Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2003, 04:27 PM   #1  

Default Anyone live in Sonoma County, CA?

Hello all, I am just starting out on this website and I wanted to say hello...
It's been about 3 weeks and I've been 'weighing' all of my options for starting a weight loss plan, and to be honest, I am sick of it! I am sick of wondering what plan will make me lose the quickest, which will be the easiest to stick with, which one won't make me go insane.
I spent all last night asking myslef what I was doing?
Finally coming to the conclusion that I am not going to 'diet' anymore - that's it, I am DONE!
I believe that we ALL know how to eat well, some of us just choose to actualy do it. I think you have to be pretty dense if you think a cheesburger is better for you than say grilled chicken. I realize that portion control is a problem for everyone - have you actually seen a single portion of pasta????

My life has been full of dieting - at least since I hit my high school years. My most signifigant weight loss was using slimfast. I lost 85lbs. in 6 1/2 months...it was great...except that I gained it back (plus 20) after only a year and have been trying to loose it ever since...some off, some more on....enough is enough!
Besides slimfast, I have tried WW, South Beach, Body for Life, starvation, low carb, low fat, thin patch, pills, raw food diet, etc.

So, I am done dieting...

Take for instance...yesterday I had a wonderful day of eating -
For breakfast I had fruit and a peice of toast, lunch was some cold meats, cheese, and a small salad, for a snack I had some more fruit and some almonds, for dinner I enjoyed a field green salad with cucumbers, tomatoes, flaked salmon and a small amount of light balsamic dressing...I was so satisfied and feeling good!

You know, I don't have problems with overeating salty foods or bread...my BIG weakness is ICE CREAM -
I have to rid myself of eating sooooooo much ice cream. Another weakness - exercise - I NEED a buddie who likes to walk and get moving!

I don't really know what the point of this posting was supposed to be...I guess I just needed to vent a little...oh yeah, and I wanted to see if there was anyone from Northern California (Sonoma County) who wanted to be buddies...weight loss buddies and walking buddies?

Just looking for a little friendship and support-

Have a wonderful day and keep on going-

My daily motto:
Awareness - Acceptance - Determination
Closed Thread