Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2003, 09:34 PM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again...#431

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

We chat on Wednesday and Sunday at 8:30 EST, 7:30 CST.

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.
Old 10-25-2003, 10:24 PM   #2  
BELIEVE!

Thumbs down

Hi Again!
I am so glad that you are enjoying our pictures from today! It will be great when more of us get to meet and share more pictures together! I am so tired tonight. I was just watching ER from Thursday and fell asleep on the couch. At least I get an extra hour of sleep tonight! I guess the girls wore me out with all the shopping today!

I have to ditto what Michelle and Kat have said! They are both wonderful, wonderful women! We had such a good time today chatting and shopping and looking at men! I can't wait until we can get together again! Christmas shopping sounds great! Did I hear the Mall of America?? Sounds good to me - that place is a shoppers paradise. I've been there a couple times when I have been out there for work, but have never given myself enough extra time to see much of it- that could take days!

Kat - All the talking we did today and we never mentioned Survivor! I was also hoping for Jon or Osten to have their flames snuffed. Jon is wearing on my nerves with "Jonny Fairplay" and Osten? What a baby! Why did he ever try out for the show - surely he had watched at least one of the prior episodes and realized that they usually require swimming, lack of food and encounters with creatures!!! However, I did like the way things were switched up a little and the sneaky one was kicked off! I'm so glad "Hagrid" is still with us! It's about time for a merge - wonder if they'll mix things ups this year!

Thin - Thanks for popping in and starting a new thread. Now stop back and let us know what's going on with you!

Lucky - If only we had been able to catch that guy in time to get his number. Next time we'll try a little harder for you!

Mary, Mary, Mary - That was a teaser of a post! Whatcha up to???

Allrighty gals, I am going to call it a night! Have a good one!!!

Don't forget to set your clocks back!!! And, don't forget to watch for me at the EAGLES game tomorrow! Yep I managed to get tickets off the vendor I manage at work! Let's hope for a great weather day, like today!!!

G'night All!
Love ya!
Barb
Old 10-25-2003, 11:46 PM   #3  

Barb, Barb, Barb WHY didn't you call me. I am a Mall of America expert. I was there opening day and hundreds of times after that.

I lived across the street from the Mall of America the first 8 years it was there. Now I live 2 1/2 hours away but still consider myself an expert.

I used to run over there just to pick up a magazine!!!!

I can get you through there in a day, if you don't dwadle!
Old 10-25-2003, 11:49 PM   #4  
Dancing those pounds away

WOW !!! What a day I have had.

I had a great LAST day of garage sales. I hardly have anything left to donate.
I had a great night last night, a great afternoon and great evening with my granddaughters.
I had to miss a lot of my football game ... but well worth it... to have my grandbabies combing my hair and dressing me as a princess. LOL
My beloved O.U. SOONERS won again. !!!!
Life is good !!!

I will try to get to everyone tomorrow. I am just tooooo excited tonight to concentrate on others.
I hurt from head to toe. I need a good nights rest. Doing a garage sale wears me out... having my grandbabies overnight and all day wears me out... but put them together.... LOL

Good night ladies... I am off to bed. I will read in the morning.
Old 10-26-2003, 12:11 AM   #5  
Michigan Old-Timer

Evening everyone! If you're reading this and haven't seen the pics at the end of the last thread, please go back and take a look, they're GREAT!!!

Honey and I worked a 'showgirl' job today. Just trailer checks. Honey wanted to see Scary Movie 3 so I humored him. It was STUPID!!! I slept through most of it, I was so impressed. He, of course, liked it! MEN!!! I really wanted to see Out of Time with Denzel Washington or Runaway Jury with Dustin Hoffman, Gene Hackman and John Cusack, but NO we couldn't see something with a plot!

Dr. Phil has already pi$$ed me off! I'm in the middle of the first chapter and he says he's the guy that can fix me right up. Well, I'm sorry, I don't care if you think you're God and you CAN fix me up, don't come off like that! (reminds me of somebody that used to post here) I won't give up on him just yet, I'll give him a little bit more read before I throw the book away. I don't mind the tough, tell it like it is stuff, just the "I'm the be all and end all" type of thing. We'll see. The jury's still out!

Michelle, Barb, Kat: WOW! Those pictures were great! I'm soooo jealous that we all couldn't get there. Multiply your experience by 4 or 5 and that's what it will be like in the Spring at 2cute's. Can you imagine? I'm sure you all talked and talked and talked. Imagine 8, 10 or 12 of us trying to do that all at the same time.

Michelle: It didn't hit me until I saw the pics that that's the first pic we've seen of you. You kept promising after Christmas cards last year and when I looked at my "wall of fame" guess who wasn't there........until now.

