Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2003, 12:06 PM   #31  
I Can and I Will

Hello everyone!! Ginny... I am doing well... doc appmt went well. Even got a referal for a plastic surgeon so hopefully all will work out!! Heres the history...lol! I have very uneven breasts... and my back has bothered me for most of my adult life. I choose NOT to do anything about it til now because i wanted to breastfeed my children. Lately the pain has become unbearable at times... i wake up and it hurts to breathe... so.. i told my doc and she is setting up an appmt with a plastic surgeon for me. I will keep u posted on how its going... Other than that i had a terrific week! Lost some weight... did my exercising... drank my h2o... even went out today and bought myself some new white tshirts... and a pair of workout pants!! little things but youre right Ginny... its makes a world of difference!!Its such a beautiful day here i think we are going to go to an orchard and get some apples and just have fun outside! Eveyone have a FAB day and i will check back in later!! Take care of U!!

Sandy
Old 10-11-2003, 12:34 PM   #32  
Domestic Engineer

Good morning everyone!
I'm in a much better frame of mind today- though I need to find some motivation for my house!! Busy weeks don't help me keep on top of the cleaning!lol

I've been out garage saleing- I've just gotten into it this summer and have found quite a few "treasures"- who knew it could be so fun?? I know not everyone thinks so, but I've sure had fun I'm a little sad that the season is pretty much over until Spring-- guess I'll save a little bit of $$ anyway...

Spryng- please don't be hard on yourself or get too down (and start sabotaging like I've been doing!!) You *are* doing everything right...Ginny said it all- I found my biggest losses were on weeks I wasn't expecting it. Once you are in a groove your plateaus won't seem so upsetting because you know in a week or 2 you will have a good loss.

Sandy- good for you for buying some new stuff too! And for the loss and workouts- you're doing great.

Ginny, Jen, Karen and everyone else- hope you are having a great weekend! Take care!
Old 10-11-2003, 01:42 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Thanks you guys for your kind words... I know I was hard on myself... but you know what? I did lose 2# (the two I gained last week) so even though it got me back to the weight I was it's still a loss... and much better than a gain anyday! I'm feeling better about it. And that is a great idea ginny about looking in a my journal at the week I lost 3.5 #'s , I keep a very good journal so I might find something there that I haven't been doing as much. Thanks for that tip!! And I know that this weight will come off... in fact I changed my goal date to reach my goal to may 1st (that is one lb a week loss...) so according to that I am right on target. So I don't know why I was so upset. And I won't sabbotage my efforts... I know doing that will only put me further behind and I don't want anything to keep me from moving forward. This will be a way of life for me... I can't wait to be a lifetime member of WW so why the rush huh? It will come off.
Sandy i LOVE garage saling!! of course since Dh left I don't get to do it as much because it's hard with three little ones in the car. But I do it when I can! In fact my MIL went garage saling this morning and got my kids some cute puzzles (all the pieces were there!), a neat little picnic table for the backyard, a barbie night gown for my dd... and some odds and ends.. Great deals too. So I guess some people may look down on second hand stuff... but I agree with the phrase "one man's garbage is another man's treasure!" Did you get anything neat? So are you looking into a breast reduction? My aunt had one and she looks great! She had alot of back problems too (she was an F!!) It's funny you mentioned a PS because I have been looking into one too lately... but I'm small chested and after 3 kids my chest needs some help, lol. So I've been thinking about saving for a breast augmentation. My Dh is supportive either way.. so now I have to decide. I think that may be my reward for hitting my goal weight next year. I know alot of people don't like the idea, especially here in kansas where things are pretty traditional and old fashioned... but I don't plan on anyone knowing about it. Only my DH (and now you ladies of course) but I'm still debating it and researching it. I do hope your back gets some relief though.
Well MIL invited me over tonight to watch movies and visit so i think I will hop in the shower while the kids are napping and get ready. It'll be nice to visit someone this weekend. I usually stay home and do nothing.
Ok, TTYL!
Old 10-11-2003, 03:33 PM   #34  
I Can and I Will

