Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2003, 06:23 PM   #181  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Thumbs down ready for some california warmth!

Getting to the keyboard, here. Yes! Well, I'm going to L.A. mostly to meet a friend in from New York. Meeting halfway is easier, though really the price from Tokyo is not that much different this time of year. But I also have been meaning to get to Calif. to try to drum up future work and get my face known. I'm planning to hang out in the stable area at Santa Anita and Hollywood Park. I work in horseracing here but have been out of it and am now trying to get out there and make things happen. I want lots of money as I'm sick of always being broke. I'm going to have to give up my horse if I don't make a bundle from here on out as the other owners have bailed. I want to hang on to this girl as she's a stubborn handful but I love her and still feel I can learn a lot from here. It is hard though!

Unfortunately, it seems everyone is coming here while I'm off there. I've got calls from England and Hong Kong asking me to do work in the very week I'll be away, but now it's too late to cancel the trip and also I don't want to. So I'm going to just do it and what'll be will be. There's only so much I'll keep readjusting my schedule to try to keep beat with whatever comes my way.

Well, I'm hearing a lot of good and bad from you all. Angie, get back on track! But have a good time while you're gone too. Remember, having fun doesn't have to be about eating.

Kempy, I hope things smooth out for you at work. Sounds like you have a rather incompetent boss. Maybe you should look for something new, no?

Yes, I wonder where Cherie is too. She has disappeared from the other threads as well. Hope things are going so well she just has no time for us!

jbbm, yes, sugar definitely bloats you. If you go off sugar completely you will lose a lot of water weight in the beginning and heh, water weight looks the same as FAT!!

jldg, hiking up Diamond Head. Now does that sound cool or what? I've never been out of Honolulu airport but it looked beautiful even from there. The heat, the humidity, the colors. I love that kind of climate (well at least for a while, I like the change of seasons too.)

calnative, I love reading your posts. I can feel the desert heat and hear the rain pouring out your open window. Just where abouts do you live?

Yo, Dips! Where are you? Are you still in Florida or back in the Apple?

Anyone I've missed, sorry! A long post is a rarity for me but I'm resolved to be a better correspondent! Take care and good luck!

Last edited by redballoon; 11-14-2003 at 06:26 PM.
Old 11-14-2003, 09:23 PM   #182  

By the time I get home from school it seems that everyone has already been online and off again. That's ok. I really do enjoy reading the posts and getting caught up.

I so appreciate that you have let me join you. I'm really enjoying getting to know everyone.

Angie: Here's some more sun. I've seen on the news that New England was really getting pounded with the wind. Here it is very calm. It has warmed up a bit. The high for the rest of the week is between 72 and 74 with the low between 51 and 55. Today, when I left school I actually had to turn on my air conditioner to cool off the car. It was only for about 15 minutes before I got cold.

Jacks: We have no more rain in the forecast for at least another week or so. I can send some sun, though. Hope it helps. We have plenty to share.

Kempy: One thing I really like about east Texas is the green. Here, the green is kind of dull. In fact, I usually comment that the green here even looks dusty. Dust is certainly something we have in abundance.

Red: Hello. I live just west of Phoenix, in a city called Surprise. We just bought a house here last summer. I really love it because there is less traffic and the schools are great. In fact, I hope to work in the district where my daughter attends school next year.

I remember an earlier post from someone who mentioned wanting to try southbeach. What is it exactly? I haven't heard of it.

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend. I'm going to spend mine painting the bathroom. It seems I always plan to do it, but I never get around to it. Now my brother-in-law is coming to visit from Italy next weekend and I want to have the painting done before he gets here.

Cal
Old 11-15-2003, 02:00 AM   #183  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

OMG girls, I'm in Bangkok just checking in. We had a 3(?) day thing in Chiang Mai...just got back to BKK yesterday and had my first ever traditional Thai massage and faciel--ouch, but felt really good afterward. Oh yes, shopping, shopping, shopping. I must've bought 4? LV bags and a couple of Burberry ones...pirate ones but extremely well made. When I get back I'll download a couple of pics.

Sorry I can't catch up with everyone personally but this internet service is by the minute. Just had to catch up with my girls. THai food is great and I'm sure I'm eating too much, but doing a lot of walking and sweating.

Got to end here, just wanted to give a shout out to you all. Be back in hawai on Tuesday.

Sawasdee ka!

Aloha
Old 11-16-2003, 08:33 AM   #184  

Everyone must be sooo busy this weekend. I hope everyone is having a great time.

My plan to paint the bathroom yesterday went down the drain.

I had to go to the store first and, of course, I was out shopping too long. I'll be painting today.

What is everybody up to?????

Cal
Old 11-16-2003, 08:48 AM   #185  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good Morning. I did some shopping yesterday and of course I didnt eat one single dietary meal. I am starting fresh today. I ordered my screen room for my RV. It cost $500.00 seems a little expensive for a screen room doesnt it? I need it though so Rebel can be outside and not get jumped when a kid runs through our campsight. This way I can relax and not have to keep Rebel attatched to me.

