Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2003, 10:01 AM   #136  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Talking LEAF PEEPIN!!!!

My neighbors trees changed over the weekend. Here is how bright they are right now. I'll have to post a pic of how dead everything looks when the leaves are gone. YUCK!
Old 10-13-2003, 11:08 AM   #137  

Goodmorning everyone!

Angie I don't want winter to come either. It was nice here this weekend so I just got a lawn chair out and sat in the sun. It is something how the sun can just lift your spirits. I am going to miss that so much. Love the neighbors trees, are those maples? They are my favorite.

Kempy hope your weekend was nice. And hope you can check in today when you have time!

Cherie sounds like a rough weekend. I think you did great for getting one tape in for how busy you were this weekend. You will get that scale moving down again don't worry.

Dips hi I did not get to much excercising in this weekend. But my eating was pretty much on track. Well except for Saturday night for the steak, buttermilk biscuits and cheese fries. Sorry if I made anyone have cravings ! I know I know really bad. I am really going to try and cut down on the bad carbs and see if the scale starts moving. Enjoy your last days in Italy!

Noelle any good cook outs this weekend? I bet you stayed within your point range though.

Check in later! Julie

Old 10-13-2003, 11:24 AM   #138  

Angie I love the pics. It really looked like you guys had a fun time. Did you son pout this time? I wish we had such dramatic changes in our leaves here they are so beautiful. We do have a little bit of a change but nothing that awesome.

I think I may have to go out and buy a scale. I am tired of not knowing what is going on with me. I just know one thing my pants fit terribly. I am not going to bore you with all of the bad details of how I am feeling but it is not happy.
Old 10-13-2003, 03:35 PM   #139  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Kempy, I am sorry that you are feeling down. I wished I could make you feel better. You have been doing great. Just keep doing what you are doing and you will see improvements.{{{{{Kempy}}}}}

No amazingly enough Corey didnt pout this time. I am surprised too. The ride away was only like an hour and a half so he probably didnt have time to work up to it though. Dont worry though they are all home this week on school vacation and he is making up for it. LOL

Back to work!!! TTYL
Old 10-13-2003, 03:36 PM   #140  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Happy Monday everyone. Had a good weekend despite eating a bit much. I did well at the Saturday birthday luau though. I stayed away from the kalua pig (drowning in it's own fat) and laulau, and had the lomi salmon, which is a cold salad type dish with salted salmon, tomatoes and onions, the raw fish poke (po-kay) and chicken long rice . I had some purple sweet potato and a small piece of coconut haupia for dessert instead of the cake so that satisfied my sweet tooth. Yesterday was a bit harder but I ate nowhere near as much as I would have before so it's not a complete loss. I used 10 of my flexpoints (over and above my alotted daily points) and I have a total of 35 for the week so I didn't do an all out splurge--thank goodness! This week will be one of staying on track and walking my butt off.

Angie those pics are beautiful (even if you are married to the grinch ) You look marvelous and your kids are mirror images of you and Jay--except I can see that Corey smiles..? hehe. Love the vibrant color of the leaves--I'm jealous. Hey, congrats on your loss!!!

Julie, I bought a new digital scale about a week ago too--I didn't want to admit though, because I already have 2 others . One is going in the trash and the other is the old, rusty dial one that I've had for over 10 years and I can't seem to part with. True what the others have said about loving the scale for the most part--this is just another one of my love/hate relationships.

Cherie, hope your little one is feeling much better today. Hope you can carve out some "me" time for you this week. You did what you could this weekend and sounds to me like you did good. Go get that goal.

Dips, wow congrats on hitting the 130's! Getting to eat all those great Italian foods and still lose weight. I'm sure you're working doubly hard at the gym and you earned that loss. So close to going home too, I'm getting excited for you. I'm sure Pvt. Medera liked the name "Hawaii" better than my hubby liked his nickname "Pineapple" . And for the record, the only time I have EVER danced the hula was in 9th grade P.E. class--and didn't have to wear a grass skirt neither!

((((Kempy)))) Hugs girlfriend! Hang in there!

Holly, woo-hoo! You too, shrinking away. Maybe because you had a few higher calorie days made your metabolism kick up a notch. Congrats on your loss!

Gotta get some work done. I'll be back later. Hello to everyone else .
Old 10-13-2003, 04:00 PM   #141  
Almost There!!!

