Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2003, 05:10 PM   #1  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Talking WEEK-AT-A-TIME CHALLENGE #4 -- for week starting Oct. 6

Hello, everyone, this is PART IV of the One-week-at-a-time challenge. This is a challenge in the spirit of the 21-Day challenge, which I'm still continuing as well but. . .

I wanted something else, something short and sweet, where I can buckle down and go all out on and yet still come up for air before I burn out. So, I want to start up a ONE-WEEK CHALLENGE. Here, we'll look at the week as a whole, which also means we have room for slipups and unexpected evenings out, or whatever.

So, unlike the 21-dayer where you commit to doing something every, single day for 21 days straight or have to go back to START and count over the One-Week-at-a-Time challenge is going to be about things like saying; I will go to the gym 3x this week, or I keep my calories to a total of 14,000 for the week, or I will not eat anything after 6 p.m. 3x this week. So, if you want to eat 14,000 calories one day and fast for the next 6 fine! Or, you can go to the gym three days straight and then flop back and do absolutely zilch for the next four.

This way of attacking things will allow you to customize your challenge to suit yourself, allow for tortoise types and hare types to do their own thing AND means that getting back after after a fall doesn't mean you've lost any ground at all. It'll inspire that crucial element of success -- the POWER TO PERSIST!! I think it'll be a great motivator and great source of empowerment!!

SO, come on!! If you're interested please jump aboard and tell us your plan for the week and then keep us posted with progress reports and tell us when your goal is accomplished, be it early in the week or at the end. I'll do this starting Monday and wrapping up Sunday night of each week.

Hope to see you! PLEASE, join me!

Old 10-05-2003, 05:12 PM   #2  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Wink RECORD BOARD

This space is reserved for our challengers. I'll write your names and challenges here and the date you've completed your challenge for the week and update it as we go along. I'm going to start a new thread each week but carry this data over so you can see how many challenges you've done.

ONE-WEEK-AT-A-TIME CHALLENGERS

(there will be one for each successful challenge, and you decide whether you earn it)

redballoon: (keep food journal all week)

Eydie: (some form of exercise daily, no chocolate all week)

M.N.J.: (leg exercises 3-4x/week)

Sandybrat: (yoga 5x/week, no eating after 7 p.m. 4x/week, pilates 2x/week)

PhotogirlTX: (two sessions of cardio daily; 1 hr. in afternoon, 30 min. late 4x/week, 7straight days of at least ONE cardio seesion, pilates 6x/week)

** chikitababe: (min. 75 mins. aerobics 6x/week, min. 6 glasses water daily, no sweets)

Aquareggie: ( 15 min. walking 3x/week, one week of vegan food only)

happy dance dot (no WW flex points for this week, only designated points)

friendsforfitness: (min. of 28 real crunches 4x/week, wake up 6 a.m. 4x/week, wake up 7 a.m. on weekends, journal food/drink daily, strategy set by Thursday for weekend)

allthatjazz (prepare healthy lunch at night for work 4-5 days, use total gym 3x/week)

** mscat816: (3 square meals before 7 p.m., 98 oz water/daily)

** Shelldawn: (walk mile min. of 3x/week)

Last edited by redballoon; 10-07-2003 at 01:27 PM.
Old 10-05-2003, 06:09 PM   #3  
deleted2

This week I want to challenge myself to a do some form of exercise outside every day. This is my favorite time of year and I want to make sure that I get out and enjoy it!

I want to do a food challenge too. No chocolate in any form this week!

If anyone's lurking and wondering about jumping in with your own personal challenge, I heartily recommend it! Thanks for starting the thread, Red!

Old 10-05-2003, 10:23 PM   #4  

Height: 5'1"

Talking Another week!!

This week I plan on doing all leg excercises 3-4x this week. Squats, lunges, walking or jogging. Anything that'll help shrink the thighs!! I plan on continuing the abs, but the legs will be the challenge.

I'm with Eydie...anyone lurking...feel free to join in!! This is a great motivator thread!! And it's only a week at a time!! And you get to pick out how you want to do it!! So let's get to it!!

Off to another week ladies!!! Good luck!!!

Marti
Old 10-05-2003, 10:47 PM   #5  
I Can and I Will

Hello Ladies!!! Well this weeks challenge will be yoga 5 times this week, no eating after 7, 4 nights and pilates 2 times this week... i will build up slowly but will try to do it more than twice. Good Luck ladies!! Heres to a successfull week!!!!

