Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2003, 12:20 AM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again.....#436

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

We chat on Wednesday and Sunday at 8:30 EST, 7:30 CST.

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

WELCOME!
Old 11-05-2003, 12:43 AM   #2  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hello, everyone!

Terri: I like the "Move your butt! Close those lips! Put a smile on your face!" That about sums it up!

Mary: I'm glad you had a minute to yourself this morning to sip tea and shop!

Katrina: Looks like you got through a good portion of your list. That's great! It was a pretty big list. Looked more like one to accomplish in a week, not a day!

Andria: What election judges are you cooking for? Are you doing some catering now? You never said if you had gone any farther with that ambition of yours.

Barb: I'm glad you're feeling more UP about being on track. Good for you!

Duckie: Good for you not going back over that 300# mark. You still have a significant loss under your belt (or OUT from under your belt, if you will) and that's a MAJOR accomplishment. Glad to see you back. Sounds like your life is a crazy merry-go-round like all the rest of us.

Lucky: You poor thing! That power business keeping you up all night. That's funny that your doorbell goes off everytime the power goes back on. Electronics, can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em.........oh heck, that's what they say about MEN.....sorry!

Suzie: Good to see you, girlfriend! Forget the tail between the legs bit, just jump on board. We all have our moments. You're still showing a significant maintainence weightloss! Just hold your head high and keep moving.

Had to take Max back to the vet today. His eyes were not doing any better at all. She really worked him over and found an ulcer on his left cornea. Now we have antibiotic drops that have to go in 4 times a day. Let me say that he is one unhappy kitty! YIKES!

I've gotta get a couple more job reports done and then I'm off to bed. See you all later. Love ya bunches!
Old 11-05-2003, 07:37 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

I started out yesterday morning with the A/C on in the car because it was so humid. When I left work, there was a frigid wind blowing and it was just darn cold! I'm having an off week bodywise. I feel sluggish and unenthused about exercise. TOM should be skulking in here anytime soon plus sleep has been elusive this week. DH got a cold more than a month and a half ago and its still bugging him. He's left with this spastic cough that comes over him and he's coughing up crap. Well, he had three separate coughing fits in bed last night which I do not get to sleep through. I think I yelled at him at 4:30 that today he better call his damn doctor. Why, why, why are they such dopes about going to the doc or just taking the appropriate meds consistently enough to get better? Has anyone had this kind of cold and have any suggestions on what to take for him to get rid of the sinus drip that causes the cough?

While I haven't been gung ho about exercise this week, I have been keeping control of my food. I'm still well within being OP on that. I guess though my week has only been two days!

2Cute - My heart is definitely with you this day.

Thin - Poor Max! Hope this works for the kitty. Sounds like you're doing a little better with getting life back under control.

Duckie, Sara, Susie - Hello!

Kat - 2 hours on the bike! Good for you!

Barb - on hitting the gym again and regaining the strength of being headed in the right direction again.

Everyone else, have a great day!
Old 11-05-2003, 09:44 AM   #4  
BELIEVE!

Good Morning Ladies!

Off to a great start here today - got in an hour at the gym, a healthy breakfast and now I am getting ready to work. Today is an at home day. A good day for it - it's foggy and rainy and suppose to get some rain storms later today. Then it's going to get cold. Brrrr. We'll not as cold as some of you. Hopefully it will be a little longer before we have to break out the snow shovels.

Sara --- I'll be right there with you working on the 20 pounds by Christmas!!! It's going to be tough, my weight loss has really slowed down lately, but I am still working at it!

Michelle --- Great job on the grades in your classes! That stinks about the catch 22 that financial aid puts you in. I know you'll find a way to make it all work!

Lucky - I also color my own hair. I haven't had a problem with it. I don't drastically change the color, it's more to cover patch of gray I have. I use Herbal Essence (I think that's what I used last time). Never ended up green. I always avoid the colors with "ash" in the description. Those make me think "green" for some reason - I think my mom had a problem with one. I use "Light golden brown". Let us know how yours turns out.

Terri - Your weekend away sounded wonderful! I would like to get hubby to do a quiet weekend like that. Everythime we take off for somewhere he wants to be on the go all the time. I come home more tired than when I left. This June will be our 10th anniversary. I'd like to plan something special for it.

