Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2003, 09:50 PM   #1  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Default Christian Encouragers #175

Christian Encouragers #175

If you are looking for encouragement during your weight loss journey and would like some wonderful Christian friends to support you in that journey then you have come to the right place. This is a wonderful bunch of Christians that pray for each other in hard times and praise each other in good times. So, come on and join us.

In HIS LOVE,

Last edited by Mitchypoo; 10-10-2003 at 01:07 PM.
Old 10-09-2003, 09:59 PM   #2  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Talking

Hi MICHELE ~ Good... I am never sure about stepping on other's that have begun the threads.

A question for you? Why do you have Christian Encouragers #161 there?? I'm confused.

I figured it out Thanks for correcting it...
Night...

Last edited by SunnyD57; 10-10-2003 at 02:49 PM.
Old 10-09-2003, 10:42 PM   #3  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Wink HOWDY

OK-OK-OK-OK- SUNNYD I GOT IT-- THE STOP HERE WAS EVEN BIG ENOUGH FOR ME TO SEE!!

What's up with that Michele (as you said-161)? Must be boy crazy! I know she is lurking-- aren't you dear?!!

Just got a call from my friend in Washington, state, his daughter is coming down Saturday night on the plane from Seattle, I had planned to meet her and bring her home or take her to the base (she is going to San Diego to start her Navy boot- not sure if she stays here or ships out from here- I think they just ship out to Micigan? from here) Anyway he was late getting me the final plane # etc. but called tonight to tell me he had been in Oregon to be with his dad (70) he had a heart attack then a stroke after surgery-- not doing well but at the present expected to live. Prayers are asked. Angie and I just saw them all a couple of months ago when we went to Oregon-- I hadn't seen my buddies dad since 1975. My buddy had a mixed blessing out of it though- he saw his brothers for the first time in 25 and 20 years-- not what you would call a close family I guess.

Angie is on her way home from her mom's-- her mom just called to tell me (Angie couldn't get through as the call with my buddy was long) to tape Friends and Scrubs for her. We watch those then CSI (our favorite- next to Trading Spaces (homework night ) then she watches ER- sometimes I do sometimes I just go to sleep. It is the only night she stays up til 11-- and then takes Friday off from her exercises- otherwise Mon-Thurs she is in the gym from 5am until 6am then 6am Sat for her run- then Sunday off-- hey that is 2 days off- better get on her

Well the nephew lost his volleyball game again he hit the ball 8 times-- 7 times it went behind him-- not the most gifted athlete but he is having fun.

Glad you are feeling better SUNNY good to hear things are going better with your son MARILYN and SAMI certainly prayers go out for your DD and new SIL-- time to move your family out from under that black cloud!!! Prayers-Prayers-Prayers!

Well off to watch the rest of the ballgame- go Sox.

IN CHRIST -- Gary
Old 10-09-2003, 10:46 PM   #4  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

O.K. I am taking a vote: how many of you think it is OK for Sunny to change the thread if it gets too long and Sami is AWOL? Sherry has dropped the ball (prayers for her) so here is my vote= YES (no Michele it isn't for arnold this time).

TOTAL: FOR SUNNYD=1
TOTAL AGAINST SUNNYD=0
Guess the YES has it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-09-2003, 11:00 PM   #5  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Default BUSTED

OH MY GOODNESS- I AM SOOOO BUSTED-- JUST GOT AN E-MAIL FROM MY FABULOUS MOST WORTHY MOTHER IN LAW-- GUESS ANGIE SHOWED HER THE PICTURE OF THE ROSE ON THIS THREAD- ANYHOW SHE SAW THE LINE TO SUNNY TELLING HER I WAS GOING TO HAVE TO MAKE TEA FOR HER WHEN SHE GOT HOME FOR BEING STRESSED OUT FROM THE DAY WITH HER MOM!! OOPS BIG TIME!!

LOVE YA MOM!!!

PLEASE PUT ME BACK IN THE WILL
Old 10-10-2003, 01:26 AM   #6  

Well hello I just wanted to put my vote in YES everyone PLEASE fill free to start a new post if you think it is getting to long. I do it because of habit I and trust me I do not mind!

