Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2003, 07:05 PM   #16  

Tina: You lost a pound!

Look at it from this angle: That is an equal to four sticks of butter!
Old 09-22-2003, 07:21 PM   #17  

Default LOL

Keni: I was reading Tinas post and thinking on telling her to think of it in sticks of butter and there ya were, you took the words right out of my mouth. Great minds you know.

TINA, 2 STICKS OF BUTTER ON EACH HIP (GONE!!!!!!) LOVE YA.....

Heres to todays loses
Old 09-22-2003, 07:24 PM   #18  
a work in progress...

Happy Birthday, Natalie! Sounds like you had a nice weekend!

Duckie...good to see you back with us!

Barb, your pix were great! I LOVED Tower of Terror too!

Sandy...HEY! 5 lbs down! Wow! That's great!

Tina: HEY! 1 lb down! Wow! That's great too! It's gone! Hey, who wouldn't rather haver 5 lbs gone each week, especially after our hard work...BUT, to downplay your accomplishment is counterproductive. It leads to stinkin' thinkin' thoughts like, "oh, I work so hard and can't lose anyway, may as well have...name your poison..." Celebrate the fact that you stayed OP! The loss will come!

Tracy...if I may say so, (not to be pushy or anything) Dont substitute diet soda for water...try alternating until you can get used to the water. Or try Crystal Light, but definitely get that water in, it REALLY helps!

...which leads me to Keni...thanks for the water info!

Jen, I'm sorry about your car woes...I'm so glad that you haven't turned to food to feel better! Things WILL get better!

I'm trying to rely on my faulty memory to reply to all and it just ain't working when I have a hungry little buzzard circling about...

Hi J-ann, Thin, Mary, Pam...who else? I know I missed dome from the last thread...Oh yeah...WELCOME BACK, Deon!

Gotta go feed the boy... and myself!

Have a great, OP night!
Old 09-22-2003, 07:33 PM   #19  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Default Whine

Hi Ladies,

I'm feeling a little delicate right now. If you don't want to listen to me whine stop reading now.

1st I saw most of Dr. Phil today ... he's going to cut his fat group to 8 tomorrow. Please, oh please, let him cut the woman who could be my twin sister. I don't think I'll be able to continue watching if one more person says "Wow, she looks just like you".(Same size, same face, same hair.... it's eerie.) I can handle what I look like in a mirror but I can't watch my double on TV. It just hits to close to home.

I was getting depressed watching them then I went to WI and gained .25 lb. Now normally 1/4 lb. wouldn't mean anything (up or down) to me. I knew I'd messed up a couple of times during the week and figured I'd probably gain a lb. But with watching Dr. Phil, being pissed at myself for eating more than I should and telling myself that I'm probably killing myself with food, that damn 1/4 lb. was like a 20 lb. gain. (Yeah read a bit of menopause kicking in here too.)

I'm going to baby myself tonight, get over feeling miserable, and by tomorrow I'll be my OP, smiling self.

End of Whine .... and no, I'm not changing my sig for a measly 4 ounces!

Love ya all,
Old 09-22-2003, 07:40 PM   #20  

J-Ann: Just want to give you one of these.....We've all been there, so always feel free to come and talk about what ever you need to good or bad, whine or tootting your own horn. It's an open forum and you can say what you want.

Love ya,
Sandy
Old 09-22-2003, 07:41 PM   #21  

Smile Let's not get down on ourselves now!

Tina and J-ann, keep your chins up. This is the time when you'll need to be at your stongest. I know how difficult this is and we will see the end. I think they call it "stinkin-thinkin". I have been guilty of it today as well. But, you know what? It's not helping anything. The worse I feel then the closer I get to the fridge. I am not going to let a big white box with a door rule my life anymore. We are all much too good for that.

Congratulations on the loss Tina! No matter how small it is, it is gone forever. Bye, bye!

J-ann a quarter of a pound could be that glass of water you drank before you got on the scale. Go pee and I bet it will be gone.

Keep on smiling girls! We can and will do this!

Old 09-22-2003, 08:54 PM   #22  
BELIEVE!

Hi Gang!
I can't believe it's already 8:30. After work I went to the drug store and grocery store. I just finished eating dinner and wham! the night is almost over. If I am going to get to the gym at 6am I need to be in bed by 10pm. So, no workout for me today. Had a good food day. I stepped on the scale tonight and was happy to see it register much less than last night. I am not going to officially count a vacation gain until Friday, my normal weigh in. I am hoping some of the gain was just bloat, water, too much salt, whatever. We'll see on Friday.

Natalie - Sounds like you had a nice B-day celebration with Tom! Glad to hear it. Don't worry about that pesky little pound - It'll be gone by the end of the week!