Do we need to move this thread to the new support group page?
Old 11-16-2003, 01:27 PM   #186  

Noelle it is so great to hear from you buddy! I miss you. Sounds like your having a great time.

Angie a screen room! How neat. My mom has a friend at work who retired and has an huge RV and they live out of it. They go to Arizona and Florida in the winter and other places in the summer. They just love it. Do you think you could ever do that? I would love to travel in one. But I think I still would like to have a permanent house with a yard to plant flowers.

Have fun Cal painting.

Hi Red!

Well have a great Sunday. Going to try and stay OP.
Old 11-16-2003, 04:01 PM   #187  
Almost There!!!

Hey Girls!!!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! Sounds like everyone is so busy. I haven't been too much. Just trying to clean up around the house. Kel's back is still sore, but we are hoping to get out of the house today. I just got through doing my yoga routine and finishing up some laundry. We might head down to the Wedding Expo. I've got 1 yr. and 6 mos. to plan. It's coming up real soon. I hope to have saved up enough money by then. Don't want anything to big, just simple and nice on the Big Island.

Noelle!!! Hey girl...well, you probaly won't see this until you get back, but I'm glad to see that you are having a lot of fun. Man, I am soooooo jealous!!! LV and Burberry!!!! Urggghhh!!! I might just have to take a trip there for that!!! Fun Fun Fun!!!

Cal - Hope you're having fun painting. Wish I could paint my place too. My bunny has eaten up all of the moldings around our apartment. He seems to like eating paint. We thought it was the wood that he like to chew on, but when we did some touch up painting, he kept eating the new places that we just painted.

Angie - Wow a screen room!!! Sounds really nice. Yah, I didn't do to well the past couple of days. Friday I had to give in at Jack in the Box. I opted for their Chicken Sourdough sandwich but I ate all the fries. Then yesturday I ate my favorite Huli Huli Chicken. For desert I ate the Klondlike Slim Bear icecream sandwich, which isn't too bad. I'm gonna try and get back on track myself today. One word - WATER!!

Hey Julie - Hope you're having a good day too! Sorry to ask, but I never knew what OP meant!!!

Hi Kempy, Dips, and Red! Hope you're having a fun weekend too!

Talk to ya'll on Monday!!!

-Jacks
Old 11-16-2003, 04:48 PM   #188  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Julie, we are actually dreaming of fulltiming in the RV. My grandmother and her boyfriend do it with a big 5th wheel. They love it around Texas. I look at it like this ..the twins are 10 so that gives me 8 years to get everything in order and decide. But yeah, I would love it.

Jacks, Your bunny is so cute. I would love to have one but I dont know if Rebel would think it was dinner. He loves the cats but they outweigh him. I swear he actually thinks Fat cow is his mom. He cuddles her and she cleans him.

I made Peanut Butter Balls yesterday. those will be the death of me. YUM!!! I make them every year for Christmas and Jay's mom sells them at her bakery for me. They go quickly but it is hard not to nibble on them when I make them.

NOELLE< We miss you!!!!!!
Old 11-16-2003, 05:02 PM   #189  

Jacks the Wedding expo sounds fun. I went to one when I was planning my wedding. It was great to try all the samples of cake! Hope Kel feels better soon. Back pain is really difficult.

Angie you and me girl love that peanut butter! When I make my peanut butter balls I usally go overboard and make them them golf ball size of larger. They are just to die for!

I have got chicken breast frying in a pan in some olive oil right now. Hubby wants mashed potatoes and gravy. Not really low carb but I will try to stay away from them. But on a positive not I made lowfat cracked peppercorn ranch dip and cut up veggies. I just love red peppers but they are so expensive but I found some at Walmart that were pretty good in price.

Kempy are you to busy to check in this weekend? Well hope you weekend is going nice.
Bye for now ladies....Julie
Old 11-16-2003, 05:05 PM   #190  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Julie, we do think alike. I am having crispy chicken tonight too!!! I am doing baked potatoes and corn with it.

Peanut butter balls are awesome. YUM!@
Old 01-21-2004, 07:36 PM   #191  
The ever shrinking woman!

Heeeeeyyy girls! wow, I feel terrible, how long has it been? I think since September... oh, that's bad

so how are you all doing?! I see still doing well, from browsing the thread, Noelle, you are losing and doing WW, good for you! Angie, you have maintained and that's so awesome! hardest part hu? Hiya Kempy, Redballoon.. let's see who am I missing? Hi everyone!

Well I gained 5 pounds over christmas, lol. *sigh*

so I am much in need of motivation. It's probably been at least 4 months since I even touched the treadmill, unless you count moving my clothes off of it that I hang to dry

So I am back to counting points, using fitday, and excercising, starting TODAY! and to commemorate the event, I am here to apologize for my very long absence, and to gain motivation

*goes off to change her signature*
Closed Thread