Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2003, 09:45 PM   #16  
I Can and I Will

Hello Ladies!! Just finshed my last set on the iron horse... did my yoga and stayed under calories... i lowered them to 1600... i want to see how it goes. Hope everyone has/had/is having and successfull day! LOL Take care of U

Sandy
Old 10-13-2003, 10:56 PM   #17  

Height: 5'1"

Angry

Hello ladies-

I just finished doing my crunches. And I'm sore!! Felt good to do them though.

I look at everyones goals this week and I feel like a wimp!! I'm only concentrating on one goal while most of you have two or three!! Maybe next week I'll add.

Anyway... day one a success!!

Take care ladies

Marti
Old 10-14-2003, 05:05 AM   #18  

hey all,
just checking in. yesterday i rode my stationary bike for 25 minutes before going to bed. Today i want to get some weights in.
Old 10-14-2003, 09:08 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning Ladies!

Well, yesterday was a good day. I did my duel cardio, and got my pilates in. I am back in the ballgame now! :-) This morning, I have already done my pilates, and have my clothes to change into for this afternoon to go work out!!!

no way but up... WTG on the bike riding!! Hope you get the weight session in today!

Sandy.. GREAT JOB!!! You are working so hard!

Eydie You get a GREAT JOB too!!! And I am sure you will stick to your plan!! Always easier that way instead of winging it!

Marti.... you are a powerhouse girl!! Keep it up .. you are gonna have that flat sexy tummy soon!

Hi Shelldawn, Kristasmom, Butterfly and Allthatjazz

Good Luck this week!

Ok.. time to go back to work! Take care!

Cherie
Old 10-14-2003, 09:59 AM   #20  

Default *discouraged*

How do you keep on track for the rest of the week when you've already failed your goal so early?

I didn't get all my water in yesterday...in fact, I barely got ANY water in yesterday. I was so dang busy I just didn't think about it. So, I guess I will just do my best to drink drink and drink the rest of the week and get my walks in despite not meeting my complete goal. Maybe I can at least work my way up and get used to water again and get off of soft drinks. Anyhow, just me checking in.

to everyone working hard this week.

Hiya Marti and Cherie (sorry, those are the two names sticking out in my mind right now) and a big big howdy to everyone else. I'm lousy with names...hehehe...I'll have to add a new one each week...hehehe

Shell
Old 10-14-2003, 10:00 AM   #21  

Went to the gym this morning and did 40 minutes on the elliptical. We didn't get there until 5:30, so I couldn't do any weights. We're going to try to start being there at 5.

Everyone seems to be starting the week off great. Have a great day!
Old 10-14-2003, 10:35 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Default It's ok Shell...

Just the fact that you are trying is sucess! What do you do during the day?? I work in an office, and I keep one of those big cooler glasses filled with ice water, and I drink on it all day long. I got myself off the cokes and now I limit myself to about one a week. It's very very tough, I know.. but you can do it. I am lucky because I love water, but I do understand if you don't what an adjustment that can be. I have read several articles about water and what it does for you, and that made me a bigger believer in getting as much in as possible... if I come across them, I will post them here and maybe it will inspire you too!!

Anyway.. just wanted to say keep up the great work, and keep trying! You can do it!

Hugs,
Cherie
Old 10-14-2003, 10:36 AM   #23  

Height: 5'1"

Angry Morning ladies!!

Good Morning ladies-

I've already done my crunches. I took a look at my gut and thought "There is so much work we gotta do, that I'm going to work you overtime!!" Yeah, I talk to myself!!

Shelldawn- You haven't failed at all! It's only Tuesday and you put down that you plan on getting four days in of walking. The water..... I think you should maybe try concentrating on one thing at a time. Make it easier for you and then the next week, add something on. Water is difficult, which is why I made that my 21 day challenge awhile ago. So don't feel bad... just restate your challenge for this week and start slow.... you're doing fine!! So far you've got one day of walking in right?? Let's stick with that... and if you get water in too... a bonus for ya!!

S-fly- (I keep shortening that name...sorry, do you have another name I can call you? ) You're doing great! Already been to the gym!! Is it already crowded when you got there? I find it amazing who shows up at the gym at different time of the day,, the gym that I went to, around 10-11am was the elderly group, which is when I went at the time. I knew I would always get a machine to work on, plus they truly inpired me!! If they could be doing this, then darn it , so can I!!

Cherie- You're doing fantastic. All you needed was a days rest! Duel cardio---- I'm tired already for ya!!

No-way--great time spent on the bike!! With the weather still good, I should grab my bike and just go!!!

