Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2003, 10:11 AM   #1  

Default one pound a week #3

Hi everyone!

This is the third one-pound-a-week thread. I started it a few weeks ago because it was just way too hard to think about losing all the weight. Even with the mini challenges we have on the boards, I would always put off changing my eating habits until "next week" or "tomorrow." This thread is for people who need a short term goal so it isn't so tempting to cheat... every day!

You don't have to lose a pound a week, either... pick any goal.

OK, my goal for this week is to weigh 175.

Have a good day everyone!
AR
Old 09-20-2003, 10:11 AM   #2  

Just checking in today. I started out vegetarian yesterday, and then felt awful after lunch. Eating vegan really does make me feel better. Maybe it's only psychological, but, hey, whatever works. I managed to eat vegan for the rest of the day. I'm really proud of myself for not blowing entire days just because I had junk food earlier in the day. Good habit!

Did my weight/sit-up regimen this morning.

After yesterday, today is going to be a vegan day.

Six more days to weigh-in!

AR
Old 09-20-2003, 11:18 AM   #3  

Location: where the weather changes every 15 minutes-- Michigan

hey there.. Just reporting I forgot of all days to hit the scale.. Did it today and am the same.. I had a horrible food day yesterday.
What a mess.. Oh well today is a new day and we hopefully wont repeat what went wrong again. lets just say sugar.. oh my gosh sugar.. yikes..

Well here's to next Friday looking down for a better number.. Glad to see you guys have made some progress.. shame on me.

to you all..
Old 09-21-2003, 10:07 AM   #4  

Hi there! You know, if you have a bad food day the day before you weigh-in, sometimes that affects the scales. Like if you eat a lot of salt, then you get bloated. Or if you eat too much food, it doesn't all pass through, and then you have the extra weight of the food in you when you weigh in. So I bet this week you'll see a loss, cuz that food will be gone. It's great that you're getting right back on track, too.

Had a vegan day yesterday.

Five more days til weigh in!

AR
Old 09-21-2003, 07:21 PM   #5  

Thank you AR for the encouraging words.. Today was horrible too.. Seems I am out to send myself backwards for some reason.. Emotional issues, needless to say most of us have them and thats why we overeat.. Ok sorry, I'll speak for myself.. I have food issues stemming from long ago. I just havent found my resolve to beat it again. hope it finds me before I do too much damage.

Hope you are all doing much better than I.. Someone lead, I need a better example than I have been..
Old 09-24-2003, 11:06 AM   #6  

Hi again!

I have been doing pretty well the last few days. Upped my weight reps, ate vegan alternating days. Starting today, I am going to try going vegan for one whole week.

Seems like not many people are interested in the one-pound-a-week thing. After weigh-in tomorrow, I might go join the weekly goal thread, and just have one pound as my weekly goal.

Hope you're doing well,
AR
Old 09-24-2003, 06:53 PM   #7  

I see what you mean.. I like this thread.. Not a bad idea though to keep your goal 1#.. we will see what happens on friday
I am back down to where I was thank goodness.. I walk/ran 4.2 miles the past 2 nights.. raining hard tonight so weight work is the plan.. I just got some more weights.. YEAH ... cant wait to feel that ache..

sorry no one came back to this one. maybe some newbies will jump in...

keep up the good work... you've been doing great..
vegan.. WOW! you are dedicated..
Old 09-25-2003, 09:41 PM   #8  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

Well I didnt lose the pound I was hoping too, But I am so ready for next weeks weigh in

gained .3
Old 09-26-2003, 07:53 AM   #9  

Hi there! Just reporting I lost my one pound. Am going to switch to the one week at a time thread. But it was nice hanging out with you!

AR
Closed Thread