Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2003, 01:01 PM   #31  
soontobethin

Good morning everyone.
Welcome, Penny, Geri, and Julie. I am Ricci sahm to two boys, 5 and 3. They are both pretty wild right now. Its cold and rainy and they cant go outside. I hope you all post here often and I know you will find the support you need.
Misty, you poor thing. I hope you do have that baby soon. I know what its like having pork chops all the time. My family used to raise pigs also.
Well, not to exciting around here. I have instructions on how to make a blanket with out sewing. I got the matereal and going to try to make it. My best friend helped me switch couches with my mom yesterday, so now we have a nice leather couch and my mom has an old sectional that will be good for the rest of my siblings. I hope you all have a good weekend.
Old 11-14-2003, 01:43 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good afternoon all!
Just got home. Don't have time to get personal but wanted to welcome Geri!!! Hope to see you here more often!
Misty? Can't wait to hear all about your appointment!!!
Ok, got to go. TTYL!
Old 11-14-2003, 03:10 PM   #33  
Movin' to the Country!

Welcome all Penny, Julie and Geri!!! I'm Candy, SAHM to Kylie, 2 and Sean 4. I also work full-time from home doing medical billing. This is very supportive group, as I've learned through the past couple weeks here, and hopefully you'll all be able to meet your weight loss goals! I am currently enrolled in a program called "CaloriesCount.Com" and I am also trying to walk 10,000 steps a day though that has happened only once! Oh well! I'll keep trying!

Ginny, congrats on the ds's bball though that is some trip you are having to make! Hope you get that walk in this afternoon. It is a bit chilly here though most of you would probably laugh at me for saying that (I had to wear a sweatshirt out today!!! )

Spryng, hope you get everything done before dh gets home! I can't imagine how excited you must be to see him. When will he have to leave again? Let us know how house hunting goes! How many bedrooms do you have now? How many you looking for? We moved into our house before babies and outgrew it not soon after that. We have 3 bedrooms but one is an office for my work so the kids share the "Big" room and we have the little room. Can't wait until we get into the new house. I will actually be able to walk around my bed without bruising my leg!!!

Misty, hope everything is going ok! Has it stopped raining yet? Anymore contractions? I started with contractions at 6 months with both kids and by the time I was a month from being due, they would come at 5 minute intervals for hours! It drove me crazy. I was induced the first time but went into labor on my own the second time. I would definitely recommend going on your own! Are you going "natural" or having an epidural? Thinking about you often and wishing you a speedy and easy delivery!

Hi Emily, Ricci, Jen, Karen and anyone else I may have missed! Hoping you are all having OP days!!! (I am not! ) Hope to do better this weekend!

Well, I'm outta here. Gotta get some work done while dd naps.

Candy
Old 11-14-2003, 03:21 PM   #34  

Candy, our house is currently 3 bedrooms.. ava and bubba both have their own rooms and Tanner shares with me right now. I want another house that is as least 3 bedrooms (Tanner will share with Bubba when he's a little older) but roomier than this one. I would like two bathrooms and an actual "dining" room instead of an eat-in kitchen. Plus DH wants one with central heat and air (ours in a floor furnace which can be dangerous with kids) so... we just have to see what is out there.
Ginny I think you asked how far we are wanting to move? (I think it was you anyway) not too far. Just right over into missouri. We are about 3 miles from the state line and I wouldn't mind moving over there. We'd be about 45 minutes away from Dh's parents and I think the space will be good for me. But I shop over there some already so I wouldn't mind living there if we can find something we love. So it's just a waiting game right now.
Misty? You home yet? maybe they decided to just break your water and admit you today!!!! I can hope anyway, can't I?
Ricci, you'll have to let us know how that blanket comes out. Sounds neat.
Well I have mostly everything done around here. Kids are finally down for their nap and TOM has arrived (afraid about what it might do to my WI tomorrow) UGH. But I'm trying to stay optimistic. Well... guess I'm off here for a short nap too. TTYL!
Old 11-14-2003, 04:04 PM   #35  
2BoysMom

Thanks for the warm welcome ladies. I think I'm going to fit right in here!
Spryng, TOM and DH coming home? So sorry
Old 11-14-2003, 04:16 PM   #36  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Well, I survived my afternoon.....but I am so tired. Just wanted to stop in and welcome Geri! I wish I had more time to get personal right now, but I think I will take advantage of the quiet house (just me home for now) and get something done. It's sooooo peaceful here. Have a great evening.
Ginny
Old 11-14-2003, 04:31 PM   #37  

That is so funny Geri! Yes TOM and DH are coming home. lol. I wish TOM would go away and come back monday!!!
Ginny, a quiet house?? I never knew your house was capable of that. lol. Enjoy. I hope your day has been going well.
Ok... my roast is smelling so good. I can't wait for dinner. I'll go see what I can make to go with it. TTYL!
Old 11-14-2003, 06:57 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 160/158/125

