Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2003, 10:45 AM   #16  

Good Morning Ladies!

I'm Baaaaackk.......Gosh, it seems like forever since I posted, but I guess it's only been 3 days. There's too much for me to catch up on, so I hope everyone has been doing well!

I knew I was going to eat alot this weekend, and I did.....however, our cook did a great job of not overloading the fat and calories. So, I think with all the walking and extra work I did living back in time, I probably came out about even. So, no points, but no harm done either.

We spent Friday through Sunday living in the 1790's.....complete with sleeping 11 people (4 adults and 7 kids!) in a cabin about the size of my spare bedroom! The body heat kept us all fairly warm, but my hips are bruised from sleeping on a dirt floor! Ah well, it's great to be media free and out in the fresh air all weekend.... I love it!

So, I'm in on the 5 day challenge! Got dance class tonight, so I'm not too worried about today. I did get dehydrated this weekend, so I gotta really push the water today.

Talk to you all later!

Hugs,
Julie
Old 10-06-2003, 12:43 PM   #17  

Good morning girls.

Sorry for being MIA. Gizmo b-day was fun and I got to spend time with my family. I lost another 2.5lbs so I am happy about that. Like they say "slow and steady wins the race"

Julie...glad to hear you had a nice weekend.

Pam...just do it girl and you'll feel great after
Kepping my fingers crossed for you getting that job.

Lisa...good luck with your new gadgets...I'm sure you'll have fun.

Well, girls take care I'll check in later.
Old 10-06-2003, 02:04 PM   #18  

Talking Marvelous Monday to ya!

Well, Saturday I got all 4 points, But Sunday, I only got my exercise in. Great challenge and mission this week Faye. Thanks for this thread. i hope everyone has a great day! Silly pole for me would definitely be a diet guru for people who need to lose 100 pounds or more. This is an area that I feel there isn't enough focus on.

Lisa

Old 10-06-2003, 02:32 PM   #19  
I Can and I Will

Just checking in to say hello to u all!!! I love the challenge Faye... you inspired me to get my butt on this iron horse machine that i picked up at a local thrift store... i did 6 reps of 15 today... i also did my yoga and pilates. Exercise is my biggest procrastination... so i will exercise everyday this week! Rmember to take care of u..

Sandy
ps... i will do 4 more reps of 15 to make it 10 a day....and i will do this for the week!
Old 10-06-2003, 03:08 PM   #20  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi I'm back!

I need help badly!! I have completely lost the plot on my diet due to PMS. This is the second month in a row that this has happened - I feel so bad that I just DON'T CARE about anything. I have over eaten so much and not taken any exercise as I've felt soooo tired and lethargic. Now I feel really bad about myself and feel I've undone all my good work - and I'm finding it hard to get my motivation and self discipline into gear to get back on track. I can't let this happen every month as it will forever be a case of 1 step forward, 2 steps back. Now I've got a craving for fat which really isn't helping - I've had cheese everyday for the past 4 days!

I'm so fed up and need your help and support!

love Amanda xx
Old 10-06-2003, 03:24 PM   #21  

Amanda,

Hang in there, the best thing is you have recognized your problem now you have to come up with a plan of attack. If there's anyway you can get the bad stuff out of your house you'd be better off to do it. Give it away, throw it away, whatever it takes. You have been working too hard to give up now girlie! Think about how great you felt when you were O/P. Revel in it. Think about how great you'll feel when you get to your goals. Make a promose to yourself that this self destruction mode you've entered will come to a stop right now. You're worth it. Get outside in the sun it's a natural mood enhancer. Take a brisk walk even if only for 10 minutes, it will bring back those good healthy feelings again and you'll probably end up walking even farther. You can do this, just dig deep down and grab that positive and motivating side of yourself and pull it back out. You are usually so upbeat and I know you can get past this. Look all over this site until you find someone who feels worse than you and give them some encouragement, it will do wonders for lifting your own spirits. Fight this and fight it hard Amanda! We are all here for you.

Lisa

Last edited by friendsforfitness; 10-06-2003 at 03:26 PM.
Old 10-06-2003, 06:23 PM   #22  

Lisa: YOU GET A: for points!

Amanda: Listen sweety, I was going through the same thing since the 28th on a different level, mine being peri-menopausal. I was eating everything that was bad for me, not getting in enough water and missed a couple days exercise which you know is my BIG thing. I was so exhausted I couldn't do anything (one of the symptoms of menopause that I have). I forced myself to get cleaned up, put on some exercise clothes and go over to the mall and walk on Saturday. I walked for 50 minutes (about 2.5 miles) and I can't tell you how much better I felt. You have to remember that exercise in any form will release endorphins and they in turn make you feel happy and content so you HAVE to get exercise in! It made all the difference for me. NOW YOU HAVE TO LISTEN TO ME ABOUT THIS TOO! FORGET EVERYTHING YOU DID BAD I DON'T CARE HOW AWFUL IT WAS. You are on a new page and we are here to help you. You are going to be strong again and get back to where you need to be. Hang tough and stay away from the cheese, get in some exercise even though you don't feel like it, it will make you feel better I guarantee! I did 60 minutes on the glider, got my water in and stayed OP today and I know you can too! We will conquer this female crap together!

