Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2003, 11:33 AM   #136  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

How weird are we? We just went out and put up all of our Christmas lights. haha It is pretty mild today so we figured we had better do it now.

I do my walks around 7 or 8 in the morning. I do them around 6 in the summertime before it gets hot. It is easy to do because I go pee as soon as I get up and both dogs come in and stare at me until I say wanna go for a walk. haha. It is so much easier because by the time I figure out that it really was too cold to walk I am already at the bottom of the hill and by then I might as well finish it. Plus I am trying to walk as long as there isnt snow because last year I kicked myself in the *** when it snowed and I could have walked on dry pavement even though it was cold for a month before that.

Julie, I am EXACTLY the same way. I dont seem to get satisfied when I eat something good like sweets or take out. I just want to eat it for every meal of the day for a week straight. I wonder why we do that? I would love to have the mentality of a naturally thin person. CONGRATS on making it all day yesterday without cheating. I have already snuck into the peanut butter today. I will have to try harder today to be good the rest of the day.
Old 11-11-2003, 11:45 AM   #137  

Hey Angie think about the positives of Peanut Butter, it has the good kind of fat in it and it is high in protein so it helps fill you up! So don't feel bad. I admit since I have been trying to cut down on my carbs I will have some peanut butter on a spoon for a snack or a meal. It is so good, in moderation.
Old 11-11-2003, 12:00 PM   #138  

Hey guys. check out this site about the book I am reading. I don't know if will help but the book talks about why we bieng on thing like carbs and sugar. www.carbohydrateaddicts.com

I am sooo not having a happy day here today. I am not going to go into details just yet b/c I am trying to calm myself down. I will let you know a little later what is happening.
Old 11-11-2003, 01:43 PM   #139  

Kempy sorry hon, I hope your day starts looking up. Thanks for the website. Julie
Old 11-11-2003, 03:52 PM   #140  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Kempy, are you feeling any better yet? I am sorry you are having a hard time with your job lately. You want to come work with me?
Old 11-11-2003, 04:55 PM   #141  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

HAHAHA

Kempy, I loved that joke, One mans workout. Too funny!!!
Old 11-11-2003, 05:13 PM   #142  

Angie if I didn't hate the cold I would work with you. You wouldn't be able to get me to move from in front of the oven if I went up there right now. When I tell you I am cold natured I mean it. I get chilly when it is in the 60's.

I feel a little better. I had to call Joe and tell him about it so it made me feel better. It always helps to have him to vent to. I knew I married him for something.

We are going to eat sushi tonight for my reward meal. I am soooo ready to leave now.
Old 11-11-2003, 05:23 PM   #143  
Almost There!!!

Hello ladies!

It feels nice to have a day off. I slept in until 10:30 but now I have a headache from oversleeping. I was so good yesturday until I got home. Kel's brother was in town and so we went out with him and I got hungry so I got some sushi and edamame (boiled soy beans). When that wasn't enough - I got a plate of honey glazed chicken and fried rice at the mall. I only ate a few bites, but I know I shouldn't have eaten that at all. Man do I feel like a slump today. I'm trying to get my butt out of the house, but I am just in this lazy mood today...urghhh. I had so many things to do but now I don't feel like doing any of it - and it's already noon!!!

Kempy - definitely love that website. Lots of great info....now I know!!! I hope you are having a better day. You can come and work with me too! I'll even let you have my fat a** chair!!!

Angie - I wish I could put up christmas lights at my place. I got a grouchy old neighbor, so I'd rather not do it. I try and put them up inside my apartment but it's not the same! Yummy peanut butter and biscuits.

Julie - Good for you!!! I'm going to try and follow in your footsteps today. Except I had a little accident and opened up a bag of taro chips from the Big Island. They are soooo yummy!!! I swear that taco bell and dunkin donuts are going to be the death of me!!!

Cal - Don't even worry about the time difference. Everytime I post in the morning they're already taking about dinner!!! Don't think you're a failure either. The first step if recognizing the problem. For the longest time I denied it myself saying "I'll lose the weight next month" but every week something else in my closet didn't fit. It wasn't until I booked my airline tickets to fly back to my hometown that I slapped myself in the face and said I need to lose weight before I go back home. Find your goal and work towards that. There will be some pitfalls (like my tacobell/donut episode) but these girls will get you back on track. Good luck girlie!!! You can do it!

Hi Noelle in Bankok...hope you're having fun!!! You're missing the nice cool weather today...hee hee!

Hey Dips and Cherie - Hope you're having a great day.

Talk to ya'll later. I need to get my butt out of this house!!!

-Jacks
Old 11-12-2003, 09:36 AM   #144  

Wow, no one was here last night? I was thinking that I would get here and I would have lots of reading to do.

Joe and I watched Harry Potter last night and I really liked it. I would much rather watch movies at home so that I can be in my fat pants. I don't think it would be pretty if I went to the theater in them.

