3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   WEEK-AT-A-TIME CHALLENGE #8 -- for week starting Nov. 3 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/33966-week-time-challenge-8-week-starting-nov-3-a.html)

redballoon 11-02-2003 09:18 PM

WEEK-AT-A-TIME CHALLENGE #8 -- for week starting Nov. 3

Hello, everyone, this is PART VIII of the One-week-at-a-time challenge. This is a challenge in the spirit of the 21-Day challenge, which I'm still continuing as well but. . .

I wanted something else, something short and sweet, where I can buckle down and go all out on and yet still come up for air before I burn out. So, I want to start up a ONE-WEEK CHALLENGE. :sunny: Here, we'll look at the week as a whole, which also means we have room for slipups and unexpected evenings out, or whatever.

So, unlike the 21-dayer where you commit to doing something every, single day for 21 days straight or have to go back to START and count over the One-Week-at-a-Time challenge is going to be about things like saying; I will go to the gym 3x this week, or I keep my calories to a total of 14,000 for the week, or I will not eat anything after 6 p.m. 3x this week. So, if you want to eat 14,000 calories one day and fast for the next 6 fine! :lol: Or, you can go to the gym three days straight and then flop back and do absolutely zilch for the next four.

This way of attacking things will allow you to customize your challenge to suit yourself, allow for tortoise types and hare types to do their own thing AND means that getting back after after a fall doesn't mean you've lost any ground at all. It'll inspire that crucial element of success -- the POWER TO PERSIST!! I think it'll be a great motivator and great source of empowerment!! :encore:

SO, come on!! If you're interested please jump aboard and tell us your plan for the week and then keep us posted with progress reports and tell us when your goal is accomplished, be it early in the week or at the end. I'll do this starting Monday and wrapping up Sunday night of each week.

Hope to see you! :wave: PLEASE, join me!

redballoon 11-02-2003 09:19 PM

RECORD BOARD (from this and previous challenges)

This space is reserved for our challengers. Your name goes here with a sun for each successful challenge. A spin is for a very good effort. You tell me what you've earned! I'm going to start a new thread each week but carry this data over so you can see how many challenges you've done.

allthatjazz :sunny:
Aquareggie :sunny:
beachkid
brunissen
Eydie :sunny:
fern
friendsforfitness :spin: :sunny:
happy dance dot :sunny:
Irishcoda
jackieO :sunny:
KristasMom
Lavender Girl
M.N.J :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:
mscat816 :sunny:
PhotogirlTX :sunny: :sunny:
redballoon :sunny: :sunny:
Sandybrat :sunny: :sunny:
Shelldawn
Southern Butterfly :sunny: :sunny:

Marti 11-02-2003 10:22 PM

Hello!!

I'm in again! I got this going on the other forum which BTW red, is fantastic! I thank you once again for letting me share this!

For this week my plan is:

Squats or lunges: 3 sets of 10 reps. 4-5's this week.

As I posted on the other forum... my thighs are merging together and I need to pry them apart!! I realize that sometimes we need someone to lean on but this is going a bit to far!!!:nono: I am definately hoping that I will be able to see daylight between those two by March!!:lol:

I succeeded last week. Which feel pretty good. So that would mean that I would have three sunshines! WooHoo!! Looking forward to getting the fourth!!

Ok... I'll check in tomorrow.

Marti

mscat816 11-02-2003 11:59 PM

Week 2 - Challenges!

Hi All!

Congrats to everyone on their challenges and me too for completing my first one!:bravo:

This week I am going to continue with week 1 challenges (3 ab workouts) and add the following:

3 - cardio workouts
No White Processed Foods!

Scary! The cardio will be no problem - did 4 last week - becoming a habit. But the white food??? I really need to embrace this challenge because I have been doing research on metabolism and currently reading a book about increasing energy. White processed food is a major zapper of energy and instigator of cravings.

I am also frustrated that I have been battling the same plateau for over three weeks even though I am doing well with eating, water, and exercising. :shrug: I have increased my daily water, amounts of fruits and veggies, and my exercise level but the scale won't budge and I am not losing inches either!:( I am praying that eliminating the white stuff in my diet is enough to jump start my metabolism. Wish me luck!

