Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2003, 09:43 PM   #31  

FATPUSS...THANKS SO VERY KINDLY FOR THE COMPLIMENT ON MY WEBSITE. ALSO, FOR SIGNING THE GUESTBOOK. IT IS A TREASURE FOR ME TO HAVE. YOU ARE ALL SUCH VERY SPECIAL FRIENDS.

HAVE A GOOD EVENING.
Old 10-20-2003, 11:17 PM   #32  

Default THANKS, EVERYONE FOR THE WELL WISHES!!

I stayed home from work today because I felt so lousy.
I've been running a low-grade fever (99.6 to 101) and my head hurt so bad by this afternoon, even walking outdoors hurt my eyes. Bad-colored stuff from my chest and nose. I have just wanted to sleep all the time.
I went in to the DR this afternoon and she put me on something called Dexamethason. It's a steroid for my throat and respiratory tract. It was 5 little pills that I had to take all at once. With milk. Plus she put me on the 5-day regimen of Zithromax antibiotic. 2 tablets today, then one a day for the next 4 days. It keeps working for 6 to 10 days after you finish it.
I have infection in my bronchial tubes, my throat, my ears and my nose and sinus'. Geez! Talk about a sick puppy!
She put me off work for this week.
I took the steroid 4 hours ago and I can feel the effects starting already. I'm sweating like a butcher, have pulled the blinds and taken off everything but my panties and bra and turned the air conditioning on. I'm slugging down water like there's no tomorrow, but that's alright because I don't want to dehydrate with all this sweating.
She told me to drink warm fluids in the evening to keep things loosened up before bed time, and said I should take nyquil when I go to bed. Every time I cough it feels like it's tearing from deep in my chest to my throat, and my head feels like it's going to explode, even feels like my eardrums are bulging out.

That's enough damned overtime for me. It wears me down too much.

Hey, I even exercised today before I went to the DR. Twice! I could only do it for 15 minutes the first time, the WATP tape, and a half hour the next time. It made me sick at my stomach the second time. She said don't do that for a few days.
Geez! First I undress, then throw a blanket over myself!
Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

I started my personal journal again. Not just for foods and exercise, but for EVERYTHING. How I'm feeling, what I'm thinking about, who pissed me off, what I think I can do to change some things, .....

Charlotte, and you too Sheila, I admire your strength so much. I don't think I could take a chronic, painful condition. I'm too much of a wuss.
Sorry to hear that you've been having hacker problems. Do you know someone who is pretty good with a computer who would do that to you and your sister? I'm not computer savvy at all. I'm lucky I can navigate around the internet.
Sorry to hear the RA gave you a bad day today. I guess because I'm not sick that often, I wonder how you withstand it, knowing that you're going to be hurting and sick at any time.
Glad you're all snugged in for the winter. I know it must be difficult though.

Puss, have you asked a DR about your thyroid? Sometimes that can cause hair thinning. Of course, it might be a different hormone problem too, or, ... do you have any male pattern baldness in your family? It doesn't affect women as often as men, but, it CAN affect women too.
Oh Lord! I could never have the stomach stapling! I have such a huge appetite that even if my stomach had been reduced to a couple ounce capacity, I'd still try to force a pound of food in there and be sick non-stop! Some people can get their minds in a place where the amount of food doesn't make any difference to them, but I know I wouldn't be able to do that. Probably because I'd be afraid I'd have to feel hungry again as in childhood. Strange what our minds can do to us, huh?

32 years with the same man! Congratulations to you both! Sounds like you had fun this weekend. Good for you!

Your story of the male author was a real knee slapper! I got a real good visual on that one!

Bluet, no fear here with any gastric bypass surgery, and the article I put on here is still in the trial stages. It doesn't sound as though it's as drastic as the surgery.

I guess I have been a bit depressed. I guess I'm probably ALWAYS a LITTLE depressed, but, I come out of it after a while. But, you're welcome to come to Minnesota if you want to. I can always use some company.
That's so good of you to give your daughter a break. But, somehow, I get the feeling that you did that as much for yourself as you did for your daughter. Those grandkids are sure a lot of fun aren't they? I've always said that they never leave but what they leave a precious memory with you.

