Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2003, 06:19 PM   #31  

Height: 5'1"

Exclamation Starting over.........

Ok- Ok!!

I already knew the answer! Southern Butterfly, I appreciate you helping me out, but they're right. I didn't EAT breakfast. So,,, I will start on day one again tomorrow morning.

I just needed a second opinion. See... I knew this would be hard!! Going to do it tomorrow......cross my fingers!!

Oh!!!! A BIG welcome to ScoobySnacks. I'm glad to see you here!! We'll cheer you on day by day!!

Ok ladies... thank you for letting me know what I already knew..... I guess I was just trying to pull a fast one! Won't happen again. I promise!!

Talk with you all later!

Marti
Old 09-26-2003, 07:15 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 210/198/150

Height: 5'2"

The job interview got canceled, and I'm in a really depressed mood... I know I need to do my exercise but I feel so BLAAAAAH.

I'm gonna start taking kickboxing. yay!
Old 09-26-2003, 07:37 PM   #33  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Red face still on the bench. . .

Hello all! I still haven't started my next challenge. I thought I would yesterday after the great sugar binge of the previous day, but then last night, even though I hadn't had any sugar all day I decided I wasn't ready to start yet again and I had a little bit (in some of those tiny Ritz cracker cheese things) I actually stood there (after quite a few beers) in the train station in front of the kiosk surveying the rows of chocolate and candy and DID look for the little packages of roasted chestnuts or soybeans they sell but when I didn't see any I got the crackers. I shared more than half of them with a friend on the train though. Then afterward, I stopped in at the convenience store 'cause I was so hungry and did not get any sugar. So, I think the past three challenges have really changed me. I don't want the sugar and I've learned to make the choice. Right now though, and with my trip to the States coming up, I think I want the freedom to choose. Like someone said, I can enjoy a "controlled" freedom. That's the goal, after all, isn't it? But I love the challenges because to me and my brain for the very reason that it takes away the decision. I don't have to make it any more during that time. It has been made in the beginning and that's that! It's not, do I have sugar tonight? do I have just a little?" no, it's "I'm not eating sugar for the next 21 days!!" Period. Now, don't think I'm Ms. IronMaiden here. If only I could do this with other things, money, cleaning my room. . . . but I'm afraid/reluctant to commit to other decisions. No sugar, I can handle that (for now). Well, now that I've thoroughly bored you . . . I'll put a sock in it!! I'm going to come up with a challenge I can do through the trip and also put in a "controlled behavior" clause just to keep myself accountable. I'll think about what that shall be today.

OK, over to you all. michireiko, thanks for the good wishes. You really should come to Japan sometime if you can. I hope you get the chance soon. I wish you luck with your book. You have a lot of courage to be sending out a manuscript unsolicited. But I would say, published or not, you are already a success for having written the book. Keep it up! Oh, and best of luck with your interview, though by the time you read this it may be over. I hope you get/got the job you want. How is your challenge coming along? You sounded like you were doing really well and had stopped floundering and gotten into your rhythm. I hope you're still going strong!

Photogirl, to you on Day 8. You're almost on the cloud!!

friendsforfitness. Congratulations to you! You are doing SO well. I am thrilled to read of your successes and there have been many. You're doing so well! Keep it up! You're almost through your challenge too, aren't you? Just a few more days. Tell me, is drinking the water getting any easier? Do you feel different in any way?

Southern Butterfly, You're doing fine! You have a complex challenge, don't you? Anything more than one thing is complex for me! It'll get easier and the momentum of the numbers as they get higher will help push you along. Good luck! : Oh, by the way, I love that quote in your signature but was wondering, shouldn't it be children's "hands" running through your hair? Is that a typo?

M.N.J., you've caused a little dilemma here with your question of whether we think a tall glass of orange juice constitutes breakfast? Friendsforfitness is right I think. You have to be the one to make that decision. I wouldn't worry about whether it was "eating" or "drinking" though. I drink protein shakes and so when I don't have time or need to have something go through my stomach fast so I can exercise and those things can contain a whopping amount of calories. You just started out on your new challenge so starting over wouldn't be so bad but really, I think you're OK, IF you normally wouldn't have even had that orange juice. It certainly makes a difference to your body to have drank that over nothing. And getting used to something as big as having or not having breakfast takes time. It's a big physical change as well as a psychological one. It's a high aim and we don't always hit the things we aim high at but as long as we keep trying it certainly counts for an attempt. I would have a goal of having a high-quality breakfast and not focus on whether you "ate" or not. After all, it's better to have a glass of fresh pure juice than a bowl of sugared cereal. It's the content that counts, not the wrappings. Kick on with it I say!!! But yes, remember, in the end, you're doing this for yourself, not us. Only you know if you were a shirker or made a genuine attempt.

scoobysnacks, good to see you again. That's an ambitious goal. Good luck and hope to see lots of you here!

