3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   300+ and Ready to Try Again #412 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/32190-300-ready-try-again-412-a.html)

loranden 09-19-2003 01:28 PM

300+ and Ready to Try Again #412

WELCOME !!!! :blah:

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

We chat at 8:30 pm EST, 7:30 pm CST on Wednesday and Saturday.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

WELCOME!!!

loranden 09-19-2003 01:39 PM

Welcome to Friday, as I battle both backstroking in the rain (as a milder effect of Hurricane Isabel) and the good ol' TOM. Well, at least the cat brats let me sleep in today...:lol:

Ready to kill the cable company--not literally--but I'd like to chew them a new one. I haven't had a problem with the internet service (obviously), but since the digital cable TV service was installed yesterday, the thing hasn't worked. Well, I called yesterday and they were supposed to send someone back out. No one ever showed and I was here all day yesterday afternoon:mad: . Soooo....time to get on the phone again today. We shall see if someone shows up, and if they don't, I'm calling Monday and telling them to just give me the extended basic service and shove the digital in their ears.

Other than that, life is good. I lost another pound without expecting it...yes, I confess, I did sneak on the scale and peeked.

Something really cute happened the other night I have to tell you all about. Noah was at the screen door looking outside, and all the sudden, started meowing like crazy and flopping his tail. He usually does this when he spies Tigger outside, but Tig was already in the house. Next thing I know, Noah is nose to nose with another cat through the screen :) ....but all I had to do was say "Hi kitty," and it took off as it were shot from a cannon. I think it may have been wild. There's been quite a few strays around here lately. Too bad I don't have room to take them all in!

peekabooangel 09-19-2003 02:55 PM

Originally asked by Kat
Quote:

Lori...who are those fellas at the bottom of your post??
My 11 year old knew right away that it was a wrestler who goes by the name of SPANKY......a/k/a Brian Kendrick....he showed me a better pic of him.....on his own website....briankendrick.com

MichelleK 09-19-2003 03:21 PM

Geeeesh!!

I hate to say it Lori but that boy toy sure looks like the boy from Hel*l !! You really ought to get rid of the pic or fess up!!!

Kat did you get any effects from the storm last night? We just have a few branches down from the tree out back and the one out front. It was beautiful today!

Tina...please don't let your family make you feel guilty. You need to do what is right for you and your immediate family. If they don't give two hoots why should you! Don't try to please anyone but yourself sweetie! My heart goes out to you! I wish I was there to give you a great big giant bear hug!! Your husband and kids are what matter the most, I know its hard because its your mom and dad and brother...but heck...have they gone out of their way to help you every single time you needed them?? Oh and BTW...great job on the loss girlfriend...YOU ROCK!!

It has taken me a long long time to write this since I had to stop and play with Play doh with my baby boy! He got some for his birthday and has been dying to open it up and since John can't stand the smell of it we can't do it when he is home. He got a little refridgerator with all the cut out stuff, rolling pin, waffle maker, spatula, bacon and egg molds, and on the back of the fridge it has a million little molds of different foods...can you tell who had the most fun???

Well i better get going....I have to clean up this place before the sitter comes tonight. We are going out for a couple of drinks tonight at a friends bar...translation...free drinks!!

Barb I hope you got back safe or is that tomorrow?

I don't mean to offend anyone by not posting to you all...I haven't read the last thread at the end but I will be back to catch up with the rest of you later!

TTFN Michelle

MichelleK 09-19-2003 03:23 PM

Gee Sandy you snuck in while I was playing with play doh! LOL

Any way all I can say is LORI I GUESS YOU WERE BUSTED!! LMAO

Syn 09-19-2003 05:51 PM

Hi :)

I just got back from an afternoon of chasing all over Des Moines running errands. ..went to the Drivers License Office to change my license from a Minnesota one to an Iowa one...I thought I was so smart...had a certified copy of my birth certificate, a certified copy of my divorce papers stating I had legally changed my name back to my maiden name, I had my Minnesota license, I had my SS #..bank checks with my new address on them, but I had no proof of my Iowa residency! All I would have needed was a letter that had been postmarked and addressed to me at my Iowa address...needless to say I will have to go back on Monday.....:mad:

Do ya think I am too old for a "boy toy" :o lol Looks like Lori has found one....

Tina...Remember you can't choose the family you have...but you can choose your friends! That thought has given me comfort when my family members have been putzes! It is hard sometimes...

J-Ann...It is so hard to have someone so young dies so un expectedly....how very lucky that your son wasn't with him....I am so sorry you son and your family have lost a special person in your lives.

