3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Christian Encouragers#174 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/32359-christian-encouragers-174-a.html)

sami 09-23-2003 08:30 PM

Christian Encouragers#174

If you are looking for a great group of Christians to share your everyday struggles with this is the post you belong to! We will life you up in prayer through the good and bad. Everyone is welcome!

sami 09-23-2003 08:57 PM

Hello everyone the wedding is over and I have to say it was a Dream come true for both the Bride and Her mother! We only had two things go wrong the lady I bought the pew bows from on ebay never sent them so I was up until almost 3am making them the night before and the lady my dd talked to 3 time the week before and showed pictures to admited she didn't know how to do the hair do's she and the bridesmaids wanted after paying her for a bad do one of the bridesmaids moms took over and found a place who fixed it right and they all looked beautiful! The service was beautiful and the reception hall was so beautiful it was a true dream come true! The dress fit after I let it out a little and you couldn't tell it had anything done to it! I did have to laugh once the grooms mother wore her wedding dress from her 2nd wedding it was beautiful but someone in her family walk up gave her a big hug and said you are so beautiful you look like the bride OOO yes you wore that dress when you were the bride! LOL (that is what she gets for being a size 0) My sister in law made the cake and it was 3 tiers on top with pillers in between and then the fountain on the fouth tier and 6 cakes went aroung the large bottom tier! and then she made two extra large round ones and all but part of the extra ones were gone. I had a lot of calls the next few days saying they had a great time. There were about 240 people who came we had some as far as WI come. I will put pictures on as soon as I figure out how to.

Angel lover-I am so sad for you and your loss. I will pray that all goes well with getting everything replaced. (((((HUGS)))))
EZ-I had the same problem with my sister-in-law the only reason she keep the kids was because of the SS check
Eiseng-I still have not decided what to do about my friend (she didn't show up at the wedding) I have not seen her since she did that. I am not going to get into it with her I am not like that and I am not going to go bad mouth her but I can't help feeling hurt. Pray that the Lord heals the hurt in my heart.
Sherry-I pray you are better a tooth ache makes your whole body hurt!
Mitchypoo-Take care of yourself my B-I-L had e-barr and was really sick for along time. I had mono at 14 and was sick in bed for 3 months I ran a high fever and tired....................Take care!

To all others I am sorry I have to get off my time is up but you are in my prayers!
Sami

EZMONEY 09-23-2003 10:01 PM

TUESDAY

--HI GALS

I posted last night-- or so I thought!-- it was at the half of my Raider game-- ha! if you could call it that-- gonna be a looong year I am afraid. Don't know what happened- guess maybe I just wrote then closed. All is well with me, but before I forget Angie is working on her journal-- doing a 30 day mock-up now so if you want one let me know-- she wants to know how many to print out. Again- they are free and for DIET and EXERCISING .

SAMI - YIPEE!! I am so happy for you! We have been waiting a long time for this day haven't we:lol: How did your dress look? No need to tell- I know you were gorgeous!!! So happy it went fairly well and pretty much the stuff that didn't you can laugh about later-- HEY, no big deal staying up until 3 am anyway right? cause you for sure weren't gonna sleep anyhow! Again so happy for you-- now down to the carpool prayers! Later and give all those kids a hug!!

SUNNYD - I am sorry for your loss. You lost a good friend but then I know what you mean when you see someone who just lights up when they see you (or anyone they love) my great grandfather was that way and so is my daughter. There are people that walk in a room and say here "I" am and there are those that say here I am sometimes and there "you" are sometimes-- and then there are those few that always say "WELL, THERE "YOU" ARE!!" Am I making sense?-- answer quietly please:lol:

MICHELE- All right- who ya been kissing? I guess now you know why you were tired. Just think of what you are going to be able to do when the mono is over-- besides KISSING-- you can get on a really good routine for your health kiddo. Hey those Vikes may lose their QB for the game Sunday-- better check before you bet!!

doitformeSue Hey no problem with the job-- I can feel the right one coming your way!!How can they turn you down!! Is that rain from the hurricane leftovers? It doesn't seem that long ago that I was sending (or at least trying to) you sunshine:flow2:

AMANDA Prayers for you and Nigel and your futures.