Faye
Old 10-06-2003, 09:31 PM   #23  

Hi all! Just checking in.

Amanda, stop by and let me know how you are.

I stayed O/p today, WATP 1 mile today, 27 crunches, and 30 minutes of floor exercises. I don't think I've gotten all my water in though.

Have a nice relaxing evening,
Lisa
Old 10-06-2003, 09:32 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

Evening ladies!

Sorry I've been MIA. Work calls! Have been 8 days now getting in all 4 points! Hard to believe but I have pulled it off somehow.

Faye, I am glad that you are using the cream. There are so many women out there that have no clue about it. Aside from helping with the"change", it is also very helpful to women with endo. I was going to use it after my hyst but due to my heart condition it wasn't a wise choice. I guess that I am the lucky one. Got the change thing all over with.

Amanda, Lisa is right get rid of the stuff in the house that calls your name. Get movin somehow, I know how that evil monster can affect you, been there done that too long, but I always had luck with just gettin up and walkin even if it was around the yard. Heating pads also helped me feel so better.

I'm in for the challenge! I also have made myself a mini challenge. I am able to wear some 14s but I have 2 pair that are tight and they are going to fit great by the 5th of Nov!

I missed the poll but I think that I would like to be know for helpin find a cure for endo. I am sick and tired of this incureable disease. This is one thing that takes over you life totally and it isn't pleasant what it does to you. There are way too many women that suffer from this for there not to be major research on it. I often wonder it was made more visable to the public then something might happen somewhere in the near future.

Sorry to ramble on but that is something that I believe stongly in. Everyone have the best week ever!

sandy
Old 10-06-2003, 10:31 PM   #25  

Sandy: Please let us know when you find out what the doctor and you have decided about the pain etc you told us about. I know that the rest of the ladies as well as myself are concerned about you. The cream does an incredible amount of good for me. I would never have thought it possible, but it does. I did find something unusual though. I was putting it on my upper chest/neck area and my sister said the stuff she has says not to continually put it in the same area because it builds up or something and quits working, but the month I changed it up and put it elsewhere that I had a pulse (the inside of my arms) I had a lot of blood clotting and cramping with my period when that had really calmed down so I went back to putting it on my chest.

Talk to you ladies in the AM

Faye
Old 10-07-2003, 07:56 AM   #26  

Default !!

Morning Chickies!

A 4 point day for me yesterday.......gotta run, though, I'm late.

Amanda, Keep your chin up! you can do this........Try keeping track of your cycles on a calendar. That way you KNOW when these feelings are going to hit, and you can be prepared for them. It's usually when pms sneaks up on you that it can totally wreck your life!

Later all, stay
Julie
Old 10-07-2003, 08:08 AM   #27  
I Can and I Will

Good Morning Ladies!! All 4 for me yesterday as well!! I agree with Julie Amanda... try keping track on the calendar so u know when the pms is coming. Being prepared for it may help u out alot. And we have all been there hon, and its a pain... but we are strong and we will help u thru this... and anything else that comes your way.
I am sore today, but its a good sore... that machine made me realize i have muscles i had forgotten about...LOL I even went for a walk after dinner last night!! I have a doctors appointment on Friday... anual physical and need to reup my meds... i really need to get back on the birth control pills... they help out so much with my moods. I also need a new prescrition for my celexa. I am going to a new doctor so i hope she is as nice as the last. Well... guess i have babbled on enuf here for now... rememeber to take care of U!! Love you all....

Sandy
Old 10-07-2003, 10:07 AM   #28  

TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday and we are going to target our OUTSIDE this week. Let's not neglect how we look ladies. Make an effort to dress nicely, hair, makeup etc. It will give you a real lift and you will be amazed how dfferent people react to a well groomed person!

POINTS FOR THIS MORNING!

Julie great job Julie, keep it up!
Sandy B: You are doing terrific too!
Me: back on track and kicking BUTT!

Gotta get out the door and get in a walk. Check back later!

Amanda: The ladies all have really good advice for you! I know you are past this and back to normal! You are a strong lady!

Faye
Old 10-07-2003, 10:23 AM   #29  

Good Morning Chicklets,

How are you all?

Pts for yesterday: 2 pts for program, 1 pt for water, and YES, 1 PT FOR EXERCISE!!! YAHOOOOZERS! I did it after being lazy since Friday, I really do feel better when I do it. Imagine that

Amanda, love to you girl, we are here for you, whenever you need us. to you.

Sandy, aka Gigglez, great to see you back here again.

Mirabelly, sounds like a good time, minus sleeping on a dirt floor. we are really spoiled you know it? Nice soft, comfy, cushy beds.

To all of I missed, I love you! Hope you have a great day.. Stay
Old 10-07-2003, 12:46 PM   #30  

Hi girls...not sure if I posted yesterday, but I got 4pts for Monday.

Amanda... ...hope that helps bring a smile...these girls rock they have given good advice..I agree with them.

Pam...great! You did it. Good for you

Well, take care girls gotta run.
Closed Thread