Thin - on the loss this week! Thank you so much for the card. It's always a special day for me when I get them. Always adds some sunshine to the day.

Mary - You reminded me that I should start thinking about Christmas shopping. Every year I say I am going to get it done early and then every year I end up waiting till the last minute.

Kat - You have been one motivated chick lately! Keep up the good work!!! How's today's list of goals shaping up? You know you need to sleep now and then, right?

Andria - Sounds like you've really got it together lately! It makes it so much easier to plan the day's food and pack it up - that's what I do too! At least I am trying to get back to doing it! Amazing job resisting all the tempations you encountered yesterday! I'm so proud of you!

Duckie - Welcome back!! I'm glad you didn't forget about us. Only a couple months till your trip! You can lose the 20 pounds you set as a goal!

Susie - Welcome back!!! I am so happy a few more gals are coming out of hiding! We are always here, good or bad times!!! Stick with us!

2cute --- I am thinking about you on this difficult day. My heart goes out to you.

I should probably get some 'real' work done!

Catch you chicks later!
Love,
Barb
Old 11-05-2003, 10:16 AM   #5  

Morning Ladies,

Sounds like most everyone is busy and doing well.

Barb, talk of snow sounds odd!! it was 83 here on Monday! It has rained and is getting a bit cooler. Hope you have a productive day at home

Terri, aren't car woes just the pits???? Hopefully the rest of your day will look better to you!

Thin, and Andria, Tina, Sarah, Mary, and all the rest of you chicks, have a healthful day.

Doing some major remodeling in my bathroom! I have lived here for abt 9 years, and it has been in its current state for about 6 of those years!!! We took down wallpaper (then), and did a bit more, and it just stayed that way all those years!! TALK ABOUT PROCRASTINATION bUT, THAT IS CHANGING NOW. i HAVE STARTED SCRAPING PAINT ON THE WINDOW, TRYING TO GET IT TO NATURAL WOOD, AND HAVE PULLED WHAT I THOUGHT WAS PANELING OFF THE WALL, ONLY TO FIND IT WAS ACTUALLY JUST THAT CHEAP SHOWER BOARD!!! SO, FILLING IN HOLES WITH CAULK AND APPLYING DRY WALL MUD, IS A SLOOOOOOOW PROCESS, BUT I CAN SEE THE POTENTIAL THERE, FEELS SO GOOD TO HAVE THE STAMINA AND STRENGTH (AND INCLINATION!!!) TO DO THIS AGAIN. IT IS HELPING ME TO FEEL SO MUCH BETTER ABOUT MYSELF, GIVING ME A SENSE OF ACCOMPLISHMENT, FOR WHICH I AM VERY GRATEFUL TODAY!!

okay time to stop rambling....positive thoughts coming your way that you all have a great day/

2 cute, you are in my thoughts today, love and hugs to you honey

sw 356.0 June 5, 2003
cw 306. something, I will just say 50 gone!!! my shoes and clothes surely account for the extra ounces right????
next goal: lose 75 by 2/29/04
next goal:lose 100 by 6/05/04
final goal: 135ish (July 2005)

bye gals
Old 11-05-2003, 11:11 AM   #6  
Falling, but fighting...

Default DAY 1

Okay, so it is just 11am here, but I have made it through breakfast and snack, and yes, I am still OP!!! I haven't touched the chocolates or even the granola bars. I had a healthy breakfast and a filling snack and lunch is just a few hours away and I am having a nice salad that I made this morning. I have consumed approximately 45 ounces of water so far, and still going. I did 20 minutes on the bike this morning and have my aerobics class tonight (1 hour).

I just wanted to check in and say good morning, and thanks for the good thoughts and welcomes.
Old 11-05-2003, 01:55 PM   #7  
BELIEVE!

Darn it! My post just got zapped! I know, I know, I need to copy it before I hit submit just incase!

I need to get back to work so I'll try again later!
Barb
Old 11-05-2003, 03:15 PM   #8  

Good Day Ladies,

Lucky I think were having the same kind of weather you are, it's being snowing on and off and It's cold -14C today. Have to let the car warm up before jumping in it weather.