JUDY I love your quotes-- where do you get them from?

JAMIE- Glad you are back from your cruise safely.

SHERRY- WHERE ARE YOU? LOOKING FOR ZOE? :lol:

WILMA- What does your mil do? just come for the baking?:)
Seems like whenever they leave you have more food than when you started-- now that is a company switch! Great-GREAT- work at Curves-- you are the talk of the town girl!!

ANGEL-- I am so sorry for your losses-- they just don't seem to stop do they? You have done nothing to deserve this that is for sure-- we will keep praying for you recovery!! My folks lost all of their stuff in storage years ago- they were moving into a trailer and couldn't keep everything there from the house I grew up in-- they put everything in storage until they got the trailer on the property-- during this time someone stole it all- my mom said the worst was all of the pictures of us kids and families.

Well gotta get the trash out!!

Later-IN HIS CARE- Gary

SunnyD57 09-23-2003 10:04 PM

Hi SAMI ~ So happy to hear that you & your DD had such a beautiful Wedding Day! Even after all that went wrong... boy, it's a good thing that you are talented! Never doubted you for it for a minute or that the Wedding would go off Wonderfully!!!

Good Night my friends! I will catch you when I get the next moment to. I have Curves @ 8:45am & then we have a funeral to go to @ 10:00am my Joe is singing for it.

I also got a call this afternoon and my friend's father passed away... she is not doing well. Would you keep Mary, Bill and their daughter, Cassie, in your prayers! It is just so sad!! :cry:

When it rains it's pours - doesn't it.

wilma12 09-24-2003 08:49 AM

Good Morning!

Sami: I'm so glad you're back and that you had a great time at the wedding. It sounded lovely. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures!! What dress did you decide to wear?

Sunny: Will be praying for your friend? It's a difficult time for her.

Gary: How are you doing? Is that nephew of yours coming around? What project are you working on these days? I have a bathroom that needs building.;) DH is off on a 3 day trip to Missouri and has little time to do stuff around the house and we can't afford to pay someone to do it so... we'll work at it when we can. When he gets the walls up I'll do the painting etc.

As for my MIL, yes, she loves to bake and doesn't like being bored . We're all at work so she bakes. I'm staying away from it though. The guys are loving it and I don't have to bake for a while so we all win.

I didn't go to Curves this a.m. because of time constraints. I'll try to go tonight or else do my walking tape.

Gotta go. It's almost time to leave and I haven't had my breakfast yet!

Have a wonderful day!

Mitchypoo 09-24-2003 01:28 PM

Hi all!:wave:

Oh Angel~That is such an awful thing to have happen, but in no way did you deserve it, dear! It doesn't make sense why these things happen. But they can't steal away your memories.

I've gone to bed early (9pm) for the last 2 nights and it is hard to get to sleep cuz i'm not used to it. I really don't feel any better yet, but will do this for atleast 2 weeks.

Sami~the wedding sounded beautiful! Kind of funny about the other mom ;)

Gary~i'm praying Culpepper will be well this weekend, but it sounds serious, he has multiple fractures in his back. That doesn't sound good at all. And if anyone is into baseball, wow is everyone excited around here about our Twins!

The friend i had a disturbing talk w/a few weeks ago called last night and is having a hard time. Said he apologized for acting like he did, he said he feels like he lost his best friend (which he didn't). He wouldn't tell me what he was so upset over.

eisenj 09-24-2003 07:53 PM

Hi everyone,

Finally some free time. My son is at soccer with Paul. I stayed home to make sure Laura finishes a science project. She has had it for two weeks but just started it yesterday. She and I have been butting heads the last few days. She got her driving permit yesterday after school. Pray that I have patients to teach her. We have a brand new 2004 Toyota Sienna or a big old station wagon To teach her in. I wish we had something smaller for her to learn in. Maybe a tank.:lol: :lol:

~Gary~ my quotes come from a list of 2000 I got from a local newspaper. In the year 2000 they asked readers to sent in there favorite quotes. I loved the idea. Now I like to collect them.

