Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2003, 04:55 PM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again....#422

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

We chat on Wednesday and Sunday at 8:30 EST, 7:30 CST.

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.
Old 10-05-2003, 06:27 PM   #2  
I'm on my way!

Just a quickie here! Has anyone read Dr. Phil's new book? I just bought it about an hour ago. I am going to sit down and read a bit after dinner. We are having lobster stuffed salmon pinwheels. They just looked so good I figured why not? And also a baked sweet potato! I love them!

I'll try and make chat tonight...no guarantee though! I have to give Andrew a bath, get clothes ready for tomorrow and fix lunches.

TTFN Michelle
Old 10-05-2003, 06:34 PM   #3  

Hey there everyone. Hope everyones Sunday was a good one.

Michelle: I have "The Book" and am still reading. I am taking it slow so it all sinks in and I am learning about myself in the process. I know sounds odd that at 33 (ok almost 34) I am still learning about myself, but guess not, cause I am not alone. Guess we tend to put ourselves on the back burner. Now I have to retrain myself all over again.

Thanks for the soup recipes that were posted, I love soups and those sound easy, I like easy......I am saving them and gonna make one this week, I am thinking the chili one and taking it for lunch to work. I too like Thin use the crumbles.

Will try to pop in to chat....

Sandy
Old 10-05-2003, 06:59 PM   #4  
Progress..not perfection

I THINK..... but do not quote me, that we talked about having chat on Sundays here while back because everyone is out and about on Saturday night and Sundays just seemed to be a little bit easier.

Lord knows I shouldn't even have a say in the matter because I can never seem to make it into chat anyways. It seems like I'm usually home and glance at the clock (somewhere around 9:00 or later) and think, "Dang.... I missed chat!"

I'm not sure how much the scale will like me this week because I managed to gleefully eat all of my Flex points, but we'll see. I have also exercised four days this week too. 1 mile, 2 mile (twice) and 3 mile WATP and I may add in another 1 mile tonight, not sure yet though. AND.... even though I want a nice loss this week, I'll not pitch a fit if I don't get it. My reward is that no matter what it says..... I KNOW that I ate what I was supposed to. I KNOW that I drank my water and I know that when this big butt could have been sitting on the couch, it was up exercising with Leslie Sanson. THAT is a victory within itself.

I'm planning on sending a note or making a phone call to Trey's teacher and you guys will have to pray for me to have patience. One day last week, apparently she thought his desk was messy and she dumped it on him. What I mean when I use the word "dumped" is that as he was going through some papers in his desk, she just came up and lifted up one end of the desk and dumped all it's contents onto him and the floor. Now.....granted, she did ask him to clean it the day before. Granted, he can be messy. Granted......he should have cleaned it. HOWEVER, he didn't learn a single thing by having his desk dumped on him and I am super pissed off about it. I can just imagine his surprise and embarassment when she dumped all the contents of his desk on top of him and all over the floor. Everytime I think of it, I get boiling mad.

At first, part of me wanted to storm up there and give her what for. But then.... I thought about it and thought.... "Geez, it's barely the beginning of the year. I'd hate for her to make his life a living **** the rest of the year because his Mom came up there and blessed her out." So, I thought I'd just let it go. But the more I think about it...... I just can't. Everyone that I have talked to just thinks it is unacceptable to treat a child like that and I am inclined to agree.....especially since it's MINE. What do you guys think?

On that note, I'm gonna hop off of here and fix me something to eat before it gets too late. I love you all and I hope you have a super OP day!!
Old 10-05-2003, 07:16 PM   #5  
You and Me in 2003

Chat at 7:30 hope to be there
Old 10-05-2003, 07:25 PM   #6  

Hey Momma Bear.....a/k/a Tina.....a/k/a.QueenB.....you go get that witch of a teacher!!!! She should definatly not have embarrassed the boy that way. I would be too!!!! I think you have every right to be mad.

Love,
Sandy
Old 10-05-2003, 08:59 PM   #7  
Michigan Old-Timer

Ok, Tina: I'm going to weigh in here (and not on a scale) on the issue of the desk dumping. After all, you asked what we think. Geez, one of these days you'll figure out that when you ask, I tell.

