Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2003, 03:16 PM   #16  

JO-Anne: I'm sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 10-02-2003, 03:33 PM   #17  
Michigan Old-Timer

JoeAnne: I'm so sorry to hear of yet again a loss that you have to deal with. {{{hugs}}} My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Old 10-02-2003, 05:45 PM   #18  
Walking by faith

Default Joe Anne

My thoughts and prayers to you and your family. It's hard suffering the loss of a loved one, but knowing that she's with the LORD makes it easier. It's only a temporary separation after all!

{{{HUGS}}}
Old 10-02-2003, 06:44 PM   #19  
BELIEVE!

Joanne - I am so sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.
With Love,
Barb
Old 10-02-2003, 08:29 PM   #20  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Joanne,

You and your family will be in our prayers. I am so sorry to hear of your loss. *HUGS*

Andria
Old 10-02-2003, 08:36 PM   #21  
Syn
ONE BITE AT A TIME*Loser*

Joanne: May the memories of cherished times spent with your grandmother and the knowledge that she is not suffrering now bring you comfort....God Bless you and yours at this time!

To all the other chickies hello and know I am thinking of you my friends....

I am in a rush....I will try and catch up later... Love to all
Old 10-02-2003, 11:19 PM   #22  

Joe Anne,

My deepest sympathy and most heart-felt condolences regarding the passing of your grandmother. She has seen God's face now, and will be there waiting for you whenever it is your time to go home. I can only say that she will always be a part of you, and she will live because of your memories of her. I know that you are at peace knowing she is no longer ailing. We are all here waiting for you with love and support and open arms when you need us. Try and rest when you can......Love to you girl.
Old 10-03-2003, 06:45 AM   #23  
a work in progress...

Joanne, I'm so sorry for your loss. Cherish your memories of your grandma, and she will always be with you! {{{hugs}}}

I haven't been here in a few days...but i have seriously been mulling over Arabella's post...

Quote:
That mood thing happens to me every time I get going OP, and I think it's because whatever feelings I was pushing way, way down with food have a chance to surface. Ordinarily, they would not come to light because I would eat to numb myself before I even knew about them. I've seen myself react to stress by eating before I even KNEW I was stressed.

The good part of it is that, if you hang tight and just let yourself feel the feelings, you'll get through it and come out the other side feeling better, stronger, and more fully alive. (this is a note to myself, too )
Wow. What a profound effect those words have had on me. I've been going along, doing really well, thinking, "hey! this is it! I can do this!" when WHAMMO! I hit the wall. Hard. And we all know what happens when you go off program...it's HARD to get back on. Because we minimize ALL the good that's been done, (weeks of healthy eating) and blow a day of unhealthy eating all out of proportion...figure "I've blown it," and continue to eat out of control. Hating myself the whole time. When I stop and review what I've actually done...I realize that it's not as bad as I thought. 1 1/2 days of not counting points and eating candy is not going to undo all the good that I have done.

but back to Arabella's words...I need to feel the feelings that I'm trying to sedate. I need to think about this some more, but I'm happily back on track in the mean time.

BTW...so good to see that you're still "out there" Arabella! Feel free to join us anytime!

Time to make the coffee...

see you all later
Old 10-03-2003, 10:54 AM   #24  

Good Morning Girls,

It is a coooooooooool 51 degrees here, wonderful crisp fall day ahead. I love it!

Feeling energetic, so I need to "strike while the old iron is hot", and get out and get moving...

more later.
Old 10-03-2003, 10:59 AM   #25  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

The thread has been really quiet of late. I doubt it is because we are all doing so well that there is nothing to share. Everyone ok out there?

I've been kind of bluesy myself. DH is still out of work. I've been working and reworking the budget to see if there is any way we can make it happen on just one income. I think we're going to see if he qualifies for a student loan and then just let him be the house husband. I honestly don't need the extra pressure, but I don't need the worry of wondering how long his latest job is going to last either. My honey is a good man who has run into a bad streak of job luck that has just happened to run off an on for the last 3.5 years. He has had 7 different jobs in that time! It is insane, but his nursing degree should put an end to that. I want him to be able to concentrate and get through school.

I think both of my jobs are becoming unstable again as well. Chicks, I'm not used to dealing with this. The town clerk assistant job posting date is finally past, and there was only one other applicant with close to my experience, so I'm not too worried about that part, BUT (there is almost always a huge one of those hanging in the air) the council person who doesn't like me has requested our town clerk justify the expense of hiring me. You would think he would have come up with this ploy before we went to the expense of getting my computer set up, networked, extra phone lines, and a wonderfully comfy new chair in there, but no. I really love that job, but I'm coming to believe it is going to be an ongoing hassle keeping it.

My other job, well, the manager's wife was talking to me the other day and asking when I was planning to leave. She has this habit of bring their pillow talk to me directly because she knows her husband has absolutely no communication skills. Heck, as far as I know, they plan it out this way. Anyway, she always brings me the hard stuff because he can't cope. Yeah, I'm coming to really dislike when I see her walk into the building. But I'm getting the feeling that they are going to need to cut one more person from staff, and I'm going to be the IT girl.

Yes, this is long and whiny. I guess I'm trying to get my thoughts out there so I can see where I really stand and how I really feel about where my life is and where it is going. I feel so good about myself physically, and I want the rest of my life to reflect that feeling. I'm no longer willing to settle for half.

Today after work, I'm going to go check out a little unusued kitchen I know of at the RV park just up the street. I kind of snuck in with a friend (yes, totally out of character for me) to scope it out, and this teensy thing could serve my purposes really well. I need a certified kitchen to start a little lunch catering business. There are two industrial parks nearby that have no catering trucks and are far enough from fast food joints to make it practical to get to them. I think I could fill that niche. DH makes beautiful sandwiches. Every time I'm eating one of his, customers ask where I bought it. I've priced out every aspect of making them, packaging, etc., and I can see room for enough profit to make it worthwhile and still a value for the customer. I need a business license, a manager's level food handler's permit and a certified kitchen. I've checked with so many other kitchens, but for one reason or another, they won't work out. This is about the last one I can think of that is also close to my home.

