Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2003, 11:38 AM   #91  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Charlotte~what a beautiful web page you have! I intend to spend more time there. You've done a wonderful job. Very inspirational. I hope it all works out w/Maytag. I think what your mil did with the Angel Shower is a beautiful thing! You are blessed and a blessing to me!

Need to get back to work.

Oh, but Sunny, I meant to tell you awhile ago about my kitty. I know that it is not the best anymore to let your cats run outside, mainly because of the danger of feline leukemia and normally i would not but w/Tom it's always been a little different. He was a barn cat we're pretty sure and he had a hard time adjusting to being inside at all, i had to teach him some manners, but he's just not happy being inside all the time. I had him testing for the feline leukemia and he didn't have it, and i know i'm taking a chance, but he'd be unbearable if i didn't let him out. He isn't declawed or anything so i don't worry about that. I'm just happy he came back!
Old 10-04-2003, 03:25 PM   #92  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Taking A Break

HI GALS

I am taking a break from cleaning house! Wow- vacumning is hard work, especially when you vacumn up a throw rug and get it caught around the belt, have to change it, and throw away full bag only to find out you don't have another one- get it back out of the trash and pull all the junk out of it so you can still use it! Angie just left for DD soccer game, she did her bathrooms after her morning 3.5 mile jog/walk. I am doing the floors today and fixing a chair that's handle came loose-- and I can still see all the ballgames!! A lot of them today-- the Marlins were looking good 5-1 now it is tied up- I don't care that much for them but I am pulling for them over those Giants!!

WILMA- Great job on the exercise! Planning (as you know) helps with the eating- especially after work-- we don't have or want the good stuff do we! Carbs are my downfall always- chips over ice-cream for me any day. How did the painting go? I am making your hamburger soup today, not sure if we will eat it tonight or if I will save it for a night this week after work. Smells good so far!!

SUE- Glad to see you posting more- dopes that mean you are at work? Sorry about the niece and nephew- I do understand about the bench though- my kids have road the pine many times in their lives! They just keep coming back and getting better and earning time! Being there is what counts more than anything- it is easy to support "STAR" it is the people that support the other kids that earn my respect!!! Sometimes they are the real "STARS" in hte long run-- I know plenty of good stars and vice versa.

ANGEL- Loved the website!! Glad to hear Maytag wants to settle- get all you can dear- you deserve it-- they have plenty and know they are wrong if they want to settle out of court. There is nothing un-christian about what you are doing! If you were being underhanded that would be different- all you are doing is prsenting the facts! God wants us to hold people accountable to their actions as long as it is under His guidance.

SAMI Great job swinging a room for yourself with all those kids- great management qualities!! How are the newlyweds doing? Still sending those pictures? How aboput the carpool situation? Prayers.

MICHELE Have fun at the horse show.

SUNNYD I hope your day went as well as it could have under the circumstances you are faced with. Prayers for your family.

Well USC is coming on and I still have work to do- Later, gary
Old 10-04-2003, 03:56 PM   #93  

Hello did a long post and lost it I hate when that happens! I am taking a break to take some meds before finish the littles girls room boy I didn't realize what I was getting into! they have stuff stuffed everywhere didn't look bad until we pulled out from under things LOL.
Sue-My DH is going to try to do that when I get off. I have been thinking of replacing it with one that does it all so maybe it is time!
EZ-My DD had a GTO when I was young and a friend of mine and I stuck our fingers in the holes in the stering wheel and got them stuck my DB thought he would help us out a try to pull and twist them out it didn't work so he stuck his finger in to show us how to pull them out and he was stuck! My DD noticed us playing in the car and came out saw what happen and had to get dish soap to get our fingers are out! I wish I had my first car it was a FIAT 850 spider blue convertable the only thing was it had cloth tubing to the fuel pump and the carb back fired while me and my DH were on our first date the carb caught on fire and by the time the fire dept got there it was to far gone. I guess you would say my first date with hubby was a hot one!!! LOL
Wilma-don't you just love a the posting! Praise God!!
Sunny D-You must have a great voice. After my pastors heard me and my friends sing karoke at my suprise b-day party none of us have ever been ask to join the chior!!! I hope you are doing well today!
Michele-I am glad you are taking care of yourself. Did the dr say how long you would be feeling bad?
Angel-lover-I love your web page WOW! That was so nice of your MIL to throw you an Angel party. I know I would be so sad if I lost my scrapbooking stuff. You have my prayers. It can't be easy sleeping on the floor with your health problems. we remodled our other house we paid DH brother to do most of the work and he took the money and ran. so it was just him and I. the house was beautiful when we go done but we spent almost a year sleeping on the floor! (and four kid in one bedroom) the house was old and we turned the attic into 3 bedrooms the ceilings slopped and we had to make the furniture to fit the room it looked like a doll house when we got done! But it was hard work!
Well I better get back upstairs or the girls will stop cleaning!
Sami
Old 10-05-2003, 11:10 AM   #94  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hello and Happy Sunday!

The horse show was very nice! They began with showing some Jack Russell Terrier races which was hilarious and they also were doing (gosh i can' think of what they call it? ) You know, where they have the dogs go through exercises w/a trainer. It was fun to see and made me miss my Jack whom was named Jake. I had him when I lived in OR, but he died after getting into some chocolate when I was at work, very painful lesson to learn.

Then my friend and his group did an example of what they do at We Can Ride which is a non-profit group that helps primarily children w/physical and emotional disabilities. It's horse therapy and very impressive, i'm thinking of volunteering some time, they have some evening classes I could do. They have a carriage that has a wheelchair lift and then the wheelchair person drives the horse! Quite amazing.

The horse show was English and one of the jumping shows. There were 2 Olympians included and people from all over US and Canada.

Not making it to church today, resting a bit, then the football game is at noon and Alpha is tonight.

Sami~the dr./nurse told me that the longer i push and don't rest, the longer it'll take to feel better. I think i do feel better but it's definitely not gone. Taking an herbal supplement called an Opti-biotic and hopefully i'll be able to see improvement soon.

Hope you are all having a great weekend!
Old 10-05-2003, 11:54 AM   #95  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Thumbs down SUNDAY

Hi Gals-

Just checking in before we go to church. We are having our church/school pic-nic today so we go to late service-10:30 then right to the pic-nic. Angie and I went to the veggie and fruit market and grocery store this morning-- I was thinkin' that I could read all the (2) newspapers I get before church for a change-- (even though I watched all the ballgames yesterday) but nooo.. she had to go shopping that way she can rest after church. Just kidding- I really enjoy shopping with her-- I just look at it as "sport". She is talking to me from the other room now (she talks to herself a lot so I don't pay too much attention 'cause it is usually not directed at me--- something about missing some coupons in the paper this morning before we went shopping--- duh! She is always in a hurry to get something done--I was still trying to get my shoes on and she had already gotten the car out of the garage and had it warmed up-- guess she wanted to beat the crowd-- don't know how it is at your stores but here they are really packed at 6:30 am Sunday morning-NOT!! All I can say is it is a good thing I adore her or she'd be OUT!! HA- I'd be OUT!!

Well SAMI I hope you get that room done today and get some time to rest.

MICHELE and SUNNY- good luck on the games- my Raiders will probably lose to those winless Bears today- at least my USC won yesterday. Funny and rewarding story on the show Mich.

Gotta get ready for service- shorts and T-shirts today!

IN HIS PEACE- Gary
Old 10-05-2003, 12:29 PM   #96  

Default Question about a pedometer

Someone, sorry didn't get the name, asked me about getting a pedometer re tracking your miles.

I think it is is really good thing to have -- you can wear it all day and it will give you how many feet / miles you walked in the day.

On saying that I don't use one.!!

Where I walk it is measured out for all walkers. It is at our Rec Plex -- where our indoor swimming pool and hockey rink are. Around the concourse of the hockey rink is where everyone walks. On the doors to go in to this area of the building it tells how many feet it is if you walk 1 lap and how many laps = a mile. The nice thing about going here is that the surface is flat -- no need to worry about cracked cement, rocks, ect, it is heated in the winter and air conditioned in the sumer. And it is open every day -- only closed for special events that occur during the day. Of course when there is a hockey game everyone goes and does their walk well before the game. So that is how I measure my miles.

I have not measured out the miles if I was to walk outside -- but I understand that about 20 city blocks are pretty close to 1 mile.

With my walking to tapes -- I don't count it in miles when I do them -- I just walk to them for 30 minutes -- but I do have one tape called Walking away the pounds and if you do the tapes she has at her speed you would know how far you are walking. Leslie Sansome has these tapes out and they are a 1, 2 and 3 mile walk -- and let me tell you when you do the 1 mile walk you do it in 15 minutes if you keep up to her speed.

But I do no that when I walk at the rec plex that in 30 minutes I do 1.50 miles so when I do my walking tape at home for 30 minutes assuming I am doing it at the same speed -- and I am -- I would be doing another 1.50 miles. I guess I really should count them in as my miles accomplished shouldn't I. With the tape I have just been recording it as 'walked to tape' and not as miles done!

Anyway hope this answers your question

Marilyn
Old 10-05-2003, 10:15 PM   #97  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Red face Night everyone - sleep well!

Awwwee GARY... I am so sorry about your Raiders!! Can't believe they lost by a daggone field goal. I am still watching the Browns... they are playing well (thanx for the well-wishes) - gonna be a late (!) game. Afraid I will be catching the highlights in the morning, I know I won't be able to stay awake. It has been a very long weekend & it is all catching up with me.

Catch you all tomorrow... hope it was a good weekend for everyone!! I have Curves in the morning early, so I will write a bit later in the day tomorrow.

Have a great night and a good Monday
Old 10-06-2003, 12:05 AM   #98  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

WEEK-END FOOTBALL SCORES:
MICHELE (VIKINGS)-- 1

SUNNYD (BROWNS)-- 1

GARY (raiders-stinkers) 00000000000000000000000000000

at least my son didn't lose his soccer game (tie)
Old 10-06-2003, 08:14 AM   #99  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Sorry Gary, sounds like a close game though. I have to say, it was fun watching the Vikings yesterday! 5/0, Wow!!
Old 10-06-2003, 08:38 AM   #100  

Angry Hi there!

Mitchy- Glad to hear you think your feeling a little bit better- that is a long process to get over, so take it easy, congrats on your Viking win.
E.Z.- Sorry to hear your raiders lost again, I used to watch football alot, then the scabs took over that one year and I lost interest, never have regained it, I used to like the jets, Mark Gastoneau ect, only to find out He went to prison for beating his wife. I watch it if someone else wants to, but don't watch much anymore. Tell angie thanks again, I recieved the journal, now just gotta start using it.
Wilma- Tacos sound yummy- Good luck on those blinds sounds like it might be a messy job.
Sami- Hopefully that will work, unplugging scanner. Talk about a hotie, that first date must have been something!
Sunny-d hope your feeling a little bit better, it is hard coping with loosing someone your close to.
Sprout- Great job on the walking, the concourse sounds nice especially the heat/ airconditioning, and flat part. Wish we had one near here.
I am doing good, wt. loss has slo-w-e-d way down. I hope it picks up a little bit, I gotta drink more water, I think that is the problem.
Well gotta run, see ya later, have a great day!
Old 10-06-2003, 11:36 AM   #101  

Hi everyone,

Used my cpap machine over the weekend. I do fine with it till about 3am then I'm pulling the thing off my face. So I'm getting some good hours of sleep. I just have to get used to having something on my face when sleeping. I have been warching TV with it on so I get used to wearing it.

Our town is having a weight loss program. They call it Taking It Off. You must be in a team of at least 10 people so you can support each other. We can pick any weight loss program or exercise program. The town has many businesses supporting it. Gold Gym is giving us two weeks of free classes, Mcdonalds is giving free water if you buy a salad, many other restaurants are offering 10% discounts off their diet menus. We had 500 people show up. The team that losses the most weight will win a prize. We have two months to loss the weight before the holidays.The town paper took our picture. Several school teachers are competing with each other. Our team are parents from the dance studio.

~sprout~ I'm the one that asked about your walking program. We have an out door track that is a mile around the city recreation building . We go to the mall to walk in the winter. I wish we had a track like yours that is heated and air conditioned. I think I'm going to get a book on tape and only listen to it when I'm walking or learn a language on tape. I have always wanted to learn Japanese. When I'm walking the dog in the morning I do my praying.

~Angel-lover~ Your web sit was great! Do you know alot about the angels in the bible? In GENESIS 6:1-5 Did the angels have sexual relations with human weman. Is that why God brought the flood? After the flood humans lives were shortened and angels were no longer permitted to procreate. The children of the angels were called gaints. Did I understand this right?

Got to go God bless you all

' A critical spirit is like poison ivy- it only takes a little contact to spread its poison."
Old 10-06-2003, 07:01 PM   #102  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Default MONDAY

HI LADIES-

Taking a few minutes before I go get the nephew from volleyball practice at church. Dinner is fajitas tonight, been in the crock-pot all day and smelling good now!! Really easy- all I do is cut up some flank steak, throw it in the crock-pot with red and green peppers sliced thin, 2 tbsp of cilantro, 2 cloves garlic minced, 1 tsp chili powder, 1 tsp cumin, a little salt, quarter tsp red pepper and 1 can of diced tomatoes-- cook all day then shread flank steak, throw back in the pot and serve with flour tortillas and cheese, sour cream , pinto or/and black beans-- so easy!!

MARILYN- Great job on the walking!! SUNNYD- How about those Browns!!! MICHELE- and those Vikings!!-- girls I think I am switching sides-- kidding!! althoug I have always liked the Vikings a little since they were the first real football team I remember watching growing up-- the Purple People Eaters they called them back then. Plus they are my Pastor's favorite team since he was born and raised in Minnesota.

JUDY The phrase sons of God has been interpreted to be either angels or humans, however intermarraige and cohabitation between angels and human beings, though commonoly mentioned in ancient mythologies, are surley excluded by the very nature of the created order. Sons of God probably refers to godly men and the daughters of men to sinful women. Thus the context suggests the intermarraige of the Sethites (sons of god) with the Cainites (daughters of men)- indicating a breakdown of the two groups. The Hebrew word Nephillim means fallen ones- in men's eyes they were heroes of old and renown-- but in God's eyes they were sinners= the fallen ones.

SUE Don't worry about the weight- just keep on walking and doing the best you can- the weight will go when it's time!

Well off for the nephew.

PREACH THE GOSPEL ALWAYS- USE WORDS IF YOU NEED TO!!

Last edited by EZMONEY; 10-06-2003 at 07:04 PM.
Old 10-06-2003, 11:34 PM   #103  

Hello this has to be quick tonight because I am very very sick.. I don't know if it is a bug (because others are complaining about pain in thier stomach) or just me.

Ez-Tell Angie Thank you I will e-mail her and let her know how I like her journal and the timing couldn't be better I just got my DH weights for his birthday and we were talking last night that we as a family are changing our eating starting next week (give us time to find some new things to put together unstead of quick foods like hotdogs) I really like the way it is put together and will give her some feedback as I use it.

Sue-I think my scanner is dead! I did have a friend send me a picture cd of the wedding and they have such good pictures I will try to get one of them on here. I think I am going to buy one of the new hp scanner,printer,copiers after christmas (I am hoping for a digital camara for christmas)

eisenj-I hope you get use to your machine I know several people who use those and say it has made a big diffrence.

Prayer are with you,
Sami
Old 10-07-2003, 01:14 AM   #104  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

SAMI- Sorry you feel so bad- let's hope it is the 24hr. flu and it is gone by now!!
Whether or not you use the journal I am soooo glad you and DH are doing this together-- the more support the better!! Just look at Wilma's success since her husband sprang for the Curves fee.
HEY HOW ABOUT YOUR HOMETOWN HEROS- PEYTON MANNING AND MARVIN HARRISON-- WOW WHAT A BALLGAME!! MY SON AND I WERE SCREAMING "HAPPY" WE ARE TAMBA BAY FANS ALONG WITH THE RAIDERS (this goes way back!! with old friends) BUT WE WERE PULLING FOR PEYTON IN THE 4th QUARTER EVEN THOUGH I HAD MY POOL MONEY ($5) ON THE BUCS , ANYWAY MY FAVORITE PLAYER IS PEYTON MANNING! I LOVED HIM SINCE HE STAYED IN COLLEGE TO HONOR HIS SCHLORSHIP!! WHAT A CLASS ACT!!! HE IS.
WILMA- forgot to tell you- your hamburger soup was a hit at our house-- very delicious!!

Good night ladies, Gary
Old 10-07-2003, 06:43 AM   #105  

Hi everyone,

~Gary~ Thank you for helping me to understand that bible passage. It also was nice to hear what Mike Scioscia is doing now. I thought he'd be running a sports bar or something. I got my yearbook out to check on his class picture. I don't think he had his school picture taken, but he is in the group picture for those playing baseball. I graduated in 1975.

~angel-lover~ I have a Genn Aire range with a computor chip, and I hate it. It has never worked from day one. It took a guy five times to come out and repair it. When ever I cook something in it for a long time it signal a failure and shuts off. One year we were having friends down the street over for Thanksgiving for turkey. The turkey was cooking in our oven for several hours when it shut off. I had a half cooked turkey. I put it in a wagon and finished cooking it at my friends house . what a site that was. When the kids went to school the teacher asked about there holiday. My friends daughter who was in the same grade as Laura wrote her paper about our turkey. The kids at school had a good laugh about that dumb turkey. We still have a good laugh about the day the turkey got a ride down the street. This year I would like to try frying a turkey, its real popular in the south.

~ Sami~ I hope you get to feeling better

I need to take baby (our dog ) to the vet. today for her heart worm shots. See you for now.

" finally, brethern, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, wharsoever things are lovely, whatsoever thigs are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. " PHILIPPIANS 4:8
Closed Thread