Connie: Good to see you. I think you need to get a computer at home so we can see you more often.

2cute: The garage sale sounds like it went great! Good for you. They are so much work! I used to have one every Spring. We would pack up the "good" left-overs and add to them the following year for another sale. Finally, last year and this year we gave them up. Not for lack of junk, mind you! I just get sick of setting up, taking down AND sitting for several days getting nothing constructive done.

Mary: I'm glad you're getting your closets cleaned out. If your house is anything like mine, getting hubby to do his part is like pulling teeth. I keep nagging, but it doesn't help.

J-ann: Good for you vowing not to get too stressed over all the company. I kinda know how you feel. I love to entertain, but once everyone is here I just want to sit and enjoy and not wait on everyone, and certainly not clean up all the mess.

Lucky: OMG, I do that too! I get to cleaning and get everything organized in piles (like on the bed) and then Walla, the closet or dresser is clean and I turn around and it's all on the bed. (and of course I'm tired and it's time to go to bed). I had to laugh when you pointed out the guy in the truck way in the back of the picture. Did you see the movie Bringing Down The House with Steve Martin and Queen Latifa? It was funny in that Steve Martin makes a date with Queen Latifa who he has met over the Internet. When she comes to his door, she isn't the person that he thought she was going to be from her picture. Here he thought she was the reporter in the foreground of the picture and she was actually the perp being led away in handcuffs in the background of the picture. Figures you'd notice the guy in the van!

Terri: Congrats on the loss! 4.2 is GREAT! I guess I'm stupid, but what's the "Liberty Plan"?

Well, girls, I'm outta here. After midnight and it's time for me to set the clock back and go for that extra hour of sleep tonight! See you tomorrow (oops, later today )

Last edited by thinthinker; 10-26-2003 at 12:16 AM.
Old 10-26-2003, 12:15 AM   #6  

Thumbs down GREAT PHOTOS !!!

WHAT GREAT PHOTOS !!!
I decided to take a few minutes and read before going to bed and found the photos !!! What a nice surprise !!! I forgot all about them coming today.

YOU GUYS LOOK GREAT !!!! I smiled from ear to ear just looking at them. What lovely ladies. You can "feel" the positive energy that surrounded you.

Lucky... I too noticed the person in the background.
But I thought it was a "woman". LOL

Barb.. thanks for posting them for us all to see.
Okay... NOW I am off to bed. LOL
Old 10-26-2003, 12:23 AM   #7  

Thin... you posted while I was posting. LOL
Once again ... we are so much alike. LOL
Dr. Phil often makes me mad with his sense of "superiority" attitude.
BUT !!!! Don't lose the wisdom of the message because you don't like the messenger.
I am going to "look for " what can help me... and keep an open mind.
I have not boght his book yet... but I will.
Old 10-26-2003, 02:23 AM   #8  

Hi!!

I'm just lurking again. Not much to post about. I've just been a busy bee. I'm trying desperately to create organization out of chaos in my house. UGH!

Just wanted to say hello to everyone.

Also, I loved the pics on the last thread. Maybe someday I'll figure out how to post one of my own.

Anyhoo, I'll talk to you all later. I'll be lurking around.
Jen

256/185/145ish
Old 10-26-2003, 09:41 AM   #9  
a work in progress...

Default Good Morning, chickies...

I have SO much to do today! Since I missed a day of cleaning, (due to events chronicled here, complete with photos!) I have to get moving! I have closets to clean out, not to mention my hutch, AND the backyard to finish raking and bagging...so I can fill up the monster dumpster sitting in my driveway!

In other words, this will be a short post!

Thin...I'm with you on ol' Dr Phil...his message may be good, but I'm a little turned off by his sense of self-omnipotence! He's just a wee bit too egotistical for my liking!

2cute...I'm glad you had such a good day...sale-wise and grand children-wise. I hope that pictures of YOU, dressed up as a princess, will be available at our Spring Fling!

Barb...Have fun at the game! The Jets should be easy to stomp! good grief...Have I turned into an Eagles fan, simply by living with one? Re: Survivior: Hee hee!!! That was great! That smug Trish had NO IDEA that she was going down! Gotta love that Savage in his Halston jacket!

Lucky...
Quote:
I used to run over there just to pick up a magazine!!!!
? Did you come OUT of there with just a magazine? I would feel like the time it took me just to park and fight the crowds would have to be justified by a large expenditure of cash! Can you tell I don't like malls? Of course, with you as my guide...I KNOW it would be fun!

Jen...Good to hear from you! Pop in anytime...keep us updated. Your numbers are looking good there, missy!

Okay, I'm outta here...I know if I go back to the last thread, I'll lose this one, so I'm not even trying! Hi to everone else, come on out and post!! It's a new week...a new beginning...time to re-dedicate ourselves to our healthy new lifestyles!