Sandy
Old 10-05-2003, 10:59 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Well, because it is working so well, and because I NEED the challenge to make it happen... once again, duel cardio 4 times this week. I will get in 7 straight days of at least ONE session of cardio, and I will do my pilates 6 times this week.

Everyone have a great week! Together, we can do this! :-)

Cherie
Old 10-06-2003, 05:50 AM   #7  

Hi! Can I join in the fun? I REALLY need to challenge myself. I have been off track for a few weeks now, and, it is bound to catch up with me.

Challenge #1- Do at least 75 minutes of aerobics, 6 days.
Challenge #2- Drink at least 6 glasses of water per day.
Challenge #3- Most important...NO SWEETS...get rid of them, lol.

Ok, I am up for this. I am drinking my morning brew, then plan to do my 3 mile WATP for a start. We can do this.

Holly
Old 10-06-2003, 12:01 PM   #8  

Welcome Holly!

Good to see everyone back.

Red, you're going 21 days without sugar?! My god, woman, you've got gonads!!!

Didn't make my challenge last week to walk every day. I was concentrating on the vegan thing, and after not showing a loss on weigh-in day, I was too depressed. Yeah, I know, giving up won't help me lose this week. So I'm back on track today.

This week's goals:

1. A paltry fifteen minute walk three days this week. I should be able to do THAT.

2. Vegan week again.

Have a good day,
AR
Old 10-06-2003, 12:27 PM   #9  

Hi girls.

I completed my challenge for last week and lost 2.5lbs. Really happy...like theyu say, "slow and steady wins the race" .

Congrats to everyone who finished theirs and also to those who gave it their best.

Hopefully, this week I'll be more in tune with you girls.

As far as this week goes I will stick to the same.

1-no flex points
2-earning at least 6 activity pts(last week I got 8pts btw )
3-sticking with the program

Good luck everyone!
Old 10-06-2003, 12:29 PM   #10  

Oh and welcome holly...you'll have lots of fun in here and find it really supportive...good luck!
Old 10-06-2003, 01:53 PM   #11  

Talking Marvelous Monday to ya!

My challenges will be:

1- To do no less that 28 real crunches 4x this week.
(I barely did 27 this morning)

If you don't get the real crunches comment just read my journal entry for today. You can click on the "my website" button at the bottom of this post and then click on the entry entitled More "DUH" moments from a health & fitness dummy.

2- Wake up at 6 am 4x this week.

3- Wake up at 7am Saturady & Sunday

4- Journal all food and drink consumption for all seven days

5- Have a plan of combat in place by Thurday
to stay O/P over the weekend.

Sorry, I know it's quite a bit, but I need this right now. I'm letting go of the dessert thing for awhile, I will get back to it at a later time.

Good luck to everyone!!

Lisa

Old 10-06-2003, 02:40 PM   #12  
I Can and I Will

Hello Lovelies!!!! Hey Lisa... u go girl... we know u can do it and will be here every step of the way for u... I need to have a plan of action for the weekends as well... and to do my exercises... and keep it up!! One day down of yoga and pilates... i even brought my iron horse machine out of the garage and did 6 reps of 15... i will do 4 more reps of 15 and make it 10 for the day. I will do this every day this week as well... might as well add it to the challenge. I wish all my family on here ggood luck this week!! WELCOME to you Holly!! U will find htis a very friendly and supportive place to come... i have...
Remember to take care of U!! Love u all...

Sandy

Congrats to DOT!! on her weight loss!! U GO GIRL!
Old 10-06-2003, 04:48 PM   #13  

This week I hope to:
1. Prepare a healthy lunch at night to take to work 4 out of 5 days

2. Use the my Total Gym 3x this week

And sure hope my computer doesn't go on the blink this week so I can keep up!
Old 10-06-2003, 06:37 PM   #14  
I Can and I Will

Ok ladies... i changed my mind... do NOT add the iron horse to the challenge...LOL i will try to do it 3 times this week... but i may hve over done it a bit today... so i will take tomorrow off from it...lol unless i stop hurting...lol!! I got a bit carried away... but i am sooo detetrmined and i want this determination to stay with me for the week...lol
Hope u all had a fab day... i will check back later!!

TTFN!!

Sandy
Old 10-06-2003, 07:58 PM   #15  

Thanks for the welcome! I made it through day 1.....walked 6 miles with WATP, drank 88 ounces of water, and avoided ALL junk!

Holly
Closed Thread