Well my poor SIL had a tough day today after all the stress of last night I call and checked on him when he got home from work and one of the dogs (my DD's) rockey started getting very sick he said the dog ate his blanket (he has a lot of character and gets into a lot of trouble for it) while they were gone and now he was very sick so they had to take the dog to the Vet and he has to be on this speical diet because he has cause himself to become very sick. I want to thank you for your prayers they need it right now. I am praying that a police person moves in next door!

EZ-You are out of the will now for sure! I think you are going to have to go cook her some meals or send flowers for sure!

Mitchypoo-You did a great job starting our new post thank you!

SunnyD-I am going to try the picture this weekend when my 15 yr old is around to help me this kids can do it!

Well it is late and I never work late except when we start doing all the hiring! (which we are already starting for Christmas) I pray that the Lord will bless you today!
Old 10-10-2003, 01:27 AM   #7  

Wink

Hi! I couldn't sleep... so I thought I would check to see what's happening here.

So sorry to make the note so big @ the end of 174 - I just knew it helped me on the other threads when others made it larger, but I didn't mean to make it so large . Glad it is okay if I start a new thread when needed, just don't want to hurt anyone's feelings... I will keep it in mind for next time

GARY ~ Guess that's where the phrase "make your words sweet, for you never know when you may have to eat them" comes from I'm sure that DMIL will forgive you... she knows your sense of humor

I was watching the game and before I dosed off the YANKEE's were ahead - bummer!!! My father & brother were cheering for the SOX as well as Joe & myself. What was the final score, Gary??? I was flipping over to the game at the commercials, but couldn't stay awake --- now can't sleep.

Well, I am going to give it another go and head for bed. Good thing I don't have to be anywhere tomorrow - I am going to be very tired I'm afraid.

Night... again

Last edited by SunnyD57; 10-10-2003 at 09:02 AM.
Old 10-10-2003, 01:40 AM   #8  

Wink Sami...

I'm sorry SAMI ~ I just went back to read again @ 174... missed your last post. Prayers for your family!

And I am glad you don't mind "who" or "whom" (not sure of the term) begins a thread... good that MICHELE (THANK-YOU!!) did at the request of SPROUT ~ I apologize for the big mess I made over a new thread... --- my bad for even questioning it.

What are you doing up??? You couldn't sleep either, huh? Ohhhh... I see, you are working late. Hope you get enough rest! I look forward to your pictures!!!!!! As do the others.

I am really going... eyes are getting droopy now.
Later...

Last edited by SunnyD57; 10-10-2003 at 09:07 AM.
Old 10-10-2003, 08:29 AM   #9  

Angry TGIF

I am so sorry for you, GARY and my father & brother too... The SOX lost to the YANKEE"S last night - what a bummer! 4 - 6

And I was doing some back-reading, I didn't realize it was ANGIE posting about the pictures... I am so glad she wrote us and was successful. I cannot wait to see pics of your DW-Angie, your DN, your DD, DS and you! Please don't make us wait too long... please.

Gotta go get some breakfast and then I am going to go back to bed for a little bit this morning - I am so very sore today & tired. I think it's the bruising kicking in now. Later...

Thinking about everyone!!! I so miss our MIA's!!! Please touch base with us, okay. Even if it's a brief note... you just don't know how much you are missed!!!

Old 10-10-2003, 08:57 AM   #10  

Angry Hi there!

E.Z. Thanks My car gives me more problems then my mom, it is a 2000 Kia sportage, I love some of the features ie 4wheeldrive in winter, but I have had to have rotors done twice, it jumped time ect ect. They cover everything under warrenty just pain in rear. Might have to take you up on your offer, then it might get fixed right.
Sami- sorry to hear about dd/sil, not good way to start off new married life, will keep them in prayer.
Sprout congrats on all your walking and loss of 3 pounds good job.
Thanks mitchy for starting new thread, I agree anyone can start a new thread. Zoe I believe was the one that thought it started to soon, wish she would come back and let us know how she is doing with all the other mias. Have an awesome weekend last hooray of summer, off to camp. God's Grace
Old 10-10-2003, 08:58 AM   #11  

Hi everyone....well, I'm back..........again. I think this house is jinxed!!! Got monitor working...now having problems with graphics, again. Oh well.............

