Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2003, 11:13 AM   #61  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Angry Morning Sami ~

SAMI ~ Can't stay on right now, but just wanted to say it's good to see you again...

If you don't mind the verse --- You sound like "an accident waiting for a place to happen" these days... you poor thing. I hope it gets better for you - it sure couldn't get much worse
Later...
Old 10-01-2003, 12:02 PM   #62  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Unhappy More sad news...

I just got off the phone with my hubby and he told me that our x-BIL, Earl, passed away last night from his lung cancer @ 8:30pm. Earl was waiting for his daughters to make it there (they were out of town) and they were visiting with him when he passed. So very sad... none of us expected him to pass on yet - we just saw him two weeks ago at a party and he was on the upswing and feeling better. He did look so very thin though. So very sad... so sad...

I would so appreciated Prayers for the families of Earl.
Thank you gang - for giving ME a place to come to & vent with all this sadness surrounding me these days you just don't know how much it helps.
{{{Hugs}}}
Old 10-01-2003, 01:13 PM   #63  

Default Hi!

Sunny so sorry to hear about your xbil, will keep family in my prayers, Here is a to help ya feel better- that's what were here for. Sami - Honey looks like you could use a couple things gotta start looking up for ya.Will keep you in my prayers as well. Eisenj congratulations 6 inches way to go, To walk a mile you have to take the 1st step and you did it, in fact you walked a whole bunch a miles, I wouldn't worry about speed that will come. E.Z.- Ron's back should improve now, He is a deacon at the church and He has been so uncomfortable for months, hopefully getting the ruptured disk repaired will take the pain away. Thanks for the boost of confidence for the job, just gotta wait and see. I never was great at bowling occassionally get game that is good, but just average, enjoy the people, and socializeing, more than actually bowling. The man and his daughter from Ghana spent the summer here. He did some work and visited some area churches and has enough money to buy a piece of property over there and start building his small orphanage. It is so sad that there is such an abundance of children who's parents have died from aids that try to survive in the streets, begging for food, as He says we take so much for granted here in the states.
Old 10-01-2003, 01:16 PM   #64  

Default continued-

Mitchy- Hope and pray your soon feeling better as well, E.Z. Thanks again to angie for journal, I guess you got my pm, Hi to everyone else. I saw a quote on a t-shirt, and bought it today.
It says "If your on your knees you don't have far to stumble. Its got a country image of a boy and girl saying their prayers how cute, and how true. love to all.
Old 10-01-2003, 02:14 PM   #65  

Default Try again!

Here goes one more time!
Old 10-01-2003, 02:16 PM   #66  

Default yeah!

I finally did it, it took me about an hour of playing around but I did it. This is me in the black dress, This picture is a year ago, so my hair is longer, the lady in the picture is my second mom, she is my neighbor. It is tiny but it will give ya an idea, I'll keep trying.
Old 10-01-2003, 05:56 PM   #67  

Hi I'm back

I'm going to my sons soccer game tonight. It's his last game. It starts at 7pm. If they win this game, they win for the season.

~ Sunny~ I am so sorry to hear about the death of your xbil (Earl). You have been to alot of funerals lately. My prayers go out to you and your family.

[color=red]~ Sue~ I love your picture. YOU DID IT!:

Need to go.... I'll talk to you all when I have more time tomorrow.

"what lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us"
Old 10-01-2003, 07:00 PM   #68  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Very quick here- have to take a shower before the social worker comes to check on the house for my nephew-- I have him putting all the bleach bottles and poisons up high before she gets here-- hope he doesn't fall off that ladder--I'M KIDDING of course.
Sue- great picture!! All the ladies on this site are gorgeous!!

SAMI-- I finally figured it out-- God isn't allowing all this bad luck for nothing-- HECK NO!! He is giving you the ideas for many country and western songs!! You are going to be rich and famous-- start writing girl!!! YIPEE KIYAA.