~Sami~ I'm happy all went well for you. Things are bound to go wrong at a wedding. At our wedding the preacher had a heart attack the night before the wedding. He refused to go to the hospital. We didn't hear about it till after the wedding when we came home from the honeymoon. I wish he had gone for medical help. The attack was mild but all attacks are serious. He could have had another one at the wedding. Our song at the reception was " Wind Beneath My Wing" By Gary Morris. We left it at the church. My sisters boyfriend at the time was a Philadephia police officer. He broke into the church to get the album. So you see thigs happen. We laugh about it now, but at the time we were stressed.

~Angel~ Did the storage place have cameras that could ID the thiefs?I hope they get the thiefs.

Got to go goodnight, don't let the bed bugs bite.

" Dogs are fur angels sent by God to sooth our souls"

sami 09-24-2003 08:45 PM

Hello I just came back from the dr. He is going to keep me on the pain meds indefinitely He does not think I have MS he said I do have a chronic illness (he is still leaning toward lupus) I am feeling a lot better today. I heard from the my DD she and her new hubby are having a great time in FL. I just took in 15 disposable camera's that were on the tables at the reception so who knows what is on them!
Angel lover-I am so sad for you how are things going?
eisenj-I have prayed about the problem with my friend and I have feel the Lord would want me to forgive her. I can't help that I still feel hurt. But I have talked to very few people about it (two) within my church only because they saw me crying. And I didn't bad mouth her (and now I am glad that I didn't) One of the other parents have offered to pick up my kids in the morning. Praise God. I feel like God will work it out for his purpose.
EZ-I would love a journal! And can you send me some of your wife's energy! I feel a lot of stress off my shoulders now and I am ready to sit down and spend time working out what is setting off my IBS and find something I can do that won't make my body hurt worse! The dr feels if I start slow and he wants me to stick strickly to my diabetic diet. The ortho dr said if I don't start getting my knees moving I won't be able to walk by 50!
Mitchypoo-Try tylenol PM it is great! My dr just added a sleeping pill because even thought I sleep alot I dream alot so I am not getting to the deep sleep stage so I am waking up unrested!
Wilma-Wow I would love it if someone left me lots of baked goods for the family!
Sunny D-Sorry for your Loss. It is hard to lose someone you care about.
Sue-Sorry about the job but like EZ said The Lord know best. I will keep you in my prayers for the right one to come along.
Amada-I Pray that Nigels job stress gets better. Now maybe he can find a Job that he will enjoy. Good luck on your job hunt also.

To anyone I am missing sorry! I am keeping all in prayers

EZMONEY 09-25-2003 12:33 AM

WEDNESDAY

Hi Ladies-

Hope all is well with all of you. The nephew and I went out for Togos tonight- I wanted pizza but gave in to a pastrami sandwich since that is where he wanted to go-- so much better for me:lol: Angie was at her monthly bunko game and my son had a night class.

SAMI- My wife started printing the journals herself last night- it will take a few days because these kids are always on the computer for school, I imagine by next week sometime she will have them done and I will get with you to send one. I hope you don't have lupus, I think I have told you my sister does-- I know some forms are more serious, hers is. I love the idea of the cameras- Angie is (supposed to be) making a creative memories scrapbook from her brother's wedding at the beginning of summer-- I think she is mostly "not" working on it-- that was our present to them-- if it wasn't her brother she would already have it done-- family always has to wait:s: We need you walking dear-LISTEN TO YOUR DOCTOR!!!! Prayers.

JUDYPrayers for your new "permit" driver- my step-d and neice are both doing that now-- mine are 20-22 but I remember-- I think the best part of me teaching them was that I was so patient:lol: :lol: :lol:

MICHELE Those Twins are gonna need Kir....BY Puc.....Ket if they are gonna beat those damn Yankees-- my Dodgers are gonna come up a few games short again this year-- no hitting. I hope you start feeling a little better each day-- why is that guy calling you back if he won't tell you why he was upset? None of my business, just curious.