M.N.J. - Glad, as always, to see you participate. Work those thighs girl!

Red - thanks again for keeping this forum alive. I am very happy with the weekly challenges and feeling the potential for even more success.

By the way, I am getting closer to accepting my impending divorce. I know deep in my heart that it is best for both of us and I am starting to look forward to the new possibilities that come with change. Anyone read "Who Moved my Cheese?" I am getting myself ready to go out and search for new cheese.

Good luck to everyone this week - I am looking forward to seeing your posts!

Ms. Cat :wave:

241/229.5/140 Just weighed myself and I am under 230 again - here is hoping I can keep it down!

Sandybrat 11-03-2003 09:44 AM

Hi guys... missed you last week... i have been busy so therefor awol... but i am back this week. BTW Red... i have 2 sunshines...lol My challenge this week is to do my watp tapes 5 times this week... the 2 mile tape. Yoga 5 times as well. Hope all is well with all of u... take care of u

Sandy

Southern Butterfly 11-03-2003 10:09 AM

My goals for this week are:
1. cardio 5x
2. weights 3x

Sandybrat 11-03-2003 06:41 PM

Thanks Red... one day down 4 to go... LOL

Sandy

Marti 11-03-2003 07:20 PM

Holy Cow!! :fr: Let me tell you how much different it is to do squats correctly!! Before I just did them w/o the use of my excercise ball... but I think I wasn't doing much good, because today---My thighs are screaming!!:yikes: I think they're on to my plan of seperation!!!

So first day down!! I want to do this so bad!! I will succeed!!
Ok,, now to go hobble on out to the living room!! :tired:

Take Care
Marti

redballoon 11-04-2003 12:58 AM

paving the way for change!

Hello people, I really haven't been able to get back on track because things are so upside down in my life right now. But I've decided that this week's challenge is to stick to my plan, which is to have 5 meals a day to equal 1800 calories total. The meals will be about 3-4 hours apart and fairly equal in size except for two which are about 150 calories more. They should all contain protein as well as carbs. This week my goal is to just work with this guideline, putting in a good effort and getting closer and closer each week to really tight plans. It's all about planning, recording and evaluating. These are my big pitfalls as I can never maintain consistency and though I think I'm doing really well and often am, I have a lot of sabotaging going on I think and that's why I don't see progress over the long run. I have to think about doing this over the long run otherwise I'll just gain back any weight I lose (which I've done over and over). Ok, that's it. It may not sound like much but it's a lot for me, a crucial step to success! :cb:

M.N.J., oh, yes, I know what squats can do to you! When I used to train really heavy I often couldn't walk after a leg workout without taking aspirin. But it's great you're doing them. Your legs will start to have shape, nice shape, if you stick to it. Good luck! :spin:

mscat816, hello there. What an excellent challenge. I too am trying to steer clear of processed foods, thus the no sugar, no bread on the 21-day challenge. I've done no sugar for a year before and the results were fantastic. In addition to losing the roll around my gut I didn't have cravings or "dead" times. I usually try to eat brown rice and whole wheat pasta and so but that usually flies out the window when I eat out. But I still can make better choices no doubt. I wish you the best of luck and also, I didn't mean to ignore you about your impending divorce. I have never been married but I've been through very painful breakups of long-term relationships and I know how devastating they can be. I wish you strength and resolve and please go easy on yourself. Better things ARE in store. Believe in that! I really admire you for taking this time to take care of yourself. I have read "Who Moved My Cheese" and thought it was great, though very painful to face since it was as if it was speaking directly to me! Right now I'm not only trying to look forward to, like you, the possibilities change brings, but I'm trying to open myself up to possibilities, the idea of them even without change. Power to you mscat, you can do it! I'm trying to too! :dance:
Sandy, yes, I got your other sun up there. :sunny: Good luck on your challenge. That's a lot of tapes!

