Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2003, 11:26 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Default Friday Night

And I'm going to BED!!!! I am tired. I just did my second round of cardio, and boy.. I came so close to blowing it off... but I had set a goal for myself this week and knew I couldn't do that.... so now.... it's done and I am even more tired... :-)

Julie... hey girl.... I need to find some low carb bread..... I haven't had any bread except for what is on pizza for over a month now... and you have me craving a pb&j now!

Red balloon... great job with the gym work! Hope you have a wonderful visit to the states!!! Be careful!

Chris... nice to see you again!!!! Keep coming back, you are truly a motivation around here! It's nice to see someone who had made it through the hard work and got results!!! Now I will just need to learn from you how to maintain!

Angie.. I hate indoor work too, but that is all I can do at the moment... and I have found listening to my alternative rock music keeps my legs going on the treadmill and the elliptical machine, and having something interesting to watch on TV. It's not so bad.. but I do miss my outdoor runs I used to do.

Noelle Hope you get some rest this weekend.. Good luck with WW. My sister loved it.

Ok beautiful ladies... I need to go to bed.... talk to you all soon!

Cherie
Old 10-04-2003, 07:34 AM   #32  

Good morning! I should clarify an earlier post, I was 146 on my mom's scales last weekend, which means that mine was higher. Her's is always 2 or 3 pounds lower than mine. I was going to trade with her, but, mine is newer, lol. Anyway, I weighed myself at home last Tuesday, and it said 148. This morning I weighed in at 146. I have NO IDEA how I lost those 2 pounds, I have been eating sooo poorly all week, peanutbutter, hershey kisses, cookies. Is it a bad idea to drink coffee before exercising? I have switched from diet coke to coffee because I think the aspartame in the soda is affecting my health.

Angie,

I can't seem to get back on track either. I keep trying to tell myself that when I eat the way I have been and exercise, I am wasting my time, or, just exercising to not GAIN weight .

Noelle,

Good luck with the WW, $20 off sounds like a great deal! Have you found out if you are pregnant yet? Keep us posted!

Cherie,

Good job on the weight loss. I LOVE pizza as well, and wouldn't have been able to resist either. When we took our son to Chuck E Cheese, the slices were thin, so, really 3 slices didn't amount to much.

Hello to Julie, Kempy, Chris, redballoon...everyone else! Have a great day!!
Old 10-04-2003, 01:41 PM   #33  
No Limit Souljah!!

Ciao Ladies,

It feels so good to be able to pop in and see how your doing. I turn away for a few days and i come back to stories of triumph, misbehaving and possible pregnancy OH MY!! Noelle, Young lady, I will deal with you in a hot minute but first:

I have so many mixed emotions as i prepare to fly out of Italy and leave the Army life behind. There was a memorial service for another soldier from our base killed in Iraq. He was a very uoung soldier, 19 I think and it's at times like this where i feel a sense of guilt for walking away while by brothers are still dying.

On the other hand I look forward to returning to the 8 brothers and sisters I left behind 4 years ago. I look forward to moving in with my fiance and finally ending this long *** long distance relationship which just hit the 5 year mark in September. I look forward to purchasing the Yorkshire terrier that I've always wanted. A male teacup sized yorkie. I'm just ready to return the the "normal" life and I'm too excited for words.

I just got an email from a friend of mine who left the army a year ago who's advice to me was to "keep exercising...don't become a fat-*** vet like me" It made me realize that excersise is an everyday part of military life and it's so easy to just stop but that I have to recommit myself to a life of fitness.

Anyways I don't want to drag on about this so lets just get to the pm's shall we:

Angie- A new month already and I'm going through changes not only in weight but in lifestyle. it's crazy but I thank you for keeping this thread up. It's good to know that when everything around me is changing that you and this thread are s fixture. Now if only we can do something about your slow metabolism and my plateau (still at 140 can you %&# belive it??!!)

Noelle, Noelle, Noelle- Now a new baby wouldn't exactly be best for the whole weight loss thing now would it? Seriously though I'm so excited for you (I know we don't know for sure yet but still, this is pretty juicy stuff) Your boy is adorable, by the way. I peeped him in the pic. The weather in the bug boot is pretty warm too. Not as warm as you ofcourse, about in the 70's. I can honestly say I don't miss NY for the weather. Anyways, mommy or not a mommy? keep us updated!!

