Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2003, 06:57 PM   #1  

Default Waterlogged!

I have been working hard to make 64 oz of water a day intake a habit. My counselor at MWL suggested getting the quart or larger size bottled water down by noon. Then I have the rest of the day to get the other 32 oz in.

Problem, a weak bladder. Can't drive to my sites without dribbling and needing a McDonald's every 15 minutes. At work, the other day, I was back and forth to the restroom every 20. However, if I don't work on drinking the water this way

I am on ditropan, but that is no longer helping. I know water is an important part of the process but I have got to find a way to get it in without wetting on myself. Any suggestions?
Old 10-04-2003, 07:48 PM   #2  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

mscat, I don't know if this will help but cutting down or out on sugar will definitely help with the need to frequent the bathroom.

I used to be like you and when I was reading about the harmful effects of sugar this was mentioned and I remember not really believing it. But sure enough, now that I'm off sugar I no longer have to get up during the night and whereas before I'd have to leave early to get off the train to find a restroom and then wait for the next train, I no longer have to. So I'd give it a try. Also, I think it may get better as your body gets used to the extra water. You just started drinking more water, right?

Also, I wouldn't worry about getting all that water down before noon. The body is usually busy flushing out a lot of water in the a.m. after having been lying around for hours. So, if you add water on top of that (a large quantity at least) then maybe there's no way around the frequent bathroom trips. I drink tons of water during the day, and I drink most of it from late morning to early evening.

Last edited by redballoon; 10-04-2003 at 07:52 PM.
Old 10-04-2003, 09:13 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 245/245/130

Height: 5'2"

Another thing that might help is try to Kegal Exercises.... it helps stregthen down there and will help your weak bladder and drippling problem....

Also I was like you when I first started drinking alot of water.... bathroom everytime I turned around. After about 2 or 3 weeks my body got used to it and I had to go to the bathroom less and less.

Water is important but if you havent drank alot in years it may take awhile to get used to it.... what if you start at a lower amount and then add 8 oz every few days until you are to the amount you need.

Good Luck!
Old 10-04-2003, 11:40 PM   #4  

Height: 5'1"

mscat-

Hi there. I agree with the ladies here. Cutting on sugar, I actually haven't tried, but the kegal excercises do help. Plus trying to get all that water in before noon?? That's gotta be tough. I think spreading out more through the day is easier on the body and starting out drinking a little at a time would be easier too especially if you've just started.
But just to let you know, at least in my case, the more days that goes by of drinking water, the less frequent the bathroom trips are. You're body has to get used to all the water... The first week or so feels like but it starts to tone done. Try the combination of cutting down on sugar and even your sodium intake, and the kegal excercises, and it should help.
It will get easier you just have to hang in there.

I want to invite you to join one of our threads- either the "one week at time" challenge or the "21 day" challenge. It's very motivating and helps keep you on track when you know you're part of something. come visit us and see what you think.

Wish you all the luck!!

Marti

Last edited by M.N.J.; 10-04-2003 at 11:44 PM.
Old 10-05-2003, 12:07 AM   #5  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Arrow kegel links

mscat,

With everyone talking about kegel exercises I thought I'd look something up for you on the Net. Here are some links to get you going. Sounds like a great idea.

http://kidney.niddk.nih.gov/kudiseas...e_ez/index.htm

http://www.mwsexual.com/readingroom/...-exercises.htm

http://www.mckinley.uiuc.edu/health-...hlt/kegel.html

http://www.med.umich.edu/1libr/womens/gyn37.htm
Closed Thread