Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2003, 07:58 AM   #1  

Angry New here--only a few pounds left to lose!

Hi to all!
I started my new "healthier life" journey back in January, but only got serious in April with meaningful lifestyle changes that will carry me through the long run.

Started at 163-now 142, goal 130. 5'7".

I currently use a commercially available diet and exercise program that can be downloaded onto my Palm--so that is my "bible" and goes everywhere with me! I log it all, good and bad. So far, I have very rarely been able to meet my calorie/exercise goals. I did so well for such a long time, it seems as I get on the "home stretch" my determination is flagging.

I need a kick in the pants! So thought I would sign on here, and get some fresh support.

For exercise, I "was" doing 20 min on the elliptical 3 times a week, lower body exercises with ankle weights on those 3 days, 2 days a week, upper body exercises with 10 pound weights. Weekends I usually don't exercise.

I have crapped out on it all over the past few weeks, but am determined to begin again.
Biggest problems are after work bingeing. I start in on "healthy" stuff, and keep eating until I am either so disgusted with my self or so tired, I stop. (work nights)

All I can do is try again.

Anyway, thanks for listening! I will enjoy getting to know everybody.
Old 10-08-2003, 09:13 AM   #2  

I am new to this group also but looking around there is so much help here. Best of luck.
Old 10-08-2003, 09:32 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 245/245/130

Height: 5'2"

Hi Brigthongal and Fern!

Welcome.... there are lots of different forums with lots of great support.... if you would like come join us at Angel's Better Body Challenge..... Good Luck in your journey!
Old 10-08-2003, 09:47 AM   #4  
Dancing those pounds away

I have no miracle answers for you.. only support.
NEVER give up. Keep on truckin... it will be soooo worth your effort.
Get the junk food out of the house, DRINK TONS OF WATER, and start with baby steps. Start back on your exercise schedule, spit the food out if it makes it into your mouth. You CAN DO THIS... you already have proved that. Good luck.
Old 10-08-2003, 10:37 AM   #5  

Default Thanks

Thanks a whole lot! I will be looking around this site to see what there is to see.....
anyway, thanks for the welcome!
Old 10-09-2003, 11:45 AM   #6  

Hello all, I'm new as well.

I do a lot of up and down (more up, I have to admit..) but about a year and a half ago I decided to get very serious about getting into shape to be competitive for the martial arts I do. So starting at 178 I worked myself down to 148 (yay!) with my goal of getting to 130.

Then I got pregnant.

I was 199 at 9 mos preg, and now 4 mos later I am back down to 160-ish (158-161). Mirabelly introduced me to this website. She says I'm a scale addict.

I have to admit that even though the last time I was 160 I felt really good about myself, I now feel the opposite, knowing that I have lost ground since a year ago.

Hopefully I can get fully back into my workout regime while taking care of my 4 mos. old girl. I'm doing all of my crunches still, but finding treadmill time is near impossible. Going out for walks is out because of the incredible mosquito problem here in New Brunswick, Canada.

I'm sort of on the low carb-diet, but it's more like avoiding anything with too much fat in it.

-SuGyong
Old 02-15-2004, 12:10 PM   #7  
northernclipper

Default on the same track

Hello brightongal and others,

This is my first time on this site and when I saw your thread it read like mine. I am 5'6" and weight 161 now and I would like to get to 140. I have just started weight watchers and I do alot of walking. I know 20lbs doesn't sound like alot of weight but, I've been trying to lose the same 20 to 30lbs for three years. This spring my husband and I will be going to Europe for our 25th anniversary and I would like to meet my goal. I could use some help and support to get rid of these dreaded pounds.

Last edited by northernclipper; 02-15-2004 at 12:16 PM.
Closed Thread