Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2003, 08:15 AM   #136  

Thanks MNJ. Wow 5 am!! That would kill me. I'm struggling with all these 6am mornings as it is.

Michi- Congrats on another day of success!

I have already gotten up at 6am and did my 1 mile WATP video so that's another day accomplished. I had no idea how hard this challenge was going to be for me, but I'm sure I'll be glad I did it... one day. I can't wait until I get to the point of actually enjoying exercise, any clues on how long that will take???

Have a super Saturday Everyone,
Lisa
Old 10-11-2003, 11:07 AM   #137  

Day 2 .....Do I start over or whats the norm??? I was doing well until I went to meet a friend at On The Border and just had to have a margarita....put me over my caloric intake for the day so day 2 was a bust. Today(Day 3 or maybe 1)..so far so good 1 bannana w/pb and 40 min weight training.

Cherie: I got it off of the runnerworld.com website, 6 wks, walk/run to 30 slowly reducing the amount of walking time. If you are interested and don't find it let me know I will send it to you. 7 miles wow!!! I am thinking 5 is my goal. Koodos to you!!

Lisa: enjoying excersice...maybe it's not time and it's the excersice, maybe you need it disguised as tennis or hiking??? For me its disguised as time away from my 3 little rugrats. (new stay at home mom) Kudos for getting up at 6:00 a.m. to excersice

Congrats to all that are succeeding!!!! Have a good weekeend.

Liz
Old 10-11-2003, 11:47 AM   #138  

Height: 5'1"

Angry

Let's see when did I start enjoying.....(because I didn't when I started).... when I started seeing results. It does something to you.... you start seeing your arms looking more toned.. you see your thighs become two seperated thighs! (did you know that we actually have two thighs??)

That's why I mentioned the tape measure. That was a great tool to have when losing weight.

Ok,,, need to make breakfast!!

Talk to you all later
Marti
Old 10-11-2003, 12:29 PM   #139  

Bf and I joined a gym last night. It's one that I used to go to and loved, but then I moved out of the area. Now we've moved back to this side of town (thankfully). Our plan is to get up and go in the mornings. I have to go and get him some workout clothes (he doesn't own anything he can workout in). I had class this morning, so we are going to go tonight.

Lisa - the normal reccommendation is to do cardio at least 3x a week and weight training either every other day or at least 3x a week for a min of 20mins. That's what my textbook says, at least. (I'm taking a Concepts of Fitness and Wellness class that is a general education requirement here.) How the authors find that much time? I'm still trying to find that answer in this blasted book.

I'd better get to studying for these midterms.
Old 10-12-2003, 01:23 AM   #140  

Default Starting over again

Greetings to all - Been out of commission today and just now checking in - have some downer issues - see mscathywac's journal if you want details but I really don't want to depress anyone else. So I am moving on and starting over with my 3fc sisters uplifting me all the way

Will check in later Sunday and looking forward to posting a great report as well as reading all your successes. Thank you for being there.

Have a great day!

Cat

sw241/last checked w 231.5/ cw ???? wont get on the scale/gw 140
Old 10-12-2003, 12:41 PM   #141  

Default Twenty!!!!One more day!!!

Can you believe that it day 20 for me?? I cannot. And it wasn't an easy road either!! If it weren't for this place and this thread... I wouldn't have done it at all!
I must think of a new challenge... but I believe I will give myself a day or two to think about what it is that I want to do. I have one in mind.... just need to think it over.

One more day ladies!! And I've succeeded two challenges!!
Whoohoo!!

Ok... must take a shower. And visit my family. Take Care
marti
Old 10-12-2003, 09:35 PM   #142  

Default Day 0

My company is gone and we are not having any more out of town guests for several weeks! I do believe that I can get 21 days done this time without weekend distractions. Starting over on Monday since we went to the dreaded pancake house for lunch. Not a great way to start your better eating day.

