WEEK-AT-A-TIME CHALLENGE #5 -- for week starting Oct. 13

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to

• Hello, everyone, this is PART V of the One-week-at-a-time challenge. This is a challenge in the spirit of the 21-Day challenge, which I'm still continuing as well but. . .

I wanted something else, something short and sweet, where I can buckle down and go all out on and yet still come up for air before I burn out. So, I want to start up a ONE-WEEK CHALLENGE. Here, we'll look at the week as a whole, which also means we have room for slipups and unexpected evenings out, or whatever.

So, unlike the 21-dayer where you commit to doing something every, single day for 21 days straight or have to go back to START and count over the One-Week-at-a-Time challenge is going to be about things like saying; I will go to the gym 3x this week, or I keep my calories to a total of 14,000 for the week, or I will not eat anything after 6 p.m. 3x this week. So, if you want to eat 14,000 calories one day and fast for the next 6 fine! Or, you can go to the gym three days straight and then flop back and do absolutely zilch for the next four.

This way of attacking things will allow you to customize your challenge to suit yourself, allow for tortoise types and hare types to do their own thing AND means that getting back after after a fall doesn't mean you've lost any ground at all. It'll inspire that crucial element of success -- the POWER TO PERSIST!! I think it'll be a great motivator and great source of empowerment!!

SO, come on!! If you're interested please jump aboard and tell us your plan for the week and then keep us posted with progress reports and tell us when your goal is accomplished, be it early in the week or at the end. I'll do this starting Monday and wrapping up Sunday night of each week.

Hope to see you! PLEASE, join me!

• RECORD BOARD
    This space is reserved for our challengers. I'll write your names and challenges here and the date you've completed your challenge for the week and update it as we go along. I'm going to start a new thread each week but carry this data over so you can see how many challenges you've done.

• My goal this week is to stay O/P all week. Small and simple this week. Just for the record, I did succeed in all of my one week at a time challenges this past week. Yay!

Lisa
  • My goals for this week are simple as well.... Yoga 5 times, No eating after 7 everyday, and iron horse everyday. I am upping my iron horse to 10 reps of 20 twice a day as well.... Have a great week eveyone...!!
    Lisa... hope u feel better soon....

Sandy
  • My goals for this week is crunches again. I want to do 100 crunches 3/4x this week. Only concentrate on one thing. I did succeed on this weeks challenge too.

Good luck to us all!!
  • My goal this week will be to do aerobic exercises 3/4 times this week. Drink a lot of water, and do some free weights the days i dont' do aerobic exercises
  • I'm new to this challenge but i'm starting a low carb plan and need some incentive. My goal will be simple this week, to do exercise 5 days (any exercise). The exercise is always the hard part of the equation for me. especially after working 10 hours each day (i'm hoping it's only temporary).
  • My goal
    Well, I will still keep my duel cardio goal of 4 times this week and my pilates/abs for 5 times this week.

I will have to go back and check my goals for last week to see what I had said, but I think I failed because on Saturday, I was taking care of a sick daughter and didn't do any exercise at all. :-( Does housework count? Hahaha.. anyway... Good Luck everyone hope this is a great week for us all!

Cherie
  • Yes housework counts as exercise!! Your working just not out...LOL But I count it as exercise... if u work up a sweat and get your body moving u r exercising...

Sandy
  • My goals for this week are:

1. Cardio 3-4x
    2. Weights 2-3x
    3. No sweets

Welcome no_way_but_up!

Have a wonderful day!
  • My workout goal is to push myself a bit further areobically this week. [Did I mention I love my new treadmill?!!!]
    My food goal is to faithfully count calories and keep it at or below 1500 this week.

I'm feeling really good about this week----for all of us!
  • OK...I had such a busy weekend I never got to check in at all, and I been busy all morning with work.

Anyhow, I did meet my mile walk 3 times last week. (YAY) This week I want to do it four times and I want to drink a minimum of 64 ounces of water each day. I used to drink water and only water, but for some odd reason I quit and started drinking more Pepsi again. I want to start getting back to 80 ounces, but I know if I start with that, I'll spend the whole day int he restroom...LOL

So...that's it. Walk one mile 4 times this week and drink 64 ounces of water per day.

Grats to everyone who met last weeks challenges and good luck to everyone this week.

Shell
  • I really enjoyed the challenge I participated in, even though I wimped out last week.
    So for next week, here are my challenges:
    1. Drink at least 48 oz of water
    2. swim at least .25 mile of laps at least 3 times this week
    3. Eat O/P, which will be for this week, no white bread, sweet desserts, at least 3 servings of fruits or vegetables, reasonable portions
  • Last week I made my goals and I think I will again try to do:
    1. Total Gym 3x week
    2. Make healthy lunch for work 4 out of 5 days
    and add this:
    3. No sweets this week

Good Luck to everyone!
  • I had a good Monday! Walked 4 miles on the treadmill, did 30 minutes of strngth training and 100 crunches.

Faithfully counted calories today and ended the day ay ay 1180 calories, and I'm stuffed! Lots of food. I normally end the day at 1500 or a little over.

Already have my food planned out for tomorrow too. It's always interesting to see if my plan matches the reality!