SUNNYD Prayers for your friend in her loss. How is Curves going? The boys staying out of trouble-- don't cover for them!

WILMA- Hey I can do those walls!! my trade-- and I am cheap!! I only have one home project now to do and that is to paint both sides of a 100 foot laong fence down one side of my yard-- it was put up a few weeks back but I haven't had a chance to paint it-- and it is supposed to rain this week maybe-oops! Great job on walking if you don't get to Curves-- keep moving forward!! What a change in you since the pressure of your move!! Happy for you!

I see AMY came back on 173 and Sunny directed her here- Hi.

Well heading to bed- just watched Ed-- anyone else see it? Angie and I like it even though it is a little corny.

Good-night, Gary

Angel-lover 09-25-2003 07:44 AM

Hi everybody....just a quick post to thank all of you for the kinds words...& prayers.

There's no word on the things stolen....I guess they're gone. Eventually, we'll replace what's needed. The sentimental losses will stay in our hearts.....they can't steal that! God knows where they are....& they hurt his children. This is something He doesn't like. The Bible tells us to forgive, & to pray for our enemies. Sometimes it's hard...maybe some day...right now, I'm just kind of numb. Husband is just trying to go on the best he can. There was no security cameras. Probably will never know anything.

Thank you all, again. Just keep praying for us, & our family. I'm still praying for all of you. :grouphug:

sprout 09-25-2003 01:35 PM

Have gotten into a slump!

Need to get out of this -- before I turn too food!
Our son - 15 1/2 years old (adopted him when he was 3). Were told that he had all signs ect. of FAE (birth mom drank the whole time she was pregnant and still does -- all her children suffer from this). Anyway I also homeschool him partially because of how I feel religiously about schooling, also because of his having ADD and not being able to focus. I am not saying I can do better than a qualitified teacher but just having the one to one I believe helps these children -- and with as few distractions as possible.
Problem that is surfacing to unbelieveable tension is not his academics - when he does do the work he gets a B+ average -- it is the behavior. Started when he turned 12 and is just getting worse.
So off to the doctor I took him to see if we could start the process of getting him properly assessed -- not for academicas as I believe he is a very smart boy -- but the behavior issues. The uncontrollable lying to the extent we don't believe a thing that comes out of his mouth, not doing as he is asked at all. Our doctor - he is also a Christian and comes to our church -- is a great doctor but he has a problem with (a) homeschooled children and (b) admitting that ADD and FAE is a problem for some children. After two sessions between doctor and son Doctor informed me there is no medicall issue -- it is all academic. And the problem he sees is that I cannot teach him anymore -- that he needs to be taught by the school system -- that all our effectiveness has gone -- that if we continue homeschooling him we are making it so that he will be unable to hold a job. I totally disagree -- I feel that what he is saying is that others -- strangers that do not know our son as we do can teach him better re morals, motivation, how to act appropriately. This is so frustrating. We have close friends, also Christians, that have been raising 3 ladies since they were 10 years old and they are now 29, 30 and 31. The oldest one I can see my son so much in here -- borderline challenged. Yet when I first met her I would have not thought anything was wrong -- she speaks very well, seems to be all ok -- but as you really get to know her you can see that she is one step to the negative side of what we would say is normal.
Anyway I am frustrated with the doctor. I did not take our son to him to be evaluated re academics -- we have a lot of testing done on son that shows just where he is as far as reading, writing and math - it is his behaviors that we are concerned with. Even though we have him in a number of places where he interacts with 'teens' when he is in the position that he has to socialize with them he makes the choice of chosing ones that are 3 years his junior. This kid is 5'6 , 15 years old and 140 pounds -- we have recentl caught him jumping on the couch full force to the extend that he damage the arm of the couch and one of the board in the back of the couch cracked and went through the wall of the living room causing a hole that is 1 foot by 1 foot damage. This is not normal. But our doctor has said is it all academics and that he should be in the school system -- to put him back one year -- therefore rather than doing grade 10 put him back to beginning of grade 9. Son's birthday is in February so that would mean when hewould finish grade 9 with these school kids he would be 16 1/2 and yet the others would be just turning 15. Behaviourally probably that would be ok, but he is head over heels taller then the other kids and I believe he needs to be encourage to be with more age approriate kids.

