes) 6 days of the last week
walked 3 times - wanted to get in 4 - so almost there
Journalled daily - something very new for me but gettting easier
Watched my carbs - OK except for my morning latte - skim milk has quite a few carbs, but I figure I can't cut out everything. I am finding it easier to cut out some things (no bread, potatoes, rice) than go whole hog low carb. I am also eating protien at each meal and trying to stop eating after dinner.

My problem with the goodies that many of you are finding is I eat WAY too much of them so it offsets their goodness.

Best wishes for a wonderful OP weekend!
Old 03-12-2004, 06:08 PM   #147  
motivational guru wannabe

S/C/G: 205/205/185 by spring

Height: 5'4"

Default Come on Weekend!!!

Well, here it is...Finally Friday afternoon! Tomorrow is the dreaded St. Patrick's Festivities. Everyone keep your fingers crossed for me. I can hear the green beer calling me already! I know that I will have an awesome time. It really is just a huge party in the oldest part of the riverfront of St. Louis. We have gone every year for the past 10 or so. This year I plan to stay as OP as possible, and avoid the hangover that I usually have on Sunday afterwards! I am planning to get up first thing and do my aerobics workout. I am hoping that will help with the motivation for the day.

I am so happy to hear about everyone's losses. Six Pounds!!! Way to go Deenie, and 2 pounds it pretty exciting, too Den@. I stepped on the scale this moring and it said 179 even. That's another half a pound.

Jedi, I can sooooo relate to jumping on the scale every minute! I weighed myself in the middle of the night last night after a particularly long pee!!!! How sick is that. I know I need to quit, but I can't seem to help it.

Dianna77, sounds like you had a pretty good week, despite the puppy incident. Hope he/she is okay now. Love the animals!

AZ and WaterN - have you two tried the Healthy Life bread. It is for restricted carb dieting. It comes in wheat, sourdough, and Italian. Only 35 calories per slice 1 gram of sugar per slice. I can't do the low carb either. I just don't want to cut something out of my diet. I want to eat a variety of everything, just less. But, I figured making a few changes in the foods has to be a good thing, especially since most bread is so bad for you.

Well, everyone. I have to get dinner on the table for DH and DD. I am having a salad while they have brats and mac and cheese.
boatingmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 06:58 PM   #148  

Hi guys - just needed to share. I just figured out I need to loose 10 more to make it out of obese and into the overweight category. I am making this a subgoal of mine
Old 03-12-2004, 07:38 PM   #149  

I feel like I blew it I had 2 Strawberry Margarita’s at lunch = 13 points... I'm now 6.5 points over my daily allowance and its only 4:30pm....
Water Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 10:52 PM   #150  

WaterNymph - don't berate yourself - just try and do well the rest of the evening - pat yourself for realizing what you did (and wish you hadn't) and get right back on program

YOU CAN DO IT ~~~~~~~