Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2003, 10:13 AM   #16  

Default THANKFUL

3 THINGS I AM THANKFUL FOR ARE:

1. FINDING THIS BOARD TODAY
2. THE FACT THAT GOD'S LOVES ME AND MY FAMILY
3. THAT I LOSSED 18 LBS THIS YEAR.
4. THE DESIRE TO CONTINUE TO lose weight AND FIND SUPPORT GROUPS.
5. THE ABILITY TO EXERCISE
Old 11-06-2003, 10:26 AM   #17  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

So glad you stopped in KDRULES ~
CONGRATS on you 18 lb weight loss!!!!!!
May the Lord Bless you and continue to give you the strength you need to go on with your journey!
***Blessings***
Old 11-06-2003, 06:44 PM   #18  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

FOOTBALL
BASKETBALL
BASEBALL
TENNIS
TRACK
CROSS-COUNTRY
SOFTBALL
SOCCER
ICE/ROLLER/FIELD HOCKEY
LACROSSE
SKI/SNOWBOARD
SURFING
BOWLING
BIKING
HIKING
CHEER
DANCE
WRESTLE
VOLLEYBALL

ANY AND ALL SPORTS OUR GOOD LORD BLESSES US WITH TO WATCH AND PARTICIPATE IN TO STAY HEALTHY

THIS INCLUDES..... WALKING!!!!

PEACE- GARY
Old 11-06-2003, 08:35 PM   #19  

Angry

Quite a day today... not so much that it was busy - just felt like I pushed all day to get through it. I will sleep well tonight that's for sure.

I am most Thankful for:
*1* My dear girlfriend, Peggy, whom always brings a smile to my day when we are together. What a nice afternoon we had today.

*2* For the Love I have for my husband, Joe, and he for me... I was watching an older couple tonight - he was helping his wife to the car and stayed with her till she was settled and safe inside the car. Such love and devotion touches me.

*3* For the fun in just browsing in the stores & spending time together - we had to return some lamps tonight and then just enjoyed looking at all the holiday goodies. We both so enjoy Christmas. It's something how people change during the holiday's... what a shame that the KINDNESS, JOY and HAPPINESS that is all over their faces & in their beings now doesn't last the whole year long, just as God wishes it to be for us all.

Have a restful & peaceful night everyone...
God Bless you all over!

Last edited by SunnyD57; 11-07-2003 at 06:50 AM.
Old 11-06-2003, 09:46 PM   #20  
~ Berry Happy ~

I am thankful for each day that I can get out of bed, stretch my arms & legs, and breath in fresh air.

I am thankful for my parents, for loving me so much, and having confidence and trust in me.

I am thankful for Ricardo, though at times things are rough, he has taught me a lot about myself.

I am thankful for Jack & Chip (my two weiner dogs) who with their child like behavior, keeps my heart smiling, even on days when I'm feeling lower to the floor than they are...lol

I am thankful that I can afford the things I NEED, and not the things I want. If I could afford everything, I wouldn't want anything.

I am thankful for my health - though plagued with a few problems, I'm lucky that I'm here, and feeling well. Other's aren't always as lucky.

I'm thankful for the Children that I see everyday when I pick up my niece from school. Even when I'm having a bad day, I can't help but smile and laugh at thier silly behavior. They sure open my eyes!

There are SO many things to be thankful for, and these stand out to me.

-----------------------------------------------

SunnyD57 - thanks for starting this thread! It really made me smile!

gma2one - I am happy that your husband is doing okay! I will say a little prayer for you, and your family. I remember all too well when my father had two heart attacks - and it's a scary thing to go through. (((Hugs))) and (((Prayers))) sent your way!
Old 11-07-2003, 07:56 PM   #21  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

MEMORIES OF:

#1 My grandma and her fried chicken--- sooooo good-- with mashed potatoes and gravy!! ummm....

#2 My other grandma (still living) and her sense of humor.