Sandy- Iron horse....I'm still trying to picture what that is. But I'm glad you're getting use of it. I think it's time for me to haul out the Total Gym out of my closet. You girls are all inpiraring (how do you spell that!!??) me to do more excercise!!

Eydie- 100 crunches plus more!!! I can only get in my crunches..
but I guess if I put more effort into it I could do more. Just need to get used to doing anything!! Great job girlie!!

Hello to Allthatjazz, Lisa & Kristasmom and Redballoon-where ever you are!!

Well, I best be getting ready for school.
You all have a great Tuesday!!
Marti
Old 10-14-2003, 10:40 AM   #24  

Thanks Cherie

I work in a University as a glorified secretary (I got a kewl fancy title that makes me sound real important...hehehe). I used to drink water ALL the time. I rarely ever drank soda, until about 4 or 5 months ago. I got sick and water is nausiating, so I had to start drinking white soda like sprite or something. Well, from there I started drinking Pepsi again and now I hardly drink water. It's not that I don't like drinking water, I just started likeing drinking Pepsi again...hehehe. Sooo now I got to get back on track where I was. I'd love to see the articles you had. I've read a few things about the bennifits of water and what it can do for you, but I think you're right. It could be very inspiring. Anyhow...thanks for the support.

Shell
Old 10-14-2003, 10:42 AM   #25  

Oops...you posted just as I was typing Marti. Thanks for the encouragment. It's much appreciated. I guess maybe since I used to drink so much water I thought maybe I could hop back into the old habit...it's alot harder than I thought...hehehe.

Thanks again
Old 10-14-2003, 10:47 AM   #26  

Shelldawn - it takes me a while to get used to water again. Have you tried Propel water? I realllly love that stuff. Try making yourself a deal like drinking an ounce of water for every ounce of soda you drink. Then just up it to like 2oz of water for ever ounce of soda.

MNJ - I love the variations that you come up with. Most people just put down SB. Great job on the crunches.
Old 10-14-2003, 10:56 AM   #27  
I Can and I Will

Hello Beautifuls... U are all so very encouraging... i love u all! Marti... i will try to describe the iron horse...lol u sit on it... and put your feet on pedal likethings.. then u grab the handle bars and push with your feet and pull with your arms. Does that help any??? LOL WTG CHERIE!!!!! i noticed you have lost weight in your signature... good for u... u have inspired me to exercise... u got me started on this exercise road.. and i will say that i think i am addicted...LOL i couldnt go thru the weekend without it... lol thats a biggie for me!! Shell, just start over today... today is a new day and just go from there. We all do it... SBF... well done on the gym... thats something i have never been able to do... dont like that gym atmosphere i guess... but U GO GIRL!! I agree with u too on the propel... i love it... and its nice to vary from just h2o... try it shell... u will like it and it comes in all different flavors! NWBU... great job on the bike... slow and sure wins the race... thats what i keep telling myself... just stick with it and u will feel better and better... If theres anyone i missed i apologize... take care of U today...

Sandy
Old 10-14-2003, 11:06 AM   #28  

I don't think I have heard of Propel. Is it a water? Flavored water? Is it hard to find?

I'm doing good on my water today. I'm about halfway through my 48 ounce cup I keep on my desk. YAY!
Old 10-14-2003, 11:18 AM   #29  

Hiya shelldawn! We can be Tuesday - Sundayer's this week if you want. I lost my challenge already this week too. I guess all that bloating the day before yesterday finally passed and left me starving, so I ended up going over my calorie allotment yesterday and still felt yucky. I was weak and tired and dry mouth all day. I think I had a bug. I couldn't stay out of the bathroom. Today I am putting myself on a liquid diet to give myself a jump start back onto program. So if you want we can just pick up from here and keep going? It was just a bump in the road, not a complete detour right!? So my goal for this Tuesday-Sunday mini week is to stay O/P. How about you shell??

Hi everyone and sorry I wasn't around much, but most of my time was spent bonding with the bathroom if ya know what I mean.

Lisa
Old 10-14-2003, 11:25 AM   #30  

Awe Lisa I do hope you are feeling better.

Sounds like a plan. I think I should maybe keep it to one of my 48 ounce glasses of water per day to start. I think 64 was aiming a little higher than I could handle. I sit at this desk for 8 hours...surely I can get down one of these cups of water. And I also want to walk 3 more times this week. So...lets see if the weather cooperates. I have a treadmill but the dang thing don't work right, so I can't use it til I get it looked at and fixed. I'm hoping to do that before winter, but we shall see.

Anyhow, feel better Lisa and thanks for the help.

Shell
Closed Thread