I think you need to ask yourself if YOU are more upset than TREY is. I know, I know, it's hard to be a mom. Lord knows I've been through those years TWICE. But IF Trey knew that the consequence for a messy desk, that is not cleaned up after being asked to do so the day before, is to have it dumped....then I have no problem with teaching kids there is a consequence to their actions. (albeit, I wouldn't necessarily choose 'desk dumping' any more than I would throw all of his stuff out on the front lawn because he didn't clean his room) But...if that is what the teacher has set up as a consequence, then maybe he learned more than he's letting on to you that he did. Sure, he's embarassed by being made a spectacle of, but if it was THE consequence for the action, then he'll get over it, particularly if he sees it happen to others in the class throughout the year.

You know me, Tina, I'm pretty opinionated, so take this for whatever it's worth (I know, you're saying NOT MUCH right now) but sometimes I think we overprotect our kids.

I went to a STEP (Systematic Training for Effective Parenting) class when the boys were in like 3rd and 5th grade maybe. And the one thing that has stuck with me all these years is the difference between a GOOD mom and a GREAT mom. The example that was used was forgetting homework. The GOOD mom, when called by her little one to bring the homework to school would run right up there for the kid and bring it to her. The GREAT mom, having received the same phone call, would calmly explain to the child that there are consequences for their forgetfulness, that she was sorry that she couldn't drop everything and run the homework to school and that next time they would remember their homework.

Let me tell you, I think THAT was a harder lesson for me that it ever was for my boys. Our motherly instincts tell us to run and bail our kids out.....no matter what.....no matter what we have to give up to do so. It's a tough one. [[[hugs]]] to you, no matter what you do in this situation.

Last edited by thinthinker; 10-05-2003 at 09:13 PM.
Old 10-05-2003, 09:21 PM   #8  
You and Me in 2003

Spicy Apple Bundt Cake
1 box spice cake mix
1 can apple pie filling --21 oz
1 large egg
2 egg whites
Preheat oven 350
Spray bundt pan with nonstick spray
Mix cake mix pie filling and eggs till blended
pour in bundt pan. bake 40-45 minutes
cool in pan 20 minutes
remove from pan cool dust with powdered sugar

18 servings at 3 points each
Old 10-05-2003, 09:59 PM   #9  
Michigan Old-Timer

Ok, you guys. I guess I was way off on the Chili recipe. It makes 6 servings and is 3 WW points per serving. I'm going back to edit my post of it so that anyone that hasn't read it yet, it will be changed and correct. If you've already copied it, please change the points. I'm really sorry.
Old 10-06-2003, 01:12 AM   #10  
Dancing those pounds away

Hi guys I am still alive.
I have struggled to stay awake while reading all the posts I missed.
I have tried but kept falling asleep.. not because the posts were boring... but rather because I am WORN OUT !!!
Two days of preparing for the garage sale... then 2 days of up at 6am and working hard at the sale until dark. I made a lot more money than I expected and very happy about that.
Then today we got up early and went to Missouri for my husbands yearly family reunion. It was good.... but also sad.
Last year at this reunion I was OH SO GOOD at staying on plan. I just KNEW that this year I would be 100 lbs lighter.
Well guess what.... I AM NOT !!!!! ANOTHER YEAR gone by and STILL FAT !!!!

Okay... that said... tomorrow is a new day.
Well... actually ... today since it is after midnight. LOL
I am off to bed. I love you all and missed everyone.
I will try to catch up tomorrow.
Old 10-06-2003, 07:20 AM   #11  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Mornin' Ladies,

Over slept this morning and just slid into the office so just want you all to know I'm still here and had an OP weekend.

TINA: I'm with Thin on this one. My Mom was the type who would ask twice that I pick up my room. If it didn't get done I'd come home from school and find the junk piled up in the doorway with a broom and mop close at hand and a note that said "Whatever your plans are, they off, until this room is clean! You were warned." I'd be pissed but you can bet she stuck to her guns and the room would be clean before I went back downstairs. If my friends came over they were sent on their way after being told that I had chores I hadn't completed. Guess what ... it only took about three times before I learned to keep that room clean and it didn't scar me for life. (Except that I DO keep a pretty clean, not spic and span, house. )
Old 10-06-2003, 08:38 AM   #12  

Morning Girlies,

I just wanted to say hello, and I will check in with you later this afternoon. Finally!!! getting my car fixed, my sister is loaning me the (almost 800.00!!! ugh!!), and I agreed to pay her back in payments, isn't she the sweetest???? I would never have all of it at once...but, I will have wheels again soon!!!

