Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2003, 10:23 AM   #31  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Good morning all!

Ginny! Make sure to post your success! Dont worry about the dead brain thing.. I asked Spryng the same question about a week ago! LOL!

Yesterday I had a really tough day. After posting here, I had my first migraine ever. I thought I would going blind in one eye! I ended up at the doctor who told me what was going on. She said that it could be stress, my insulin resistance, or being dehydrated, or a neurological problem. So I am now drinking even more water today and loading up on Ibuprofin because I still have the headache.. sigh... Anyone else get these? ANy advice??

Anyway.. that was my day yesterday. Today I am going to be really busy again with Daisy scouts! I need to get through this month so I can relax a bit! November will be less busy.. or so I hope anyway!

I will talk to you all soon!
Old 10-28-2003, 11:12 AM   #32  
Domestic Engineer

OK, I just had a long post and lost it-grrr. Still having problems with my computer, but I have supriseingly figured out a lot. I can navagate without a mouse and do all sorts of things on the keyboard I never knew. But sometimes it glitches out like when I'm trying to post a message! I also have funky colors and can't see what I'm typing very well, so if my spelling is bad that is why!

Karen- you poor thing! I haven't ever had a migraine, but I hear they can be quite debilitating! Hope it's a one time thing for sure! on the loss!! You are melting away! Great job and I'll bet it felt so good to clean out your closet!

Jen- WTG! You are a loser too!

Ginny- good luck tonight- I'm sure it will be good news- you've been so OP!

Michele- thanks for the sqaush recipe. DH and I both love squash! I'm thinking I might get one to add to DH's birthday dinner tomorrow night. He's requested ribs. Hope you are feeling good and taking care of yourself! Hope your girls are better too!

Spryng- what a good mom you are for keeping your photo albums up to date! I won't even say where mine end...I keep thinking I'm going to scrapbook (right) but I know I need to do something! The kids so enjoy looking at them!!

Sandy- I have the WATP videos and really enjoy them too!

Welcome Bea! I have 3 boys, 5,3 and 6 months. I'm sure you'll love it here- the support is awesome!!

I'm having a great week. Recommiteed mentally and am finally getting up and exercising before the day begins. Makes such a difference to get that done early for me. Then I want to keep the day OP!!
Better get a move on- lots to do today. I'll check in as I can and hopefully be back lots soon!!
Old 10-28-2003, 02:11 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good afternoon all!
Ginny don't worry about forgetting about my DH. I'm just impressed anyone remembers I have a DH!!! LOL. We all lead such busy lives you know. But yes he loves his job. His truck is really nice and we bought him a bunch of "toys" for it so while he is off duty or laid over he can watch movies, etc. So it really is a home away from home. He mostly hauls meat. but he did have a load of tupperwear once and a load of shoes from payless once. Oh and he goes to nabisco alot and hauls thier cookies which he loves because they give him bags upon bags to eat! He's going to come home someday at 500 lbs!! JK. But he loves the traveling and of course the pay. So I think it has turned out to be the best job for him. One he loves.
Ok so I have another question about this spaghetti squash. If you cut the squash open the "spaghetti" isn't there already? You have to create it by scraping it with a fork? And what kind of squash do I buy? any squash makes the spaghetti or a certain kind?? As you see I've never ever even seen it let alone cooked or ate it. But I am ready to try it and need all the details. (does it taste anything like spaghetti noodles in recipes?)
Karen I am so proud of you! 3.5 lbs!!! Amazing! Did your migrain go away? I've only had a handful of headaches my entire life so I really don't know anything about migrains or how to treat them. But I hope you get some relief.
Emily, I hope you get those problems fixed with your computer. But at least you are learning alot about it as you go.
Well my day has been stressful too. Starting yesterday evening my 2 yo son decided to embrace the cliche of "terrible two" he has been HORRIBLE! I don't have another word for it. he went out of his way to irritate all of us and throw tantrums over any little thing and nothing was working for him. I tried talking to him... time outs... everything, and nothing worked he continued to upset me until finally he had to go to bed. Then I thought for sure this morning he would be better... NOPE. He got up at 6 am screaming for everyone to get out of bed and woke Tanner up so everyone HAD to get up. Ugh. Then as the day goes the more obstinant he gets. Any suggestions??? I'm about to locate the duck tape and use it!!! (kidding of course) I even called DH and had him talk to him on the phone and it didn't help any. I'm about to go insane with stress over it. If I tell him no he wants to take his anger out on one of us by hitting kicking or whatever. It's got me very upset. I love that little guy but today I really wish I had someone to take him for the rest of the day. BTDT moms, any advice??
I did get my photo album caught up. I had about 15 rolls of film to put in it and now it's all current, but I have 3 more rolls to get developed so I still have more to do. But it was relaxing and I enjoyed it. I'm not a scrapbooking mom. The whole process is a little too overwhelming to me. So I just put everything in a photo album and that is it.
Well what does everyone have planned for dinner tonight? I'm making skillet stuffed peppers. It's a new recipe but I know I'll like it. Last night I tried skillet BBQ chicken and it was very tasty and only 4 pts a serving! Even the kids loved it.
Well I guess I will get off here and enjoy the peace and quiet while it lasts. TTYL!
Old 10-28-2003, 02:19 PM   #34  
soontobethin