So now we have more things to consider. Both hubby and I don't believe the answer is public school. We believe that with the inappropriate behaviors we are seeing inson that the school system just might enhance the problem.

Of course there is the concern too of me still fighting the cancer -- concern whether the radiation did the work it should -- still waiting to see the doctor on that.

And of course there is the on going problem of my weight issues -- having to deal with why I have turned to food when handling problems.

Sorry for the ramble, just needed to vent -- life isn't easy but there are times that I have thought it would be nice to have 1 or 2 days a week without major concerns or tension!!

Marilyn
632.5 miles walked todate

sprout 09-25-2003 01:37 PM

Food and Diet Obsession Article

Thought that this was interesting reading -- got if from Dr. Phil's web site.

Food and Diet Obession

If most of your day is spent thinking about what you just ate or what you're going to eat next, Dr. Phil says that the possible roots of your obsession may surprise you.

Most of the time, obsessive behavior and compulsive thinking about food have nothing to do with food. They have everything to do with your self-image. It's just that the battlefield you've chosen is food. It's where you've chosen to exercise tight control in hopes that none of your underlying fears and emotions will creep up on you.

People often use food as a control mechanism. Having an obsession with food and controlling your intake of it can be a substitute for having command over what you really want to control: how you feel about yourself.

Ask yourself what would happen if you didn't focus on food so much and let go of the control. Do you fear you'd be a worthless human being? What if you said, "My body image is independent of my self-image. If I am a good, caring and loving parent/spouse/child and an honest, responsible citizen, it doesn't matter how much I weigh"? You may want to weigh less and that's OK. But weight and self-image are not the same thing.

Know that you can unlearn this behavior. Everybody has a definition of success. If your definition of success is to have hyper-control of food intake, it's the wrong definition. You need to change your definition.

Understand that ending obsessive behavior with food sometimes isn't the answer to the problem because it doesn't deal with the root of the problem: internal dialogue that says you're a bad person if you don't weigh a certain amount. You need to change your internal dialogue.

When discussing food obsession, Dr. Phil believes it's important to note that one of the biggest problems with weight loss programs today is that they are highly focused on food. Many popular programs incorporate a regimented diet in which people have to weigh food and count calories, etc. People often go on a diet because they don't want to eat as much but the structure of the diet requires them to spend their entire day focused on food, which only exacerbates the problem.

EZMONEY 09-25-2003 07:19 PM

For Sprout

HI SPROUT-

I don't want to be critical but maybe bring a few things to your attention just in case you haven't thought of them. My nephew is ADD, he was really wild when he was younger and his folks had him on ritilan-- since he has been with me I have not had him on any medication and he does pretty good-- I hear that there is a new drug out strata???? something that seems to be pretty good. My nephew seems to be unfocused in school, he can wander with his business and pester everyone around-UNTIL I HOLD HIM ACCOUNTABLE FOR HIS ACTIONS!! -- if I make him get a paper signed each day from each teacher showing me that he behaved well and turned in all his homework etc. then he gets to watch TV after his homework is done each day-- if not no TV! When I do this he can FOCUS just fine-- and I am talking for months-- I did it last year-- you gotta hit him where it hurts and with my nephew it is the television.

Another thing I was thinking about with your boy is that with you and your husbands sickness-- that is a lot for a kid to handle too-- maybe he needs a break (I mean in a good way!!) from you. Teaching him and being with him a lot can maybe be suffocating to him-- kids don't understand how precious we are to them-- we know how precious they are to us, they assume we will be here forever.