Last edited by redballoon; 09-26-2003 at 07:47 PM.
Old 09-26-2003, 10:44 PM   #34  

MNJ, I stand corrected. That was very well put Redballoon, I agree with you completely. What you said just makes much more sense.

Thanks Red for all the kudos, but i couln't have done it with out this thread or this great group! It is getting easier to drink the water, although I have a few days of struggle still.

Michi, Sorry to hear about the interview, but don't let that suck the strength and positivity out of you. You can't be at your best unless you continue to take care of yourself.

Thanks for the compliments Photogirl, you're doing great too, I can't even dream of keeping up with you yet.

So very tired,
goodnight
lisa
Old 09-27-2003, 03:05 AM   #35  

It's a good point Redballoon made. I was picturing you eating bananas and stuff. I forgot sugary cereals existed :\ Actually, I haven't eaten breakfast since I was.... a sophomore in high school, so I forgot cereal in general existed.

My scale is stuck again. I'll just kick it a few times.

I did my exercise so day 4 success. I think it's day 4... I'm not all here if you can't tell. Anyway, whatever day this is.. it's a success!
Old 09-27-2003, 11:53 AM   #36  

Oh goodness... I didn't mean to cause such a dilemma for asking that little question. After reading all this, I decided to think it over about what I thought the OJ was for me. Well, I usually wouldn't drink it.....I just happened to grab a glass and pour, thinking that I would also grab some toast. Well, after drinking the glass,,,, I didn't want toast, I felt satisfied for the moment. Also, I plan on drinking slimfast for my need of a quick breakfast on the mornings of school.....
So I've come down to thinking that "Yes" OJ was my breakfast. Maybe not the best and nutritious one, but it was still breakfast.

I should have figured this all out on my own....but I thank ALL of you for your input on this.

I'm proud to say that I sat down and ate some Cheerio's for breakfast with my DD this morning. Although, I felt quite ill last night and I feel a little iffy this morning!! Food just didn't sound good at all....my daugter told me to sit and eat. (silly girl)

so, would this be day 5? I'll go back and figure it out.
I have posted some "before" pics of me. You can't really see them that well, but I posted. I will sometime soon post my "during" pics. In about a day or so. Here's the site.

Chat with you all later
Marti

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/belong2james
Old 09-27-2003, 10:55 PM   #37  

Smile

Wow! You look totally different from the picture at the top from the one at the bottom. You're very pretty MNJ

Today was day 5 with exercise. I think >.< I'm off to bed because I'm finally starting to halucinate from lack of sleep.

I'll be awake in about.... 2 weeks... Just an estimate of how long I'm going to be asleep
Old 09-27-2003, 11:42 PM   #38  

Hi to all,

Day 16 and 17 went just "swell". All required water consumed. Today was a toughy for me for some reason. I guess cuz I haven't been feeling well.

MNJ- You're so beautiful! Thanks for sharing the pics!

Good going Michi! You are doing so great! Get some rest but be sure to come back and visit soon.

Lisa
Old 09-28-2003, 12:50 AM   #39  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Red face workin' hard, playin' hard (maybe a bit TOO hard)

to you, michireiko for getting through Day 5. You're really doing well! I hope the scale moves for you soon. I know how frustrating and disappointing it is when your efforts aren't visible on the scale. But just have faith. You ARE making progress. And I'm sorry to hear about your interview being canceled. I think always though that things are part of a bigger plan so don't sweat it.

friendsforfitness, Good for you for continuing to rack up the days. I hope you're feeling better. This time of the year, with the changing seasons, is an easy time to get sick so be careful. I feel horrid today but I think it had to do with being out on the town til dawn and copius amounts of beer! Farewell parties and rock 'n' roll. They're putting a definite brake on my diet/weight training progress but, gotta let the good times roll!

And M.N.J., you are beautiful! And this is you at 160? You must be a real knockout now. And you've got one smart daughter there telling you to sit down and eat! Love it! I'm glad you're still going strong on your challenge. I'm sorry I don't know what day it is for you. I think it is 5 but with the time difference I get confused. And I hope you're feeling better too.
Old 09-28-2003, 09:33 PM   #40  

Default Day 6

I ate breakfast this morning!!! Ate my cheerios. My DD9 told me that it will help lower my cholesterol. Then she asked if it was even high. I honestly don't know. But since she was concerned, I ate it. Such a sweetheart!!

Ok. I find it interesting how one see's themselves and how other see's that same person. I look at those pictures I posted and wonder how anyone could think I look beautiful. I think I look average and frumpy. Almost unkept. I think sometimes we need to really take a look at ourselves and see the same "beauty" that everyone else see's. I think a lot of us would have better self-esteem if we did. I thank all of you for your wonderful comments. They really do make me feel better about myself. And you're saying this with my "before" pictures. I will have to post my "during" pictures soon, that way I can let me head swell a little bigger!
And btw Redballoon.... I'm far from being a "knock out". You gave me a good laugh!!!