The eating plan is doing pretty good. I only did one day but at least I got through it. I am a little hungry between meals but I am used to eating every 3 hours so my stomach is growling like clock work every 3 hours now. I am drinking some serious water and tea to try to help with that. It was great though b/c I got to eat sushi and some seasame chicken plus a few pieces of chocolate and I didn't gain anything, I lost .5 of a pound. Hey, at least it is something. I am supposed to weight everyday the same way and keep a record. At the end of the week I have to average it together to see what the loss was. The book says that I shouldn't lose to quickly about 1-2 lbs a week. Which is the correct amount anyway. I will keep you all informed of any changes though.

I hope everyone is doing ok! I'll chat at ya later!
Old 11-12-2003, 10:53 AM   #145  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hi Kempy. I did bad last night. I baked 5 cookies and ate them all!! Plus some other stuff, it seems like the closer we get to going to Florida the more I am screwing up...maybe I dont want to look good, I dont know. It sure seems like I am sabotaging myself an awful lot lately. I wished I could get the same drive and determination now that I get when I hit 200 pounds and over. It seems like 200 makes me realize that I have to lose weight and when I get down low it doesnt seem as important.

Congrats on making it through the day yesterday. Good for you girl!!

Do ya think Noelle is having a blast? I hope so. Where did everyone go anyways? It sure seems like alot come and go doesnt it. At least we are always here.

I am looking up screen rooms to attach to the awning on the RV. Those suckers are expensive!! I am going to go pick one up this weekend this way I wont have to worry about the dogs getting loose in Florida while the kids are coming and going, plus it will add a little more privacy to our campsight.
Old 11-12-2003, 11:24 AM   #146  

Angie that is why I like this plan. I can have what I want to eat in my reward meal. I don't feel guilty after I eat either. I know that I have followed the plan and i am going to do ok. I ordered the other book that goes with the one I read off of Amazon for $1. I should get it this week sometime. It has a few revisions to the book. They have kept up the research over the years and have needed to tweak things.

I bet Noelle is having a great time. I know I do when I go on vacation. I just hope she hasn't shopped herself out. That would just be a crime.

Everytime we pass an RV dealer I sigh really loud for Joe to hear me. I wonder if it is working. I think those add on sreens are cool. That way your doggies can enjoy outside too. I don't think you should have a problem with mosquitos when you are there. It usually takes a few good days of cool weather to get rid of them and I think we are about to have some.

My boss just pulled his usual stuff today. I told him something that I think needs to change and he told me to make a list for him so that he can talk to the people. I gave him the same list last month and he didn't do it. AAUUGGHH!!!!! Why do I even do what I have to do? I think I just want to work the front desk again so I can do the little things here and then go home!
Old 11-12-2003, 11:57 AM   #147  

Hey Angie count me in I am here! I have been here since August I can't beleive how those months flew by. I wish I would keep losing more steadily but anyway just keep trying. I did bad last night too. I had the usual little ones meal which included chicken nuggets and french frys. Why did I do that! I guess it is called convience when I am so busy.

Gosh I sure do miss Noelle. She is really doing great on weight watchers and it was great hearing about it! I bet she is having a grand old time!

Kempy is there a specific carb amount you can have? I hope you have a better day at work. Check in later guys. Julie
Old 11-12-2003, 12:09 PM   #148  

Julie that is what is great about it, I don't have to count anything. I just make sure not to have carbs during the day and then for my reward meal at dinner Ican have what I want. the book has it esplained a little better. I do have to break down the plate I get into 1/3 and fill each third with what I want but I still get to have things like lasagna with real cheese. I havn't made it in so long b/c I din't think I should be eating it but I can have it now.

Also, on the site I read yesterday that they think it may help with SAD. Goodness know I need all of the help I can get. It was under the FAQ's section.

Don't sweat what you had last night for dinner. Just look at today and try to make it better.
Old 11-12-2003, 01:15 PM   #149  

Thanks for the reply Kempy, you made me smile! You know I might have to buy that book. Because I do good during the day at breakfast and lunch staying low carb but at supper I want what everyone else is having like spaghetti, baked potatoes and whatever else. Btw I love lasanga. I remember a couple of years ago for Easter my mom was out of town and so were my inlaws so I said to my husband lets have lasanga this year, we don't have to have the traditional ham every year. It is kind of alot of work to make but I love it. And the leftovers are great. God I am getting hungry thinking about this. Gotta love that garlic bread also!

I will have to check out that SAD section also. It is so hard hibernating all winter. Well lets just think how good we will all look next summer!
Old 11-12-2003, 05:46 PM   #150  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Tonight was bad. I made homemade mac and cheese and no bake cookies. It was a nice comfort food night though. I havent had real mac and cheese forever it seems.

I am looking through my Drs. Foster and Smith book for Christmas costumes for the dogs. HAHA I am a mean doggie mommy.
Closed Thread