SunnyD, thank you for the get well cartoon. It's adorable! Hopefully this medicine will knock this junk out of my body in a couple of days.
Your furniture is beautiful! Don't feel bad about the windows. I took my balloon valances down over a year ago when I painted, and I still don't have them back up, or new drapes bought either. All I have up are my blinds. Lazy, I know.

Sheila, I sure hope that those teeth stop hurting. I had a cementoma on a molar and the oral surgeon cut away some jaw bone to get the tumor out and that was a year ago. Now, from this sinus infection, it feels like there is pain in that tooth that isn't there any more. Weird! Are you really going to wait till Wednesday in pain?? Man, I'd have been on the old horn the next day saying, "give me relief!"

You make me want a new home, ... or at least a different one.
But, seeing as how I'm as poor as a church mouse, (there goes that word again! ) I guess I'll be stuck here in my little old, ancient cracker box house till I die. But, that's ok too because It's just mine and I'm comfortable.

You are so cool! Watching the football games with Dad. I bet he LOVES it. Even with falling asleep.

My Dad used to go hunting with my boys right up until the fall before he died. He was 80 years old and still went coon hunting and deer hunting. The last year, the boys said " You stay on point Grandpa, and we'll drive these woods and chase the deer out to you." Well, when my oldest son chased a big buck out, he didn't hear any gunfire from Dad, and when he got out to where Dad was, the deer tracks went within just a few yards of where Dad was, and Dad was fast asleep!

Don't let your daughters lack of communication get to you too much. I know it's really hard, but, they take good care of them. They work their butts off, but they get fed well and any medical needs are taken care of right away. They are so busy the first 6 weeks that you'll be lucky to hear from her more than once or twice in that time. Probably her first communication to you will be a quickie phone call. Oh gosh, this brings back memories from when my son went in.

Jacquie, are you doing ok? Recovering from that vacation still? Miss your posts.

I better get off of here. It has taken me hours to write this. Lots of trips to the bathroom. I know, too much info!

Everybody have a good night. I hope I didn't miss anyone.
Old 10-21-2003, 02:00 PM   #33  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Angry

SHELIA ~ These are for you since you enjoyed the last pic I thought I would brag about the others I have...

Here is a picture of the two brothers (1 1/2 yrs old)
GUIDO & ZEPPE (He's the one you have seen already)
Old 10-21-2003, 02:03 PM   #34  

Angry

And here's DOMINO my 8 year old...
Old 10-21-2003, 02:15 PM   #35  

Angry

WILLOW ~ Good to hear that you got some meds... sure do hope you begin to feel better real soon.

I am glad you liked our new furniture. You just cannot believe how comfy & cozy it is ~ it will be great this winter. Okay, I won't feel bad about my curtains... I think it's great that I am not the only one who took her cutains down and never put any more up I just don't want to till I find the right ones and colors. I am satisfied that I have the blinds for privacy right now.

ANGEL ~ You changed your picture??? When did you do it? Cool...

Hello's to everybody!

Forgive me for not addressing everyone right now, but I haven't been feeling too well today and so I am going to go take a little nap before I have to get ready for practice this evening.

Take Care everyone!

PS>>> Would you all hold my Mom, Jeannette, in your prayers... she is having shoulder surgery tomorrow morning. I am so concerned for her and hate being so far away. Thanks so much!
Old 10-21-2003, 03:15 PM   #36  

Default Consider it done, SunnyD

Many prayers sent up right now for God to guide the surgeons hands. Take care.
I have to quickly shower and go get a haircut. Can't cancel again! I look like a sheep dog!
Old 10-21-2003, 05:35 PM   #37  

HI Everyone,

The accountant has just left and I have that job done for another month, what a sense of relief. It is almost time to go home from work, so I don't really want to start another project today. The accoutant hales from Minnesota and is a huge Viking fan. I had to listen to how the Minnesota Vickings were going to whoop the Green Bay Packers in the Dome in Minnesota. He's lucky I have a sense of humor.