Cherie- Way to go on the weight loss and bad bad girl on the food choices. Remember your man is coming gotta look good. Though a size 9 is pretty cool if I do say so myself. I used to work at Chuck E Cheese and I was downing so much of that good pizza that At first I was too big to get into the army and had to loose 15 pounds! I have to stay away from that place when I get home.

Red- Hey Girl!! You seem to be doing well with a little slip here and there but you are consitantly going to the gym so good for you!!

kempy- What's good, heard you were a little sick, hope you're better these days.

Holly- What's going on with the sweets?? We gotta get it together, babe. NO coffee is bad before any workout!
Oh my we need some dedication this week. You can do it hon!By the way, don't sweat the scales. I say mom's ia always right!

Julie- How ya been girl? Miss chattering with ya!

To all I missed Hope you weekend is going well. 12 days until "operation homecoming" It's really happening!

-Dips-
Old 10-04-2003, 02:11 PM   #34  

Hi everyone! Just a quick hello......

Dips you should be so proud of yourself for devoting the time you have to America. Each and everyone of you and your fellow soliders are heros. You are all so brave to leave your family and lifestyle behind to serve. I don't know if I could do it. Just think about how well you served your country and how good it will feel to have your loved ones in your arms. Much respect to you!!!! Julie
Old 10-05-2003, 03:51 AM   #35  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey ladies! It's almost my bedtime this Saturday night and I've had a pretty good day. I bit the bullet and signed up for 10 weeks at WW. I was a bit nervous about going but I've heard mostly great things about the program and from other ladies on these boards who have done it, they've gotten great results too. So my first day is over and done with and I feel like I did good. I'm allotted 24 points per day and after the day was done, I still had 1 pt. left! That was with a serving of ice cream at the end of the day too. I've got the motivation again, this time for sure since I'll have to face someone live and in person for a weigh-in once a week--that's sure to keep me on track. I also got into my son's toybox and all his other toys laying around the house and got them sorted into "keep" and "give away" boxes. It took me most of the afternoon to do and I'm glad I got through it. I have a huge box of clothes he's outgrown from about when he was a year old and up... pulling out those clothes and seeing how tiny he was...it's unbelievable how quickly time flies! And nope, I'm pretty sure I'm not pregnant. Took another test this morning which turned up negative--so I just jumped in the car and headed to WW. No worries about traveling or losing weight now. OK enough about moi!

Dips, no guilt! You served, you sacrificed--time and distance away from your family. You deserve to get out (literally) and have a normal civilian life. You come from a family of 8 brothers and sisters? Wow, that's awesome. I only have 6 sisters, no brothers and there were quite a few catty moments while I was growing up. So now that you're reuniting with your fiance, will wedding bells be ringing in the not so distant future? *sigh*

Red, hope you have a great and safe trip to the states.

Hey Holly . Who cares how the lbs go away--as long as they leave right? Consider it a bonus that you got to eat all those chocolate goodies . Nah, just kidding. If you've been exercising despite eating those things, your metabolism is just kicking into gear. But, to be safe, drop the chocolates now!

Cherie you are doing great girl keeping those goals . Hope you get some rest this weekend too.

Chris, doesn't it make you feel good to be such an inspiration to others? Be proud girl, you've come a long way and you show them how it's done .

Angie how's your weekend going? Any other road trips? Enjoy the cool weather for me .

Kempy, that banquet must've been something! Haven't heard from you since Thursday...at home recuperating?

Hey Julie, how's your weekend turning out so far? What's on the menu for dinner tomorrow? I enjoy hearing what the rest of you are having, that way if I'm stumped, I can just follow the rest of y'all.

Hello and good night to everyone else...see ya ladies tomorrow!
Old 10-05-2003, 05:13 AM   #36  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Smile all right! I'm keepin' postin"!!

Hello everyone and thanks for all the bon voyage wishes and congrats on my superb gym work. As for the trip, I was talking to my father in Pgh. this morning on my land line when the mobile rang with a call from NY so I'm feeling much more connected to "the other side" now. I'm really starting to look forward to the old U.S. of A. Tokyo gets so boring as basically everyone looks more or less alike. But I've also always loved New York. I feel the freedom of Tokyo (lots of walking, public transpo) with a totally different, much more wacky, energized feel. And it's so much more cosmopolitan. I definitely feel the closeness to Europe in NY. And then, old Pgh. I love going back there, so relaxing, so sane, yet not boring really, lots of really friendly people. Ok, I'm waxing nostalgic here if you haven't noticed. . . .

Heh, tell me all you fashion mavens, just how weird/out of it/rude will people think you are if you don't get dressed up for a wedding? It's not me (though I'll be definitely on the toned-down side) but for the young kid who's putting me up in NYC and whom I invited to the wedding. Now, my friend I think is going to have a pretty ritzy shindig but it's still black tie optional. My friend in NY (a young Japanese guy) is a down-and-out student/artist type and was actually calling because he says he has nothing to wear and wanted to bail out. I told him no way, go! and don't worry about people looking askance at you. As soon as they've had a few drinks they'll get over it! I told him that, besides, anyone who cares so much about clothes wouldn't be any friend of mine so if that's the case it's better to find out sooner than later. But I was wondering, what is the whole idea about going formal and is it super rude not to be dressed up? I can't imagine it is but wanted to hear your opinions on it. Maybe I can buy this fellow a pair of pants at least.

Oh, jbbm, I hear you totally with your falling off the wagon woes. I do a similar thing but I think I work hard, see results, then ease off and am devastated by how easy it seems to see the results disappear! Maybe I forget just how much effort I did put into it, maybe a lot of it is exhaustion making me look worn out (and thinner) but yes, I'm very bad about being consistent. I'm a stop and go hare type (not the tortoise) and this is my downfall when it comes to winning this fat game. But I'm doing SO much better than I did when I was younger so I'm just going to keep at it. So, chin up and push on. Remember, we're just made special-like!

Photogirl, you are really amazing. I know how much work you've been doing with your exercise and all. I sure hope you see the results soon but I think you already know you're way far out in front in this race! Keep it going!

chikitababe, lucky you, huh? pounds slipping away despite the sweets. But, yes, be careful, you don't start OVERindulging. Before exercise is probably the ONLY time coffee is a good idea (sorry Dips!) It does give you a physical boost and they say that the caffeine actually helps get the fat ready to be metabolized more easily if you kick in the exercise, so, sure go for it! But if you were drinking diet coke then you probably won't notice a difference because coke has a lot of caffeine in it too. Just be careful to drink lots of water. Don't overdue the coffee because it is a diuretic. Just a cup or so for the caffeine kick. Yeah, aspartame is bad stuff. It really bothers me that it's allowed on the market. The FDA it seems is selling the health of the nation out to big business! I mean, aspartame is KNOWN to have bad effects on brain chemistry among other things. I believe fighter pilots are banned from drinking anything with it in it. Heh, I may not be a fighter pilot but it's definitely a battleground out there!!!

Speaking of battlegrounds, Dips, I really understand the complicated mix of feelings you're having. Being in the military really changes your perspective on things. When it's truly a matter of life and death I guess it's easy to think civilian life is somehow something "less." But life and death situations are not just out on the battlefield and there is injustice and wrongs to be righted everywhere in the world. And please, don't feel you need to be in the military any longer because others are. You've done your time there. Surely, there is no one you would call a friend who would want to see you risking your life any longer just because they are. No doubt a lot of what you're feeling is just plain old sadness at saying goodbye. It's so hard when you're leaving and moving a whole ocean away. I know! But I always tried to keep one eye toward where I was heading while I was still where I was and then, when I set down in a new place, it's eyes front and forward, march! There's so much waiting for you. And remember, there are many, many ways to serve your country, your people, and many ways to save lives and better lives, not just abroad but at home too. Ok, I'm getting off my soapbox now. . . .

Noelle, good for you for biting the bullet. Now, that's an expression I don't like too much but yeah. . .OK, if it's gotta be done. . . I don't know about the modernday WW but when I was a teenager I was with them for awhile and liked it. I think it's gotten much more commercialized and all with the whole line of food products and such but if you find a good group it can be fun. You can get a good group or a boring one though so I'd look around if you're not happy with where you are. But that's getting ahead of things. This point system is something new (well, for me) and it sounds like they've really expanded the program. It works for lots of people. I'm sure it'll work for you. Yes, "live and in person" is a scary concept these days, isn't it? That should help keep you in line!

Last edited by redballoon; 10-05-2003 at 05:20 AM.
Old 10-05-2003, 09:36 AM   #37  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hi everybody. We want to go to Camden(by the ocean) camping next weekend so me and Jay took a ride down yesterday. It is so much nicer there than Bar Harbor!! I cant belive I was born in Maine and have never been there. We will probably take the kids down this coming weekend for the last overnighter before we have to have the RV winterized before December. The dogs LOVED walking around the shoreline!!Rebel even got me to trip on a rock and he wasnt going to stop for me to get up either!! Food was bad but I am back to the grindstone today. (I get so sick of saying that EVERY week!!!!) Lets hope this time I can find my groove again. I really miss the feeling of eating right and not having my face and belly swollen. I actually made Jay eat the rest of the chocolate cheesecake for his breakfast this morning so I cant.

Dips, I agree with everyone else. You did your duty and now it is time for you to enjoy your life with your family. We are all greatful for all that you guys have done for us. I cant wait to see pics of your new Yorkie either. I looked up yorkies on Petfinder and found some cutiepies. I saw one at the campground we were at in New Hampshire last time too. She was so cute!!

Holly, Way to go girl!! 2 pounds gone is 2 pounds gone!!! You are doing great now if we could just eat healthy all the time we would have it made.

Cherie, You are working your butt off literally. I am going to use you as my role model this week and when I want to eat junk I will try to think of how well you are doing and maybe keep my motivation up.

Noelle, No baby? That is too bad. Maybe soon though. I am so proud of you for joining weight watchers, let me know how it works out,okay? Are the points easy to figure out?

Red, Have fun in the states. I dont think anyone should mind if your friend doesnt dress up. At least they shouldnt anyways.

Julie,hi.
Old 10-05-2003, 09:58 AM   #38  

Default Sunday Morning!

Good Morning Everyone..... It's Sunday.. one more day of relaxing before going back to work. This week will be another busy one for me, two payrolls have to be ran. Oh well... I have a job, so I can't complain!

I have managed to put in some good time exercising this weekend. I now have two different pilates tapes that I have been doing. They make me feel so good and stretched out afterwards.... I am hoping to get that long lean sexy look from them.. once I can burn this fat off the top of my muscles! I also went last night after the girls were in bed and did the ellpitical machine for 45 minutes. I plan on doing the same routine today.

Angie.. you will get back on track. I guess I have some pretty major motivational factors working on my side. Something that I feel the need to prove to myself, and to someone else. I have recently took the motto that SUCCESS is the BEST REVENGE. Now Revenge isn't exactly the right word I am looking for here... but it works. So I am in "the Zone" right now, and I will continue to stay here. I have a lot of weight that I want to lose, but I am concentrating on it in 10 pound increments. And by certain dates. It keeps me accountable for doing my exercise, and eating right. The food will be there later, for when I am maintaining and exercising, but for now, I want to see the results of my hard work, so that is keeping me going. I make sure I take time for me to exercise, I have it a little easier than you... I only have my two little girls to take care of, and since they are not involved in any outside activities... they are basically on my schedule, and I don't have a husband to worry about either. You can do it... you just need to figure out and find what motivates you... and then work out a structured program so you KNOW you can always fit everything in....95% of the time! :-)

Where you are going sounds so pretty. I wish there were places like that around here.. but there isn't. Plain Ole Ugly Oklahoma.. land of the red clay. ewww..

Red... You know, as long as your friend is neat and clean... why would anyone notice? They are going to the wedding to see the bride and groom... most of the time, people don't really notice others. Just go and enjoy yourselves and have a great time.

Noelle.. WTG on joining WW!!! I have heard great things about them. Good Luck with it, and keep us posted on your success! Sorry about the not being pregnant... but it will happen if you want it too... once you get the weight off and are exercising regularly, you will probably get pregnant without even trying! :-) (That's how I got my little Megan!!! hahahaha)

Hi Julie, hope your weekend is going great!

Dips.... You have done a fantastic job for our country, and we are all so greatful for you! Now it's time for you to enjoy your life, (not that you haven't so far!) but to enjoy your civilian life, be close to friends and family, and continue your relationship with your boyfriend. You have lots to look foward too!!! We are all excited for your new changes in your life!

Holly!!! Great job with the scale!!! Who knows what is going on with you and your scale, but keep the motivation up and hopefully it will continue to be good to you!!!!!!

Ok everyone.... I promised I would let Hannah on the computer and play.... talk to you all later!

Cherie
Old 10-05-2003, 12:57 PM   #39  

Hello everyone

Cherie its sounds like you are doing great. You really are showing us that you are totally committed!

Angie I love cheesecake! I could eat it as a meal. I tend to give my hubby extra servings so I won't eat them. He does not seem to mind most of the time.

Noelle isn't it something how fast kids grow. I bet you are going to do great on weight watchers. Your trip is coming up soon isn't it?

Red have fun in the states. I was to New York once and it is just so big and has great culture!

Hi Kempy!

Yesterday I made some roasted pumpkin seeds! Yummy!!!!
As for me last night I made a fairly healthy meal. I made chicken fajitas with green and red peppers onions and fresh mushrooms, and cheese and sourcream and homemade salsa. I did have two large flour tortillas but it was great. Today I am going to make BLT's for lunch. Just want to relax and watch some football today. Try not to eat to many snacks though . Check in later Guys.
Old 10-05-2003, 07:14 PM   #40  

Hey everyone little confession, I just made a pan of brownies and a pan of chocolate chip cookie bars. Going to have a small one of each and send the rest to work with hubby. Starting fresh and new tomorrow. Anyway today I went to the craft store and made the cutest fall wreath. It was alot of fun. Just something to do by myself. Kinda like a little therapy. Hope you are all having a great Sunday.
Old 10-05-2003, 10:46 PM   #41  

Cherie I have a quick question for you...I was wondering what do you eat for breakfast and lunch. You seem to be doing so well with your weight loss. I hope you don't mind me asking I was just wondering. Thanks a bunch. Julie
Old 10-05-2003, 11:07 PM   #42  

Default Sunday Night...

Well.. I just got finished doing my elliptcal workout... and i am tired. Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Julie.... good for you for sending those brownies away!!! Chocolate and sweets are my downfall, so I try not to keep them in the house. Instead for my girls I keep apples and pudding and applesauce and yougart... things that I wouldn't normally binge on.

As for breakfast and lunch.. well, I am on phase 2 of the SouthBeach diet.. so I take a bowl of cereal, Total and about 3/4 cup of skim milk for breakfast. For mid morning snack, I have two of the veggie quiche cups that are in the book, and for lunch, last week, I was having a small bowl of chili with some lowfat cheese. Or I will bake me a sweet potato with a teaspoon of light butter. I drink a TON of water throughout the day and that keeps most of the hunger pangs away, and for an afternoon snack, normally some cheese as well. At night, I try to eat dinner no later than 6 or 6:30 pm and I continue to drink my water in the evening. I know it's not a lot of food.. but amazingly I am not hungry. The food is really filling and I am not getting hungry throughout the day. Once I get closer to my goal weight, I will start to phase in more food, and phase out some of the exercise. Right now, I am really putting an effort in my exercising as well. I have a goal of New Years Eve to be where I want to be. My goals for the new year won't be focused on losing weight, but rather maintaining my new lifestyle.

Ok... time to go to bed. Talk to you all tomorrow!

Cherie
Old 10-05-2003, 11:23 PM   #43  

Thanks so much for the information Cherie. I might purchase the South Beach Diet book. Well I thought I would check in before bed. I am so tired...Talk to you guys tomorrow.
Old 10-06-2003, 07:37 AM   #44  
No Limit Souljah!!