So my challenge for the next 21 days is not to eat after 7 p.m. and get that darn 96 oz of water in. I am switching from trying to get the 3 meals in because it is just as unhealthy to get eat at 9 p.m. as it is to skip a meal. I think eating too late is worse than skipping and I was constantly running into that problem. I am packing my lunch tonight and preparing for dinner tomorrow as well. So wish me luck!

Marti - it is so awesome you are finishing up another 21-day challenge! Thank you a million times over for your response to my journal entry - I was able to stop crying and feel empowered to keep on keeping on!

Southern Butterfly - can you give me the heads up on the looser club (if you don't mind)?

Liz - My understanding here is you are your own judge - I started over about 3 times in the last week because I felt I was not succeeding personally - but I also realized my goals were not realistic for where I am - beating up on myself too much. No one here is going to criticize you - we only want to help you live up to your own, reasonable expectations.

Lisa - According to someone (steven covey?) it takes 21 days to form a habit - hence the 21-day challenge? Perhaps then - or when you feel remiss about not exercising? Perhaps not until you find the right exercise that really moves you. I work out on the bowflex and the treadmill because I should - but I play my Tai Bo and Richard Simmons "Sweatin' to the Oldies" tapes because I actually enjoy them!

Have a wonderful Monday! Chat with you then.

Cat
Old 10-12-2003, 10:08 PM   #143  

YAY FOR MNJ..........(heyyyy that rhymes.. )

Mscat you'll get it this time I just know it!

As for me... well, I've been not feeling well, and the last thing I could do was walk tonight. I think it's been my gallstones acting up again. When i woke up I was fine so I knocked out 35 crunches but about 3 hours later I went downhill fast. Very bloated tummy, pains in under my shoulder blade and around to my side, just awful. So I guess I will try to start again tomorrow. I think I will make an ammendment to my challenge though, if it's ok with everyone. i think i will just require myself to exercise for 21 days straight, that way I can alternate cardio and floor exercises, and walking. I hope tomorrow I will feel better, if not I'm waiting this pain out before I begin my challenge again.

Have a nice evening,
Lisa
Old 10-13-2003, 12:24 AM   #144  

S/C/G: 210/198/150

Height: 5'2"

Get better Lisa >: (

Everyone is doing well! Don't worry if you slip a bit, I've done that a few times.

I got in a 2 mile walk with WATP today. I almost died!! Yesterday I cleaned out the garage so that was my exercise for yesterday. So I'm still on track. So day 10 success! Hot and sexy double digits
Old 10-13-2003, 09:02 AM   #145  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Default Starting over

As of today..... Saturday wasn't a good day for me, and for only the second time since the first of September, I let one full day go by without doing any type of exercise. I was a little down about my weight, and then I had a sick 3 yr old to take care of. She had a fever and was thowing up, and wanted to be held all day.. so I just decided to give myself a day off of everything and take care of her and let my body rest. So, I am starting over. My 21 day challenge is to exercise everyday.... and again, no chocolate candy. I think I will say that Yesterday was the first day of my challenge, because I did get my pilates in and 45 minutes on the elliptical machine last night. So... This will be day two!!

Everyone.. I don't have a lot of time for individual hi's... except I wanted to tell Marti:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! 21 Days Completed!!! WTG!

Talk to you all soon!

Cherie
Old 10-13-2003, 09:58 AM   #146  

Default Twenty One Days!!!!!

Yes!! I did it!! 21 days completed!!!

And what a challenge it was. I ate some "Honeycomb" cereal this morning. I have got to get rid of that!!

I'm just posting a quick post this morning since I've got to head off for school!! Just wanted to say "I did it!"

I will do individuals after school. Take Care everyone!!! You all mean sooo much to me!!! Thanks for being here.

Marti
Old 10-13-2003, 10:17 AM   #147  

Default Day 6

Bf and I went to the gym and worked out for 2hrs both Sat and Sun. This morning I just did a lot of stretching. My body is sooo sore. We were planning on going to go to the gym, but we were both very sore from all the working out this weekend.

Congratulations, Marti!!!!

mscat - good luck on your challenge. The looser club thing is just something that I put up there. The looser part means that I'm a pound looser.

