Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-31-2004, 01:22 AM   #16  
resident lactivist

Quote:
This way I can store tennis balls in between them
Reminds me of one time in high school I went to a pool party and a friend amused himself (and freaked out another friend) by trying to throw the second guy's hacky sacks down the front of my swimsuit. That was back in my small days of wearing only a DD.

If your breasts are proportionally large, they will always be so. When I lost 30 pounds year before last & part of last year (got pregnant), I went from an H or I (don't remember) down to an FF. Of course, part of that was a result of my older daughter not needing to nurse so much...Now they're back up to a J, but that's milk. But you're unlikely to be a stick with a couple of beach balls attached; that typically doesn't happen in real life (in fact, it's the easiest way to spot a boob job or a breastfeeding mommy). There might be some odd things going on cup-wise as you lose weight. My cup size is bigger this time around than it was last time because of the way cup size is calculated. I doubt the breasts themselves are any larger, but since the measurement around my ribcage is comparatively small (36 1/2" last measurement), I require a larger cup-size, because there's a greater difference.

Here, I'll stick in my plug for properly-fitted bras. They make a world of difference in how you look. Wearing a bra, measure around your ribcage. If it's an odd number, round up. Then add 2" - 4", depending on how snugly you like your bras to fit. Then measure around the fullest part of your bust. Subtract the first number from the second; that's your cup size. One inch of difference = A cup, 2" B cup & so on. A DD should be about 4" difference. Above DD you really have to look at the manufacturer's guidelines, because cup sizes are no longer standardized (when I got married I wore a DDD, F, or G, depending upon the brand). If you're losing at a fairly rapid clip (which you seem to be), measure yourself at least every other month & adjust your bra size if necessary. A couple of other tips: bras should fit comfortably in the middle set of eyes for the hooks (most have 3 rows); regardless of measurements, the actual fit is more important. If your breasts obviously spill over or feel pinched, go up a cup size. If the flesh under your arms spills over, go up a band size. Common-sense stuff like that.
GreatBigMonsterMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 08:15 AM   #17  
Ilene the Bean

Great info Sabra, thanks!!
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 01:50 PM   #18  

well im sorry ladies im going to cheat on this one my gp has said if i get down to 14 stone **** put me forward for a breast reduction so that way i get rid of my 44 ee s and get my nipples to point in the right direction
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 10:29 AM   #19  

damn it - the only thing I LIKE about this extra weight is that my boobs are bigger! hahaha - anyway I can keep 'em? I went from a 34 B to a 36 C and I'm going to miss my new friends!

And I completely sympathize with you about the college weight gain. The heaviest I got was around 175 I think - and that's up from about 135 when I graduated from high school. You learn many many things in college and the most important thing I've learned is that one can't live on Ramen noodles, brownie batter, pizza, and chinese food. When I think about all the garbage I consumed in the dorms it makes me ill! I got so nasty that I started having gall bladder problems and my mom was worried I would have to have it removed!

Good luck at leaving that weight right where you got it - college!
emilyatau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 08:51 PM   #20  

well Im at about D :{ I want to lose ALL of them. I do hate boobs and bras even they are small. Im plan to have surgery after I lose weight.

5 feet tall
182lbs
D cups I think
I wear XL sport bras from Target.
bmxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 08:31 AM   #21  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

I've dropped 2 cup sizes and I'm not at goal yet! (I like my boobs, I want them back!!!) and 1 ish body size. So yeah they will get smaller when you lose weight.

Oh come back boobs.....
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 09:52 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

GreatBigMonsterMamma-

I am totally WITH YOU on the bra thing. I have been over 200 pounds twice in my life after my pregnancies...have nursed two children...and my breasts are still pretty firm and uplifted-because I never go without a bra.

Through my life I have ranged from a C-DDD depending on my weight, whether I was nursing or pregnant...
And they are still where they are supposed to be-with the nipples pointing AHEAD and not DOWN.

I have a SIL who goes braless a lot-and she has no children, is younger than I...and hers are in pretty bad shape from going braless-they were hanging low and pointing down before she was even into her mid-twenties.

I don't see them as torture devices at all if you buy one that fits properly and is in a comfortable material. (Most women wear the wrong size!) I cannot go without one. I even sleep in bras-I can't stand them just "hanging there". It feels like a pulling sensation to me. When I jog-I wear a VERY firm sportsbra so I won't have any bounce-because to me the lack of support in my breasts is more uncomfortable than the bra.

If you are an A, maybe a B cup-you can get away with it-but any larger than that and they are going to droop more and more over time.

*bra advocate over on this end*
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 09:04 AM   #23  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 236/236/166

LOL... you ladies are too much!

I sympathize with 2frustrated... I started developing in 5th grade and by the time I was in 8th grade I weighed 234# and was a 40D Back then I hated it, I was the only girl with a real chest.

Now I am at an age where I could appreciate them, they have shrunk... I am now 190.5# and 38C (Practically a B but quite yet - I don't like spillage)... I always make the joke of looking into my shirt and asking "hey where did they go"

Last edited by JEO1982; 02-01-2005 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Misspelling
JEO1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 09:20 AM   #24  

at everyone...

At my heaviest I was a 42D and I liked them. I liked the low cut tops and cleavage. Now 26 lbs lighter, I'm a 36C/D (depending on bra). I lost 5.25 inches around my bust since June 04. I still have 20 more lbs to go- So I'm thinking a B/C by the time I'm done. I'm going to have to start stuffing my bra!
KandiceS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 09:25 AM   #25  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 236/236/166

I'm so with you on that one! I'm about ready to start stuffing now!!
JEO1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 12:23 PM   #26  
..5, 6, 7, 8!

Height: 5'9

Default Huh?

«mumbles» Oh dear, if I'm a B now and succeed in losing about 50 pounds, will I then become a minus A? AHHHHHHH!!!!!! Oh me, oh my! «/mumbles»

This is so not good!
Shalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 01:24 PM   #27  

if only we could save them! Chris (my fiance) wants what I lost for bum implants- poor guy has no bum at all! Maybe we could all get together and get you up to an A at least...
KandiceS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 02:00 PM   #28  
Any Help would be great!

Talking

You are all great! Cracking me up over here! When I was in highschool.. umm 6 yrs ago I was at 250lbs and I was only a 38B Never understood it.. I lost 100lbs between my Junior and Senior year and Somehow I became a 36 C.. YES they got bigger.. Maybe because I didnt want them! lol.. I used to tell people tht if they needed and implant I'd donate mine cause they were always in my way! hahaha.. Thats what I get for being a tom Boy-- and Now! lol.. I've already lost inches in my boobs! lol.. DARN THIS WORLD.. Now that I want them they are leaving me! lol..
Tales610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 06:59 PM   #29  
CAcritter

You all are a hoot!

Hve you ever heard the song Do Your Ears Hang Low? A girlfriend sent me a card with boobs subsituted for ears - I was ROTFL!

My breasts were the first thing to go whenI started losing weight...sigh.
CAcritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 08:53 PM   #30  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
My breasts were the first thing to go whenI started losing weight...sigh.
Count me in on the sigh. My hubby swears he lost a good friend when I lost my boobs. 42D to 34B ::sigh::
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote