Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2003, 11:12 AM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again....#434

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

We chat on Wednesday and Sunday at 8:30 EST, 7:30 CST.

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

WELCOME!

Happy Halloween!
Old 10-31-2003, 12:23 PM   #2  
a work in progress...

I am making a solemn vow to myself and to all of you...

~*~*~ I, Kat, do solemnly swear, that I will not, under any circumstances, eat a single, solitary piece of Halloween candy today. ~*~*~

That's not to say that I am going to eat any tomorrow or the next day, but I have to focus on the here and now. I know that when I get through today, I will feel empowered enough to renew my vow tomorrow....or get the candy the heck out of the house!

My sister stopped by on her way to work, so that I could see her costume. I'm still laughing. She's dressed as "Mimi" from the Drew Carey show! Blonde wig, with the little bow, of course, scary blue eyeshadow, severe black eyebrows.... OMG! She was showing me the fat suit under her feather trimmed muu muu shirt and pilazzo pants...I told her, "big deal, I'll take my clothes off and you'll see the same thing!" except for the thong!

****I had started this post around 8:30...got side tracked, hemmed and hawed about going to the gym...ran out at the last minute...made it to "Body Pump" by the skin of my teeth and now I'm back... ***

Somehow, I felt that that you all needed to know that!

Now...on to the matter at hand...

Tina
Quote:
I just told him that I'm going to gain all the weight I lost back and I hope I get so big that they have to open both the back doors to get me in the house.
OH, NO YOU'RE NOT, MISSY!!!! Now...you may not like what I'm about to say, but just know that it's said with love and understanding for how you are feeling...

Could it be that the reason that you are so upset with Ron is that there is an element of truth in what he said?
Quote:
all your basically doing is paying them $12 to weigh you and if I was doing that, you'd be all over me."
I can't vouch for HOW he said it, but when you think about it...isn't this what we all eventually end up doing? We start going to the meetings, full of fire and determination...the enthusiasm fizzles after a few weeks...we end up just barely squeaking by...bemoan the fact that we "only" lost a lb...beat ourselves up when we gain 6/10ths of a pound...then we spite ourselves by eating, "Oh, what the ****...I'm fat anyway." Sound familiar? The sad thing is...we've repeated this cycle so many times...and no matter what...Weight Watchers gets richer by the day... This is not to say that what they preach isn't good. I LOVE the system! And it works...IF YOU WORK IT! We put so much faith into the hope that WW is really going to work this time! NO!!! It won't work, if you don't do the work yourself...no matter how many meetings you go to or how good the leader is! ...Just how many times have our families seen us repeat this cycle over and over? Look at the situation through their eyes. Perhaps he's tired of seeing you putting yourself through this again and again...perhaps he doesn't want you to have to drive that far...I don't know...I'm really not defending him, just playing "devil's advocate." Isn't that usually Thin's job? Perhaps I've overstepped my bounds... I'll be stepping off my soap box now...

***again, I've been at this so long that the thread has changed and I have to cut and paste this to the new one...I can't do any more replies...I'm spent with the last one. Please don't be mad at me Tina...I mean nothing but the best for you...I hope you know that!

Have a great day all...

Trick or Treat!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 10-31-2003 at 02:51 PM.
Old 10-31-2003, 03:05 PM   #3  

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

Well I just got tricked; I lost my post!!

I stayed OP yesterday and got a walk in.

TINA - girl you go that meeting; let DH know what he said hurt you.

Hope you all have a fun and safe Halloween!
Old 10-31-2003, 03:22 PM   #4  
Dancing those pounds away

HI ... I have not read so I cannot comment on anything.
I just wanted to send you a quick note that I will be gone for a week probably.
The nursing home just called and said the family needs to get there ASAP .. that mom does not look like she will make it much longer. I have packed a bag and walking out the door. I just did not want anyone worrying about me being gone. Love to all.
Old 10-31-2003, 05:20 PM   #5  
BELIEVE!

Hi All --

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

Can't talk now, another crazy, crazy day....I'll catch up with you later!

Love and Hugs to all -- and an extra big hug to Tina and 2cute! (you need it!) I'm thinking about you!

Barb
Old 10-31-2003, 06:31 PM   #6  
I'm on my way!

Trick or treating is hard work! Phew....I am tired and ready for bed...but I have to make an appearance at the Dr.'s Halloween party...have to check out the indoor pool in his house! Funny thing I heard....his wife went from go go dancer to dr.'s wife...how come I can't be that lucky??? Geeeesh!! Some people have all the luck!