#3 My grandpa that tried so hard to share the Gospel in everything

#4 My other grandpa taking me and my siblings to the cemetery to look at the headstones when we were little because we wanted to-- and giving us way too much watermelon and soda pop when he babysat us if you know what I mean lol (hint: wet sheets l.o.l.)
Old 11-07-2003, 08:52 PM   #22  

Angry

I had a good day today... went to my Curves class and when I got home spent a few hours on the cp trying to catch up a bit (whew) and then got some household chores done. After that I have just been enjoying an evening of catching up with the paper and some magazines... nice.

I am Thankful for:

*1* Quiet evenings and the simple things of life.

*2* Friends that bring huge smiles to my face.

*3* The 'calm' I feel watching my beta fish, Grant, as I spend time on my cp.

*4* The look of a child's anticipation on my husband's face as he gets ready to head out for the HS football game with so much excitment. Sure do hope they win!

Well, I am afraid I am so tired this is all I'm good for tonight. Joe & I have a very busy day ahead of us tomorrow - we'll be out the door at 8:00am - so that means an early start. Night...

"I will sing about your strength. In the morning I will sing about your love. You are my protection, my place of safety in time of trouble. God, my strength, I will sing praises to you. God, my protection, you are the God who loves me." Psalm 59:16-17 (NIV)
God Bless!
Old 11-07-2003, 09:00 PM   #23  

Angry

PS>> Just was looking over all the posts of Thanks --- you all are such Special People and I feel so Blessed to be a part of your lives...
(((Hugs)))
Old 11-07-2003, 10:36 PM   #24  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

I'm late tonight w/my thanks......

1-Thankful that Julian, CA survived so i can hopefully visit and show my friend this quaint town during Christmas.

2-Thankful for the music I heard tonight, and the original songs that Mike sang. The words touched me.

3-Thankful that i have a house to come home to, to keep me warm when it's so dang cold out.

4-Romance........just a little glimpse of it tonight, but it's a good feeling.

Old 11-08-2003, 09:47 AM   #25  

1.I am thankful that as a child growing up I had the best Grandparents who lived on a farm. I was so much fun to visit and play in the barn. My Grandparents were very strong Christians and I learned about the Lord through them. They would tell me stories about how the Lord Blessed them during the depression when they gave the last bit of food in the house to someone else the Lord provided for them.

2.I am thankful that my DD was blessed with a Godly man. And they are now buying thier fist home.

3.I am thankful that through the tough times in my live God carried me through.

4.I am Thankful for the greatest husband! He has been there for me though all my health problems and I know things have not been easy for him at times.

5.I am thankful the struggles in life it makes me closer to God.

6.I am thankful for this post and 3 fat chicks who started this web page and gave us a place to bond and find encouragement with others who know what it feels like to be over weight.
Old 11-10-2003, 07:45 AM   #26  

Angry

So much going on this time of year - and very hard to keep up on the weekends, so that may be a pattern I have set. Weekdays I am here and weekends off with the hubby

I am so very Thankful for:

*1* My hubby and the wonderful (but sometimes a bit too busy) weekends I get to have with him. I cannot wait for him to retire, so we are able to spend some more quality time together.

*2* Thankful for the creators of the cute movie "FINDING NEMO" We just saw it last night (bought the DVD) for the first time ~ what a beautiful movie to watch ~ the COLORS are just awesome and so lifelike! Such talent in the making of it!!

*3* I am so Thankful for my Lord and the creation of Sunday's! A day of rest that I can count on and enjoy with Joe. It's so nice to come home after church and just sit together reading the Sunday paper, and talking over the week's happenings & watching football (even though we lost, again!)... I want more days like that with him

*4* Thankful for the snow we had here. Nothing accumulated, but it was really pretty!

*5* Thankful for another Beautiful, crisp, clear day today to enjoy. The grass looked like it had glitter all over it when Guido (my kitty) and I went for our walk this morning to get the paper. Really pretty!

"God, how wonderful you are! You are more wonderful than the hills full of animals."
Psalm 76:4

And that's pretty wonderful!
I adore animals
God's Blessings!
Old 11-10-2003, 09:51 AM   #27  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

I am thankful today for:

1. Books~I love books. There is so much available to us. In particular i'm thankful for the Tai Chi book i found on sale and also for a book about God being in the small stuff. God always helps me whenever i ask.