Hello everyone,
Karen, I am so sorry about your migranes. I have them occasionally, and the tylenol migrane takes care of it for me in about 20 minutes. I take mine with just a swallow of Dr. pepper, because the caffine seems to help. Thats the only time I drink soda, though.
Spryng, Don't you love the terrible twos? My youngest ds started them when he was 1and a half, and now still does it at three. He can be downright horrible at times.
Does anyone have a good recipie for chicken breast? I am tired of baking it with rice. Just in the mood for something new.
Tonight I am taking my boys trick or treating. My moms club does a trunk or treat every year. We put the kids in costumes, go to the park, line up our cars and give out candy from the trunk. The kids really like this, and it gives them a safe way to trick or treat.
Hope you all have a good evening.
Ricci
ps Welcome, Bea
Old 10-28-2003, 05:22 PM   #35  

Ricci here is a casserole you make with chicken breasts... I think Ginny posted it a few weeks ago, but it is good and filling.

Chicken n Cheese casserole:

2 C cooked macaroni
2 C coarsly chopped cooked skinless, boneless, chicken breasts
2 C canned condensed cream of mushroom soup
2 C fat free milk
8 oz low fat cheddar cheese, cut into small cubes

1. preheat oven to 350
2. In lrg casserole, combine all ingrediants, mixing well.
3. Bake, covered, 35-45 min. Remove cover; bake 10-15 min longer. Serve immediately.

Nutrition info: 262 cal, 12.7 g fat, .6 g fiber

1 cup servings, makes 8 servings @ 6 pts per serving

Hope this helps!
Ok, got to get back to my stuffed peppers now. They are almost done, yum! TTYL!
Old 10-28-2003, 05:23 PM   #36  

Oh I forgot to add that I added sliced mushrooms to mine too and it was very good. You could also add any veggies you like. HTH
Old 10-28-2003, 06:55 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 160/158/125

Height: 5'4"

