Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2003, 02:31 PM   #46  

Hello Hello

SO busy yesterday! I felt like I was constantly on the move, walking here, there, back and forth. Good workout though
its 4 points for me. That's 6 days in a row now .

Julie: Some of the best advice I've ever gotten for when I'm stressed out is just to remember to breathe...it may sound cheezy, but people so often forget just to take a moment and take a couple of deep breaths. It may not solve problems but it can put you in the right mind to deal with them

Dorthy and Joy: Congtats on the 4 points! Great work.

Sandy: Good luck with all the preparation for the sugery.

Faye: Thanks for the encouraging and motivating words, and for those good lookin' recipes yesterday.

Last edited by Scuzin; 11-12-2003 at 02:36 PM.
Old 11-12-2003, 02:33 PM   #47  

Joy-hi, just wanted to tell you weight watchers has worked pretty well for me. That's what I've been following since my start date and as you can see have lost 15.5 lbs .

I like it because I don't feel restricted and still am able to see results. It's also flexible so it's easier to fit into your daily routine...life. In the begining it may seems overwhelming...all the food and trying to figure out the points for these foods but little by little it gets easier and well ....if you want to try it and have any questions I can help you with just ask me. I will try to help.
Old 11-12-2003, 02:51 PM   #48  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi Ladies,

I am VERY busy at the moment as I am working as a volunteer for a christian charity all day. I enjoy doing it and it keeps me out of trouble! I've been on programme for the past 2 days - 3 points for both (not drinking water as my tooth hurts).

I didn't get the job, but I feel okay - I found Dublin a bit overwhelming as it was very big and busy, so I think it's for the best. I'd rather work in a quieter and more rural area - still waiting to hear from Galway and Limerick.

I've been offered some full time work with an agency (here in England) - I'm scared at the prospect of working again, but it will look good on my CV when I apply for jobs in Ireland and it might help me to gain some confidence after being out of work for a year - I'll let you know how it goes!

Bye

Amanda xxx
Old 11-12-2003, 06:25 PM   #49  

POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS!

Joy:
Susan:
Amanda:

Lisa: You are welcome. Let me know if I can help with anything else at any time.

Amanda: Work will do you good to keep you busy! Charity work is always rewarding too, I think.

Looks like everyone is doing pretty well and I am so glad.

Joy: WW is an EXCELLENT program. It allows you to eat anything you want if you are willing to spend the points for it and that can be important sometimes. I know a lot of people who have had great success with WW.

I made another recipe tonight. It was called spicy hashed browns and it was pretty good. It was a change anyway and that is always nice.

I didn't exercise today. I was kind of concerned about Jack so didn't want to wonder far from the house. He was in a real funk today so I tried to be really cheerful and helpful without hovering. He seems to be better, but my sister, who's husband had a heart attack the week before Jack's says her dh is moody and I guess it is kind of from meds, getting bored, getting frustrated etc.

Everyone have a great evening!

Faye
Old 11-12-2003, 10:34 PM   #50  

Evening Chickies,

I did that 2 miles today!!! yahoo, yee haw!!! yah doggies! Then I had the energy necessary to proceed with my day. And tomorrow?? gonna get up and do it first thing!!! That way no time for excuses!! Right THANK YOU FAYE FOR HAVING THAT FAITH IN ME!! I APPRECIATE IT, AND THE GIRL WHO SENT YOU THE PM!! SHE IS SO RIGHT!!!! YOU ARE THE INSPIRATION!!!!

All the rest of you chicks, here's to you! Hope you have sweet dreams

sw 356.0/cw 306!!! it's official!! made it to that first 50!!
next goal: 75 down by 2/29/04
next goal: 100 down by 4/30/04 YOU GALS WITH ME??? LET'S DO THIS THING
Old 11-13-2003, 12:52 AM   #51  

Well I had an interesting evening. I knew I was going to blow my food "plan" (as informal as it is) like i do every wednesday at the Newman Center Dinner. Anyway I kind of made a fool of myself while I was there, just made myself look quite silly, and was embarassed. While walking home I felt like I needed to burn off the embarassment and I thought...I want to run...and I did, sweater, jeans, and all jogging across campus till my lungs burned with the cold (only about a block or two ) But it felt SO good. So I walked a minute or two and just ran again. Now I understand why its a stress reliever! (hey, and maybe I'll have tricked my body into thinking "oh she's working! better not store all this food she just ate, she's usin' it!")

