Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2003, 10:28 AM   #16  

Default Hi there!

Been a crazy week, I just finished catching up on all the posts.
Angel- sorry to hear about the robbery, will keep you in my prayers. E.Z. - the rain probably was the end of Isabel, but the sun is shinning today so you must have sent it through thanks. Mitchy - sorry your still not feeling well. Hi to everyone else- will try to be better next week about individual posts. I have been attending a missions conference all week at church, and today we pack a tractor trailor load of stuff to go to Ghanna so I gotta run. But just wanted to say Hi! Camping this weekend and then will get home Monday! Love and Prayers. won't be long and the snow will be flying and then I be stuck inside. Diet update- I haven't lost anything since monday, I have lost just the 15 lbs since starting. I haven't cheated just stopped loosing again. Hope to see another drop soon. But maybe catching up from loosing first 15 so fast. Who knows, anyway gotta ruin! Take care.
Old 09-26-2003, 10:30 AM   #17  

Hi everyone

Taking a break from house cleaning. Boy I hate doing it. What I hate the most is ironing and food shopping. I would rather work out side the home.

~Sprout~ This is only my two cents but I think you should continue homeschooling. I don't know your public school system but ours can not handle special needs kids. They get lost through the cracks. I had a friend that had twin boys with ADHD and both never learned to read. They are now in high school with very little education. They are not labeled ******ed but are placed in their classes because the school system didn't know what to do with them. They will never get their diploma because they don't meet the requirements. They could have sued the school, but they didn't have the money for a lawyer. When they checked into suing, none of the lawyers were interested in taking the case in our area. The mother is also illiterate ,the father does not have the patince to teach and must work to support their four kids.

If I were in your shoes I would continue to homeschool. Only you know the individual needs of your child. I would also go to your local homeschool association for a doctor that will support your efforts. Or a doctor that specializes in ADHD. There are support group for parents. Many kids with ADHD get in trouble in the schools with drugs, smoking and sex. They want so much to fit in even if its negative attention. I would however, get him involved with out side activities like rec. soccer, the playhouse (acting), swimming etc. so he has friends. Then you can control his peer group. FAE kids from what I understand have very similar problems as ADHD. Some homeschool material is video taped. That would help you alot. If you need more information on homeschool support group or ADHD I will find it for you. Lot of love..... Judy
Old 09-26-2003, 12:38 PM   #18  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Angry Hello everyone!

A very GOOD morning gang! Have you guys missed me? I sure have missed all of you!!!

Hi GARY! The last two days have been so sad with the funeral services, but I must say... the Curves workouts have kept me from getting too far down in the dumps. Thanx for asking Still went each time I was suppose to & had another great workout this morning! The owner of Curves has already signed up over 200 people and is going to get another machine (#9 for us) and will order another (#10) in three weeks if everything keeps going like it is. Fingers crossed! I was so drained from the last two days I wasn't feeling much like going this morning, but once I got there and saw all my new (and some current) friends there and heard the music ~ I was ready to go! I see and feel a difference already in my body shape! I haven't seen any more weight loss , but I know it will come off once my muscle tone catches up with the 'high' body fat I have The ladies there are so supportive @ Curves... it's absolutely wonderful. I come home with such a high! So glad I joined.

Gary---I saw the Raiders play also and am so sorry for you Maybe they will do better next time. My hubby is a happy camper tho, because of you & Michele I am watching more games again

And the boys are doing great! They miss me when I am not home much---all over me when I am home. You missing my pictures Gary ?? ?? will be glad to post more kiddin' --- just kiddin' not gonna 'right now' anyway.

How's the nephew doing these days? Your dinners always sound devilish when Angie isn't cookin'. Everything going better with his mom and your arrangements?

ANGEL ~ I just wanted you to know that I am still thinking of you and tugging on the Lord's robe in prayer that it all is settled soon so you are able to resume your lives with some sort of normalcy again! My heart goes out to you! Thank you for the PM

MICHELE ~ Sounds like you are still struggling with the mono I am so sorry... what you need is allot of total stress-free rest and it doesn't sound like with your job schedule that is totally possible. Just keep doing what you can. I hope you feel better real soon!! It sounds like you have been ill for awhile, so it may take some time to heal up. I hope that what your Dad has isn't cancer! Prayers!!!! He should get to the Dr. soon.

Guess what?! I found Fairborn, Ohio on the map... it's about 4 hours from where I live. Wouldn't that be neat if we could meet one day on one of your visits to your Aunt...

Well, just want you to know that I am thinking of you and hope you feel like your good old self again real soon!

Hi WILMA ~ Sorry you have missed some of your workouts - I love going! Thanks again for convincing me to go! I just love it!

How's that bathroom project coming along? It is quite a task when you are rebuilding like Angel is or adding on like you are... LUCK!

Hey there SUE ~ Great to see you around so much!! Yes, I must agree... when you miss a few days posting it is tough catching up again --- whew!

As far as your diet goes... that's what happened to me too. You are on the SBD aren't you? I had lost 16 lbs right off the bat and then when I went to Phase-II I put a few #'s back on and now am beginning to lose again, but oh so very slowly. Especially now that I am working out. I hope to see some results again soon. I must say... since I began the SBD and the Curves I have been feeling really great! Hang in there, okay!!! And have a wonderful time camping this weekend!!! The trees are beginning to go through their changing and in about 7 to 10 more days should be in their peak! Beautiful! Bet you will have some cool nights! Bring some warm clothes with ya

Last edited by SunnyD57; 09-26-2003 at 12:46 PM.
Old 09-26-2003, 12:39 PM   #19  

Angry

AMANDA ~ So good to see you posting again! I hope that everything gets better for you and Nigel real soon! My prayers for you both always. I feel for anyone going through the kind of anxieties you have described Nigel going through. I have gone through them... ( not nearly as often as I use too---thank the Lord.) What I do is... I talk to the child inside myself that becomes afraid of new things (nooo, not out loud--- Gary --- I can hear that mind of your turning ) and imagine taking her hand and walking through the door with her as an adult & taking slow deep breathes... it really works. And 'noooo' I am not crazy... it's what I do so I don't become crazy! You see, Amanda, I was badly abused by my father when I was young from the age of 5 till I was 12 - beaten at times, but mostly it was sexual abuse. A common secret in many families I am afraid. That's why I feel so blessed to have my Joe! He has always been there to help me through the nightmares, sleepless nights, fears & anxieties. He has loved me through all the stages of growth that I have gone through. And he has restored the faith I have in men again... Joe is such a good man! I have a good relationship with my father today and he has apologized for all he has done (which is more then most get!), so I was able to move on after some time. But he still does things that hurt, but that is just my Dad. Women have their place, you know, barefoot and preg (according to him).... but I can't even have children, so where did that put me in his eyes. I still sense a disappointment when I visit, but my mom tries to make up for it. She and I have shared so much and she too has helped me to heal those wounds. It never goes away... you just learn to handle it and grow past it.

So sorry to go on... but I do have an idea what you & Nigel must be feeling with anxiety attacks. God Bless you both!! And thanx for allowing me venting time

Hello SAMI ~ Good to have you back and posting again, but so sorry that you have been delt some really bad cards lately!! I sure do hope you have a much better day into the weekend!!!

Hey SHERRY ~ Where ya been lately???? Hope all is well and you just have been busy.

SPROUT ~ My prayers!!!! I don't know anything more powerful I wish you and your DFamily the very best with trying to decide what is the right thing to do.

JUDY ~ I have to clean today too! Haven't begun yet - wanted to catch up here first. Then I have tons to do after being gone most the week. The cats can make such a mess if you don't keep up! I hate to house clean, don't you? But after it's all done it just looks and smells so nice. I just got a call from a lady I use to clean for many years ago - she wanted to hire me again... I was like "are you kiddin' ? I barely keep up with my home now " I had to tell her no... haven't done that in over 10 years now.

My prayers for you and your DD, Laura. My girlfriend's daughter just got her permit and is going for her driving test this Saturday. She has me praying for her too! She is so worried about the winter and the fact that she'll be a new driver. It's terrible here in the winter (snow-belt!) They buck heads allot too. It's gotta be the age. She is 19 now but they have been going at it since she turned 15! Don't want to be in their home when they cycle together... her poor hubby. And they just got a new car for themselves so when she passes her test she can have the older car. Lisa was like "I'm not driving that car!" --- NOW it's "I can't wait!" She has already made evening plans to meet with her boyfriend that night, and hasn't even taken the test yet! My girlfriend says her daughter is turning her prematurely gray "LUCK & PRAYERS for YOU & your DD!!!"

I hope I haven't left anyone out... forgive me if I have.
Parish the thought.

THANK YOU ~ALL~ again for the kind words and prayers!

(((Hugs)))

God's mercy can't end.
O give thanks unto the Lord, for he is good:
for his mercy endureth for ever. Psalm 107:1

Last edited by SunnyD57; 09-26-2003 at 12:50 PM.
Old 09-26-2003, 02:38 PM   #20  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Yeah, Sunny is back! Sorry you've been occupied w/funerals, that is no fun, but glad you are back.

Really proud of you for going to Curves! That is really wonderful. Sounds like you have a great place to go, that is something if she already has over 200 people signed up. The one i worked for is very similar to curves, we had 9 machines and she couldn't get over 100 people signed up. But IMO it is because of her management, which is why i don't work there anymore.....very negative and schemey and just gave me a bad feeling. But as far as the workout and the program, it's GREAT for women! You will do well, i am sure. Did you take your weight and measurements? If not, consider it, cuz it's fun to see your progress monthly and sometimes the inches mean a lot and not the pounds.

I came home early from work today, i was just whipped, my head is killing me w/this sinus thing and i feel like I haven't slept. I'm heading for a long nap this afternoon!
Old 09-26-2003, 03:04 PM   #21  

Angry Michele

Hey there girl, Thanks for the big welcome back

Yes, I did get weighed and measured when I started Curves on the 17th { *note the weight change on my sig slight but every little bit cts! } So I am looking forward to getting it done again I think on the 17th of next month. Is it every 4 wks or every 6 wks they do weight & measure again? Well, anywho... I am ready.

Gotta get back to my house keeping.
Take a good long nap!
You gotta get better.
Ta!
Old 09-26-2003, 08:48 PM   #22  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default TGIF

HI EVERYONE--

What do you mean you saw my Raiders play Monday night SunnyD? You are a liar! I don't know who in the heck that was in the Raider uniform but it wasn't them Actually I think there is going to be many more like that this year I jus hope we beat the local team the Chargers this Sunday or I won't hear the end of it from my "friends". Before I got to the sad part of your story (so sorry for you) I was gonna ask you to walk my Raiders by hand through there next game 'cause something for sure is scaring the living daylights out of them!!

Angie has got her "trial" journal printed and will get them bound on Monday so I will be getting them out to those that asked for them next week-- I will pm you for your addresses over the week-end.

The social worker for the court will be coming by next week to check on my house to see if it is fit enough to hold my nephew now that he is going to be my legal gaurdian-- can't figure them out-- it is ok to be a foster home-- they NEVER checked on me after they left him here to see how he was doing before or if he was even HERE!! They care more about where I keep my cleaners for the kitchen than my nephew I think. It is no wonder they lose kids.

Sprout-- Judy makes very good points-- all I know is our local high school has a great special ed program-- but she brought up that all of them don't-- the main point I was trying to make was that it sounded like your boy needed some space for his very own.

Michele I am sorry to hear you are still feeling bad-- get over it soon okie-dokie. Prayers for your Dad!!! My goodness I bet your mom could just kill him!!

doitforme-- camping again?! Go figure-- maybe you should just get rid of your place and get a 2 story tent-- save on bills I am praying that the job for you "custom ordered by God" comes soon. Me, if I don't like where I am at- I just quit then somehow or an other Angie finds out and I have to go ask for my job back

Sunny-- when my kids got their drivers license I wouldn't allow them to drive at night for awhile-- that would solve your friends problem with the boyfriend/dd thing. I had a bunch of restrictions until I felt and my kids felt they were ready to head out like the rest of us-- so long only in town and daytime-- then nights- then day freeway then nights etc.

SAMI-- OK-- I finally figured it out-- why all the bad luck-- you must be living on some old Indian burial ground or something-- there just must be a whole gang of evil spirits out to get you-- no one has all that bad luck-- except maybe ANGEL-LOVER-- continue with what you are doing because the end of it must be in site-- then my dear you will be on one heck of a good ride!!! for a very long time!!

Angel, I hope things are going smooth today. Amanda you too! Judy can you come help me out on my cleaning? Just kidding.

Everyone else- please come back.

Well gotta Angie has dinner ready-- tacos-- fried! The absolute only thing she will ever fry!!! And that is the truth-- I haven't seen fried chicken since my ex-wife left.

IN HIS CARE-Gary
Old 09-27-2003, 08:56 AM   #23  

Angry Good Rainy Morning CEr's!

It's raining like the dickens here!! Had a huge storm come through @ around 2:30am! Woke us up it was so loud... now it's just wet!

Hey GARY... No need to feel sorry for me - that's okay really (but I thank you for the internet hug ) I am pretty darn good these days and do better all the time. Have learned not to use what has happened to me as a excuse to continue destroying myself. If I were to let it continue - it would be as if I were still being abused. And I am not anymore (a slow process over the last 12 years or so). What I did was take the time to talk with my father, face to face & learn about his past to see what made him tick (so I could see why he did what he did) and it really has helped me in my recovery. And it has helped him too. He saw that I still loved him and was very interested to learn about his life & past. He got to relieve himself of past pain too! Awesome (!) what God can do to heal our lives when we let go!! And if I could - I would walk your Raiders in... they surely need a helping hand, don't they. Well until the recent game - you & I could sit on the sidelines and weep for our teams together --- "Luck" for this Sunday's game! Will it be televised? I am really hoping that they both do well this season. Unlike Michele ... she looks to have a winning team!

And I will suggest to my girlfriend some of the things you mentioned as far as her DD's driving habits. Good suggestions!

As far as your DN goes... it just doesn't surprise me any at all. The system really does need to have an overhaul!! Begin from square one again - I think they have gotten lost in the maze of paperwork and have lost sight of the needs of the families and children! I wish you well!

I am looking forward to Angie's Journal and will send my address (pm) right after I finish here, okay.

Oh... before I forget! Joe & I saw the movie "SECONDHAND LIONS" and highly recommed it to you all! Just a wonderful, funny, feel good movie! It even leaves you at the end with a laugh! Wonderful film! (don't listen to those critics!)

You all have a great day!
I am off to have some breakfast with my hubby.
Later...
Old 09-27-2003, 02:38 PM   #24  

Default Thanks everyone!!

To all that responded to my last post -- thanks so much. It does help.
Some of the problem we had was that with going to our doctor, who also attends our church -- we went not because of academics but because of behaviors that are not appropriate for a 15 1/2 year old. After 2 visits doctor says it is not a medical issued but an academic issue -- he feels the kid is not on the 'slow ' side but on the above normal side. Doc just did not get why we were were -- I know where our son is academics -- he is very bright -- but it is all the inappropriate things that he does that is so hard to deal with. The lying, the laziness/lack of motivation -- son says school is school no matter where you do it that it is just plain boring and he doesnt want to do it -- but he also states he wants an education so he can in the future get a good job -- he is not able at this time to put them together.
Doc referred us to the high school principal -- also a member of our church! -- and the principal said he agreed that our son was bright but that to put him in public school really is not a good thing. He gave me a number to call on Monday -- where son could go for 3 hours a day and work on just one subject each day -- all on the computer. There are about 20 people in the class and all different ages with a teacher that goes around making sure they get help when needed. So that is an option -- the downfall though is that he would do 1 subject per day until that subject is completed for the given year. So this means he will not be finished grade 12 when he is 18 -- more like around age 25 -- and when we talked to son about this he flatly said no way -- I want to be finished when I am 18. The other down side of only doing 3 hours -- from 9 - noon each day -- then he has all the rest of the day for ???? He doesn't want to get a part time job but said that if we put him in this other program than he wants to spend all afternoon and evening just watching tv -- and I don't agree with that all -- to much free time is also not good. Especially for these types of kids -- they just end up getting into trouble. We have son in 3 activities per week -- and that keeps him busy enough with his peers.

It would be nice to get in touch with medical people that understand but when they sluff it off as not a problem -- obviously they aren't living with these children. Anyway I have now gotten the number of 2 other places that will properly assess him not on academics but on behavior -- so that should help. And knowing that if worst comes to worst we could put him into this alternate schooling for 3 hours per day -- with the knowledge that in 3 years he would only have completed grade 10 rather than 12, and would not be ready education wise to go out into the work world.

Good thing though this has all done, I think it has opened the son's eyes a little -- last few days he has tried harder to comply with the rules of the house as he says he thinks we are going to make him go to this other alternate school which he doesn't want. Even seeing a small improvment helps but we worry so much about his future -- will he be able to hold down a job for any length of time or is he going to be like so many of these children that go from job to job every few months due to lack of motivation and concentration.

Good news is that I am off the plateau re my weight. Have been first doing my Christian 12 Step Program -- leaning more on Christ every day, and then applying Dr. Phil's 7 keys to my life -- and I think I am getting down to some of the hard issues that I need to deal with -- therefore the loss of weight has come.

I am working re the weight loss not so much from the weekly weighins or even so much as the monthly weigh ins but am looking at where am I going to be in 12 months from now. I know where I was 12 months ago -- and it has not changed for the better really -- so I am working on changing life styles so that in 12 months I can say, yes, I am healthier, and my weight is one of the items that prove this.

As for walking -- I have now walked 634 miles with my next goal at 650 and the goal for December of this year to have completed 700 miles. I know I am going to make that goal -- I am now walking 30 minutes each day - between 1.50 to 2 miles each time.

Thanks again everyone for your helpful suggestions!! We will step forward, we will do what is necessary, we will be happier, healthier people -- because we have a great cheerleader on our side -- our precious Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
Old 09-27-2003, 06:09 PM   #25  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Good luck with that boy of yours Marilyn-- I found it kind of funny that he says school is boring-- that is all my nephew used to say until 2 weeks ago-- I told him that he wasn't allowed to use that word describing his day anymore-- he has come up with quite a few ways to say it in a different way-- however- sometimes he says positive things now.
Old 09-27-2003, 06:12 PM   #26  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Greetings!

It's a cool, dreary day here and I'm not feeling well on top of it. I've been fighting a sore throat and flu bug. DH and I went shopping and I could hardly wait to come home. We're trying to decide on what type of flooring to put in our bathroom. We went to a seminar on how to lay ceramic tile and it looked quite easy. The problem is the time constraint and the fact that DH doesn't have a lot of free time on his hands.

I went to Curves yesterday and was really glad to get back at it. Wed. they start opening at 6:30 a.m. so I'll be able to get in earlier and do a full routine.

Sunny and Michele: I know that you're both on the SBD and are having some success with it. I just read up on it in a magazine and found it interesting. I'm going to give it a try. I just have to try and find the book first. Keep me posted on how you're doing with it.

Sprout: I wouldn't be able to advise you on what to do for your son. I haven't had to deal with ADD so I'm not an expert. My guys both went through the Christian school system right up through graduation and we haven't been sorry. You have to do what you think is best for him because you know him the best. It is worth listening to expert opinion.

Sami: I'm so sorry you had a bad day on Thursday. I sure hope they've improved since then. You deserve the best. You mentioned that you're doing indoor walking. Have you tired the Leslie Sansone indoor walking tapes? I really enjoy them. You can get 1,2, or 3 mile tapes. One of her series uses Christian music and I especially enjoy doing those.

Well, Im going to go get some rest and then it's time to make some Hamburger Soup. Easy and nutritious for those guys who keep popping in here expecting to be fed.

Take care!
Old 09-27-2003, 06:29 PM   #27  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hello all,

Nigel resigned today! Yeaaaaah! He wrote a 5 page letter pointing out all their incompetencies over the past 10 months and said they had left him no option but to resign. We both feel a real sense of relief that he does not have to deal with them anymore. The letter he wrote is really good - well thought out and argued and not emotive at all - he's going to send all his evidence to a solicitor who will assess whether he has a case for 'constructive dismissal'. Looking at his letter, I hope he can take it further - but I am biased!

Also I have decided to only weigh myself monthly from now on - I can't stand the trauma of the weekly weigh in anymore. It drives me mad! My weight is so up and down - even though I know I'm doing all the right things. The thing is with water retention and hormones and plateaus etc, the weekly weigh in is doing nothing for my self esteem - I think monthly will be a more accurate reading. I refuse to be a slave to the scales any longer - hallelujah!

SUNNY D - Thanks for sharing those most private things about yourself. You must have such strength of character to be able to challenge your father and maintain a relationship with him - wow, you are a strong and special lady!. I am thinking of applying for a job locally which is doing therepeutic work with children who have been abused. It is something that I have always been interested in, but I doubt if I'll get it because of my health record and I don't have much experience in that area. It is definately something I would like to do though - at some point I want to study for an MA in Play Therapy as that is something I would love to do as a career.

GARY - Hope the social work visit goes okay - I know you'll have no problems.

SPROUT - You carry on doing what you feel is best for your boy. It sounds like you know what you are doing and have done a good job up to now.

ANGEL - Hope things are getting better for you and you get the settlement that you deserve.

Everyone else - blessings to you all. May God shower you with his love during the week ahead.

Love Amanda xx
Old 09-28-2003, 08:12 AM   #28  

Angry Sunday

Good Sunday Morning everyone!

Just me ~ stopping in very breifly to wish you all a
very Beautiful, Restful Sunday...

Sure do miss you all not stopping in lately...
Where's Sherry these day's and Connie,
Angel, Amy, Christie & Jamie just to begin with.
(I feel like I'm at Romper-Room looking
through my magic mirror )

Miss everyone when they don't stop in
Hope you do again soon!

May you ~ALL~ have a Wonderful Day today and I
will stop in when I get the next moment to.
God Bless!

God can't be surpassed.
Thus saith the Lord the King of Isreal, and his
redeemer the Lord of hosts; I am the first, and
I am the last; and beside me there is no God. Isaiah 44:6
Old 09-28-2003, 08:24 AM   #29  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

I'm up early cuz i got lots of sleep yesterday, so i'm off to church early! Will check in later!

Sunny~you are up early too i see! Have a blessed day! That goes for all of you!
Old 09-28-2003, 10:46 AM   #30  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

HEY I remember Romper Room Sunny-- She never said my name when looking in the mirror, thanks for dragging up my sad past-- a big L.O.L. Go Browns. Michele glad to see you getting your rest, go Vikings. Wilma I love hamburger soup-- how do you make it? Amanda- YIPEE for Nigel-- take a deep breath now and start your new lives!
Gotta run-- heading down to San Diego this morning to my daughter's college for a worship service and an awards banquet- for all the sports teams on campus-- see you late this afternoon.
IN HIS CARE- Gary
Closed Thread