2. For the furnace guy to come out and fill my oil tank even though he left me a kind of nasty message. I'm thankful anyway that he'll be there today to fill my tank and check the furnace.

3. My friend Byron~he's truly a good friend to me. He's like a boyfriend but without the romance. We care about eachother but not romantically. And he's always available if i need help w/little stuff, like blowing a fuse and not knowing what to do about it...
Old 11-11-2003, 03:36 PM   #28  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

#1 Home Depot-- so I could get a new jamb and door for my home

#2 The day off to put it in

#3 The phone number of a good door man to fix what I did! l.o.l.

MOST OF ALL TODAY I AM THANKFULL FOR ALL VETERANS, AND ESPECIALLY FOR MY SON'S FRIEND DAVY AND HIS SAFE RETURN FROM THE WATER'S NEAR IRAQ. HIS CARRIER CAME IN A FEW DAYS AGO AND HE HAD DINNER WITH US LAST NIGHT-- IT WAS SO GOOD TO SEE HIM. MY SON AND DAVY THEN TOOK MY NEPHEW TO PLAY BASKETBALL WITH SOME OTHER COLLEGE KIDS. WHEN DAVY LEFT I PUT MY FLAG UP (8 MONTHS AGO) AND TOLD HIM IT WOULD STAY UP UNTIL HE TOOK IT DOWN-- HE DID LAST NIGHT. MY 83 YEAR OLD NEIGHBOR USED TO GIVE ME A HARD TIME ABOUT LEAVING IT UP ALL THE TIME ( HE OBEYS THE FLAG RULES) WHEN I EXPLAINED THAT DAVY WOULD TAKE IT DOWN ON HIS RETURN MY NEIGHBOR GOT OFF MY BACK. THIS MORNING AS I WAS ABOUT TO LEAVE FOR HOME DEPOT AND GET ANOTHER ONE MY NEIGHBOR WAS GIVING ME A HARD TIME ABOUT NOT HAVING IT UP FOR VETERANS DAY-- ALL IN GOOD FUN-- WHEN I EXPLAINED DAVY TOOK IT DOWN LAST NIGHT HE CHUCKLED.

MAY THE CONFLICT IN IRAQ END SOON-- MAY WE HAVE PEACE FOR ALL.
Old 11-11-2003, 05:24 PM   #29  

Smile

GARY - Such a great mention! I thank-you!

I am also taking a moment to mention the Veteran's. My father is one and his father died on the beaches of Normandy. It is also my father's 68th birthday today - so it is a very Special Day to me.

I am Thankful for:

*1* My Father and all he has suffered to help this U.S.A. live FREE and the loss that is with him all the time of his men that fought under his command and along side him and the loss of his father. I wish my Father the best and most Special Birthday, with so much Love!

*2* I am Thankful for having the privilege of living in the United States... so many beg, borrow, steal and even die trying to get into the U.S. to live in Freedom and we have been born into it - I am so very grateful!!!

*3* I am Thankful for friends, who are always there when you need them on a bummer day

*4* I am thankful to MICHELE (from CEr's) for being so "in tune" with the Holy Spirit and reaching out when He lays it on her heart - Thanks!

*5* I am most Thankful for new beginnings... because I am beginning again after being derailed with my diet.

*6* And last but not least - I am Thankful for the encouragement of ~ALL~ my 3fatchick friends I am so very Blessed!

"I will always sing about the Lord's love. I will tell of his loyalty from now on." Psalm 89:1 (NIV)
God Bless!
Old 11-11-2003, 07:32 PM   #30  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

You know, i think this is doing me some good to keep reminding myself of all the gifts i've been blessed with. Thank you Sunny for making up this thread!

I am thankful today for all Veterans! Goshl, i've heard so many wonderful stories on the radio today and it's made me very patriotic. Johnny Cash did this great song about the flag, made me cry. Thank you, thank you!

I am thankful for flannel sheets! Gosh i like them and especially at this time of year. Thankful too that these were on sale way cheap and they are really cute with snowflakes and penguins on them. Doesn't fit my bedroom decor exactly but that's ok.

I am thankful for the Bible. I love that no matter what the situation i can find inspiration and truth in the Word. We are so blessed.
Closed Thread