Yesterday about mid morning I started to feel really punk, my stomach became upset, I got a horrific headache and a stiff neck all of a sudden. I didn't eat much last night, was very careful , my stomach is better today, but still have the headache and stiff neck. I hope this is gone by next week, we are scheduled to get our flu shots here at work and I can't get one if I feel ill. I would have stayed home today, but I had to run payroll and the accountant was coming, so here I am.

SunnyD, your home looks so well appointed and comfortable. You have excellent taste. What some healthy looking kitties you have, they are really pretty. My DH always calls the cats on the farm his "Meese Patrol" The ones that are good mouse catchers are treated rather royally by him. Extra treats and stuff. Gotta have those cats on the farm you know. Extra special prayers and thoughts for your Mom and her surgery, she will be fine. Lovely graphics too. I am not even going to try graphics way too complicated for me.

Puss, I never get to do those neat things, like going to classes with authors showing up. Our community is too small I guess. I can tell you really have a blast no matter what you are up to. I would have probably been astounded if I had been there and the burley guy showed up when I thought a woman was suppose to show up, no telling what would have popped out of my mouth, you know me. And you lived in Scotland at one time, I am so jealous, I was just watching a movie that took place in Scotland this last weekend. It took place on a horse ranch, rains there a lot it seemed, but the actors were impervious to it. A blacksmith was shoeing a horse and it was pouring down rain, and he continued to shoe the horse and have a discussion with the horses owner just as if the sun were shinning and he had all day. We Americans are always in a hurry, I think.

Charolett, I am confused about Bounty Tissue, do you mean Bounty Paper Towel? At first I thought you were talking about Puff Tissue, they have a nice smell to them. Do you know that Puff Tissue if accidentally left in a pocket and the garment is wash will not shred all over the washer and garment. My Mom told me that and it works. Last night I spent an hour scooping up Asian Bettles out of the windows again. Still haven't firgured out how they are getting into the house. Anybody have any ideas? I went to your website, but forgot to sign the guest book. Thank you for sharing, now when you talk about your co-workers, I have a visual, that is so neat , that makes knowing you so much more personable. I wish your house was done, I worry about you.

Shiela, I was getting a little concerned about you, so glad you posted. Your Dad is lucky to have you and DH. It is neat that you share a common entertainment such as sports. My DH taught all our girls to like sports, baseball, football, basketball took them to a lot of games when they were young. Now they always have something in common to talk about. They also share a season pass for two to the Green Bay Packers. They have their little meetings and their shared parking pass and their lottery each year before the season starts to see who is going to what games. Not me though, I am not going to go sit on a snowy aluminum bleecher in the freezing cold to watch a football game. I do watch them from the comfort of my recliner in the family room though. Willow is right, you will probably get a hurried phone call from DD, and then perhaps a letter. They keep them really busy, you know the military thing they do, "break them down and them build them up the military way". She is fine, just a lot on her plate right now. Thanks for sharing a Dad story.

Willow, man you are really sick. Thank you so much for going to the doctor. Now at least you will be on the mend and get that infection out of your system. What do you mean your as poor as a church mouse? Willow, you are rich in so many other ways. Your are gifted as a person, who posts wonderful articulate messages. You have so much compassion, it is quite obvious with the things that you share about how you deal with your family and nighbors. I am sure you are a super co-worker, you sound like a lot of fun. You are brilliant about a lot of topics that you share with us. And on and on, it is a pleasure to call you friend.

Well it is almost time to go home, I am going to take my sore hurting body home and maybe rest awhile. I am half way through my latest book, there isn't much on TV that I like, so I might finish the book tonite if I am not too tired.