For those of you who have lost and continue to keep up with the exercise etc I applaud you!!:cp: Keep up the good work.

Weigh in was good for me today! I lost more than I expected to lose. Sure hope to show a loss again next week.

Tomorrow the Jotul Stove people are finishing the installation of my Jotul Stove, The mornings have been a little cool, so that tells me it won't be long before we will have a frost....within a month I will bet...So I am looking forward to sit in front of a fire....

Forgive me for not responding to all posts, I somply haven't the time today...Just know I have been reading and will try to catch up on all the posts later this week end....

:) Later Ladies...............

Duckie25 09-19-2003 06:11 PM

Sorry to come in here and post a you've been caught post, but I just had to comment on Lori's little imagination. I thought your stories about Brian were a little to far fetched. At least it shows your a pretty good actress you had us all feeling sorry for you, by the way he was treating you, when you made the whole thing up. I guess on the internet you never know who's telling the truth or not, but you have a good imagination.

Here's a pictures from Brain Kendricks web site, it looks awfully familiar, where you wanting us to find you out?

QueenB 09-19-2003 07:15 PM

Oh my..... :dizzy:

Terri in MO 09-19-2003 07:31 PM

Well, go figure. I thought the whole thing sounded a bit fishy. Even the love part.

Sorry for being AWOL. I've had trouble with the cable internet and finally got it going on one computer again. :mad:

I'll be leaving tomorrow for a work conference in San Diego and won't be back until Wednesday afternoon. I'm taking lots of stuff to read and clothes for lots of walking and exercise. I am going to focus on seafood and not desserts!

I hope to come back and not have gained any weight.

Take care everyone. I had to leave now when things could get even weirder!

Terri in MO 09-19-2003 07:50 PM

Well, just occurred to me.....

Brian Kendrick the wrestler and

love of the life "Bri" with a violent temper.

That's just low to do that to the thread again after that unfortunate incident awhile back by a former poster stealing someone else's picture.

Grannie39074 09-19-2003 09:05 PM

Evening all
I went to my monthly Reference workshop today. It was good then I went to lunch with a few of the people from headquarters . We had mexican. Then I went shopping . I bought a new pant suit . It looks great. Not much else to post

bobsgal 09-19-2003 09:15 PM

If you guys go back to thread #345, you'll see that I mentioned that about Brian. She shrugged it off as a coincidence, but I never got it out of my head. I thought the whole story sounded a little far fetched. I thought we were here to be honest. Guess you never know.
Steph

bobsgal 09-19-2003 09:41 PM

Well said Tina. Lori- do you have any explanation as to why you would make up such a thing. It's one thing to make up a boyfriend(however, even that is a little childish) but to spin a tale of violence is unthinkable. We all care about each other here and to think we were all deceived. Many times I wanted to say enough is enough , but kept my mouth shut because I didn't want any hurt feelings. But as they say, the truth always comes out one way or another. I hope you're proud of yourself.
Steph

QueenB 09-19-2003 09:48 PM

And here's another lovely one off his website!

http://www.briankendrick.com/galleries/sd/feb271.jpg

qsilver 09-19-2003 10:57 PM

Hey everyone :)

Ok, I've been reading the last 15 minutes or so and wondering if I logged on to the wrong website.

Joanne, I am so sorry for the loss of someone so dear to your family. His family and yours are in our prayers. *HUGS*

Syn, you sounded armed to the teeth with documentation! Too bad you have the privilege of doing it all over again on Monday. :( And, what is a Jotul Stove?

Michelle, you sound like the most adorable mom. I have to admit, I hated messing around with PlayDoh. You know how little bits of the colors end up getting mixed together and the colors get all muddy? It drives me insane! Can't stand water colors for the same reason. My kids had to tell me to relax and stop cleaning out their paint pots and the water they clean their brushes in. Too bad I'm not as tidy in the rest of my life. :lol:

Sandy, thanks for the recipe. I've never cooked a turnip in my life. I assume you cut it up into chunks? What size? Oh, and a backrub could normally mean something else, but I was way, way too tired for any of that!

Kat, I'm really glad you and your family are all safe. :)

Mary, sounds like you had a good day. I can hardly wait to be out buying clothes and feel they look great on me. Good for you!

I'm going to go curl up with a good book. I got in all 3 Curves workouts this week as well as two good walks with my dad. My weight is still staying exactly the same, even with eating normally. I think it is time to treat myself to some good quiet time. Take care, all. :)

Andria