Oh! I just noticed a mintue ago that I am no longer just a "Junior Member" but a full "Member"

G'night Ladies (or G'morning if that is when you happen to read it)

Last edited by Scuzin; 11-13-2003 at 12:55 AM.
Old 11-13-2003, 03:22 AM   #52  

THURSDAY: Today is Time for us Thursday. Please take some time for yourself and do something nice for yourself!

Susan: Good for you. I am just sorry you did it because of something that embarrassing happening to you. Don't let it bug you though, I am the queen of embarrassing myself. I have a loud voice and don't always know when it is "too" loud and that is always embarrassing to me when someone has to tell me to tone it down.

Pam: SPECTACULAR PAM! YOU ARE DOING IT! I AM SO VERY VERY PROUD OF YOU!

I am a little sick at my stomach this am, nothing serious, but needed to get up for a little while. I am a little stressed about things right now, mainly money with the holidays and all the added medical stuff so it bothers my sleep too. At least it doesn't make me eat! It will all work itself out, but for right now it is upsetting for me. I am just trying to juggle it all and not drop a ball so to speak!

I will talk to all of you lovely lovely ladies at a decent hour of the morning!

Faye
Old 11-13-2003, 08:50 AM   #53  

Good Morning Ladies!

Faye, you are so right (as usual) about my overextending myself. I know I try to do "it all", and I've fooled myself into thinking I'd succeeded for so long that it's hard for me to admit it was all a lie. I wasn't doing it all, I was selectively ignoring certain things while overdosing on other things. Balance, it's all about balance!

Well, I got all 4 POINTS yesterday!!! FINALLY!! I forced myself to get up and dance for 30 minutes, and that felt good. But then later I had an irrational pms mood swing and went out to spend some quality time with dh's axe! I know you all think I'm a lunatic anyway but nothing feels quite like chopping wood with an axe when you're angry for absolutely no reason. Am I the only one who gets just totally PISSED OFF at random when it's "that time"? I wonder. I don't get angry at anyone or anything, my body just has that tension and shallow breathing and adrenaline that just says I WANNA BEAT THE CRAP OUTTA SOMETHING!!!! I used to yell alot, and I'm getting control over that. It helps to have a wood pile

So I ended up getting a good 45 minute workout with the chopping and the hauling and the stacking.....I think I really needed the fresh air, even though it wasn't sunny.

Susan, good for you deciding to just RUN.......hey, another Forest Gumpism....must be time to watch that movie again! I feel that way sometimes, I just gotta run even though I'm not dressed for it and even though I NEVER run unless there's a bear chasing me! Maybe you've found a new outlet!

Pam, WTG on the exercise! I knew we could do it!!!! AND CONGRATS ON THE 50 POUNDS!!!! Woo HOoooooo. That is so awesome~! I can't wait until I reach that point...only 21 pounds to go.

Lisa, glad you liked the pumpkin custard...I almost always have the ingredients, so I make it whenever I have a craving for sweets. Plus, I read somewhere that the smell of pumpkin pie is a HUGE aphrodisiac for men! Go figure. We spend all this money on perfume, and all we really needed was to rub a squash on our necks

Hope everyone is having a groovy day! It's raining here AGAIN! But it was supposed to snow, so I guess this is better.

Talk to ya later,
Julie
Old 11-13-2003, 08:50 AM   #54  

Angry

GOOD MORNING LADIES....well,I went and joined ww lastnight,and I must say that I really enjoyed it,come to find out we all knew each other and that we are all members of the y,so we are planning to meet next week and workout after the meetng all together...that will be fun ...and maybe meet saturday...the fellowship is what helps a lot...and having my bestest friend right there.....that cant get no better unless I could have all of you there....DOT...thank you ..I will be asking you ...cause it does seem overwhelming but i am determined...it is very flexible,and Faye ,you are right,you have to watch how you use your points...oh yeah...all points for yesterday....okay,I need to get off of here for now and get some things done...take care ladies,and have a "STRONG ,MOTIVATED DAY"...AND TAKE CARE OF YOU!!!...LOVE AND HUGS TO ALL.... JOY
Old 11-13-2003, 09:01 AM   #55  

Morning Chicksters,

Only a minute to post!! Gotta go get that in, been up a while now, so want to do it early, no procrastinating for this chickie today!!