Take care all of you

Bluet:
Old 10-21-2003, 06:45 PM   #38  

I am soooo tired, have been reading until 0130 for the last three nights and up at 0700! I never dared to say I was tired to my father because he would always say "and were you reading till all hours last night?" I would just hedge the question and he'd say "then I have no sympathy, it's self-inflicted and the remedy is in your own hands" I miss his so black or white solution to everything, bless him.
Willow - I am glad you are now on medication but your condition sounds pretty grotty, no wonder you are feeling low. You make me feel guilty exercising in your condition when I never do any at all ever. Thanks for the help but I had my thyroid checked last year and it was normal. My mother has thinning hair but she is 20 years older than me and her hair was always straight and fine and mine was always like wild mint as she so aptly used to put it.
SunnyD - your puss cat standing (Guido?) he looks a little like my Alfie, so cute your three moggies. I have asked a friend who is very good on prayers to pray for safe delivery of your mum. My daughter has recently spent two months shadowing an arm and shoulder surgeon and believe me, they were all successful cases - they know so much more now in that field than they did even a couple of years ago. The ladies here are also good on prayer - my cat was at death's door recently and he has amazed his two vets with remission.
Angel - I was thinking of your website in work today, it reminded me of a little haven, peaceful and tranquil almost like a little garden of rest if that doesn't sound too morbid. I am glad you and DH know each other so well and can read the signs when you need shoring up by the other one.
Bluet - I hope you are well over you illness now, do you think it was a virus? The UK has been flooded with some evil virus lately, lots of work colleagues have had it. I am going for my 3 months blood donation tomorrow and I think the number of people will be quite low compared to usual because, of course, you can't give blood if you have been taking meds or had a virus within a couple of weeks or so. I LOVE your DHs name for the cats, Meece Patrol. I always call them Micky Meeces too! I lived in Aberdeen in Scotland just a half hour drive into the highlands and the Cairngorms where they have a ski resort. As for the rain, it ALWAYS rains in Scotland, that's what the English say, anyway. And Aberdeen is way up on the North East coast and gets bitterly cold winds off the North Sea. Pity really because they have a lovely beach which is wasted up there, ha ha.
Sheila - how's the tooth now? Are you still waiting till tomorrow to see the dentist? When is your next acupuncture appointment? I hope you have heard from DD now but the young ones are not so good at writing because they are more used to email and text messaging from their mobile phones. My son seems to get text messages off the world and his wife when he is home yet he has never been known to drop a few lines in a letter yet!
Well, it's 11.40 pm and if I am to finish this Brad Meltzer book tonight I better get up those stairs. My mother is spending more time with her widowed sister lately and seems to be holding it together more. I think the real reason though is she can't stand her new psychiatrist and I think he feels she is not genuinely depressed just controlling. Whatever the reason, she is holding up longer this time than she ever did with the gentle one who retired so perhaps this style of therapy is what she needed. I am not holding my breath......
Old 10-21-2003, 09:56 PM   #39  

Default Hello again, ...

I feel a little better tonight. I haven't done anything today though except sit on my butt and rearrange my favorites list and deleting a bunch of sites that I never go to anymore. I like to keep like places together. The sites I post on all in a row, the medical sites in a row, the recipe sites in a row, .....
I do the same thing with my money in my wallet. I have to have all the ones together, all the fives together, then tens, then twenties and so forth, and all the heads have to be facing the same way. It drives me crazy to see people with their money all mixed up.
Same thing in my closet. I arrange my tops with lightest colors first, then darker and so on. All have to have the fronts facing to my left. Drawers too. older undies to the left, then newer ones, then regular bras, then sports bras, ....
Book shelves have to have all informational books on the top, then recipe and weight loss and herbal on the next, then historical on the next, then murder and serial killer on the next, .....
But you should see how the rest of my house gets. There is only me here so it doesn't get messy, but I don't dust or vacuum as often as I should, and my dining room table is a catch-all for mail that I don't want to look at right now, .. but I HAVE gotten better about pitching most of that stuff into the trash as soon as I get it out of the mail box.
Right now my computer desk is, ..... littered. Guess that's a good job for me tomorrow.