Aloha all,

I am a new member here, and Noelle invited me join your forum. Thanks so much Noelle for your encouraging posts. I was really down and out last week. I am really glad I found this site. A little bit about myself; my name is Jacqueline, but people call me Jacks for short. I am 24 years old and live in Hawaii. I work at a non-profit organization here in Honolulu in Public Policy. This same time last year I weighed about 130 pounds and wore a size 6/8. Since meeting my fiancee, I have put on what feels like 100 pounds (I'm too scared to weigh myself) and can't fit in any of my clothes in my closet. I am in deep denial because I keep telling myself that I am going to lose the weight and so I don't go shopping for new clothes. I guess that's a way of punishing myself as well. My goal is to lose as much weight as I can before I go back to my hometown in California this Christmas. The last time my family saw me, was when I graduated last spring and I was kind of pudgy, but not too bad but they were making fun of my butt! Let's see, I've joined a gym, but have only gone to it twice. I am way too tired to go after work, but I know that it's just the motivation. My fiancee is a chef, and I used to be vegetarian, but since meeting him, I've crossed over to the dark side. I mostly behind a computer 8-10 hours a day, with constant access to snacks. I try to control my eating, but it just doesn't seem to work. I think I just need a slap in the face and I need to know where to start! So, if you could give me some advice to help jumpstart my diet and help me get back on track, it would be most appreciated. Thanks so much for allowing me to vent out my frustrations!!!
Old 10-13-2003, 04:16 PM   #142  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Eh Jacks, Howzit! Oh, excuse the pidgin english . Glad you found us. Finally someone in my time zone! Man oh man I feel for you having a fiance that can whip up delicious meals--he MUST be good chef for having 'converted' you from vegetarianism. (is that a word?) First of all I have to say that you shouldn't feel pressured to lose weight because of your family. Do it for you. Even though their words hurt you you have to find the motivation to do this within yourself. I'm sure they're unaware of the pain you feel about the comments. Maybe just tell them how you feel and ask if they can support you in your efforts to lose weight, to encourage you instead of bring you down. How 'bout your fiance? I'm sure he's loving you the way you are or he wouldn't be your fiance. Maybe he can create reduced fat versions of his regular recipes for you. Bring your own low-fat snacks to work--I bring non-fat yogurt and fresh fruit, maybe some vegetable sticks and a low-fat dressing...if you're working in the downtown area I'm sure you could do some walking for exercise during part of your lunch hour, or offer to run errands for the company instead of staying in front of the computer all day (God only knows how I always volunteered to get out of my office ) . Maybe the other gals here can offer more suggestions.

Sorry to be so long-winded. I'm just happy you found us and decided to come and play.
Old 10-13-2003, 04:47 PM   #143  

Hey Jacks! Good to see another to our little group. AS you soon shall see we offer more that just weight lose support. I vent to these guys everything that happens to me. It really helps to have someone that can help think things through a little differently that I can. Like Noelle said be sure that you are doing this for yourself not anyone else. I could see how having a chief in the house would be bad.

Noelle I relaly need to win that BB trip so I can go out there to eat that wonderful food you talk baout. I can honestly say I have never heard of half of the stuff you talk about but I would love to try it.

Angie why are the kids off of school? The kids around here are off for Columbus day. I really wish I cold take off for all of these holidays too but I would never work. hehe I kind of like that idea.
Old 10-13-2003, 05:40 PM   #144  
Almost There!!!

Thank you so much ladies for your encouraging words. Noelle - I know I shouldn't let what my families says get to me. Actually I don't, it just annoys me. I am going to do this for myself [so I can save money on not having to buy new clothes! ] Kempy - I'm glad I can vent about anything, these obstacles in life is what leads me to emotional eating and my weight gain. Thanks again for your support. I'm going to take your advice Noelle and go walking now!
Old 10-13-2003, 05:50 PM   #145  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Kempy, Our school starts a little earlier then the other schools in the area and they have it worked out so the kids get a week off every 6 weeks. YEAH!!! (can ya feel my enthusiasm? )

Jacks, You sound so much like me when I first came here. I am a baker for a living so I can totally understand all the yummy foods. Luckily for me for the most part I have to cook the sweets every day so I dont usually crave them (too often, but sometimes I go on a little binge with the brownies* those are my favorites*) but since the bakery is in my yard then when I want sweets that i dont make all the time the ingredients are always available. that one has been hard to deal with lately. I agree with everyones advice, do it for you and noone else but you.

Noelle, Your luau sounds so good!!! I am with Kempy, one of us had better win the BB contest so we can come visit and EAT!!! You sound like you did very well this weekend. I am proud of you.

Dips, I almost forgot!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You finally got out of the 140's. YEAH!!!!!!
Old 10-13-2003, 07:34 PM   #146  

Welcome Jacks! Another lady from paradise. I would just love to go to Hawaii someday. No snow, no cold weather and mostly sunny days! Good luck on your weight loss journey. This is a great place to come for support on that issue and just to talk about everything.

Noelle my mouth is watering thinking about that pork and those purple sweet potatoes. I love sweet potatoes. I saw a luau on food TV and the food looked so fresh and delicious. I also am a coconut addict. I love it toasted and put on pancakes with blueberries or strawberries. Or on top of yogurt! My husband actually applied for a police officer position in Honolulu several years back. But I believe you had to be a resident there for 6 months to a year?

Dips congrats on the loss! Good job on all your hard work!

Angie I wanted to tell you, your hair looks good are you going to hold out until your hairdresser comes back?