Going- Gary
Old 10-01-2003, 07:17 PM   #69  

Well I got to come back for a few minutes. My poor doggie was so sick I think she ate something she shouldn't she is quite a handful (and she only weighs about 4-5 lbs) I think she is feeling a little better now she has kept down some food and water. I am going to work just a few hrs thursday so maybe I can get some scrapbooking done! I am getting my house in order this weekend I still need to move some things around from where my DD moved out.
Sunny D-Sorry for your loss![[[HUGS]]] And you know we are here for you. It is so nice to have other Christians to share with. I am feel blessed that the Lord has brought us together to lift each other up!
Mitchypoo-I had a feeling that your test would come back as EB my BIL had that at about the same age and it took a long time for him to overcome it. He had to take extra Vitamins (they ran some test to see what his body was depleted of) You take care of yourself and forget that loser guy it is his loss!
Doitforme-How did you get the picture to post? I want to put up some of the wedding. You look great! And you are a great example of working for the Lord! I will keep your Job in my prayers. Here in Indy there is a place that our church goes camping it is called Fellow Christian Athlete center and they have Christian people and families live out on the wooded area to take care of it. And every since you have started talking about looking for a job I have thought this would be the perfect job for you! (just a thought) I will pray that the good Lord show you what his will is for your job.
Ez-I sent my address on private message I will put the journal to good use! I hope your nephew is doing well. Pink eye spread through the whole family and the Dr made us all get our own meds so I have to buy 8 things of pink eye meds.
Angel lover-I pray things are looking up for you. Read Romans 8:18 it helped me through some tough times!
eisenj-Tell your husband that if he doesn't get to the Dr that acid refux can cause cancer! I have a lot of stomach problems and I can NOT go to bed without taking zantac or I would be up all night sick. There is a lot of new meds that work so well (I can't take some of them because they bother my IBS) YEAH you are my new hero with the loss of 6inches!!!!!!!
AmandaPanda-I will pray for you new life. I am sure God has something planed for your future. I know here in the US it is hard to prove that you were unjustly let go or pressured out. I did a speech on that in college.
Jamie-I have to go with what EZ said. I always say if it is tough now in the first few years together it will be worse when the tough times really kick in! I met and married my DH 4 months and 1 day from our first date! I was young and in love and wanted a christmas wedding and didn't want to wait a whole year! (I was a senior in high school) We have been married for 22 years! (and no one had better add it up to figure out how old I am I only admit to 25!) I think if it isn't working (and only you can answer that) you are keeping yourself from finding the right person who will make you happy.
Marilyn-I pray that your health is improving. I pray that you find the right answer to your problem with your son. I have a DD who struggles in school and her teacher wanted her held back I wasn't sure we were doing the right thing but I knew she was right about the fact that she wasn't able to keep up with the other kids in her class. We held her back and the teacher was great she had a talk with the class while she was out of the class room (it is a very small school and the kids knew she was held back) and explained to the class why she was keep back and the kids have been great! When school started she started her old bad habits and both the teacher and I put our foot down with her and she has done a complete turn around because we make her accountable. So maybe if you could find a christian school that would be helpful. But I am sure you will do what is best. We will keep you in our prayer!

I need to go check on DD's homework!

sami
Old 10-01-2003, 09:13 PM   #70  

Default October already!!

Can't believe it is October already!!

Went to doctors appointment this morning. Was up most of the night being sick -- think it was nerves thinking of all the prodding he was going to have to do.

Anyway got in, we talked about the radiation treatment and what the cancer doctor saw a month ago. He then looked at me and said, 'You know what, I don't think I should exam you here -- I want you up to the hospital where I have more instruments and where I can get a better picture of where you are at (he did this the last time because of me caring so much weight in my stomach). So after all the feeling sick last night I didn't get examined today but should have it possibly sometime next week. We talked about the side effects of radiation -- there are so many of them. One I just found out last month was the scaring tissue -- there is a whole lot I have to do to prevent this but even with the prevention it could happen and he told me today if that happens then every exam would then involve being put to sleep for it. Yuk!! And of course there is the possible side effects of having permanent 'trots' and with having IBS well it is hard to tell which is which. When he asked me how I was feeling re the side effects told him mainly just still tired. Now you should now this doctor is very young -- could be my son in law -- around 34 (I am 55) -- and he looks at me and says with a smile on his face 'Yup the tiredness is there but it should get better but you must also realize that once you have radiation after 50 it seems to bring on this tiredness even more so' and he laughs. I am fortunate to have good doctors.

Gary -- you asked about son. Last few days have been much better even though yesterday was a bit difficult to start with. We have checked out all the options (a) continue homeschooling -- which is what both of us reallywant (b) put into public school (c) put into the alternate school program -- went and checked it out and did not feel to good about it -- had a look at the students there and not meaning to judge but they all looked like kids that were really not the ones I would want my son to hang around with (d) and last one is there is a private Christian school that uses the same curriculum we are using that we could put him in. For the higher grades (10 and above) there are only 2 - 3 students but down fall of this is the tuition is very very very high. But it is there. But one thing we have started as of today and are going to do it for this month is rather than doing 4 hours, 1 hour per subject we are going to do 3 hours and only one subject. And he will work only on that one subject. He is about 6 months behind (1/2 way through grade 9) due to his fooling around, so we are trying to work on on subject -- say English today -- and have him complete the rest of Grade 9 English before he continues with another subject. This way he can see that he has actually accomplished something rather than a little of everything every day and not seeing that he is getting anywhere. We are going to try this anyway for October -- if all goes well he should be able to finish English and Science of Grade 9 this month. Then November he would work on Socials and Math. And the other thing we are getting him to do is to call his two tutors daily asking at least one question of each of them pertaining to the work he is doing -- he dislikes asking for help so we are working on getting him over this -- and the main thing we are doing is praying over him. Anyway enough of that.
By the way our daugther is doing so well -- thank goodness we aren't having trouble with her at the same time.