I went for my hair appt. today and I hadn't been in for a couple of months. I usually go every month. The girl who does my hair has been going through all the fertility regimen because she was unable to conceive because of endometriosis. Well, after 3 years of all that, she went in for the harvesting and insemination, and during the ultrasound a different DR was in there and he stopped the process because her only ovary was behind the uterus. They sent her home, and the ovary was so enlarged with the eggs that it twisted and she ended up back in the hospital for 4 days, and the short story is that she will never have babies. I started to cry. Her husband is adopted, and sooo wanted to have his own family. She said "that's ok. I'm strong about this, and so is Dave." (Her hubby) They are now deciding if they want to adopt or have another woman use her husbands sperm to have a baby for them.
She had this done 3 weeks ago, and she was sick yesterday with a sore throat and sinus. But, ..... she started to pass out when she was in the shower, and quickly got out and layed down on the floor till the nausea and dizziness passed.
Wouldn't that be something if one of those eggs had floated around in there and the fallopian tube snabbed it up and brought it into the uterus?? She said she had her period just after she got out of the hospital though. But, ... still, ... you never know!

Anyway, that's about as exciting as my life got today.

SunnyD, I sure hope you're feeling better after your nap. Geez, maybe we're all going to get this crud I have. I sure hope not! I wouldn't wish that sore throat on anyone! That steroid is working wonders. It's a little sore today, but not so painful.
Those cats of yours are about the healthiest looking I've ever seen, and very well groomed.
Have you heard yet how your Mothers surgery went? She's been in my thoughts today.

Sheila, how are ya doin'? I just have kept thinking, "Oh that poor girl, to have to wait until Wednesday to get relief from tooth pain!" Hope it went away.

Bluet, so ya had to put up with one of those tiresome Vikings fans, huh? Well, HE'S sure brave, in the middle of Packer territory and bragging up the Vikes!

Oh Gosh, girl, if you've got a headache and a stiff neck, be very watchful of a fever setting in, and if it does, get thee to a Dr quickly. Especially if it hurts your neck to try to put your chin on your chest. that's a symptom of meningitis.

Thank you so very much for all the compliments. Right back atcha too. The only problem I'll have now is trying to get this big head through the doorways.
I feel the same way about all of you girls too. You're lovely people and I'm glad I've met and become friends with all of you, even though it's through cyberspace. Who knows, maybe some day we'll all get to meet. But, I'll be meeting you next June at any rate, Bluet.
You get yourself doctored up and get comfy in bed early and hopefully the rest will fight off whatever you've got coming on there. Have a good night.

Puss, I used to read in bed like you do, but, since I need to wear glasses to read, and with the CPAP machine and mask, I can no longer do it, so, I watch tv. I set the timer on the TV to shut off in 2 hours and that's how I fall asleep every night.

Along with our prayers for Alfie, I'm sure your loving care was as responsible for his remission.
In nursing school they taught us a little about the loving touch and how healing it is. Even in patients who are comatose, they did studies and discovered that if you keep your hands about 3 inches from the patients body and slowly run your hands over the entire body, the patient responds. People, and I suspect animals too, can sense and feel love from nearness.

You have lived in so many interesting places! And beautiful places!
I've hardly ever been any place. Maybe some day.

Well, I suppose I should close this for now and see what's on the boob tube. I never watch tv so I don't even know what's on.

Hello to Charlotte and Jacquie and anyone else out there. Stop in and say hi. Everyone is welcome!

Everybody have a good night.

Last edited by willow_1; 10-21-2003 at 10:02 PM.
Old 10-21-2003, 10:54 PM   #40  

Hi everyone....been a long, eventful day. Had drs appointment early this morning. He was very happy with the weightloss! 42 lbs! Got my flu shot. Got fluid pill...even my soft socks make my legs swell! But, to sum it all up...was a pretty good report. This is my general practitioner.

Then, met with one of my daughters, Trina, & we went shopping. This is something I hardly ever do anymore...not usually able. Felt pretty good today! DH wanted me to buy my Christmas present I asked for...suede jacket. My jackets were all stolen. (had a few!) Still have Leather coat, & so does DH. But, I needed something to wear with pants & jeans. Love the jacket! Found a couple of angel, of course. Other friends who hadn't been able to come to the Angel Shower had given me money to pick out what I wanted...that's fun too! I've also received more angels...lost count now. So, back to my day...bought Trina a new outfit...she's just started back to church...so...wanted to help encourage her. Bought her 2 pair of bell-bottom hip-huggers...oh, & bought myself identical to hers. (I can't help it...she insisted!! ) I can remember the days when she & her twin sister, Gina, would beg me to stop wearing them! How times change. Anyway, finally got home around 6 pm. DH beat me home...but didn't complain. I'm tiiiiiiiiiirrrrreeeddd!