Lisa - I hope you're feeling better.

Cherie - I hope your little girl feels better.
Old 10-13-2003, 12:22 PM   #148  

Well I ended up balancing out my overage on caloric intake for Friday but would still rather start over fresh, on a new week. I am feeling a bit more up to speed this week so I will be able to incorporate the running into my "21 day challenge". However my husband and I are taking our 2 older boys to the state fair thurs or fri, so that is a definate skip day, for sure I will go over my calories for that day.

So day 1 again!!!

Mscat - thanks!! also thanks for the reply to Lisa, I was kind of curious where the "21 day" thing came from. Kind of puts it into perspective a bit. I was at the another end of the spectrum.

Marti - congratulations on finishing!!!!

Lisa - take care of yourself....gallstones can be miserable!!!!

Cherie - good choice on taking a day off. I have a 3 yr old and when he is sick its all I can do to get a shower. Sometimes they need a little extra TLC anyway as you do also.

SouthernButterfly - 2 hrs WOW that's great! What does Bf stand for??? I am kind of new to the computer chat.
Old 10-13-2003, 02:07 PM   #149  

Default Day 1 (again, and only for the next 21 days!)

This morning started out great with breakfast (M.N.J.'s favorite - Oatmeal ) , 2 asian pears, and coffee w/skim milk and splenda. I was worried about getting my 3 servings of protein in so I had a piece of leftover meatloaf on my way out.

I packed a lunch to take to work and I began working on a 1.5 quart bottle of half frozen water to boot. Unfortunately, when I got to work my irritable bowel set in and my ditropan did not! Between the diarrhea and multiple trips to restroom after drinking only about 24 oz I was miserable and in need of a bath by 10:30!

So I left work, came home to an unpleasant surprize - SO did not go to work- I wont bore everyone with the details why this is such an issue. Took a short shower and then a long relaxing bath. Made an appointment with obgyn to check on my bladder problem, and had a great lunch. I have 1 serving of protein, 1 fruit, and 1 vegetable left to get in before 7 p.m. and it's only 2! Despite everything else I feel really good about that.

M.N.J.

Lisa - Feel better soon!

Michireiko - You are half-way there! You Go Girl!''

Southern Butterfly - Thanks for the answer - I can't wait to be a part of that club!

PhotogirlTX - Hope your little one feels better.

Liz - I like your attitude about starting over!

Have a great day!

Cat

241/234/140
Old 10-13-2003, 03:19 PM   #150  

Wink Hello

Good afternoon ladies-

I just had to ask cat... what does SO stand for?? I hope your unpleasant surprise didn't ruin your day. Just remember that you have a bunch of friends here that care about you and you can talk to us at anytime!! Sending you a big hug from us all
((((( )))))

Lizhorn- You do have a great attitude about starting over. You don't seem to dwell on it and that is so good. That will help keep the motivation going!! Keep it up. BTW.., BF stands for Boyfriend.

SouthB- How wonderful that you and your BF are working out together!! And for 2hrs!? My goodness, no wonder you're so sore!! Make sure you keep up with stretching.... relaxes the pain a little.

Cherie-Everyone needs a day of rest especially when a little one is sick. Plus, you went from one challenge right on to the next with no much of rest period. So.... rest up!! Get your body feeling better and take care of the little one.

Mallory--Good for you on day 10!! I love that "hot & sexy double digits" I never looked at that way!! You're half way there!!! Keep it up.

Lisa- If your body is hurting, I would try just relaxing. Put the challenge on "hold" and when you feel better then you can start. Because you're just going to feel more miserable if you try to over do it!! Be careful.

Well, I'm going to take a day or two off to figure out what my next challenge will be. I want to keep excercise out and keep that with the weekly challenge,,,I want to concentrate on something that's more difficult that hinders me in my change of eating. Water and breakfast were big problems with me. Keeping up with the water, let's see how I do with the breakfast.
I'll keep checking in to see how everyone is progressing.

Take Care everyone
Marti
Closed Thread