Take care and Hello to everyone else. Julie
Old 10-13-2003, 07:36 PM   #147  
No Limit Souljah!!

Ciao Ladies,

I'm posting at 1am central european time because I know I won't have a moment once my day really starts. Thia has been the Loooongest weekend. i actually ate good at the last italian restaurant. Italians really do make healthy dishes with the exception of their desserts, but hey that's everybody. I also realized that there are hardly any fast food places, all their foods are hoem grown and there are no all-you-can-eat-buffets, hmmm, maybe there's a reason why they are thinner than us americans.

anyways now for my personal messages:

Jacks- Welcome to the crew. I't cool to have someone closer to my age. i don't feel like such a baby anymore. I hope you find a system that works well with your busy lifestyle. A fiance for a chef, wow! That's another roadblock but one thing's for sure, you have a great support group right here! good luck.

Angie- Thanx a bunch, nut i'll feel a lot more secure when I'm further away from the 139-140 borderline. I'm begining to think I should've kept my mouth shut until like 137 or lower but I was so excited. We'll see what happens.

Noelle you are a funny gal. Pineapple? What was the significance, I'm dying to know!

Well I have a fast paced day ahead of me so I have to get to bed now. Hello to all the gals I missed in this post and I'll check in whenever I can.

-Dips-
Old 10-14-2003, 08:42 AM   #148  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good Morning!

Julie, I am going to try to hold out until she comes back for my hair. I just trimmed my bangs and top myself so i should be okay for a few weeks. I dont really want to let anyone else do it because she has always done it. Is your husband a police officer now?

Dips, Hey girl. You were up late(or early). Dont worry girl you have great discipline, you will be able to stay under the 140 mark.I know what you mean though. I stepped on the scales this morning and saw a pretty good loss but I dont want to jynx it so I will wait until it sticks around for a few days until I say what it is.

Kempy, Your member who just came back from Maine, was his name Mark D by any chance? There is a guy from your town that posts on the RV forums and I wondered if that was him. That would be wierd,huh?

I got to thinking when Kempy mentioned our one year anniversary last week. I weighed 206.5 pounds at this time last year!!! I guess even when I feel like I am losing at this weightloss battle I have to stop and think that even though I am not doing great I am still alot less than I used to be. I just hope I can keep the fluctuations alittle smaller then they have been in the past....265.5 pounds to 130 pounds to 206.5 pounds to now.

The RV is going in to be winterized tomorrow. BOOHOO!! but on the plus side 10 weeks until I have 12 whole days off without having to even think about the donuts!! First time in 7 years.
Old 10-14-2003, 08:55 AM   #149  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Default Good Morning!

Hey Everyone. Sorry I didn't check in last night... time just got away from me. Lots of stuff got negeligected at my home last night.. laundry, dishes.... etc. :-) I did however, get in my exercise. Priorities right??

My 5 year old is about to lose her first tooth!!! She told me this weekend her teeth were hurting, but I really didn't think much about it until yesterday after school when I picked her up and she started wiggling it for me.... Made me quesy!!!!!!! Looked in her mouth last night, and she already has another tooth coming in through the back behind it!! And it's a BIG tooth!!! Oh my... Anyway... gotta find some tooth fairy money! :-)

Scale is slowly going back down. I am only a half pound more than what I was on Thursday, so it's going back down.... I just want to break that 140 mark as well! :-)

Angie... you have come a very long way!! Wow.. I am so impressed! You are doing a great job!

Dips... not long now!!! You will be home so soon! :-) And you will keep losing! We've got faith in you!

Jacks WELCOME!!!! I just found this group about a month and a half ago, and they are a great bunch of women!!!

Noelle... congrats on your great weekend.. that luau sounded delicious!!!

Kempy ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))) hope you start feeling better!

Hi Julie!!! Hope you have a great day!

Ok.... Time for me to get busy with work!! Staying on track here and just taking it one day at a time!

Hugs,
Cherie
Old 10-14-2003, 11:09 AM   #150  

Hey guys, I feel a little better today. Iam trying to keep myself positive with saying good things over and over in my head. I just hope that I can keep it up. I am working on taxes from 2001 today. I got a letter in themail saying that they were wrong and that we owe almost $1000. I am trying my hardest to fight it. I don't agree with them but you know how the IRS can be. I don't want to get myself into trouble so I am just going to shut up now.

Cherie I used to love when I would lose a tooth. I would love the way they felt when they wiggled. I know I am strange. By the way I really liek the line in your sig. That is one of my favortie movies.

Angie the members are Gordon and Janice so I don't think it is who you chat with. That would have been neat though. What does it mean that the RV is getting winterized? You have really come a long way in a year.

Dips I am so happy for you coming home. I bet you are so ready to head to the states. Although not having the foods aroud that we have is great. I don't think I would want to leave that.

Julie is it getting cold up there? Thanks for the PM's yesterday. It really helps to talk sometimes.

Where is the rest of the group hiding?
Closed Thread