Tracy - Do you like iced tea? I've nearly stopped diet soda completely but I do usually have a glass or two of iced tea with Splenda an lemon. I use the cold brew tea bags which have less caffeine than regular tea.

Keni - Thanks for all the water tips!

Duckie - You have a great motivation with that trip coming up. I know what you mean about plane rides. I can't imagine an 8 hour flight. The flight to FL was about 2 hours. On the way down I was squished in the middle of my DH and another heavy set woman. Was a pretty uncomfy flight. On the way home we somehow managed to get upgraded to first class for free (I guess I just asked at the right moment an had a friendly person). It was such a nice comfy flight! We are going back in 3 weeks - I hope we get lucky again.

Tina - You need to be proud of yourself --- I am!!! You stayed OP, you exercised, you are taking care of your body! That's the important thing! A pound is great! It's moving in the right direction and I always hear that a 1-2 pound loss each week is a healthy way to lose weight and keep it off! Stay motivated!!! You can do this!

j-ann --- whine away anytime you please. We have all done it and I'm sure we'll do it again! We are here for each other!

Sandy - you asked about the cruise.... I am so excited for it! We are going on the Carnival Glory. Leaving Port Canaveral on Oct. 11. We fly down on the 10th. We are meeting my mom, dad, brother, sis-in-law and niece down there. It's a 7 night cruise to the Western Caribbean - stopped at Key West, Belize, Cozumel and Progresso.

Jen - Sorry about the car probs. Sending some good vibes your way!

Deon - Welcome Back!!! It's great to see you. I hope you'll pop in more often! Congrats on the loss --- and getting your DH to work on it with you. I'm having a hard time getting mine motivated!

A big HELLO to anyone I may have missed!!! I better run for now!
Sweet Dreams to all.

Barb
Old 09-22-2003, 10:25 PM   #23  
Walking by faith

Angry Hello Ladies..

Happy Birthday Natalie!

Congrats Sandy and Katrina on your losses!

Tina: You LOST a pound! You didn't gain! Please don't get down on yourself!

J-Ann: 1/4 lb isn't much. Please don't let it upset you. I'm sure you'll more than make up for it next weigh in.

Jen: Sorry to hear about your car probs. (been experiencing a little of that myself!). Don't let the stress keep you from reaching ONE-derland!

Keni: Welcome to 300 +!

Tomorrow is my weigh in at my new TOPS chapter
See you then!
Old 09-22-2003, 11:30 PM   #24  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

Ok, add me to the list of losers so far this week! 2 lbs. down this morning! It was completely unexpected, but I'm not turning it down.

I was planning on sticking around and doing some replies, but this headache that has been bugging at me off and on for 3 days is back yet again. All I did was turn my head. I think I just need some real sleep and to let go the things I can't control in my life and stop beating myself up for not being able to accomplish every single other thing I actually can control. I'm not sure that last sentence made sense. My head really hurts.

Have a great night, and grats to all the losers! (yeah, even you, Tina )

Happy birthday, Natalie!

Take care all, and wishing you all the good night's sleep I'm wanting for myself.

Andria
Old 09-23-2003, 12:16 AM   #25  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everybody! Just a quickie before hitting the bed! This morning was WI (not Wisconsin). I was down 2 pounds. I was very happy since I didn't journal last week (AGAIN) and was just sorta winging it. I really do need to buckle down and do it right.

Kat: Congrats on your loss!

Sandy: Good job!!!

Tina: You too, honey! Can I make a suggestion? No? Too bad, here it is. Go back and eat more. I know, that sounds silly, but you said you didn't use any flex points and a couple of days you didn't hit your 'target'. Might be you didn't eat enough to make your metabolism work the weight off. Just a thought!

J-Ann: My gosh, woman! 1/4 of a pound is the thickness of the socks you wore this morning. Get a grip!!! That 1/4 is probably gone already! [[[hugs]]] Was that too harsh? I'm sorry, but I love ya and I don't want you turning to the fridge because your disappointed in the scale this week.

Deon: Good to see you. Hope you find more time to post. I'm glad you have hubby's support in your weightloss efforts this time. Sounds like you're doing great!

Andria: Hope you get rid of that headache. A chiropractor will help.

Barb: Loved the vacation pics.

Mary: You work too hard!

Tracy: WOW! You have a monkey! I always wanted a monkey! All I got was a cat!

Keni: Thanks for the water info. That was really interesting.

Pam: Where are ya, girl? You really can share with us, you know?

Duckie: Sounds like you've got a great trip all lined up. We're here to help you stick with the weightloss journey.

Syn: I bet you'll be glad when all of your renovations are done.

Jen: "Dye the kid's hair" That really would mess with him!

Homebound: Hope you like your new TOPS meeting.