Willow...take care of yourself. As far as chronic pain...we just don't have a choice. I've not known any other thing for about 20 yrs now. First with back after car wreck...now with RA. I'm not brave or strong...just don't have any choice, but to deal with it the best I can.
We do have an idea, unfortunately, who may be going into our computer. They're not a real enemy. Just someone who has a problem. I know she had an issue with her mother loving me. She was a very sweet person & thought the world of me & I did her, also. She passed away a couple of yrs ago. I think she was jealous of my relationship with her mother. I wasn't around her that much, so I really don't know why. I wasn't going to push her away, though. I loved her & needed her....never had a real "relationship" with my mother. (long story) Don't know why she would do my sister that way, unless it's to hurt me. Also, her mother thought a lot of my sister. We do know she is knowledgeable enough to do it, & know of times she did things. It's sad, really. I hope I'm not accusing falsely...just pretty sure it's her.

Fatpuss...thanks for the compliments on website. Your words were a real encouragement. That was exactly what I was trying to do with the site. Make it a pleasant place for people to visit.

Bluet...I'm so sorry. It's not Bounty...it's Bounce (for the dryer) I don't know why I didn't notice what I was saying. I wonder if any of you spread Bounty around. I DO use Bounty towels...because my daughter is an engineer at a paper mill that makes Bounty. I guess I just had them on my mind.
Don't worry about our house situation. We're ok. My main concern is my feelings about all that happened. Some day we'll have a remodeled house & can replace furnishing, etc. I don't know if it will make me happy, though. I never have cared that much about all that, as long as it was "livable". It has all just effected me...I'm having a hard time. It's hard to explain. I don't have hatred. I do have hurt from watching DH work alone on the house most of the yr, when he has such a large family...all of whom he has helped so much. I know we shouldn't do for others & expect in return...but...yes...I expected some help from family! I don't have any family to really speak of. My mother & step-dad (unable, of course) my sister is married to DH brother (I won't go there!) I still love them all...but, I'll always remember things "not" done. Also, the theft...I don't hate the thieves...don't really have any feelings about them...figured it was for drugs. But, can't stop the grieving. I didn't care that much about the house, I cared more about the content. Almost everything I had represented something. When we had birthdays, anniv, Mother's Day, Father's day, etc., we would buy one large item to represent all. So each yr, (sometimes twice a yr) we bought something we really wanted...& was nice enough to last. We had a bedroom suite from the week we were married 35 yrs ago. I just don't know how to handle it. Or, how I'm going to live with new & different things in my house. Sorry, I didn't mean to go on & on.
I don't know how to stop those pesky beetles. Maybe try Bounce or Bounty?! They're bad everywhere, though.

SunnyD...I came across that angel & liked it...so put my name on it! Think it was yesterday. Hope you feel better.

Getting late...gotta go...Have a good day, tomorrow.

Last edited by Angel-lover; 10-22-2003 at 07:04 AM.
Old 10-22-2003, 02:55 PM   #41  

Default Better today, ...

I woke up at 4:20 this morning and couldn't get back to sleep so I watched TV from bed till 6 AM then got up.
I feel a lot better today. Still some congestion, but at least my head and throat are getting better.

I made myself an egg McMuffin and a hashbrown cake for breakfast, and it tasted very good. I made it on an oat bran english muffin, and the canadian bacon was low fat too.
I bought 5 loin pork chops the other day that were preseasoned, and I don't know what all spices they seasoned them with, but I grilled one on George today for lunch and it was yummy. Grilled all of them and put the rest in the fridge for future use. Had a salad with this one for lunch.
Guess I'm gonna have a can of chicken and rice soup for supper and add some fresh veggies to it.