Well anyway...HAPPY HALLOWEEN!! Gotta go hand out some candy to the goblins!

TTFN Michelle
Old 11-01-2003, 01:35 AM   #7  
I'm on my way!

OMG I had sooo much fun tonight! I just got home and here there is no one to talk to! Oh well, guess I'll just go to bed!
Old 11-01-2003, 08:59 AM   #8  
a work in progress...

All right....where the heck IS everyone? Taking the rolling pin to the leftover candy? I will be doing that shortly. Let me go on record as saying: I DID NOT BREAK MY VOW! This must be the first Halloween in my entire life that I did not have a single piece of candy. A minor miracle...make that a MAJOR miracle! While my son was out, and I was home ALONE, there were a few touch and go moments. For instance...the minute he left, I automatically headed for the candy bowl. Without a thought about it, I found myself peering into the bowl. Surprisingly, nothing in there really appealed to me, so I walked away. Impulse #1 averted. I was waiting for my daughter to drive down from school. Worrying about her in that Friday afternoon rush hour traffic, I headed for the bowl. I resisted that, thinking, "geez, what should I do?" What should I do??" Is that all I ever do? EAT? I couldn't think of anything else to do??? So I folded the clothes in the dryer, swept the kitchen floor, put some clothes away that have been piled in my room for about a week, dusted, sorted through the mail...hmmm...come to think of it...I must have been doing something other than these simple chores! (That might also explain why I haven't lost anything lately!)

ANYWAY...Halloween was fun. I told you about my sister, dressed as Mimi...(from Drew Carey's show--the large, outrageously dressed, brassy blonde) Last night, she and my brother in law came over while the boys were out trick or treating. We decided to pick up a pizza for dinner. (I may not have had candy, but I DID have pizza! ) Sis went to pick up the pizza. The pizza parlor is two doors down from my gym. There are huge windows that look into the gym, right by all the treadmills, Stairmasters, etc. She parked the car by the gym, slowly walked by the window and then stopped, just peering in and watching the exercisers. Waiting for a reaction. She said most people did a double take, then averted their eyes. Only one guy outright laughed at her. Exhibitionist.

My daughter and her friends came home from school to go to a party at a friend's house. They dressed as the Spice Girls. Two girls and three boys.... they really looked great! Good thing Daddy had to work last night, so he didn't see the skimpy dress that "Posh" (our daughter) was wearing! "Baby" Spice was a 6 foot fellow in a pink slip and blonde wig. I may have to include Halloween pictures in the Christmas cards this year!

Speaking of Christmas cards, has everyone who is participating, given their addresses to Michelle? Good Lord, it's November already! Halloween's over...time to really start thinking about the holidays! And how we're going to survive them! Planning, planning, planning...that's all i can say. Plan to stay OP!! This year I will NOT be saying, "oh, ****...it's the holidays, I'll start again in January!"

Okay...once again, I've rambled on and on. I'd better get moving here. Son and nephew and I are going to paint our picket fence. (a scout project is one way to get stuff done around here!)

Have a wonderful weekend, all...

Oh! Before I forget...I just wanted to tell ANDRIA how much I enjoyed your article! Your town sounds like a wonderful place to live! Thanks for sharing.

Okay, I'm really out of here now...

HEY!!! I heard that collective sigh of relief!!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 11-01-2003 at 09:07 AM.
Old 11-01-2003, 09:14 AM   #9  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Goooood Morning
We just got up
Tomorrow is Peters birthday and I am taking him out to dinner today not sure where yet.

Hope all of you have a great day.
Food wasn't too good yesterday. I had a slimfast bar at breakfst but had taco bell at lunch (chicken quesidella and ultimate nachos) then middle of the afternoon I went to a soda fountain and got a hot fudge brownie sunday It was sooo good.

I'll catch all of you later have to grab a shower and dress.
Old 11-01-2003, 09:27 AM   #10  
BELIEVE!

Hi Girls!!!

I DID IT!!! Along with Kat, I also managed to get through Halloween without having one single piece of candy!!!!

I didn't go buy the candy until 5:00 and then I didn't buy any chocolate. DH was a little dissappointed that I didn't buy any "good" candy - then I explained why and he tended to agree!!! The kids loved me --- we didn't get as many trick-or-treaters as I thought so I was giving away handfuls. There is still some left which I am going to take to work on Monday and put in the kitchen - far away from my desk.