...and time to work off that slice of peanut butter cup pie that someone, who shall remain nameless, forced me, at gunpoint, to eat!!!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 10-26-2003 at 09:47 AM.
Old 10-26-2003, 09:58 AM   #10  
You and Me in 2003

Here I am
I have been to Mall of America several times I love it.

I thought my computer had died this morning I nearly freeked out. I guess it is time to start looking for another one.

Today is the 1st anniversary of my Grandmothers death so I am semi here.

Hope to catch some of you at chat tonight.

Hello to all of you and hugs
Old 10-26-2003, 10:43 AM   #11  

GIRLS!! YOU ARE SOME MORE POSTING CHICKS!! lAST TIME I WAS HERE JUST A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO WE WERE ON 429! NO TIME TO READ NOW, HAVE TO LEAVE FOR WORK IN ONE HOUR. HAD COMPANY ALL WEEKEND. BUT IT WAS FABULOUS! WELL CHECK IN TONIGHT WHEN I GET OFF AROUND 7PM...I LOVE YOU ALL
Old 10-26-2003, 11:52 AM   #12  

Good Morning ladies. Hope you all remember to reset your clocks.
I remembered .... but did not do it. LOL I am TRULY a procrastinator.

I guess I lied last night to everyone. I promised to come back and reply to everyone this morning. BUT... I just don't feel in the mood. LOL
It is 58 degrees here... and I just feel like being outside while the weather is so nice. I love fall. Cool and crisp... turning leaves... the sounds of rustling dried leaves in the breeze. I just can't stay and sit and read for an hour or more. "Maybe" tonight when hubby is in bed.

Sooooo, that confessed... I am going to go out and enjoy fall before winter sets in and keeps me homebound. I hope you all enjoy your day too.
Old 10-26-2003, 12:50 PM   #13  
I'm on my way!

Kat you had peanut butter cup pie? Shame on you! But walking up and down that red brick road for a couple of hours surly burned some of it off eh??

Barb...its a beautiful day to be at an Eagles game! We are the crazy ones here with tickets in December!! I can hardly wait!

2Cute...talk about procrastination! How many times in the past few days did I say I have to get off here and get those 20 discussion questions and 2 essays done before midnite tonight? Yup....me...and do you think they are done? Nope...my nickname is Last Minute Michelle....I do my best work under pressure!

Teri...NYC...I would be willing to hop on the train with someone and go to the big apple!

Pam...where have you been for the past few days?

Lucky....I would have to drive to that Mall....I don't like planes! I would have to take the truck too...because I wouldn't be able to fit all my wares from shopping on the plane! I would have to pay extra seats!

Thin I did take some pics of me and Andrew I even printed them up from the computer on that shiny photo paper...but I HATE having my picture taken so I hated those pics and gave up!

Mary...Mary...just know we are all here for you!

Jen your stats ARE looking good!! Someday mine will be too! But someone...who will remain nameless had that gun pointed at us during lunch and you know how good those peanut butter cup pies are with chocolate ganache on the top!!

Ok where's our girl TINA! Our little Football MOM!!

I guess I really SHOULD go get that test done and emailed to my professor...I also have to participate in two threaded discussions from both of my classes. I have to post at least 3 times on each one and there are 4 total!

So...TTFN....Michelle
Old 10-26-2003, 01:03 PM   #14  
BELIEVE!

Just a quick Hello! No time to talk right now - we are on our way to the train station - decided to take the train/subway to the game so we don't have to hassle with traffic!
Talk to you all later!
Have a great day!

GO EAGLES!!!
Old 10-26-2003, 01:46 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hi ladies,

This will be short. I've got laundry and bills to work on plus moving a small storage cabinet so that I can move in the bigger, nicer one that DH finally finished. If I get that moved, maybe I can convince him to complete the other one.

I had a good visit with mom yesterday. We didn't accomplish anything because it rained all day long. We were inside all day. Food was so-so. I stayed long enough to go to the Fire Dept chili supper which I asked her to remind me next year that I don't need to do that again.

I'm also getting caught up on all the stuff I have taped - including Survivor and CSI. Right now, I'm going to watch last weeks "Carnivale" Does anyone else watch that and have you figured it out yet?

I would love to meet any and all of you in NYC. I'm going to have to sit the SGD down and have her show me an itinerary or something so I can know what is planned and if we have any fre time. She may not know herself but then again she's 16 and hasn't caught on to being aware of things yet.

I talked to DH last night about OK in April. He said I could go if I get down to 220. So that's my incentive.

Okay, I have to get moving. Too many things to do and not enough time.

Have a great afternoon!
Closed Thread