Height: 5'4"

Finally made it home. I was suppose to be here 6 hours ago. It's been a nutty day. Everything fell thru at the last second and I ended up taking the girls to the dr appt with me. Talk about STRESS! Everything is coming together tho. I finally saw the OB after and hr of waiting. And he's decided to do an amnio tomorrow morning to be sure that Baylan's lungs are fully developed, then induction. So next time you hear from me I'll be a new mommy...again! YAY!
He said with all the contractions and my situation he believes this is best for the baby and me. I'm excited, nervous and exausted all at the same time. So keep us in your thoughts. I need to get some rest. Have a great weekend!
Old 11-14-2003, 09:41 PM   #39  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hi Ladies!

Misty,
I know how exciting and overwhelming it is anticipating the baby. I wish you the most painless delivery!! My youngest *5 mo. was a induced c-section. I'm new, are you having vaginal or c section? I've had two out of three sections. I wish you the best! Congrats Congrats

Spryng,
Congrats on dh coming home! It must be exciting. I bet the kids are excited too

Hey Geri!
I remember you from the TOPS board, things are dead there sometimes! And I needed a change from the norm to get a new attitude. Glad to see you again!

Candy,
You track your steps with a monitor? That must be pretty neat. I am not sure how many steps I go a day, but I could tell you how many poopy diapers I change!~

My daycare kids are 9 mo, 10 mo, 13 mo (drop in) and my kids are 5 mo, 3, 4.

I do have my mom help me during the day. That is the only way I would be able to continue to breastfeed. I just split the childcare money with her for helping me. And it is nice to have another adult around.......

Karen,
Let me know about the Atkins and bfing. Please I did it for a week and lost about 8 pounds. But I did get a bad headache for the first two days b/c of the withdrawals. It is a hard program to follow but it does work

Ricci,
Thanks for the warm welcome. I know what you mean about the kids being wild My boys have a love/hate relationship. I have not gotten my TOM yet and I didn't think you get it while bfing. It's been a while for me and I am glad.

Ginny,
Thanks for the ww tip. I purchased the 10 week membership and went to 2 meetings. I just can't do it. I know my kids will be soon into the sports. I am not looking forward to it at all!

I hope I addressed everyone! Have a wonderful night! I will check in tomorrow

Penny

Last edited by mompen; 11-14-2003 at 09:52 PM.
Old 11-14-2003, 09:56 PM   #40  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

My picture......
Old 11-14-2003, 10:54 PM   #41  

Misty, they are inducing you tomorrow?! I'm so happy for you!!! I'm hoping you get a quick and relatively painless delivery!!! How long was labor and delivery for the other two? Hopefully this one is short. Were you more dilated today? Boy I'm happy for you. Don't forget to post your birth story when you get a chance also. i LOVE birth stories!!
Penny, I used to love atkins too. It does work well but I always felt so deprived. I'm such a bread and pasta person. I find WW super easy to follow. Well guess what?! DH just pulled in.... gotta go!! TTYL!
Old 11-15-2003, 12:53 AM   #42  
Domestic Engineer

Whoo-hoo- Michele's having a baby!! my 3rd was as painless as they come and I hope the same for you! Can't wait to hear.
Hope you all have a great weekend, I'm going to bed!
Old 11-15-2003, 08:57 AM   #43  
2BoysMom

Hello everyone,

Misty, hope everything is going well!

Hi Penny, I remember you too. I need just as much support from Mom's as I do for weight loss

I would attach pictures of the boys, but someone will have to tell me how to! I can't figure it out

It's supposed to be cold & crappy here this weekend so we'll have to find inside things to do. All Ds1 wants to do is watch Toy Story all day. It gets a little annoying!!! Ds2 is trying to learn how to crawl - then I'll be in trouble

Take care everyone!
Old 11-15-2003, 09:11 AM   #44  

Good morning all!!!
Great news on my WI! I lost 2.5 lbs!!!!! I'm now 149.5!!! I didn't think I would break out of the 150's this week, but I guess I did!!!! Ginny I now go down to 20 pts a day right? I'm so excited!!!!
Ok, gotta get around and get some breakfast made. Have a great saturday all!! Misty I'll be thinking about you all day!!! Hug that little boy for me too!
TTYL!
Old 11-15-2003, 09:21 AM   #45  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Oh Spryng,
I am so excited for you! Congrats Congrats That is a great loss and a great accomplishment! I know it must lift your spirit even more! Congrats again!

Have a great ON PLAN DAY everyone! I am going with a friends and all the kids to the park today! It is supposed to be a pretty day here in Louisiana! Take care Penny

Closed Thread