Southern, good luck to you!! That too is a full schedule! :strong:

Sandybrat 11-04-2003 10:09 AM

Thank you Red... you know Red.. if u ever need to talk.. or vent or even just rant do so... we will all be here for you. We will listen and give advice ... feel free to talk to us here as well as chart progress... thats what these boards are all about... support... supporting each other in EVERYTHING... I just wanted u all to know that i would be here to listen if u needed it... Hope you all have a wonderful day.. take care of u...

Sandy

Southern Butterfly 11-04-2003 10:14 AM

Completed one cardio (30min treadmill) and one weight workout (25min lower body) yesterday. I'm determined to be successful this week!!

Marti 11-04-2003 11:30 AM

Did my squats this morning!!! My body ached this morning so I figured the only way to stretch them out was to do more. And it worked. I can walk like a normal girl and not some drunk!!:lol:

Have to get ready for school....just needed to post this before I forget.

take care
Marti

mscat816 11-04-2003 12:50 PM

2 days of success - but. . .

Morning!

I am so proud of myself. I have had two whole days of success - two ab workouts (100 crunches, and 60 pushups), 2 treadmill workouts, and most important of all no white processed foods! :cb: In addition to that I have had more than 98 oz of water 2 days in a row. I only need to complete 1 more day of the exercise challenges to meet my weekly goal but I am going to continue to meet the challenge for at least 5 days.

I'm reading this fabulous book "Energy Up, Whoo!" and I have to admit everything she said about eliminating sugar, salt, flour, and white processed foods from my diet is true - I feel 100% better already and my energy has increased 10 fold. The increased energy has also affected my mental state and my problems don't seem so insurmountable now.

The down side is my scale has not moved again in two days:?: It is really frustrating me but I am not going to quit doing what I am doing. So this is the last post with a current weight until the end of the week. I am a scale junkie so I am adding staying off the scale to this week's challenge. I am also going take some measurements so I can pay more attention to that.

Wish me luck :lucky:

M.J.N. - Squats hurt but they are so good for you. Keep it up! :strong:

Butterfly - I want to be like you - 30 minutes! I am lucky if I get in 22 a day. You give me hope.

Red - thanks so much for your words of encouragement - I can't tell you how much your support means to me. :angel:

Have a great week.
Cat
241/230/140

redballoon 11-04-2003 05:37 PM

revelations . . . again . . .

Ok, checking in here to report yesterday's progress. I did stick to a plan all day though the last meal was too late and too much but that's because of a mixup in scheduling. I haven't added the calories up yet but at least I know everything I ate. I was thinking how easily I can overeat. I mean really, it takes absolutely nothing and even if I've eaten say 500 calories less every day than I've expended then I can just ruin that work in a single night out drinking. Wow, it's really scary to think of how fine a line people must be walking to NOT overeat. Of course, I know losing is harder than maintaining as far as the calorie in calorie out balance goes but still. . .Ok, just wanted to have a semi rant there.

Sandy, thanks, there, you see, maybe it was you saying I could vent and now I have! I hate to complain but this stuff is HARD!! Maybe losing a pound here and there isn't so hard but keeping it off is and if I lose it one day and gain it back the next well no one's going to notice are they?

Southern, good going on the exercise! :cp:

M.N.J., yes, working through the pain, that is the best way, just don't overdo it. And remember, there's always aspirin! :lol:

mscat, you SHOULD be proud of yourself. You're really kicking butt. I'm jealous. You're going to get me to the gym today you are! Don't worry about the scale and taking measurements is a very good idea. Get a pair of pants or something that is too tight and use that to measure your progress. Write down exactly how it fits, or doesn't, like "can't get my leg in" or "top snap is 4 inches apart." Then you can chart your progress that way. And it takes a lot of time for fat to mobilize and regroup and leave the body. I notice how I get even more disgustingly flabby right when I'm about to lose and it can be discouraging if you don't see it as the sign of progress that it is. Just stick to your guns!

Sandybrat 11-04-2003 07:58 PM

Yes Red... it is HARD to loose and keep the weight off... i know that, i struggle with that all the time... but keep your chin up... and come here and rant, vent or pout...lol whatever it takes to just be in control. Thats what i do... just knowing that i have to be accountable to u ladies makes a huge difference, for me at least... have a fabulous night... remember to take care of u...

Sandy