I also woke up today with a new motivation about myself. I got up early, did some laundry, swept the kitchen, pooper scooped th back yard and WENT TO THE GYM!!!!!

It's only 9:20 and I feel so accomplished!!! I think we are going car shopping today. DH got his car back from the accident a few weeks ago. We are thinking about trading it in. The body work looks great, but it's living on borrowed time with the engine --- it's 8 years old with 111,000 miles on it! He's hoping for a new Explorer --- we'll see.

Anyone heard of the new "Trading Spaces - Boys and Girls"? It's on NBC on Saturday mornings. I haven't seen it yet, but they are in our neighborhood taping a new show -- they'll be here today, tomorrow and Monday - about 4 houses down from me. At first I was really excited about it, but then I discovered that it's a completely different cast. So, no lingering around watching Ty. I bet it will be fun for the kids!

Kat -- Good Job staying away from the Candy! Can't wait to see a pic of the Spice "Girls"!

Michelle -- So glad you had fun last night!! Please fill us in on all the details!

Tina - What's new with that adorable, knuckle-head of a hubby??? I hope you are doing ok. I was so sad for you when I read your message that I honestly didn't know what to say!
{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

Gotta run for now --- A big HELLO to everyone!

Barb
Old 11-01-2003, 12:54 PM   #11  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

Thought I'd better come in here and share how good it feels to be back on a plan this morning. I feel so resolved to do this. It is interesting, I had this "do or die" thing going on this morning, and it reminded me of some past posts from Tina. I can't stand the thought of letting more weight creep back onto this body. It feels right now as if this shell I'm wearing is crushing me inside. I have to do this. I am doing this. It honestly feels like if I don't, I'm going to die. Not the spiritual kind of death, chicks, I'm talking keel over, heart attack or something kind of death. The slower kind I'm putting my body through already is bad enough. I'm too young to be feeling like I do physically.

Ok, back to work. I'm here changing thousands of inventory item general ledger codes. There are about 6500 of them... Fun for me! And yeah, I'm not supposed to be online, but I have to do something to give myself a break when the lines begin to blur together.

Andria
Old 11-01-2003, 08:33 PM   #12  
BELIEVE!

Good Evening All!
My oh my it's been quiet around here today! What is everyone up to??? We had an exhausting day of car shopping. We were out and about from 11am - 8pm. We test drove several cars. Still not sure what we are doing. We put a $100 deposit to hold one car until Monday night that wea re considering. It will just keep them from selling it on Monday. Not sure what to do. I really hate the car buying process and dealing with salesmen.

I think I'll curl up on the couch with a magazine and watch Trading Spaces.

Sweet Dreams to all!
Barb
Old 11-02-2003, 08:17 AM   #13  
a work in progress...

Whoa...has this thread come to a screeching halt!!!

Come out, come out wherever you are!

I'm going to ride my bike to the gym this morning. I hope to see a few posts when I get back!!!
Old 11-02-2003, 09:52 AM   #14  
You and Me in 2003

I'm here
Old 11-02-2003, 10:20 AM   #15  

I got a late start today. I woke up at 6AM to gun shots and that continued to wake me up every time I dozed off. I tried to sleep until 8 since it's the weekend and I need my beauty sleep.

I was doing good with my diet until Friday - I don't know why exactly but am thinking on it. I just felt tired. I didn't stick to my diet but certainly didn't over eat like I would have before so hopefully I didn't do any major damage.

Saturday I cleaned out two closets and my linen closet. I am happy that is done. I sure have a lot of extra hangers now!

Kat
Quote:
We start going to the meetings, full of fire and determination...the enthusiasm fizzles after a few weeks...we end up just barely squeaking by...bemoan the fact that we "only" lost a lb...beat ourselves up when we gain 6/10ths of a pound...then we spite ourselves by eating, "Oh, what the ****...I'm fat anyway." Sound familiar?
d

I don't go to WW but this sure spoke to me. I really relate to the "spite ourselves". If on Friday I would have eaten or drank things high in calories because I was doing something fun, participating in life that would have been okay with me. I did it because I was tired and out of spite. Kat, Thanks for the post you have given me something to work on this week.

2Cute: my thoughts and prayers are with you.

I need to go and get some coffee.

GO VIKINGS
Closed Thread