I felt well enough to get out in my kitchen and do some cleaning. Tsk, tsk!! Messy. I needed to wash glasses and silverware, and clean the fridge out and clean the sinks, .....
I feel better now that it's done.

I'm going to ride my exercise bike for a while this afternoon.

My youngest son is 34 years old today. I called him at 7:30 this morning, and he had already been to the health club and worked out and was back home getting the 2 boys ready for school. When I called his wife answered and I could tell I woke her up and felt bad about it until she said her alarm would be going off in 3 minutes anyway. I asked him what he was going to do today, thinking that he would probably be going out for dinner tonight or something, but he said he's going to clear out some weeds in the back of their yard, then he was going to school to have lunch with their 9 year old son. How's that for a cool Dad?

My granddaughter sent me an e-mail yesterday telling me that she accepted a position as a manager with a cosmetic company starting next week. She graduates from college next week. Anyway, she will be making a pretty decent salary, with excellent benefits, but, in the meantime, she needs some money for groceries for the next week or so. I had to laugh. I'm very excited for her and proud of her. I sent her a check and some stickers for her to put her name on her groceries so her roomies don't eat up all her food. I want her to have good nutritious foods and lunches for work so she can do a good job.

Charlotte, I sure wish I could get into hip-hugger bell bottoms again! Good for you! Congratulations on that wonderful loss!

I feel so bad for you with all the losses you've had and not receiving the help you need with the work on the house.

Do you think that woman might also have gone and taken your stuff out of your storage unit?

Hello to everyone else out there. Hope you gals are feeling better Bluet and SunnyD. Sheila, how's it going with the dentist? I pray you're pain-free.

I better get to my exercise bike before I get too comfortable here.

That rabbit looks like he's doing something, ...... personal.
Old 10-22-2003, 04:12 PM   #42  

Hi! Just wanted to let you all know that my mom came through her surgery okay and they are saying she can go home sometime tomorrow afternoon.
Thank you so much for your prayers!

! Now to vent ! My father has been home for the last 4 hours and didn't place a call to anyone, but my brother to let us know how she's doing! Ugggggg! What waas he thinking?! He was just happy to be home and didn't think about calling anyone - he frustrates me so much sometimes! Here I am worried sick about my Mom and he doesn't even bother to call - he's like "no news is good news, right?" --- NOT! He should have called me. When I call he doesn't always answer the phone, so I had to call my sister - and she lives across the street and she had not heard from him or my brother. Well anyway, now I know she is okay and should be home tomorrow. I also got a hospital phone number from my sister that I can call now. I was so concerned... I hate being so far from her. Here we have cell phones, reg. phones & the net and nobody in my family communicates!

Thank you so much for giving me a place to vent this.
AND FOR ALL YOUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS!
You all are so kind!
Thanks again!
Old 10-22-2003, 10:44 PM   #43  

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! WILLOW...I DIDN'T THINK ABOUT THAT RABBIT LIKE THAT!!!! RECKON I SHOULD TAKE IT OFF????? I THOUGHT IT LOOKED LIKE IT WAS EXERCISING!

No...I don't think it was that woman that stole our things. That's not her style. She's sneaky with technical stuff. Things she doesn't think others will catch on to...but we're catching on! We think it was someone needing money for drugs. But, are suspicious it was someone who knew it was there. It would have taken a very large truck to carry it all. Looked like they came prepared...for ours only. I don't think she even knew we had anything stored, anyway. We have a couple of suspicions...but can't prove anything. Just gotta try to get on with our lives.

I'm so very glad you're feeling better...you had me very concerned! Yes, I bet you would like those jeans! They sound more like your style than mine, anyway. I didn't look too bad in them, though, for 54! Trina (my daughter) says I don't look my age...if I don't dress my age! Kids...they're never pleased!

SunnyD...glad your mother came through surgery ok. Hope you are feeling better.
I've had a couple of good days! Feels so good! I was up at 4:15, Willow. Just woke up ready to start the day. DH is down in his back pretty bad. Went to chiropractor this morning.

Hope all have a good evening & good Thursday.