What activities is he doing that the younger kids are there? My nephew does a lot better with the younger ones too--he is 12 going on 8 when it comes to play-- I asked about holding him back in school because of his past family life and his imaturity but they say no way- he is too smart. At school the grades are preschool thru 8th-- I can always find him playing with the 5th graders, he is in 8th.

My kids went from pre thru 8th grade at our chuch school too-- when they got into high school they sailed right along-- they found their niche with sports and student government, yearbook, class officers, etc. They LOVED public high school -- I was thankful they had a good foundation. Many schools have great special ed classes for those that need it-- I know many teachers in public school that are GREAT-- in fact I sleep with one each night- unless I am in the :stars: doghouse:lol: -- Keep active in your boys activities-- not spying but aware-- and he will be fine in public school I feel-- I think the boy just needs to RUN for awhile.

ANY way I hope I didn't offend and not knowing you or your boy I could be (been known to have foot in mouth many times) way out of line. Sorry if I am and happy to share if I am not.

Off to get the nephew from youth group-

Gary

sami 09-26-2003 07:23 AM

Hello I just have a few minutes. I went to bed early because I was having a bad day thursday. First I got to work and my boss had left me a nasty note. (Now remember she doesn't know what she really is doing and I do about 80% of her work) She has just started taking over the traning classes and she was upset because some of the paperwork was being sent in incomplete! Then I couldn't find my Drivers lic. and the phar wouldn't fill my meds without it even though they know me we work in the same building. (what made me made is if the other phar was there he never needs ID for the same meds) Then I found my lic about an hour later so I decided I was going to leave the building for lunch and someone backed into me! It didn't do much damage and after DH looked at I call the lady back and said don't turn it into your insurance it's not that bad just forget it. She was real happy of course but once we get her white paint off it will just another ding on my van and if she turns it in her insurance will jump up. So Pray for a better day!

Sprout-I wish I had the answer for you. I know I couldn't homeschool myself. I am like EZ my kids go to a christian school until High School and I know that two of my kids so far have had a trouble paying att but they did better in high school. I have one now who has a lot of trouble getting her homework done but she is so well behaved so she can blend in and no one notices I have to stay on her and keep her accountable and then she does well and she also plays with younger kids but the teacher said it's because younger kids look up to them and when kids struggle in school they feel insecure so being a hero around the younger kids is good for them. I know my Ashli will do a little as We allow I am not saying she doesn't struggle but if we make it easier on her she will not try to do more. Now my Molli she pushes to learn and even though she just started 1st grade she is reading very well and last night she was suppose to read 1 little 5 page book she read 3 little 5 page books. My prayers are with you I know it is hard to deal with problems day by day. If you are not happy with what the Dr said get a 2nd appl from someone who deals with kids that have the problems your son does. Most of the kids I know on meds for learning dis. go to speicalist not the family dr.

EZ- I am slowly working on the walking thing I am doing it in the house fist (because my legs go numb sometimes and I am afraid I can't make it home) I was doing pretty well there for awhile but if I get off track I fall off the wagon real hard. I didn't lose as much as I wanted for the wedding but by my next childs I will be slim. I do have to say I looked darn good though! LOL

Mitchy-How are your feeling today? And I been thinking about your Dad how is he doing?

Angel-Lover-My heart is heavy for you. We were robbed twice in one year (1985) and I still remember what that felt like. And then my Moms house burned down while we were at a funeral out of town and we still think of things we are missing!

Got to go!
Sami

Mitchypoo 09-26-2003 07:52 AM

Sami~thank you for your thoughts and prayers and also for my Dad. He has an appt. Oct. 1 to see the dermotologist. He has been having leg pain for an unknown reason and then he told my mom about a mole in that same area that he's had over 6 months now, but he's been picking it! Didn't think it was important to tell her, and didn't even tell his reg. dr. about it. Oh, he's so stubborn. But he says he will tell the dermatologist. Of course, my mom thinks it's cancer and is at her wit's end with him. I don't know what to think.

I'm still very tired even after going to bed early all week. I'm still really trying to take care of myself. I don't want to go in to work today but I must. But I'm thinking of working maybe half day, we'll see what happens.