Food plan is going good -- I am finding that when I eat things now such as bread which is a trigger food the Lord is helping me by making my stomach act up and not feel well. I asked for help in this area -- that if there was food I shouldn't eat that I would no by how I felt.

Going to get weighed tomorrow -- praying even for a small loss but it is down the line that really counts.

Went for my walk today -- am up to 636.75 miles -- getting close to my goal of 650!!
Old 10-02-2003, 08:58 AM   #71  

Default Hi!

I pray all goes well next week at your test sprout , it is so hard waiting to have test, then waiting for test results. Pray God will put a protective hedge around you, and give you peace of mind during this period of waiting. Pray all works out with ds as well, I have no children but have several nieces and nephews which I spoil rotten. Wish you well.Sami- Honey I have a job, it is a dirrector of a home residence for handicapped people, I am employed by the state of N.Y. It is a good job, with alot of responsibility, and great benefits, the job I put in for or posted for is a client coordinator which is more money, better hours for less responsibility. I really do enjoy my job, I have 7 great people that work under me, but I think the job you suggest might even be more fun, I do love camping, but I couldn't move I would miss my family to much. I am a home body except church and work, so I really don't meet alot of people, but I like me, so that is o.k.
Every time I tried to attach a picture before it said wrong format, needs to be j-peg. So I went to google and found this easy screen trial that allows you to change any picture into a j-peg, then I just had to make the picture smaller. I don't do many pictures of me, so will have to find or get a more recent one.
Old 10-02-2003, 09:00 AM   #72  

Default continued

Try that it is a free trial so that might help. E.Z. Thanks for the compliments- pray all goes well with social services visit. You are the man, how could it fail. See ya guys later, off to bowling.
Old 10-02-2003, 10:59 AM   #73  

Hi friends

I walked one and a quarter miles today and hope to go to Curves after I drop Laura off at dance this afternoon. Matt is staying late at school to sign up for Math Counts ( a math acedemic team).

got to go friend called with car troubles, need to help her bye
Old 10-02-2003, 02:23 PM   #74  

I'm back

My friends belt broke so she did not have power stearing, breaks,or a fan to cool radiator. We had to take lunch to her husband at social services. So I'm back now...

Wilma- Im going to try your hamburger soup next week.

Sprout- If I were to get a pedometer how do you determine your starting number and goal. Also do you keep it on all day? Keep us informed of your prayer needs in relation to your health and your family. We are all here for you.

Sami- Have you ever heard of kaleidoscope scrapbooking? I took a class once on it. You take three to six pictures and have them printed in reverse. Like a mirror image. Ex. like a picture of a child with there arms stretched out. You make a picture in a circle of the hands touching . The center is blank so you can add a poem, scripture or cute saying. It is so much fun. A great gift idea. Flower pictures were also good subjects to kaleidocope with. There is a book out on it, but I forget the name since I lent it out and never got it back. I saw it once at Michael's craft store.

Sunny- I loved your quote. I'm adding it to my collection.

Gary-Im not into sports ,but my husband and I love ice hockey. Before we were married we would go and watch flyer games. When I was in high school a kid a year behind me was a great baseball player. He ended up in the Dodgers his name is Mike Scioscia. He is probably retired now. When he was in school, colleges were offering him new cars to encourage him to join their universities. It was wild. He did good for himself. How did your visit with social services go? I'm praying for you.

Sue- What type of camping do you do? When I was little we went camping during the summer months. I tried tent camping with my family, but our daughter Laura can't sleep with mom and dad snoring, matt talking in sleep ,and bugs and frogs churping. She loves her own bed. She even hates hotel/motels.

got to go

"everything we shut our eyes to, everything we run away from, everthing we deny, denigrate or despise, serves to defeat us in the end."
Old 10-02-2003, 03:35 PM   #75  

Default Hi!

Hi there! Sorry to hear about your friends car, but she is lucky to have a friend like you to help her out. As for camping, I have a seasonal site, where I leave a 24 foot winnabago with all the conforts, or at least most of the comforts of home, like bed shower, running water (hot) ect. So all I have to do is grab whatever food, some clothes and I'm good for the weekend, its like having a vacation cottage on wheels. Works for me.
Closed Thread