Ginny, hope you were a big loser tomorrow on your WI! Can't wait to hear!
Karen, bless your heart. My sister suffers from migraines and she has to give herself shots when they come on. Its a sight, she's 16 and had had them since she was 13 (kinda started around the same time as her tom). I'll keep you in my prayers. Keep hydrated and hope that is the problem. Oh and I had one once and used some excedrin migraine and it kicked it. Hope you will get some rest too. Let us know how you are feeling.
Jelynn, wtg getting your workout in early. That always works best for me too. Keep up the great work and thanks for asking we all seem to be feeling alright today
Ricci, I love your idea of trunk or treat. I'd love to pull something together like that in my commnity. Def. gonna put some thoughts into it for next year.
Spryng, the squash is called spaghetti squash. And the noodles are all tangled and woven inside the squash it looks like a cantalope when you open it then when you begin to scrape it with a fork the noodles break apart and form spagheti. You can ask your grocer where they are in the store since your not familiar with them. It was hard for me to comprehend the first time I heard of it too. And yeah it does taste like spaghetti with the right seasons. Sometimes I just microwave it and spray it with butter flavored pam add some salt and eat it this way. There are a million dishes you can make with it.
Sorry to hear you are entering the terrible twos. I've been there
Dd#2 is finally fazing out and entering the terrific 2's! It's a rough period. But stick to your guns and don't let him know he is getting the best of you. Thats the worst. then they learn just what buttons to push. I'm a very strict mom. So here's what I did. When the day began and Dd w on her worst behavior I would warn her, she has to settle down and bide by the rules or she loses toys and things she is attached to. If she didn't heed the warning I packed the things in a pillow slip. Certianly caused a breakdown. I would explain to her as the day went on and she displayed accetpable behavior and she would earn her toys back. I would let her pick a toy from the pillow case each time she behaved. But afternoon she generally had everything back and was pretty good the rest of the day. Thats all I have for you. I hope it helps. But in all honesty time out never worked and sending her to bed didn't either. Good luck!

As for me I've had a pretty eventful day. I went to the market and ran errands in the am with the girls. Then this evening the girls and I went to our favorite rummage. I always find the best pieces there. Today I bought 2 book cases and a bedside table and and end table all Lane brand. They need refinishing but are sturdy and will be beautiful when I'm done. I also got a few toys for the kids, and etch a sketch and some dinosaur figurines. Loads of Dr Suess books and a kids cook book, then we hit the clothing building. I found about 15 tiny outfits for the baby and 4 or five things for the girls some GIANT sweat pants for me and about 6 sweatshirts. And here's the best part... I only spent 19 dollars! I'm telling you gals. This place is the best. All the clothes are name brand carters and oshkosh and like new. She gets her things from stores that are selling out. We always have a ball. So its ben a full day but a really great one. I'm excited to get started on the furniture tomorrow all those pieces go into the girls bedroom. The only thing I will be lacking now is a toy chest. Their room is coming along fantastic! Well I need to get along and finish up the dinner dishes. Hope you all sleep well tonight and have a GREAT OP MORNING!!!
Old 10-28-2003, 07:30 PM   #38  

Wow Misty! i wish I was with you at that sale!! What great bargains! that is the king of shopping I like, lol. And thank you so much for explaining a spaghetti squash to me... sorry I'm so in the dark about it. but I think I can find one now and I got a great simple recipe for it already that I can't wait to try. Have you had any more contractions? Do you think you may actually go to term with this one? I know you said before your other two were born at 36 weeks and now you are almost 37 weeks, so I was just curious. Do you have short labors? I can't wait until you have your little boy! I bet your DH is getting excited too. The last few weeks my Dh was beside himself with excitement. It's like christmas for him!! lol.
Well my skillet stuffed peppers came out great and was so easy to make! Plus I have alot of pts left for this evening so i thinking about making a big bag of popcorn for me and the kids to snack on. I don't do that very often.
Oh and thank you misty for the advice on my ds. I don't know if taking toys away will work with him. I watched a few shows of Dr. Phil and he said you take something they "value" away and you can get them to behave. Well the thing is... he doesn't value anything. really. I've threatened taking toys away and he just goes and gets them and throws them in the garbage! He is so very stubborn. Tonight though he started in again and I put him in his room for a while and then had a nice long talk with him. I made him look at me in the eye and repeat everything I was telling him so I knew he heard me and that he was understanding what I was telling him. He is doing better now. So maybe it worked. I sure hope so. He is normally pretty good (for a toddler of course, and a boy at that) so today and yesterday was just so strange for him to be that terrible.
Oh and I have news!! Tanner rolled from his back to his belly today! he has been rolling from his belly to his back for the last two months, but had trouble getting back to his belly... well today he just worked at it and now he's rolling over! I was so proud! lol. I love the first year of their lives.. they do so much in such a small period of time and I love being a SAHM to experiance it all with them. I feel very blessed for that.
Well, got to go. Hope everyone is having a great evening!
Old 10-28-2003, 11:16 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 160/158/125