Finally got finished with paper work, & turned in to lawyer. He seems to think they're going to settle soon. It won't be near enough, I'm sure....but it's all we can expect, not going to court. Of course, the lawyer will get a lot of it. Just like I said, though, we'll be happy with enough to hire DH some help & finish up. Of course, now, we have to furnish it. That's going to seem very strange....nothing hardly the same.

SunnyD...SO sorry you were injured. I hope you're feeling better. You must have a weak ankle. Some people are born with weakness in certain joints....& don't know until later in life. Just feel better soon!

Will have to check in later.....got a long, long, long...day ahead. Manager's mother fell & broke shoulder....so I've got it alone, again. Everyone take care.
Old 10-10-2003, 09:58 AM   #12  

Angry Me again...

I couldn't rest - have allot on my mind, so I will try again later. Lots to do, but am frustrated with my limitations.

ANGEL ~ Always great to hear from you! Glad you have a new monitor... let's hope that soon all will get tons better for you! Continued Prayers!!!!!

Yes... I do have a weak ankle. I fractured it in 1976 (slipping on ice) and have probably sprained it like this now at least 11 / 12 / 13 times in my life since (thus far - hopefully no more!). I really should have worn a wrap to Curves. Thanx so much for your well-wishes, Angel. I am really hoping to go back to Curves on Monday!
Old 10-10-2003, 10:02 AM   #13  

Angry

MICHELE ~ I hope that you are feeling better with each passing day - you have been on my mind allot. I know how depressing illness can be ~ especially when it takes some time to recover from it .

Prayers and Good Thoughts being sent your way....

A picture I took yesterday of the boys watching the ladybugs on our ceiling! The ladybugs hatch every year about this time... there are dozens of them around - I enjoy them and so do the boys.
Old 10-10-2003, 10:32 AM   #14  

Angry Sue...

Hi! How did you do bowling????

Have fun on your last weekend of camping! The colors are wonderful!

Fall in New York

Last edited by SunnyD57; 10-10-2003 at 10:34 AM.
Old 10-10-2003, 12:56 PM   #15  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Default TGIF

HI LADIES-

Off again today-- going back to Costco in a bit to take back all the things Angie didn't want me to buy - Nah, just some pants that are too big for me.

Finished putting stuff in the crock-pot for beef stew- won't have it tonight but I will freeze it for later next week when I am back at work. Made pizza last night with the nephew, he enjoyed that. I made my famous bow-tie casserole for Wed. night. An easy one too in case anyone is interested-- HIGH in fat though-- mix bow tie pasta (already cooked) with cubes of ham, frozen peas, cheddar cheese, and diced onions (cooked a little with Pam) and then pour whipping cream (I did say high fat!) over it and bake at 350 until hot- 30-45 minutes--- sooo good.

Watched Cribs on MTV this morning with SHAQ'S house-- WOW!! 64,000 square feet of CLASSY stuff--- wonder what it would be like to have all that money.

SAMI- don't work too hard! I know it is the busy time for you but with all the stress you have had... be careful. You just gave me another reason to not let Angie have a dog- thank-you!

SUNNY I seperated my knee in high school and after it going out 20 to 30 times over the years I severed my ACL-- was out of work 11 months. Back in the 70's they didn't do the surgeries they do now-- I had my knee done in 90 and it has been great since-- I am sure it is even better now-- be careful with that ankle that you don't hurt it in a way you will lose alot of time from your exercise program-- just work on upper body things until you are healthy again. I saw the game last night- damn Yankees.

SUE My bil's mom has a KIA and has had a lot of minor troubles with it. I just hate car trouble but I have been really lucky with my truck-- 225,000 miles on it and it has never broke down....... excuse me a minute...... back, went to find some wood to knock on. We had a T-Bird that gave us nothing but trouble- my ex-wifes boyfriend (did I tell you he is my mechanic?) anyway he said it was a Mon or a Friday car-- didn't get put together well. We have had a Honda Civic for 3 years now and Angie loves it.

Well off to take care of chores- enjoy your day ladies, Gary
Closed Thread