Hello again!!
Emily... I LOVE garbage sales...lol thats what my sister calls them. But I love them... i have found all kinds of great stuff... i agree Spryng... one mans trash is another mans treasure. I got this great buffet from a friend... 35.00 i spent on it... went out and got some paint and redid it... painted a mirror that my brother gave me and wahLa! Looks like a matched set and anyones whos seen it loves it. LOl They want to know where i bought it... hahahaha i get such a kick outta telling them i made it... I have to say that that has been my passion lately... I have one more piece to do formy bedroom and then thats it ... will probably redo my kitchen table again... daughter "did" her nails on it so there was a few bald spots... i painted it over once but i'm not happy with it.... so i will sand it all down, prime it and repaint it. When is the question tho...LOL !!
Well, that really turned into a babble didnt it?? LOL!! I got some old silverwear from my gram when she passed away so i was thinking of making some windchimes out of them... that way all of us can have a piece of her in our homes. My dad bought me a new drill ... so i can do it now...LOL Ok enuf... see just get me started on decorating and painting and i am on a roll...lol
Have a great evening all...

Sandy
Old 10-11-2003, 05:59 PM   #35  
Domestic Engineer

No real treasures today...I got a pressure cooker for $2.00- the seal is warped, but I thought I could use the heavy pan for candy making. I read a great come-back for second-hand squeamishness...funny how people are selective in that...you don' think twice about eating in a restaurant or sleeping in a hotel where the silverware and sheets have been washed in hot water. So what's the difference between used clothing?? - whatver, I say I love being frugal and to me it's just smart. And I am pretty selective in what I buy that way. It has to be hardly worn or a name-brand that has re-sale value-- I've even been thinking about garage saling and then re-selling on e- bay. Haven't tried yet since our digital camera hasn't been working.

Anyway, I have been working hard on my house today and just got back from grocery shopping with my kids (really not fun on the Saturday before Thanksgiving!)- just needed a couple things so it wasn't too bad. We are going to some friends for Canadian Thanksgiving on Monday (lucky me I get to have Thanksgiving dinner twice!) She is doing the turkey and another friend and I are splitting up the sides. I got pie duty- who knew I made the best pies <<blushing>>- oh well, at least the should get all eaten and I won't have to worry about eating pie all week. I'm ready to get focused again.

Spryng- what movie did you watch with your MIL? DH and I watched "Bend it Like Beckham" last night- pretty cute.

Well, back to work so I don't have to worry about messes tomorrow!
later!
Old 10-11-2003, 07:17 PM   #36  
burned out bus driver

Hi !
I love garage saleing too.......just no time to do it!!!
BTW, Spryng guess what came in today's mail!!!!! Guess the PO is going pony express these days. Thanks it is here.
Sorry- no time to get personal. gotta get dinner on. See ya Tuedsay!
Ginny
Old 10-11-2003, 08:24 PM   #37  
burned out bus driver

Ds left the computer on.....so I came on to check the weather in Mass. What am I going to do without all of you for 2 days!!!???
(ok, I am already halfway insane......guess that will finish me off!)

Emily- as far as the seal on the pressure cooker goes- if it is just the rubber gasket, most hardware stores (the old fashioned kind) carry new gaskets. Good for you cleaning up your house! Hope your Canadian thanksgiving is great.

Sandy- sounds like you are a project person like me!!!!! The wind chime idea is cute- I have seen those done on HGTV and they are attractive. Happy crafting! Glad that the Dr appt went well too. I have a friend who went for reduction surgery- she had actually experienced a loss of bone mass in her shoulders from the weight of her chest......so the reduction (which was subtle and looks natural) was a welcome change- and no more back pain!

Spryng- hope you get to watch some movies and have a nice time!! Adult conversation sounds nice.........hope the kids are good for you too!
Gotta go and finish cleaning the house. See ya Monday!!!!!
Ginny
Old 10-11-2003, 10:37 PM   #38  
soontobethin

starting a new thread
Closed Thread