Went to TOPS last night, and I think I will really enjoy this group, they do alot of challenges and have lots of prizes, they also have this cute little owl teddy, that gets past around, and once a week someone gets to take it home, it comes with a journal, and you can read every one's entries, and then you add your own entry in the journal, and read it at the meeting. Alot of good information in this book, I can't wait till it's my turn to take it home. I also weighed in and I lost 4.75lbs Doing the happy dance here, Only 15.25lbs left to lose before Christmas. It will be done

We had kittens yesterday, we have a cat at our work to help keep the mice away, our office is pretty much in the middle of a field. She had 6 kittens, some thing else to distract me through out the day. Every time I take a bathroom break I have to check in on the new mother. My dog is also pregnant, I told my mom the other day that she may be babysitting more than one dog when we go away for Christmas time. Wasn't to thrilled

Well I better get back to work, I'm falling behind on my invoices, and people are calling looking for their money, catch ya later.
Old 11-05-2003, 07:30 PM   #9  
Syn
ONE BITE AT A TIME*Loser*

Hey Women,

Seems like there is a lot of motivation going on with all you gals! Me too, I feel that I have a much better attitude going on...Today I went over a bit for the first time since Friday....I ate some*quite a few* extra crackers with Thin' s chili recipe.... I felt guilty for awhile and then I rememberd the flex points...we shall see what the dreaded Friday weigh in shows! Do you think the made me go on a cracker binge???

I am kind of hit and miss about responding to individual posts and I do apologize for that frequently...I do read the threads every few days and would be lost without each of you and your candor and stories of how you deal with food temptations...

2cute: I miss your wisdom and wit in here , know you are thought of often and in my prayers...

Wanna hear something very silly? I dropped my land line phone in my recliner seat...couldn't find it and when I did I couldn't reach it...short fat arms is my problem..... So I tipped that dang chair over, and proceeded to destroy the swivel part of it so now my chair is kinda up in the air, I can't move it up or down and I can't reach the blasted phone!!! So if I can't fix the chair myself, I will have the carpenter that is stopping by tommorow to put up my mantel fix it...boy do I feel stupid!! Hope the chair is fixable...

Anyway love to all...
Old 11-05-2003, 08:17 PM   #10  
Falling, but fighting...

Just popping in to read posts. Today went ok. Could have been better, but I ate a little too much turkey lasagna. I think my exercise took care of the extra though, as I did 20 minutes on the bike this morning and one hour of aerobics this evening.

Congrats to Duckie on the incredible loss. Terrific!

Well good night all. Tomorrow is another day.
Old 11-05-2003, 09:44 PM   #11  

Sara Setting a goal of 20 lbs by Christmas sounds scary for me. I know if I don’t lose fast enough I will give up SO, I would like to just do is use 20 lbs as my target. Using the word goal seems to set me up for failure.
BUT I don’t want to miss an opportunity to be a loser with “our champ”.

Mary, I will have to remember to remind you when it’s MY birthday. You are a good giver!!!!

Tina, when you are done at home you can come up here to the cold north and help me clean.

CONGRATS 3.5 POUNDS GONE Thin, Dusty sends his sympathy to Max!!! (meow)

Andria you sure are doing good. It does make it easier when I get everything prepared and ready ahead of time. I always get my lunch ready the night before. Mostly because I hate being rushed in the mornings.

Barb, PLEASE send some of that 74 degrees my way!!!

Duckie, 4.75lbs CONGRATS to you !!!!! I love the WATP’s tapes. I am getting tired of the comments on the tapes so I try to watch TV news while I keep another eye on the WATP’s routine on a different TV.

Susie, welcome back. This place is like a family. You can leave but you always come back.

I have an appointment to perm my hair on Wed the 12th. Then I will see what they say about coloring my hair. If my hair were perm free I wouldn’t hesitate to try coloring it but since it’s does have a perm – I worry. I will ask them questions and see what their advice is and if they don’t think it will cause trouble to color it I will do it myself. Is it hard to get the color even? I have shoulder length hair and everyone WARNS me you need help to get all the hair covered.

Will have to weigh tomorrow to report on my Christmas progress.