Ciao Ladies,

I am worn out!! Out Proccessing is a pain in the neck. But in just 10 short days it will be all over. I can't thank you guys enough for your words of encouragement. They mean a lot to me. My friends over here are wishing me well also. These guys are really amazing. They are supportive and selfless no matter what. I don't think I'll find that anywhere else (you said it, Red)

Noelle- Wow! You took the big leap. WW is going to be your success engine, I can feel it I look forward to hearing about your progress.

Angie- You Will find your groove. I agree that it's all about self motivation. And you have it, girl. Don't give up.

Red- You always make me feel so much better after reading your posts. Have a blast at the wedding and enjoy the break from asia. You definately deserve it. And I agree that as long as your friend is neat, he'll be just fine.

Cherie- You are in a ZONE!! Good for you. It is good to see some consistancy! I anticipate some great results at the end of the month.

Juile- You certainly have the drive you just seem to need a method of operation. i think once you find it, you're well on your way.

I had the best time at my aerobics class this morning. I'm still hanging at the 140 mark but I'm glad to be maintaining instead of losing. i'll post some pics as soon as I can. My personal computer is on a boat somewhere in the Atlantic. So i can only type at work. I have a ton of stuff to do this week. TTYL

-Dips-
Old 10-06-2003, 07:43 AM   #45  

Good morning.....it's Monday! I am off to a fresh start, and am going to put the last 3 weeks behind me! I have walked 3 miles so far, and drank 16 oz of water (along with my coffee ). I have to start small, so, my first goal is going to be to NOT eat any sweets or junk until at least Thursday, and we'll see if I can make it longer. My exercise has been on track, so that should be ok.

Dips,

I would have to agree with the advice you were given from a vet. My husband (6'2), was 190 when he left the Army (due to a bad knee injury), and in 5 years has gained 50 pounds! WOW, you have 8 brothers and sisters!? How old are they, where do you fit in the mix (age wise)? I wanted 4 kids, but, hubby had a vasectomy after our 2nd together (3rd child total).

Noelle,

Good luck with WW! Sorry to hear you are not pg. I know what you mean about pulling out old kids clothes!! I pulled out my daughter's snow suit from 1 1/2 years ago (she was 6 months then), and it is sooo tiny. Kinda makes me sad, they grow up so fast!

Reballoon,

I am trying Splenda in my morning coffee instead of sugar, but, will not go back to the aspartame. This is going to sound odd, but, the aspartame makes my lower lip and tip of tongue numb, and causes my speech to be off. I know it's from the aspartame, because after not having anything that contains it after 3 days or so, the numbness goes away! So far as the dress code for the wedding, my husband and I recently attended a Italian Catholic wedding, and he did not have a suit either, so I told him to wear his cacky's and a white dress shirt. He owns one tie, so, that's what he wore! Every other man attending had a suit jacket and pants, but, nobody said anything to us, or looked at us with prejudice.

Angie,

Brrrr! Isn't it chilly to go camping now? I am a 75-80 degree woman, so, 55 is chilly willy to me, lol. I know what you mean about back to the grind, I have been sooo bad with food as well, and am also getting tired of saying "this week." So, today, I mean it, I have to do this! We can do it together! I often feel it would be easier if I had a workout buddy that I could meet on a daily/every other day basis to keep motivation. Unfortunately, most of my personal friends either don't eat, don't diet, don't exercise, or just don't care.

Cherie,

Way to go on the exercise! You are doing great! I wouldn't do well on a diet plan per say because I know when I went back to eating "normal" again, I would gain it all back. So, my challenge is to find a balance I can live with, and stick with for good. I am trying to find a way to be at my ideal weight without starving myself, or exercising like a mad woman .

Julie,

Don't feel bad about the brownies and cookie bars. I made this delicious snicker bar pie Saturday that had to refrigerate over night, so, yesterday was the day to eat it......it was soooo yummy! Now, I need a good kick in the rear to get going again.

Kempy,

Hi! Where did you go?

Hello to everyone.....here's to a great Monday!!

Holly
Closed Thread