Ok, I put it out there. It feels like I've been holding my breath the entire time it took to write that last paragraph. I need something to work in my life. I'm making the fitness and weight loss parts happen. I think that is what I need to do with the rest. I can't sit back, hoping and praying. I need to take action.

I guess not much of this sounds like it should be on this thread, but it does to me. This journey is becoming all-encompassing, a work to repair all the little things in my life that I have been stuffing down and hiding from and hurting over and just plain afraid of. After my baby boy died, I told people I felt as if I had been put through the fires of **** and come out the other side. Those fires scoured me to the bone.

I am a very different woman now. I like this woman better. I like myself better. For something so small (born at 22 weeks, 10.5 inches and less than 1 lb.) the impact he made on my life from his two short hours of living has been dramatic.

On Ethan's headstone, we put the words, "A gift of love." It seemed fitting since he was born on Valentine's day. Those words seem even more fitting now. He gave me a gift I couldn't give myself. He gave me a willingness to live and the desire to become all the beautiful things of which I am capable.

Ok, I've been crying for at least the last 10 minutes, but they feel like cleansing tears. I'm going to go dry these eyes and head to work, and be thankful I work with a bunch of guys who see red eyes and run the other direction.

Andria

Last edited by qsilver; 10-03-2003 at 11:03 AM.
Old 10-03-2003, 11:36 AM   #26  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Andria, you are one STRONG woman. You have a purpose, goals, and the good sense to prioritize. I'm proud of you!! This thread is not just about weight loss but about all of the things that make us the women we are, or want to be. Whine, brag, laugh, cry, smile or frown we are always here for each other.

The ability to write down what's going on in your life and what you plan to do to make it better is a blessing. To be able to work through all that's happened (and is happening) and be able to see "sunshine" and success on the other side proves that you ARE doing the "repair job" you talked about. {{HUG}}

I don't know about anyone else but I'm going to try to be more like you.

I don't want to say "be strong" because you already are so I'm going to wish you the best of luck on you new venture and toss some love your way cause you deserve it.
Old 10-03-2003, 11:39 AM   #27  

Andria:
You know it's okay to come here and type whatever you like. It does not always have to begin with "I Lost" or "I ate" or whatever. I feel that we have all become friends and some bonds have been made that will never be broken. It is so easy to open up on this thread to these lovely ladies.
I think your lunch wagon idea is great, you should make mega bucks on that if there is nothing else around like it. You will have the market cornered. Good luck with it.
My heart goes out to you on your loss of Ethan. He truely was a gift of love. And it is nice that he made you want to live and be alive and beautiful and so full of life. What a precious gift he left for you. I wish I could reach inside this screen to give you a {{{hug}}}.
Hang in there girl, you are doing this and you will succeed in all that you want to do, just believe!!!!

Sandy
Old 10-03-2003, 12:01 PM   #28  
a work in progress...

Andria...

I always enjoy reading your posts, but the last one took my breath away! No one should ever have to go through what you have, but you've grown stronger as a result.... your sweet baby gave you the courage to do so. I know that you will succeed at whatever you set your mind on to do. The luncheonette sounds wonderful...you were just saying how you'd love to do a soup place...those wheels have been turning, haven't they? Best wishes to you and your hubby! (You know what they say..."when one door closes, another one opens...")

(((hugs)))
Old 10-03-2003, 12:13 PM   #29  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Red face Why journaling points works!

I had a mini melt down yesterday.

Ate junk and more junk and didn't bother to write it down. Then this morning as I was beating myself up for the slip (I know, I know, accept it and move on. ) I made myself journal all the stuff I ate and guess what????? Although I did go way above my point goal I didn't use up all my flex points! I was so sure I had, and now I know I'm still okay for the week. I actually have a very few flex points left and although I probably won't see too much of a loss I did stay OP. Who'd a thunk it???

I know we say this all the time but WRITE IT DOWN it really does work!!

Of couse it would have worked even better if I'd done the writing as I pigged out but it just wasn't in the stars for me yesterday.

OP and not hungry today.
Old 10-03-2003, 03:05 PM   #30  
BELIEVE!

Angry

Hi Girls,
This has been a fairy somber thread the past day or two and I almost waited to post, but I wanted to share my Friday weigh in with my very important cyber-family who understands how hard this weighloss thing is!

I'm down 3 pounds this week!

That means - I am now back where I was before my vacation. It took me one week to gain --- two weeks to take it off. Now I have one more week before the cruise. I hope to lose another 2 this week - leave for the cruise with a 50 pound total loss. I know I will gain 4-7 pounds on the cruise (just being realistic). Then it will take me another 2 weeks to lose it. I don't like the cycle of gaining and losing, but once this trip is over I'll be back on track for a while!

Andria - Your post really touched me, as I am sure it did others. You know that anytime you want you can write about anything you want here! I don't know what to say - you are such a strong woman. Wishing you all the best with the lunch business - I think it sounds great!!! Keep us posted.

j-ann -- Great job writing everything down! If you hadn't you'd probably be beating yourself up about yesterday. Now that you wrote it down you know that you didn't do too much damage. I log everything that goes in my mouth. Even those meals that I don't want to know about --- yep, write 'em down! Keep up the good work!

A Big to everyone! And here is a Hug for those in need .

I need to get some work done and I am trying to get Jeff to go do some shopping with me tonight. Not sure if I'll be successful.

Catch ya later!
Barb
Closed Thread