Old 10-22-2003, 11:35 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Willow, you're so bad! I looked at that rabbit and just thought, "Oh, there's Thumper from Bambi." Now that you mention it. . . When I was in college taking a class in mammals, I learned way more than I ever wanted to know about rabbits. I'm glad you're feeling better. That sounded like a pretty tough bug you caught. Worse than the Asian Beetles!

SunnyD, I'm so glad your mother came through the surgery. And how frustrating that your Dad didn't call anyone but your brother. You would think he'd realize that everyone in the family was
waiting for news.

Puss, I'm glad that Alfie is in remission. It's all that tender, loving care and tuna, I'm sure.

Charlotte, I can't see the last couple of graphics you posted. All I see is a red X. Does that mean you were posting X-rated graphics again?? Yikes, up at 4:15 am--you must be feeling great! I know when I feel good, I really want to go out and get stuff done, although I definitely don't start at 4:15 am.

My tooth has gotten better so I didn't call the dentist. I can sort of chew on it, and it's down to a very dull ache so I think it'll be okay.

So does acupuncture stand for "accurate puncture?" That was my DH's question when I told him I had my second accupuncture treatment today. I have to say, my neck did feel better, but maybe that's because my hand and arm where she's sticking the needles hurts so bad that I don't feel the other pain. If you're squeamish about needles, don't read this, but she also moves them around, which I can only take for a few minutes before I tell her to stop (okay, make that "yell" rather than "tell"). I felt better for several hours afterward so I guess I'll continue. I certainly don't look forward to it. I don't look forward to massage either except that I really like the masseur, and he and I talk the whole time. There are silent massage therapists and talkative massage therapists, and I always tell mine that I want them to be talkative because then it doesn't hurt so much.

Well, DH got the mail, and came into the house and said that we had proof that our DD was still alive. The Navy had sent what he thought was her paycheck, but it turned out she had applied for something and they were sending her confirmation. I'm on letter No. 7 to her, and wondering if she's going to get teased because her Mommy is writing to her too much. I'll have to ask her that in letter No. 8! It's been two weeks since she called us from Illinois to tell us she'd arrived safely. I'm really, really hoping for a letter this week!

Hope everyone had a great Wednesday. I'm looking forward to the weekend because I'm spending it with friends at their beach house on an island in Puget Sound. Should be fun!
Old 10-23-2003, 06:56 AM   #45  

Morning Sheila...everyone else is asleep, so I'll talk to you. Willow IS bad, isn't she?? That's how we know she's feeling better though...I like her feeling better!

Last two graphics???? Ex's????Are you seeing ex's?????? Just kidding....don't know why you can't see them...I can. You may need to refresh your page. I find, also, that sometimes everyone's graphics will do that from time to time & come back.

The last two days, I've done very well...had more energy than I have in a long time. Wish I could bottle it! I've been getting up from 2:30 am to 4:30 am for about a yr now. I just wake up & can't go back to sleep. I get up & put on coffee & get on pc. DH says I can't live with this little sleep...but, I am! I've tried going to bed later...dr has given me meds to help me sleep. But, I take too many meds already & they make me "drag" the next day. Usually, after several days, I'm exhausted & sleep til alarm goes off. Also, when I get my Remicade treatment, I'm loaded down with Benadryl, Zertec, etc., so I sleep most of that day. I guess it keeps me going for 6 weeks!

I'm glad you at least heard some word about your daughter. I wouldn't worry about the amount of letters sent. She is probably VERY glad to get them, & a little homesick. When you're in an unfamiliar place, it's always good to hear from home. I'm sure others are getting letters, also! Maybe she'll have time to respond soon.

Glad the tooth is finally getting better. The acupuncture sounds interesting. I'm very used to needles, so they don't bother me. Of course, I understand about the "moving them around". My veins are very tiny, so I'm usually stuck several times when getting lab work or treatment. It's ok, til they go to probing around! I'm sure it's different...but still a needle, huh?! Hope it helps you.

Gonna go get breakfast started...hope you have a good day.

Willow...if you're there...good morning!!!!

Last edited by Angel-lover; 10-23-2003 at 07:00 AM.
Closed Thread