Well, girls. I'm off to bed. I'm doing a cosmetics reset first thing in the morning again. See you all later. Love ya!

Last edited by thinthinker; 09-23-2003 at 12:19 AM.
Old 09-23-2003, 07:17 AM   #26  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Mornin’ all,

Just a quickie to let you know that I’m over my whine and I didn’t turn to the fridge for support! Thank God you guys were here so I could type out my feelings when normally I'd be eating them. Thank you all for the encouragement. Think I was just having a “down day” yesterday. I’m still going to avoid Dr. Phil’s show if he selects the lady that looks like me. That really bothered me. Made me sit up and take more notice than I care to take. It’s not fun to see a mirror of yourself and say OMG that IS JUST what I look like! Besides, any of us could lose if we were in a situation where we had nothing else to do all day but think about our health, exercise w/a personal trainer and had Dr. Phil watching us!

Enough already j-ann!

Had a toasted bagel w/a small smear of p’nut butter on it, OJ and coffee for breakfast. If my knees feel as good later in the day as they do right now I plan to walk for 15 minutes on my lunch and another 15 when I get home from work.

Ttyl,
Old 09-23-2003, 08:27 AM   #27  
BELIEVE!

Good Morning Girls!
We are getting a heck of a storm here this morning, so I am waiting out the traffic a little bit before I tackle my commute. What better way to pass the time then to join my buddies here?

Joanne - Wishing you all the best with you new TOPS chapter and weighin!

Andria - WOOHOO!!! 2 Pounds gone! Way to Go!

Thin - You too! Great Job on the 2 Pound loss!!! My there are a bunch of losers this week! I hope to join that list by Friday! Don't work too hard today!

J-ann - Glad to hear you are starting the day out better than yesterday! Good job not turning to the fridge!!!

Well, I guess I should mosey on now.....Catch ya later on!
Luv Ya!
Barb
Old 09-23-2003, 09:09 AM   #28  
You and Me in 2003

Good morning all my lovely chickies.
I don't go into work till 2:30 today.
So far this morning I have stripped my bed and put clean sheets on it. I washed my quilt and vacumed the floors.
I also folded a drawer full of shorts and dusted a little.
Food is ok but not great.

Dh came in from American Legion last night and said they wanted me to do a program for them next year. Haven't made a decision yet.

Glad to see so many here posting (I know I should post more).

Kat: we got the other box of books on Sat. Thanks again. Do you want me to send you someeting to use for tax purposes?

Well I better run got to put the quilt in the dryer.
Old 09-23-2003, 10:00 AM   #29  

Good Morning!

Well I guess it's morning, but I don't know how good it is. My DH is frustrated right now. He is on Morphine and it's making him crazy. And in turn it's making crazy. Ugh!!
I just don't know how to deal right now, I guess I am forgetting the strength of God and I need to lean on him. That's all I can do right now, because nothing else is working and I'm going to lose it if I don't lean on someone.
Oh and now I have to go pick up my grandma to stay with me for a week so she can have eye surgery.
And now to top it all off, I have totally thrown WW out the window again, why is it if any stress comes my way I forget how to eat right?? And I feel like I can't do the WW thing. I swear I am going to pop!!
Well ladies, I hope to be back soon. Everyone take care.

Happy Birthday to all the birthdays and congrats to all the losses!!
Old 09-23-2003, 11:45 AM   #30  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

It is a beautiful day in my neighborhood. At least I think it is? I didn't sleep well yet again last night, and the morning light is making my head hurt. I'm wishing I drank coffee or something right about now. I think I'm going to go grab a nice bottle of water and go sit on the porch. There is a little field across the street for me that they decided to try growing oat grass on this summer. The oat grass didn't go so well, but the field filled up with these huge morning glories in 3 different shades and another plant they call morning shade around here. Very pretty. They are usually closed up by the time I get home from work, so this is the only time of day to enjoy them. Also, I'll be able to see the pretty flowers a couple of friends from church brought over last night. They planted them with me and everything. I thought that was the sweetest thing! They knew I've been working super hard to keep things together here, and it was a birthday/pick-me-up combination gift. I felt so good while they were here.

Ok, time to finish getting ready for work and then spend that few minutes pampering my soul before walking up the street to work.

Have a great day, all!

BTW, Deon, seems like you could use a big Right now you sound pretty frustrated with your life, and reasonably so. I'm one of those who eats out of stress and frustration as well, but half the battle there is realizing you do it and realizing why. Your problems are right there in front of you. Prayer can help (sounds like you are headed that direction already ) Writing here can help. Mostly, you need to get those feelings out in the open to even be able to begin dealing with them instead of stuffing them down with food. However you get them out is fine. I feel privileged you chose to use us as part of your stress release. Hope I didn't sound preachy.

Now I'm really off.

Andria
Closed Thread