Last edited by LuckyLadyBug; 11-05-2003 at 09:47 PM.
Old 11-06-2003, 01:15 AM   #12  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

Wow, am I tired. Had to think for a minute and actually look at the calendar to remember what day I'm on. Day 5! Stayed OP today. One thing I'll have to remember is to pack more meals for the days I have evening meetings. It was planning and zoning tonight, and I don't leave the office. So, ended up going from 2 this afternoon until almost 10 without food. Thank goodness DH was ready for me. He had a chicken breast all ready to go on the grill and served it up with some steamed brussels sprouts. I was about to eat the paint off the walls. Didn't help that I was seated next to a box containing crackers, cheese whiz and licorice all night. It was left from the election judges yesterday. We had great voter turn out, btw. Was 56%!

Thin asked if I was moving forward on the catering biz, and I am still making baby steps in that direction. Doing things like the breakfast helps get word out. I'm working on a dinner December 3rd that is exactly the style I want to do (or at least I think I do?). I'll have to tell you all more about the menu when I'm conscious enough to give it a good write up.

I think I have a cold. It has been sneaking up on me all day, and I'm nearing miserable right now. Going to head to bed. At least it is showing up on what looks potentially to be the last day of TOM. Yeah, trying to find a silver lining here.

See you all tomorrow!

Andria
Old 11-06-2003, 07:22 AM   #13  
BELIEVE!

GOOD MORNING!!!

Sorry, that's all I have time for at the moment!

Old 11-06-2003, 07:45 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Good morning!

Finally a good nights sleep last night. I gave DH a benadryl and he slept through the night without any coughing fits. I had already made up my mind ONE of us was going to be drugged last night!

But I still didn't feel like exercise this morning though. On the flip side, I have three excellente food days going. I either have a small cold or else its allergies/sinus that are bothering me. I was freezing all day yesterday so I'm not sure what's up. Other than it was just dad blame cold.

I bought some hummus and mini-whole wheat pitas at the store last night. I'm going to try that at lunch with some pepper cheese and olives. I'll have my salad along with it. I'm being extra viligent because I have WI this Saturday and then I'll have one right before I go to NYC and I really want the 10% at that next WI. Enough that I might even stay OP faithfully (isn't that a novel concept? )

Anyone see Dr. Phil's nutrition show? Very good I thought. Does anyone feel that WW is backtracking on what they are teaching about nutrition? For years, we had to check off the boxes and make sure we had a balanced diet and then when they went to the points system, that wasn't the main focus. Sure they had a section in their material or a special week, but they didn't really talk that much about balanced diet. Just eat what you want and stay within points. Now with all the low-carb, they are coming out with more materials on nutrition. I wasn't really happy that our leader a couple of weeks ago trashed the South Beach diet - I wanted to tell her she needed to do more homework because it isn't anti-carb. It also seems that with WW they are focusing on their tool (points/flexpoints/winning points) rather than permanent learning so that you don't have to use their tool. That's how they'll keep making money. I'm sticking with it though this time until I make lifeitme. Oops. Sorry for the ramble this morning.

Tonight is the meeting on the NYC trip. Then I'm stopping by where my SGD works, Fashion Bug, to see if there are any clothes that I must buy at her 40% discount.

We're having the couple over tomorrow night that has been teaching us the last year for the discipleship class. I'm making lasagna and salad. I'll be doing a mad dash to clean house and cook tonight too. I'm kind of concerned because she's allergic to dogs and while Bear will be in the garage, I want to make sure my house doesn't smell like dog. Everytime someone comes over I say..."Does my house stink? You have to tell me if the house smells because I can't smell"....usually its family I do that to so they'll be honest.

I better get my rear-endus in gear. I'd rather stay home today and clean (and snooze).

Have a great day! :

Last edited by Terri in MO; 11-06-2003 at 07:48 AM.
Old 11-06-2003, 08:21 AM   #15  

Greetings Girlies,

Going to get my 2 mile walk in, (before I talk myself out of it!, me do that???? why Never Darlin'!!! (okay, you know I have the tendency to procrastinate!!! (to say the least), soooooooo, I will check back in with you gals in just a bit,

OKAY, I AM GOING I SAID!!!!
Closed Thread