Ok, I'm off to take my DD9 to town. Hi to everyone.

Marti
Old 09-29-2003, 08:53 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Default I forgot what day I'm on....

Hmmm... let me count... Day 12!!!! Yeah... Ok.. still going strong. I've done some sort of exercise every single day, and I've stayed away from that chocolate monster!!!!! This is great! As for today.. I've already gotten my pilates tape out of the way.. so I can say way ahead of time Day 12 is GREAT!

Marti.. you are doing great on your breakfast!!! It does get a little easier....

Lisa... you are almost there!!! Keep going!!! You are doing great!

michireiko keep up the fantastic work with the exercise! When do you start kickboxing?? That sounds like a blast!

Red.. it's ok to take a break!!! You have been such an inspiration and even inspirations needs breaks! :-)

Ok.. back to work for me here!!! Have a great day!

Cherie
Old 09-29-2003, 11:13 AM   #42  

Good Morning everyone - my stupid computer wouldn't let me log on this weekend. It would say "Thank for logging in" and then go back to the log in screen.

5 days down!!! I didn't realize how hard it was to eat out without eating fried foods. Bf was really sweet when I couldn't eat at certain places because they didn't have a good selection of healthy foods. I was also surprised when we went to eat yesterday, and I asked to substitute grilled veggies for the fries. The only veggie they even offered was broccoli (sp?)!!!

PhotogirlTX - great going on keeping up with the exercise!

M.N.J. - the pictures are great!!! I know what you mean about seeing something different than everyone else. I look at pictures and see everything that is wrong with the way I look while other look and say what a great picture it is. You are beautiful! Just remember that.

friendsforfitness - hope you get to feeling better. You're almost to 21 days!!!
Old 09-29-2003, 11:47 AM   #43  

Hi everyone! I'm back and doing fine! Thanks for all the well wishes. i think I know what was wrong, I missed some of my meds by a day and 1/2, so that's probably why I was so icky feeling. Day 18 was a success! I am already starting to think about what my next challenge will be, I don't want to put it out there yet since I still have time to ponder and make that final comitment.

Southern butterfly _ You are doing awesome! Weekends seem to be the most difficult time for me to stay O/P foe me. I am so used to lying out in the pool with a few beers and having guests over for cookouts and such. Since I've started my new lifestyle I haven't had a single one and I haven't been near the pool either. When I reach each of my weight loss goals I am planning a day for a few beers. Until then I must wait. They will be those ultra's too.

Photogirl, you're kicking but as usual!

MNJ, You're daughter sounds so sweet. You're doing great on your new challenge. Is it getting any easier?

Red's still out having fun I see. Good for you! Enjoy and have one for me!

"Michi?...Michi?....Michi?... You awake yet?"

take Care and have a happy Monday!
Lisa
Old 09-29-2003, 03:41 PM   #44  

Default Day 7

Hello girls!!

My first day of school this morning. And I'm tired. Only because I got up so early. I did eat breakfast. I felt that I needed some protein this morning so I made myself a PB&J. Nice breakfast isn't it??? But it was breakfast!! It's still hard to make myself put something down in the mornings. I hope it gets easier soon. I just don't feel like eating in the mornings.

Lisa- You're almost there!!! Once you get to the point were you're at,,, the time almost seemed to have flown doesn't it?? With the last challenge, after my halfway point, it felt like the days never happened. So why doesn't it seem like my days aren't moving with this challenge??

Southern- Way to go on day 5!! I think it's wonderful that your BF is sweet enough to actually search for a healthier place to eat. That truly says that he cares about you. He's a keeper!!

Cherie- Fantastic with the no chocolate. I've been to walmart many times this week and all that Halloween candy is soo tempting. But we haven't bought any yet. You're doing great. And excercises too!!

Michireiko-You better be getting some rest girl!!! When do you start kickboxing as Cherie asked earlier..... I would love to try that. But I can't see myself being that aggresive. (or do I? )

Ok, ladies.... I hope your day is a good one!! I got to go read a chapter for homework. (I never liked homework!! ) Take care everyone!

Marti
Old 09-29-2003, 09:03 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Default Day 12 OVER!

Did my exercising and resisted chocolate.... that is getting much easier! Tomorrow LUCKY 13!!!

Marti you are doing great... and a pb&J is perfect for breakfast!! Plenty of energy to get you through your school!! Try PB on Toast! YUM!

Lisa.. you are getting soooo close!!! WTG on a great job so far! Glad you figured out what was making you feel bad!

Butterfly... what resolve you have!!! No fried foods... GREAT JOB!!! Glad the weekend is over huh? And a big thumbs up to your sweetie! He is being very supportive!

Ok... just put my girls to bed... so I am waiting on them to go to sleep so I can go do my elliptical exercises.... Talk to you all tomorrow!

Cherie
Closed Thread