Height: 5'4"

Aww congrats to little Tanner!! I'm like you and love that baby stage.
I wish I knew something else to tell you about you Ds. Is there anything he is interested in that you might withhold? cartoons, videos... anything? Thats a hard situation. My friend is going thru it with her son and her behavior dr told her to put him in a room and shut the door and to sit outside the door but not to let him know she was there. IMO that is to harsh. But they say it keeps him from tormenting his siblings and displacing his anger on them.
I'm not sure what is going on with this pregnancy. I had contractions but just the braxton hicks the other day. I'm just begining to believe I might make it till Thanksgiving. Which is fine. But I'm concerned about how large he will be and if I'll be able to deliver natural. I'll let you know as soon as I speak with my OB about it.

Well I'm up late again. I've been washing all the little outfits I bought for Baylan and getting out all of ourwinter hast and coats to take to the cleaners. Oh and I emptied the girls sock drawers they had a million socks! We will be making sock puppets tomorrow So I guess I'll slip off to bed!
Nighters
Old 10-29-2003, 06:54 AM   #40  
burned out bus driver

Good mornin'!!!!!!!
This has gotta be short, as I am posting b4 I go out for the morning run. I had to spend my am with Leslie Sansone as it is raining here. I'll let you know how the WI goes, but I am doubtful if I will get to stay for the whole meeting. This is a tight week.

Ricci- hope you tried that chicken recipe. What a winner.......I loved it and found it hard to believe that it was healthy.

Spryng- hang in there with ds (and congrats Tanner!). You, my dear sound as if you have a strong willed child- and I agree with the advice to lock him in his room until he calms himself. He has to learn to control himself and 2 is not too early. (my Ds was just like that and that is all that worked).

Karen- never had a migraine.....hope you are feeling better! I hear they are awful.......Big hugs to you. Check out webmd's web site, maybe they have some good advice.

Michele- you industrious one!!!! Guess you are feeling better? Sounds like nesting is setting in......and hopefully little Baylor soon too. My last was the latest to be born also.... hope you are feeling good.

Emily- good for you having such a good week!!!! It has to show up on the scale......and baggy jeans!!!!!!
Gotta scoot ladies.....maybe I will be back later, but I have such a busy day- tons of errands and my Walmart run.
Have a great day!!!!!
Ginny
(Jackie, if you are out there, hope you and your family are ok- I still pray for you)
Old 10-29-2003, 08:41 AM   #41  
hangin' in there...

Hey gang.... just a quick note here..... got a busy day on tap. Taking ds for his pictures this morning, then coming home to cook/clean for the in-laws coming to dinner tonight. I've been keeping up with the posts.... just haven't been able to respond. I have had a good OP week so far, just a little light on the exercise.

Gotta scoot and hit the shower..... have a great day.....
Old 10-29-2003, 08:53 AM   #42  

Good morning all!

Well I woke up very refreshed with a.m. even though it was only 6! That is a first for me (not getting up at 6 am but feeling good too) I had a great dream last night. And I know this might sound strange but I feel like someone *special* has answered an ongoing prayer for me. So I feel really good about it this morning and feel like I know what step to take next with my life. I know I know... sounds so strange... well I'll elaborate later about it all. I have to talk to DH asap about it.
I hope everyone is having a great morning! I've got to get off of here. TTYL!
Old 10-29-2003, 10:25 AM   #43  
soontobethin

starting new thread see you there
Closed Thread