Later chickadees! Have a healthful day!
Old 10-06-2003, 10:09 AM   #13  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

Just stopped in to read and then run off again. That yucky feeling yesterday has turned out to be some sort of virus. I'm achy all over still, but beginning to feel a little more human. My article is still about 200 words from the finish line. It is so hard to write with the screen swimming in front of your eyes.
I'm debating whether to go in to my jobs or not today. There is important stuff to do at both of them. We'll have to see how I feel in two hours.

Andria
Old 10-06-2003, 11:29 AM   #14  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hello everyone! I have come to confess. I was a terribly bad girl on the eatting front this past week. I bought Halloween candy, I know, way too early, and decided that one candy bar wasn't enough, and two certainly wouldn't do, and before you know it the whole bag was gone.

Well, of course one bag wasn't enough, so there went a second bag. And since I had already blown it, why not go for a third? Well, yup, you guessed it, there went the third.

I was so upset with myself this morning because I had 3 weeks of losses at WI (not Wisconsin) and I just didn't want to give that streak up. Geez, you'd think I would have thought of that earlier in the week when I was pigging out on the chocolate, but I didn't.

Anyway, I kept thinking, "I just won't go this week and do really well and then next week I'll have a loss and I'll be fine." Then I thought, "ok, I'll go to the meeting and hope no one notices that I'm not weighing in and I'll just be there for the meeting."

And then it hit me, I always weigh with my tennis shoes on. Always have from the very beginning. I'll take my tennies off this morning and then maybe I'll still show a loss! OMG, I was willing to cheat in order to have a loss! How pathetic is that????

So I got to the meeting and I walked up to the scale and I took off my shoes and I weighed in. And guess what? I was down 2 pounds! Well, now I'm feeling guilty as **** because I didn't deserve to be down 2 pounds so I put my shoes on the scale and asked the girl to weigh them. She told me they weighed 1 3/4 pounds.

So guess what I did? Yup, you guessed it. I told her to ADD 1 3/4 pounds to my WI sheet, which still put me at 1/4 pound down this week and now I'm a happy little camper! And I was honest in the end. I guess I figured out that I was only cheating myself. But honestly, if I wouldn't have shown any loss, I'm not sure I would have added that back on. It's all a head game, isn't it?

I will behave better this week, I promise. I'm putting all that chocolate up in the garage so that it won't call to me anymore.

I'll try and track you all down later. Love ya bunches!
Old 10-06-2003, 02:33 PM   #15  

"Wow" hear the wisdom from Thin and J-ann. I guess you two really make sence, but I still let the momma bear in me get the best of me most times. I just want to protect my little babies, which I know Tina does too. We hate for them to feel any pain or embarassment or anything as much as we know that is part of growing up. Oh being a mom sure is hard. I did like the sounds of your class you took Thin, our local schools and the child center offer parenting classes, I always thought they were for bad parents to take, maybe I should look into it, guess I can always learn things. Thanks for the heads up.

Potatoe soup: Thin, I made yours with some adjustments to what I found at my local store.

I used the store brand hashbrowns, it was a huge bag said 10 servings....then I added one can of Fat free chix broth and 2 cans of water to cover the browns....then I added a dash of chix boullion. Then they had the regular flavor country gravy or the sausage country gravy and would you believe that the sausage one had less fat and calories???? anyway I bought that one and added it and what a flavor....and the way I figured mine was I added it all up that was in the pot and then divided by what I figured would be 6 good ole big servings of soup and it came out to 3 pts....and wow it is soooooo goood. Thanks for the start of the recipe. Never thought I would like potatoe soup. And I would have never thought of using hash browns for it.

Today is WI day and I ended up gaining a pound??? I went out Saturday night to the Olive Garden and used all my flex pts and a few more, guess it put me over or the salt is still in my system? Anyway, I'm not gonna fret about it, it will be gone in a day or two.

Well gotta run....
Hugs to all,
Sandy
Closed Thread