Cant do individual replies, but want to say, FAYE, UP AT 2:30 A?? AND POSTING!!! I know you have a lot on your plate right now, and just one of those things could cause stress, especially money woes, throws everythingelse off balance, and of course worry over Jack, I know must be upsetting to you. Try and find time for yourself in your day, and get some rest, you cant be everything all the time, if you rest and take care of you, you can better take care of Jack! I love ya!! Talk to you later "sarge"...I say that with great affection and admiration, that was my dad's nick name at work.............

hugs to all of you gals have an awesome day!
Old 11-13-2003, 09:20 AM   #56  

POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS

Julie
Joy
Me

Julie: Whoa! You know, they PAY people in the entertainment industry to do those kind of angry things, they're called HORROR MOVIES! Can't say I ever wanted to take an axe to something when I PMS'd~

Pam: You have had a deep desire in your psyche to be a pompom girl or cheerleader haven't you? (oh and it was 1:30 we are central time!)

The only thing pumpkin smell would do for me would be a replacement for "I've got a headache." Jack hates the smell, but I have a pumpkin pie candle in the kitchen anyway!

I have to tell you a funny story. My younger sister (the one whose husband had the heart attack a week before Jack's) was complaining to me last weekend that her dh wants sex all the time and she thinks it will make his heart race etc and besides she could care less. She asked me what did I think? Wellllll...... I had ask Dr Anderson that before Jack left the hospital and he said, it was a myth and that if he can climb the stairs he can have sex. So, I told her and said I was sorry I knew that wasn't what she wanted to hear. I got an e-mail on Sunday that said, "He climbed the stairs, we did it and it's finished, thank God." I didn't mean he had to do both! Then last night, I was on the other computer and you know who came in and said, "It's stair climbing time!" That man!

Have a good day ladies and I will check back with you later.

Faye
Old 11-13-2003, 10:11 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

sorry that i have been mia sick yuck
Old 11-13-2003, 10:18 AM   #58  

Good Morning Ladies,
You all have no idea how wonderful it is to be feeling so very depressed and come onto this site and see all your encouraging posts. Brightens my day. Thank you.

I have been off the wagon, so to speak, for the last 2 days. No points for me. Both Billy and I have been sick and finances are getting me down. I have been robbing Peter to pay Paul for so long that Peter is getting really, really angry. So I didn't exercise, didn't drink my water and didn't eat what I was supposed to. The only saving grace is that I didn't over-eat either. I started thinking that the only thing I can really control in my life right now, is how I take care of myself and my son---so I need to get back to it.

Faye, I did try the wet heat towels thing. Wow! It really made my knee feel better. Thank you.

I will talk with ya'll later, when I am feeling better.
Judy
Old 11-13-2003, 12:48 PM   #59  

Hello,
2 points for me yesterday for water and exercise. Like I said I ate LOT for dinner last night. I could have done better with portion control, wich I will work on for next time.

Julie: YAY for the 4 points! and yes I too know the feeling of wanting to just beat the out of something. At least you know that its triggered by certain "times"

Judy: Hang in there. Like you said, at least you didn't over eat, so you still have something to be proud of health wise.
Old 11-13-2003, 03:27 PM   #60  

Good Afternoon girls!

Yesterday I got all 4pts...my body aches a bit, I did my balance ball full body workout and even though I though, "oh this is a light workout" today I am a bit sore. But happy and think I will do the workouts more often.

Faye- that is sooo funny about the sex...you had me cracking up for a bit.

Julie- I can totally relate...sometimes I feel like screaming to the top of my lungs or breaking something or just like "grrrrrrrrrrr", but I been working on not taking it out on others. But usually when I feel like that I just stay away, so no one pisses me off and "makes" me explode.

Pam- Whoooo hoooooo great job!!! Keep it up... give me a P...give me an A...Give me an M...Paaam!!! ... okay I do realize I am not very good with cheers but u got the point I think.

Susan- glad you were able to deal with it by running and better luck to u next time with portion control...I know it's hard.

Joy- You're welcome...anytime. You can do this and I am happy you enjoyed it.

okay today I relax and spend some time with ...me also going to a meeting today.

Okay girls have a lovely evening and if I forgot someone I'm sorry, but do take care
Closed Thread